Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908389 times)
WuttWutt

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:11:08 PM

i'll give 1 real btc for 10 gox btc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:13:54 PM

I did it yesterday several times, all worked.
Are you buying gox coins or selling?

Buying of course, just like every sane person....

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:16:29 PM

Are you buying gox coins or selling?

Selling. I want to give people more than I take! Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 03:52:41 PM

can someone confirm that this is still working today?

bakada

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:01:34 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 12:48:19 PM by bakada

jack0m
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1988

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:24:06 PM

Dear MtGox Customers,

In our efforts to resolve the issue being encountered by various bitcoin withdrawals, it was determined that the increase in the flow of withdrawal requests has hindered our efforts on a technical level. To understand the issue thoroughly, the system needs to be in a static state.

In order for our team to resolve the withdrawal issue it is necessary for a temporarily pause on all withdrawal requests to obtain a clear technical view of the current processes.

We apologize for the sudden short notice. All bitcoin withdrawal requests will be on pause, and the withdrawals in the system will be returned to your MtGox wallet and can be reinitiated once the issue is resolved. The trading platform will perform as usual for the needs of our customers. 

Is it just me who noticed a certain inconsistency between the bolded statements?

Money is a hoax. Debt is slavery. Consumerism is toxic.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:26:43 PM

Dear MtGox Customers,

In our efforts to resolve the issue being encountered by various bitcoin withdrawals, it was determined that the increase in the flow of withdrawal requests has hindered our efforts on a technical level. To understand the issue thoroughly, the system needs to be in a static state.

In order for our team to resolve the withdrawal issue it is necessary for a temporarily pause on all withdrawal requests to obtain a clear technical view of the current processes.

We apologize for the sudden short notice. All bitcoin withdrawal requests will be on pause, and the withdrawals in the system will be returned to your MtGox wallet and can be reinitiated once the issue is resolved. The trading platform will perform as usual for the needs of our customers. 

Is it just me who noticed a certain inconsistency between the bolded statements?

Trading engine and Wallet angine are two seperated systems. So its not very surprising that one keeps running while the other is stopped.
jack0m
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:53:40 PM

Dear MtGox Customers,

Trading engine and Wallet angine are two seperated systems. So its not very surprising that one keeps running while the other is stopped.

I see, but my point is that any trade implies moving btc between different addresses, so the resulting system is far from static

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:56:55 PM

Dear MtGox Customers,

I see, but my point is that any trade implies moving btc between different addresses, so the resulting system is far from static

i dont think that any trade implies that btc are being moved between different addresses. its possible to have several addresses that for instance hold 1 BTC and to just declare different ownership of this particular address. so no coins moving just a database that keeps track.
Bitnicity

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:00:03 PM

Dear MtGox Customers,

no, you don't need to physically move btc between addresses when trading, it's just pure booking matter, what matter is to determine the btc number in each user's account, when deposit or withdrawal happen, just make appropriate adjustment; you don't even need "address" for each user when you keep you coins in an exchange.
jack0m
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:26:25 PM

Dear MtGox Customers,

no, you don't need to physically move btc between addresses when trading, it's just pure booking matter, what matter is to determine the btc number in each user's account, when deposit or withdrawal happen, just make appropriate adjustment; you don't even need "address" for each user when you keep you coins in an exchange.
well, I'm not willing to dig into the details of their architecture. So we must assume they also have separate systems for deposit and withdrawal. And the latter is the only one affected by the issue Sad

dafqok

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:31:01 PM

I have a 5 figure amount SEPA withdrawal pending since 17 January and will let you all know when I receive that money.
They are probably processing SEPA withdrawal of the first weeks of January now so I am expecting to have to wait 3 more weeks.
I'm in the same boat with a transaction confirmed on the 20th, similar amount. If they'd stick to their claim, processing is due on the Tuesday. If not, scam spilled over to SEPA. Where do EUR funds reside? Poland afair?
MtGox are very open about their SEPA delays and the reason for the delays.  Last time I heard they were processing SEPA withdrawals from January 1st.  If people have been as busy withdrawing via SEPA as via domestic JPY during the new year holidays, it will take about four days to process each day of SEPA withdrawals due to the daily limit (which has been confirmed by their bank).  We may not be further than to the 3rd at the end of next week.  I am hoping for better progress than that, of course.  I have one confirmed since January 4th myself.
I'm not trying to erode your confidence, hence your reasoning. But being _clear_ on the status of SEPA withdrawals sounds different to me than the answer to my inquiry of status and backlog I've received today:
Unfortunately we do not having this information at this moment and we would be able to provide a clear picture soon. Once again we apologize for the delay.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 06:03:01 PM

I'm not trying to erode your confidence, hence your reasoning. But being _clear_ on the status of SEPA withdrawals sounds different to me than the answer to my inquiry of status and backlog I've received today:
Unfortunately we do not having this information at this moment and we would be able to provide a clear picture soon. Once again we apologize for the delay.
It is Saturday.  The accounting people are not there.  Support don't have direct access to this information.  They ask their manager who ask the manager of the accounting team, like in most other companies with more than a few employees.  I've tried to ask Marion (manager of support) a few times last week on IRC, but my questions probably drowned in BTC withdrawal noise.  The fact that Japanese business hours coincide exactly with my sleeping hours doesn't help either.  She must ask accounting or Mark himself about this, and can't whey they are busy or after they went home.  The 20-day rule can complicate this even more, making it difficult even for accounting to give an exact date.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:22:45 PM

Anyone has information about the legal actions that can be taken against Gox for this inconvenience?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179586.msg4984192#msg4984192

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:35:07 PM

What's the confidence level they will resume withdrawals?

goxUSD has been valued about 0.87 when BTC withdrawals were working and fiat did not (15% premium in goxBTC price).
Now goxBTC is 0.95 compared to goxUSD and no withdrawals are working.

So, logically goxBTC should be trading at 0.87*0.95=0.83, which it indeed is (made trades at that price today).

So the probability that they resume withdrawals is much greater than 83%, because there is also the scenario that despite resuming, no realistic improvement has happened and essentially you cannot get everything out if you wished. And the scenario that it takes long before it works.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:36:54 PM

If you think that fat chance they will open anything on Monday, there are willing buyers for your coins here.

Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:42:03 PM

monday is going to be one hell of a day.
donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:09:04 PM

They will announce that they are working feverishly to fix the withdrawl bug for the next month before another excuse. They will probably be proven to be broke in another six months or so.
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:14:52 PM

They will announce that they are working feverishly to fix the withdrawl bug for the next month before another excuse. They will probably be proven to be broke in another six months or so.

[^^^ believes not, in magicks.]

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:26:24 PM

FBI seized most of the coins/money....
In that case it is on public record, and should be easy to prove.  So, do you have proof, or are you just another manipulator or useful idiot?
I guess your claims the other day that you couldn't prove makes you an idiot as well? Or just a shill?
Hi manipulator.  Where is your apology signed by your mother?

You miss completely, btw.  Read here for my definition of an useful idiot.

Aww sticks and stones. Thanks for the name "Manipulator". I'll take that as a compliment as it is probably a much bigger position than myself to be a real manipulator.

You mad bro?  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: