Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:21:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908415 times)
Hen0xyd

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:01:04 PM

Quote from: MagicalTux in #mtgox
04:05 <@MagicalTux> [12:05:05] <x> MagicalTux: would you consider a work around for manual bitcoin withdrawal if you can't get that consensus in a 'reasonable timeframe'   ie, the next week <- establishing a standard shouldn't take that long, but if indeed it takes longer we might just go on with the proposal we included in the announcement we did monday

Hmm, can anyone tell me which announcement [MtGox/MagicalTux] is refering to ? Cause I can't remember any date different from "once the issue outlined above has been properly addressed" issued in monday's announcement.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

04:05 <@MagicalTux> [12:05:05] <x> MagicalTux: would you consider a work around for manual bitcoin withdrawal if you can't get that consensus in a 'reasonable timeframe'   ie, the next week <- establishing a standard shouldn't take that long, but if indeed it takes longer we might just go on with the proposal we included in the announcement we did monday

Hmm, can anyone tell me which announcement [MtGox/MagicalTux] is refering to ? Cause I can't remember any date different from "once the issue outlined above has been properly addressed" issued in monday's announcement.

Mark stated that they have a fix what can be implement fast, however they want to have okey from bitcoin core devs.
Above tux statemant refer that if that does not happen or need a longer time they will implement it anyway.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:15:28 PM

Have you got back your btc credited back from bitstamp.
No.

You complain because they marked it as finished. Tell me how mtgox marked all those stuck transaction?
MtGox always gave me a txid which I could track, and after 2 hours I got to see all the details of the stuck transaction.

Any different?
Yes, absolutely.  A trackable txid beats "Finished".

transaction were in limbo for weeks and none could trade with it! Furher, how long you waited for mtgox to credit back your btc?
Not long, because I didn't withdraw any until people started selling BTC on MtGox at a discount.  Other people with some exceptions, waited up to a week.

Beside, your explanation of wrong address what mtgox had a while ago what you interupt as empty wallet happened only once, while you want to convice others how there was many other ways to withdraw funds out of mtgox faster. What are other ways what worked for you except that mentioned above?
Not sure.  Please quote or add more context.

I only see you complaining not having btc back from bitstamp nobody else.
Probably because you are reading the MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] thread, not one of the Bitstamp threads.  There are a lot of complaints on IRC and Reddit as well.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:17:01 PM

What they probably need to do:

1. Organise their wallets in such a way that they mark the coinbase coins, and mark the incoming unconfirmed transactions.

2. Make sure all their transactions are legal, are taken from outputs that are old enough, and have the right fee.

3. Make sure that all transactions are properly identified for later use in the system.

4. Scan through all accounts and make sure that they all have the right amount of coins. Mark those who have wrong amount of coins due to erroneously manual resending of withdrawals.

5. Answer the question "Are we solvent"

6. Reintroduce bitcoin redrawals for the unmarked accounts and start to manually check the rest.

7. Sum up the loss for negative amounts where the customer is not willing to pay back.

8. Fix the fiat redrawals.

9. Be more open on the state of the system, the various queues, how many coins redrawn in total per day and fiat per day and so on.

Seems to be a lot of work.

alfabitcoin

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:34:41 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 04:41:39 PM by alfabitcoin

@sturle
I have read bitstamp thread and there is only you complaining of not geting btc back credited. Otherwise users would make a new thread what were similar to thousands of stuck transactions what mtgox had.

Bitstamp only has two reports for btc withdraw: pending and finished. Those with finished will have their btc back. However, due recent events they go trough scrutiny to avoid ripoff attempt. What is a smart move on their part, i wish mtgox were smarter reagarding this,so  there is no difference how both exchange give status of the withdraw,however mtgox had thousands stuck transactions and continue to allow it for more then 20 days. You really can not compare bitstamp and mtgox how they handle things not to mention huge backlog in support what mtgox has vs bitstamp.
On bitstamp account history there is enough information to find out is your transaction in blockchain or not. So not really a difference in my opinion.
Other then that iam aware of topic in this thread but you complain about bitstamp here as well anywhere you can whatbseem to be biased towards mtgox.
I think i was clear about other questions and dont know what context to add it. So i will consider it as you do not want to answer ( at this time).

Edit
Finally, i do not accuse you of being mtgox shill or to have insider information. I see you on irc and read yourbpost in other threads.
I just think that is wrong to be so supportive of mtgox and never complain, but you do to other exchange which are working just fine and fix their issues promp manner.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:56:43 PM

the quote is 1: 1,3  for bitstamp being faster to reenable withdrawls...

but as the bitcoin market sucks badly as always, my bet is on the Goxxies Cheesy
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 04:35:57 PM

Any educated guess on when Gox will allow withdraw of BTCs again (assuming it will happen)?

are we talking about days, weeks or months?
I don't like making guesses, so I'll let you all interpret this for yourselves:

04:05 <@MagicalTux> [12:05:05] <x> MagicalTux: would you consider a work around for manual bitcoin withdrawal if you can't get that consensus in a 'reasonable timeframe'   ie, the next week <- establishing a standard shouldn't take that long, but if indeed it takes longer we might just go on with the proposal we included in the announcement we did monday

Other news which may influence how you plan your BTC purchases when the BTC withdrawal floodgates open:
Quote from: SarahCoinBit in #mtgox
11:57 <@SarahCoinBit> Diabolicus_Work I've had more requests to cancel fiat withdrawals in the last two days than i have in the last two months
I.e: The amount of fiat on MtGox is increasing rapidly.

Think about this for a moment: If I made up a fake quote here where MagicalTux allegedly told me in private that MtGox would resume BTC withdrawals tomorrow morning, I could make a million by buying buckets of BTC on MtGox just before I posted it, and selling as soon as people start denouncing it as a fake.  Just by abusing your trust in me.  It will probably only work once, but that is all I need.  I can retire afterwards.  Always beware of market manipulation.  And note that my quotes above, which are correct, may be carefully selected and placed in a different context to manipulate the market.  Always be very critical to news and reports when you don't have the full story first hand, and take speculation for what it is: 100% made up, often for the purpose of manipulating the market.
Reality check: You are overestimating the influence of this forum/thread on the market. If you made up a fake quote by MagicalTux most people would look for an official/more reliable confirmation, and in the meanwhile the price wouldn't do shit.
Possibly.  Did you notice the $50 price increase on MtGox which was ignited minutes after I posted my two selected quotes above?  The rally started on MtGox, and the reaction on other exchanges were limited.  Could be a coincidence of course.  In this case my quotes were easy to verify (but if this caused the price increase, the reaction was so fast I doubt the first buyers did).  A private conversation is impossible to verify, of course, and the official sources would be silent.  (As usual.)

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
whave

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:51:56 PM

Soooooooo, now that the actual vulnerability of BTC has been confirmed, exploited, and every major exchange has been attacked and some of them even closed withdrawals... where are the local EXPERTS who actually KNOW mtgox is lying, they be runnin wifya moniez, etcetc? What are your current conspiracy theories which you don't have any facts for?
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:54:50 PM

Soooooooo, now that the actual vulnerability of BTC has been confirmed, exploited, and every major exchange has been attacked and some of them even closed withdrawals... where are the local EXPERTS who actually KNOW mtgox is lying, they be runnin wifya moniez, etcetc? What are your current conspiracy theories which you don't have any facts for?

I think you will find the only exchanges who have failed this week are the ones who don't do their accounting properly.
there are exchanges which have been unaffected.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 04:55:42 PM

Bitstamp only has two reports for btc withdraw: pending and finished. Those with finished will have their btc back. However, due recent events they go trough scrutiny to avoid ripoff attempt. What is a smart move on their part, i wish mtgox were smarter reagarding this
Bitstamp is standing on the shoulders of giants, to misquote Newton.  They know (now) they have to be careful to not fall into the same trap as another well known exchange.  Wink

so there is no difference how both exchange give status of the withdraw,however mtgox had thousands stuck transactions and continue to allow it for more then 20 days. You really can not compare bitstamp and mtgox how they handle things not to mention huge backlog in support what mtgox has vs bitstamp.
Again: Bitstamp got a solid warning ahead of their problems.  I am a little surprised by the fact that they didn't disable withdrawals at once, but let it go on for hours and hours before doing something about it.  The situation at MtGox was very different.  In the beginning only a few withdrawals were affected, and most of the stuck transactions got successfully double spent and reissued after a while.  And noone knew what was happening.  Not even the core developers noticed what was going on, until phantomcircuit managed to get a tweaked raw transaction through and warned MtGox about it.

I got an answer from Bitstamp support after a little more than 24 hours, btw.  They quoted the news release.  That's it.  Nothing specific about my BTC.

On bitstamp account history there is enough information to find out is your transaction in blockchain or not. So not really a difference in my opinion.
Where?  I can only find a timestamp and an amount.  I can't find any transactions based on that alone.

I think i was clear about other questions and dont know what context to add it. So i will consider it as you do not want to answer ( at this time).
You could e.g. specify if you asked about BTC or fiat withdrawals.

zyk

Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:55:56 PM

of course its criminal not halting the exchanges, if they are not able to fullfill their purpose anymore !

the income - stream of fees and insider trader has to be cut off until the service is fully fixed !

problem is that there isn´t even a fax - number available to start a legal ToS fullfillment request and enforcement...

or does anybody know where to look it up ?

donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:23:19 PM

of course its criminal not halting the exchanges, if they are not able to fullfill their purpose anymore !

the income - stream of fees and insider trader has to be cut off until the service is fully fixed !

problem is that there isn´t even a fax - number available to start a legal ToS fullfillment request and enforcement...

the above is why gox is a criminal, allowing manipulation of the market for its benefit and at the detriment of customers. The customers who are not able to withdraw are being caabalilzed by those that can meanwhile gox still posting its fees a complete abomination with no one to stop them gox can pillage and rob at will and is doing just that.
alfabitcoin

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:35:35 PM

Sturle, there is a reason why mtgox was first in the attack, they did not have thir custom wallet updated and had 2 system bugs.
Gox basicaly had a attack/exploit invite! Other exchange was not attacked and of course with recent ddos attack they will make sure to fix eventual issues.
Gox with publishing maneabillity made things worst as now other people with bad itention whatever that might be, and who was not behind gox attack know about it, and do all recent and current attacks to whole bitcoin comunity.
TalkingBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:45:36 PM

Are they processing SEPA at all? What's the latest someone got their SEPA?
Why is it that with all these bragged canceled fiat withdrawals i'm still waiting for my SEPA from Jan 8? Going into 6th week now  Angry
mitus-2

Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:59:56 PM

Are they processing SEPA at all? What's the latest someone got their SEPA?
Why is it that with all these bragged canceled fiat withdrawals i'm still waiting for my SEPA from Jan 8? Going into 6th week now  Angry

cancel withdrawal to buy cheap BTC to sell in another market.
Anyway....i would also like to know the last processed SEPA
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:01:28 PM

Metatreder4 live trading on BTC-e not working, of monday 10.feb.2014 year

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
alfabitcoin

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:16:16 PM

@ igorr
Not related to mtgox, take it to appropiate thread.

I heard today on irc by delirium that sepa now take 4 weeks, although some report 6 weeks waiting time and counting.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:19:44 PM

@ igorr
Not related to mtgox, take it to appropiate thread.

I heard today on irc by delirium that sepa now take 4 weeks, although some report 6 weeks waiting time and counting.

yes, you're right, but I think this is a global problem for all exchanges.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:49:39 PM

Fax!?  The year is 2014 now, not 1994.

MtGox has e-mail and snailmail addresses published on their website.  I don't think Bitstamp or BTC-E have published a fax number either.  You are going to sue them as well, right?  None of them have suspended trading after halting bitcoin withdrawals.

Quote from: MtGox ToS
due to the inherent nature of the Bitcoin network, Buyers acknowledge and agree that withdrawing, depositing or otherwise receiving Bitcoins into their account may take between one (1) hour and twenty-four (24) hours, barring unforeseen or unavoidable network issues

They will probably claim this is an unforeseen network issue.  I don't see any mention in their ToS allowing them to shut down trading when bitcoin or bank transfers are impossible.  Perhaps you can guide me to it?

sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 06:52:05 PM

6 weeks?  Where?  I am waiting for one from January 4th myself, which is 4-5 weeks ago.  Hope to have it this week, but not sure.

Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: