Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:57:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908386 times)
donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:13:33 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 08:07:02 PM by donk4u

jan 26 transfered 1.1 bitcoin to online wallet mt gox didn't process transaction one response that with developmental team .  Support Ignonring all emails

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
whave

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:31:57 PM

So what do you say, where are we with the SEPA backlog, as it seems you usually have more info compared to us, the plebs? Smiley I see someone complaining from the 1st week of January, his 1000EUR is still not processed yet...
Please read the thread you are posting in before replying, and you would know the answer already.  I have lost count of how many times I this question has been answered.  Short story: Daily bank transfer limits.

I have read the thread back to like page 155. I know about the limits, both the daily and the 20day limits.

But sometimes you had some kind of info, where the processing is currently at. I was curious about this.

But seems like you can only add your two cents if it's about bashing the US (which I feel ya for, but still...) Smiley
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:43:41 PM

So what do you say, where are we with the SEPA backlog, as it seems you usually have more info compared to us, the plebs? Smiley I see someone complaining from the 1st week of January, his 1000EUR is still not processed yet...
Please read the thread you are posting in before replying, and you would know the answer already.  I have lost count of how many times I this question has been answered.  Short story: Daily bank transfer limits.

I have read the thread back to like page 155. I know about the limits, both the daily and the 20day limits.

But sometimes you had some kind of info, where the processing is currently at. I was curious about this.

But seems like you can only add your two cents if it's about bashing the US (which I feel ya for, but still...) Smiley

roundabout a few hours Gox should be celebrating (processing ) the advent of the new year right now Wink..........but I sincerely doubt it......everything before should be done or the daily

bankquota excuse is crushed too
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:48:27 PM

Read two pages back.  This is the latest information I have.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
pedro82

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:02:53 PM

Read two pages back.  This is the latest information I have.

Be careful with time calculation , at gox planet they still in "New Year holiday"  Shocked oh my gox !

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:01:57 AM

If so, you better hurry.  I've got an appointment with my attorney later today.

I get that you're pissed off with sturle in the long term, but should point out that this bet was specifically over zyk's unrealistic prediction that gox will collapse by march, with no other judgement about their health implied.

I'm not pissed at Strudle.  I like the guy.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:16:32 AM

may be you are lucky ...but am willing to bet 1 BTC that at the latest 15. th of march GOX doesn´t exist anymore as an entity which pays back more than 50 cents of money owed
I'm in!  I won a similar bet on betsofbitco.in that MtGox would be sold or closed by the end of 2013, but this didn't happen either.
You want to bet whether Mt. Gox sends me the wire that they've been putting off sending for 1/2 of a year now before I take legal action?
If so, you better hurry.  I've got an appointment with my attorney later today.
Let me repeat my favourite quote:
Quote from: MagicalTux in #mtgox
03:03 <@MagicalTux>  a class action in the US to force us to do something the US govt prevents us from doing might not lead you very far
But, hey!  You are free to waste your own money.

I'm not targeting Mt. Gox.  They're already toast.  I've got my eye on the $5M that the U.S. government already has.

Investing a token amount of money now probably won't pay off, but if it does eventually it will be several orders of magnitude more than it'll cost me to stick my foot in the door.  This is pretty similar to the calculus I employed when I was buying BTC years ago.

Anyway, it would be worth a few hundred buck to me just to fuck with these assholes.  (Just kidding.  I have 'absent malice' of course.  Just though it was amusing and want to make people who get it chuckle.  That is the way it is with a lot of stuff I write on this forum Wink

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:35:42 AM

Let me repeat my favourite quote:
Quote from: MagicalTux in #mtgox
03:03 <@MagicalTux>  a class action in the US to force us to do something the US govt prevents us from doing might not lead you very far
But, hey!  You are free to waste your own money.

And another thing that you might put your brilliant legal mind to Strudle (or dick-eating propagandist mind to as the case may be):

Do you suppose that @MagicalFux was trying to imply that the U.S. Govt barred Mt. Gox from sending out USD wires which didn't have a 5% fuck-you-sucker charge but says that those which do are A-OK?

RG

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:54:32 AM

Making another withdrawal today, will update on how long that takes.

Thank you! we will be paying attention, please don't forget to update us.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:08:33 AM

The latest information I would be interested in is: how much do you trust mtgox with your fiat and btc?
I guess zero of each there.

infoman

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:29:03 AM

The latest information I would be interested in is: how much do you trust mtgox with your fiat and btc?
I guess zero of each there.

you have a slim chance with btc withdrawal, if lucky 40-50% goes through fine, if unlucky, only 10-20%
(based on experience, not scientific)

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:13:12 AM

Hi All,

I was freaking out about a 6 day delay on withdrawing 100 BTC, but there is hope!  I just put in for 80 BTC and got them on blockchain!!  I got a 5 BTC withdrawal last night also very quickly (like it should be).  However, the 100 and a couple of smaller withdrawals have not gone through yet. Nor have I received any response to the support tickets I sent.

I suppose I'll get flamed for posting this as a shill, but it is what it is, so good news for all of us waiting here.

Cheers.
coastermonger

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:19:38 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 04:34:48 AM by coastermonger

I'm already a verified MtGox user and have been sporadically using the service for almost a year now. Today I log in and see the "Attention Users: All withdrawals and deposits require account verification."

Yeah sure, fine I think.  I submitted verification documents and went through that ages ago.  Then I check my funding options and see.

"Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact support@mtgox.com for additional information on why your account has been restricted."

Then I check the verification section of the site and see the exact same message.  Literally no option given to do anything other than contact support@mtgox.com.  What a headache  Angry

EDIT: I found the answer.

Dear MtGox Customers,

Following the arrest of the BitInstant CEO, we believe it necessary to confirm and improve the information we hold on all customers using or having used BitInstant in the past. We understand that this request may create inconveniences but we believe that this is a necessary process to enforce MtGox policy to not tolerate any illegal usages of its platform.

If you feel that you have been affected by this please open a ticket with MtGox Support via this portal, or by emailing support@mtgox.com.

Best Regards,

The MtGox Team

So apparently they're exacting scrutiny on anyone who ever used the bitinstant service to fund their account.  Wow.

Bitrated user: Rees.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:31:14 AM

I'm already a verified MtGox user and have been sporadically using the service for almost a year now. Today I log in and see the "Attention Users: All withdrawals and deposits require account verification."

Yeah sure, fine I think.  I submitted verification documents and went through that ages ago.  Then I check my funding options and see.

"Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact support@mtgox.com for additional information on why your account has been restricted."

Then I check the verification section of the site and see the exact same message.  Literally no option given to do anything other than contact support@mtgox.com.  What a headache  Angry

Sure sounds like an attempt to lock user funds where people are inactive on the account for a while.

Cash grab to help the ponzi going?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

skyrunner

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:31:30 AM

Hi All,

I was freaking out about a 6 day delay on withdrawing 100 BTC, but there is hope!  I just put in for 80 BTC and got them on blockchain!!  I got a 5 BTC withdrawal last night also very quickly (like it should be).  However, the 100 and a couple of smaller withdrawals have not gone through yet. Nor have I received any response to the support tickets I sent.

I suppose I'll get flamed for posting this as a shill, but it is what it is, so good news for all of us waiting here.

Cheers.

thanks newbie with 1 post, who the fuck cares anymore if we have a confirmation from you now! I will go to celebrate right now
I think MtGox is too stupid to create an account and post this crap
cryptog1

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:34:29 AM

According to the 25 days estimate, I should be able to get my JPY cash on the Feb 15th/16th.

my friend initiated JPY withdrawal on Jan 7 and got it on Jan 28 (Mizuho bank). It used to be couple of days max. I wonder if JPY withdrawals to JNB account are actually faster. Has anyone successfully withdrawn JPYs to JNB recently?

I made a JPY withdrawal through my JapaNet bank account on Jan 28th, today still waiting.

I made two withdrawals on 8th and 9th Jan, JPY to japanese account.

The first completed end last week, the 2nd completed  today.

Making another withdrawal today, will update on how long that takes.

So that amounts to 22/23 business days waiting time.
Wondering whether JNB is really faster. It should be. Will create a JNB account today.
cryptog1

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:53:34 AM

Got an update from MtGox in Japanese to Japanese customers via email yesterday.

(sorry it does not help at all the US or Europe-base account holders  Cry )

Basically it says (--> my comments)

- they apologize sincerely for the delays

- there has been a tremendous increase recently of Japanese customers willing to open an account because bitcoin has been publicized a lot by Japanese media.
--> it s true that more and more media have talked about it very recently

- there has been a lot of withdrawal requests between 2013DEC21 and 2014JAN06.
--> that combined with the winter Japanese holidays (2013DEC28~2014JAN06) which are the longest of the year did not help them

- they are in the process of increasing their support staff

- For JPY withdrawals, they need more or less 2 weeks to process them
--> which is shorter than the 25 days estimate. (<-- this is probably a bit conservateur)

Besides, if you look at https://support.mtgox.com/entries/21649594-Withdrawals-and-Deposits, you can see it s written ( Withdrawals
We are currently processing withdrawals requested 3 weeks ago. (08 January 2014)), meaning that they have a 3weeks backlog regarding JPY withdrawals.
3weeks is longer than their 2weeks need to process withdrawals.

Well, I think we just need to hope they will be able to increase their staff very quickly and become able to process much faster the withdrawals.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:54:22 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 05:09:16 AM by tvbcof

EDIT: I found the answer.

Dear MtGox Customers,

Following the arrest of the BitInstant CEO, we believe it necessary to confirm and improve the information we hold on all customers using or having used BitInstant in the past. We understand that this request may create inconveniences but we believe that this is a necessary process to enforce MtGox policy to not tolerate any illegal usages of its platform.

If you feel that you have been affected by this please open a ticket with MtGox Support via this portal, or by emailing support@mtgox.com.

Best Regards,

The MtGox Team

So apparently they're exacting scrutiny on anyone who ever used the bitinstant service to fund their account.  Wow.

As I suspected.  Mt. Gox went full honey-pot about 9 months ago.  Now they are not even trying to hide it (and why would they since they seem to be in a death rattle now anyhow.)

I used them (or tried to) since that time anticipating this possibility.  At the time I also held out the hope that the opposite was true in that they made some attempt to maintain customer privacy by not dumping their records to CoInlAb.  I personally didn't care one way or another since my shit is clean.  Naturally I hoped that someone in the community had some balls (a-la the Lavabit guy.)  Still hopeful that there is at least one such guy involved in Bitcoin...have not noted one yet Sad

- edit:  Actually, David Sterry (weex) President of ExchB came close to Lavabit behavior I suspect.  I'd give him a bunch of default trust on any future efforts he was involved in.  And Jered Kenna treated me right at least at the end of Tradehill-I.  Some others have complained.

Kava_Kauboi

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:59:53 AM

Hi All,
Just another person here affected by Gox restricting my account and not being able to withdraw any coins. I withdrew some around new years successfully. Logged on a week ago and found my account restricted. I have sent 3 support tickets and first one from 5 days ago has not been answered. Very frustrating. Will post if I get an answer. I don't usually post things on the Internet but I think people should know what's going on. Glad I'm not the only one. Hope Gox fixes this quickly. Never had a problem with them until now after 2 years.
I see the bitinstant posting here, I've never done any business with bitinstant that I know of.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 06:16:01 AM

And another thing that you might put your brilliant legal mind to Strudle (or dick-eating propagandist mind to as the case may be):

Do you suppose that @MagicalFux was trying to imply that the U.S. Govt barred Mt. Gox from sending out USD wires which didn't have a 5% fuck-you-sucker charge but says that those which do are A-OK?
Right. That's just an excuse dreamed up by Mt. Gox's defenders. Even Mt. Gox doesn't say that officially.

If there was some action by the U.S. Government, it would affect funds being sent to Mt. Gox from US banks.  Somehow, sending money to Mt. Gox from the US always works fine. Nobody has ever reported a wire transfer to Mt. Gox being returned to sender. Somehow, Mt. Gox's problems are always on the withdrawal side.

Yes, the U.S. Government's Office of Foreign Asset Control tells banks to block money transfers to certain persons and organizations Here is the searchable list.  Only 18 names in Japan are listed. Mt Gox, Tibanne, and Karpeles are not on the list. OFAC only says "yes" or "no"; there's no procedure which imposes a rate limit.

Reality: The U.S. Government doesn't care much about Bitcoin. They only care if you do something illegal with Bitcoins that would be illegal if you did it with some other currency or commodity.
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: