Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want me to scrap the current site and start using mmcfe?
Yes - 31 (56.4%)
No - 9 (16.4%)
Doesnt matter to me - 15 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FeatherCoin Pool - Stratum  (Read 18538 times)
viperaus (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:58:46 AM

The site is back on; and the server load reads 'critical'  Grin

Guessing Viperaus has rushed to the supermarket to grab a few servers and a bucket of ice.

lol Smiley if only it was that simple .. ive been pulling my hair out all day trying to test the code updates im working on but due to it being so slow im not getting anywhere.

OK everyone - I would like some feedback from you guys.

What i am proposing is:

1. Scrap the current front end code and start using MMCFE as this is already pretty solid from what I hear.
or
2. Continue with the current site, and people will just have to bear with me while I work things out.

For #1 to happen: I will shut down stratum server and will not accept any more connections. I will give the system 12 to 16 hours (whatever it needs), to process all of the outstanding shares and update users account balance. Once all shares are accounted for, I will enable auto payout on everyones account and send out whatever FC is due to be paid. Once this is done, I will then scrap the current database/website and begin the transition over to MMCFE, at which time, I will then turn stratum back on. You will then need to re-sign up, and configure your account.

For #2 to happen: well, as every hour goes by, I am getting less and less confident that I have the time/energy to continue to debug all of the issues that are going on - however if the group consensus is to continue working with the current site, I will continue to work on it.

Let me know what you guys think; I will start a poll momentarily.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrownCloud

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:05:34 AM

The site is back on; and the server load reads 'critical'  Grin

Guessing Viperaus has rushed to the supermarket to grab a few servers and a bucket of ice.

lol Smiley if only it was that simple .. ive been pulling my hair out all day trying to test the code updates im working on but due to it being so slow im not getting anywhere.

OK everyone - I would like some feedback from you guys.

What i am proposing is:

1. Scrap the current front end code and start using MMCFE as this is already pretty solid from what I hear.
or
2. Continue with the current site, and people will just have to bear with me while I work things out.

For #1 to happen: I will shut down stratum server and will not accept any more connections. I will give the system 12 to 16 hours (whatever it needs), to process all of the outstanding shares and update users account balance. Once all shares are accounted for, I will enable auto payout on everyones account and send out whatever FC is due to be paid. Once this is done, I will then scrap the current database/website and begin the transition over to MMCFE, at which time, I will then turn stratum back on. You will then need to re-sign up, and configure your account.

For #2 to happen: well, as every hour goes by, I am getting less and less confident that I have the time/energy to continue to debug all of the issues that are going on - however if the group consensus is to continue working with the current site, I will continue to work on it.

Let me know what you guys think; I will start a poll momentarily.

I'd suggest waiting for your new server, 6 more cores than before should help Wink

EDIT : and yeah, I do mine on your pool Smiley

CrownCloud - Internet Services
Dedicated servers, OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and  in 4 locations. (We accept Bitcoin !)
http://crowncloud.net/
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:13:28 AM

hi viperaus,
first of all thank you for running the pool, stratum is working great (so far) and stale is very low
but please get rid of that crap! front end is terrible, it takes ages to load and has no accurate information Smiley

viperaus (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:17:47 AM

I'd suggest waiting for your new server, 6 more cores than before should help Wink

EDIT : and yeah, I do mine on your pool Smiley

Thanks for the support Smiley - Ive already upped the box last night to the next plan ($80/m as per one of my early posts) so it now has 4 cores and more ram but MySQL is still maxing out the CPU so yes, hopefully another 4 will help matters Smiley

hi viperaus,
first of all thank you for running the pool, stratum is working great (so far) and stale is very low
but please get rid of that crap! front end is terrible, it takes ages to load and has no accurate information Smiley

No worries Smiley - will wait and see what the general consensus is (although I feel inclined to go with MMCFE and then restyle it)
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:40:03 AM

Pool Op: Thank you for your hard work so far. I have been paid fairly from the beginning, this is just not a pool where one can hit refresh every 5 minutes and watch a slowly increasing balance... for a lot of members around here, scammy pool ops have lowered the amount of trust given.. hence people freaking out after not seeing payouts available when they should be available.

GIVE LOTS OF LEAD TIME IF YOU PULL THE STRATUM. I bet a lot of your miners dont have a good backup setup. it is NOT fun to wake up in the morning to find out you've missed out on hours of mining.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:09:25 PM

As above, thank you for the hard work so far, the stratum support is better than any other FC pool, but the frontend lets it down majorly, I vote to switch over Smiley

But whatever you do, please keep the pool running!
Dark3nedFaith

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:21:42 PM

A switch over is probably the best way to go. Thanks for the continuing support
sokol815

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:39:33 PM

I quite agree. Stratum is the way to go, but a quick and responsive front end is, unfortunately, extremely important to most people.

BTC: 1DGoGCg93igczMttDQn5SAE9x6zn4KZ8bv
LTC: LiP6Pskxa5tdDAhdwYeqszRFBMQev2ndBr
FTC: 6efcHwHYG3rk8SP37odyCrKqdxWom8rsen
Arachnid

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:26:27 PM

^^^^^ What he said. I vote for switchover.

Pool just stopped taking shares. All stales. Site says too many connections.

Great pool with stratum! Please stay in the game!
AMD FTW

Activity: 317

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:47:31 PM

Yeah great stratum pool but front end needs some work. Scrap the front end now as the more cpu cores added are only temporarily going to help and is just a band aid in the long run.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:00:42 PM

thanks for the continued work on this pool.  The stratum support is great I wouldn't change it at all.  The reject rate is very low compared to the other pools.  So the fee is fine in that context.

The front end is not responsive enough.  It's like that with any user interface.  People will pay a premium for a new front end.  It also establishes a greater trust.

I want to report that I've obtained all my shares and my payout reflects what it should be.  There is long lag but the payout is what I expected.  You just have to wait about 24 hours.  But mystats have updated correct.

I recommend that anyone that feels they have not been credited their FC you review their stats again.
mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:54:35 PM

Thanks for your had work.  I am lovin' the stratum but I agree front-end is crucial.  Plus, if you are already running into too much stress then do what you gotta do.  But in the mean time, can we keep mining or willthe pool be brought offline soon?
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:22:35 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 08:58:44 PM by mrSprinkles

I've been mining on your site for 2-3 days now, and after my cashout yesterday, the last 12 hours have only produced 48 FC @ 2.6 Mh/s? I've clearly already passed the ~12 hour 120 confirmation delay a few days ago. Can you please look into this?
sob317

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:45:49 PM

I don't even know what MMCFE is  Huh
N00b scurries away to google...

BTC: 12v2K92HKrgnaWbvrwy4xCUXYWNKJmdTB4
meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:08:18 PM

https://give-me-ltc.com/

it is what ^ that pool uses

it is that basic interface that is very common among new alt pools.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

txmasut

Activity: 280

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:55:26 AM

Any updates on what you plan on doing?  I do love your pool and would love to move back once I know what is going to be happening.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
sob317

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:14:35 AM

https://give-me-ltc.com/

it is what ^ that pool uses

it is that basic interface that is very common among new alt pools.

Ah, OK. Thanks.
I've been having trouble with the site so I guess if that would help I'm for the MMCFE.
A little sleeker looking for sure.

BTC: 12v2K92HKrgnaWbvrwy4xCUXYWNKJmdTB4
add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:44:19 AM

The progress here is too slow, the frontend should be moved already, I've switched pools for now.

Your pool is nice, but if you really want to compete you have to be quicker.
viperaus (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:12:10 PM

Alrighty; sorry for the delay in this last update.

Looking at the poll results, it appears that the general consensus is to create the site with MMCFE.

I am happy to say I have now done this on a temporary server which has been offered to me by the supplier of my new server whilst awaiting it to be setup. Hopefully the full server will be online in a day or two.

In the mean time, if you want to join up on the new site and start mining on this temp box please feel free to do so. Any members that join in the next 48 hours will have their account set to 0% pool fee for the next month.

I have also added in a few tweaks with the stratum server; the main one that affects users is that miner details are now being validated.

Stratum connection: stratum+tcp://fc.altpool.com:3333/
Getwork connection: http://fc.altpool.com:8336/

I have only just literally uploaded the site and am yet to add content back into the pages; I shall get to this in the next 24 hours.

As this is also a new site, many functions are as yet untested and there may be a few bugs from the original developer, but so far from my testing everything looks good.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:37:12 PM

Alrighty; sorry for the delay in this last update.

Looking at the poll results, it appears that the general consensus is to create the site with MMCFE.

I am happy to say I have now done this on a temporary server which has been offered to me by the supplier of my new server whilst awaiting it to be setup. Hopefully the full server will be online in a day or two.

In the mean time, if you want to join up on the new site and start mining on this temp box please feel free to do so. Any members that join in the next 48 hours will have their account set to 0% pool fee for the next month.

I have also added in a few tweaks with the stratum server; the main one that affects users is that miner details are now being validated.

Stratum connection: stratum+tcp://fc.altpool.com:3333/
Getwork connection: http://fc.altpool.com:8336/

I have only just literally uploaded the site and am yet to add content back into the pages; I shall get to this in the next 24 hours.

As this is also a new site, many functions are as yet untested and there may be a few bugs from the original developer, but so far from my testing everything looks good.

great job!  much faster interface.  will the old site still be available.  I have some FC there that I need to payout but I can't get onto the site to cash it out.  I keep getting timed out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: