Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:22:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used by ordinary citizens?  (Read 43522 times)
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:59:50 PM

The answer is no, at least not yet.

First of all, mining is not for everyone. Just few people can afford to mine Bitcoin and this is a discrimination factor.
Then, current high fees make Bitcoin not convenient for micro-payments, which could interest most "ordinary" citizens.

As a technology, well, it is not so easy for "average Joe" or old grandmas, but it is neither so difficult. Just like any other new technology, sooner or later, the most of society will be able to understand it and use it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aztek

Activity: 423

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:07:12 PM

People with interest with bitcoin can learn how to use it, this will depend on how would be the popularity of bitcoin will go on. Not only those who are computer savvy have the chance to use bitcoin because it is not complicated as what people are thinking. There is a guide for anyone to follow if they like to try it, once they read and try it, it would be very easy for them to use it, to tell you, I'm not computer savvy but I learn to use it easily.
I agree that if you are interested to something even if you are an ordinary citizen you can do amazing thing if you will just want to do it. We all know that bitcoin is a currency that is powered by the internet or technology and tehcnology and internet is widely spread all over the globe it means that all thing that we usually used is aligned through the technology. So it may not be hard for other people or what you so called ordinary citizen to reach and to used bitcoin.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:08:52 PM

Bitcoin is usually used by people interested in technology. I mean, persons with a certain technical knowledge are interested in bitcoin.

My observations are that way. I think Bitcoin needs to reach larger quantities. Can use bitcoin in people who are not interested in technology?
Can people use the bitcoin in the profession group like tradesmen, teachers, housewives, firemen, butchers? Are we going to see the days that these people use bitcoin?

Of course! There will be a point in time where these people will use Bitcoin.

The usage of Bitcoin does not require the full knowledge about it. Even if you do not know the technical stuffs about bitcoin, you can use it. Technology is becoming more normal nowadays, it is becoming a part of our daily lives. So someday bitcoin will also be part of our daily lives.
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:47:11 PM

Bitcoin is usually used by people interested in technology. I mean, persons with a certain technical knowledge are interested in bitcoin.

My observations are that way. I think Bitcoin needs to reach larger quantities. Can use bitcoin in people who are not interested in technology?
Can people use the bitcoin in the profession group like tradesmen, teachers, housewives, firemen, butchers? Are we going to see the days that these people use bitcoin?

Bitcoin will definitely be used by these people. Bitcoin does not require its user to know the technical stuffs inside bitcoin technology. The main knowledge they must know is how to receive and how to send Bitcoin. That should be it and then they shall be able to use Bitcoin. No technical stuffs needed. We just have to wait when Bitcoin dominates many more countries and we shall see those days. Wink

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:13:53 AM

Yes they can. It does not mean that there professions do not focus on computers or technology, they don't fit in bitcoin. Now a days, almost all people knows how to use computers, knows how to surf especially facebook, and all people knows how to read. By reading informations in computers or in bitcoin for sure they will understand it so they will be able to do bitcoin. Today, no one knows if one of those profession like tradesmen, teachers, housewives, firemen, butchers already post in this topic.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:18:54 AM

Bitcoin will definitely be used by these people. Bitcoin does not require its user to know the technical stuffs inside bitcoin technology. The main knowledge they must know is how to receive and how to send Bitcoin. That should be it and then they shall be able to use Bitcoin. No technical stuffs needed. We just have to wait when Bitcoin dominates many more countries and we shall see those days. Wink

If the person can able to access banking application and Netbanking means sure they can use the bitcoin wallet easily. Technical stuffs are also little to such as private key, authentication options and some other things. Process started from Japan now, hope we will see the bitcoin in some years working on the all countries as a legal one.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:39:59 AM

If the person can able to access banking application and Netbanking means sure they can use the bitcoin wallet easily. Technical stuffs are also little to such as private key, authentication options and some other things. Process started from Japan now, hope we will see the bitcoin in some years working on the all countries as a legal one.
Well obviously you all have points about it, but what is the purpose of non technologically inclined persons of using Bitcoin if they are really what you called not inclined to technology, what will they buy with their new found currency? What is the use of it? If Fiat Currency is the sure and simple way to transact with all of them. Sure ordinary people can use it but will it be in any importance to them? I don't think so because they will see it as the saying goes if its not broken don't fix it.
NJB18

Activity: 663

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:08:14 AM

Yes, definitely but there is still a lot that needs to be done. The awareness of bitcoin has already been reaching countries but most of those who have enough knowledge of it are, as you have said, those "people interested in technology." These same people should raise awareness of bitcoin within their localities especially among the mentioned professions, spread the advantages of using it, and eventually encourage them to try.

However, the great barrier here is that in most underdeveloped countries where many of the citizens are not just far behind but also perceives latest technological updates as some sort of complications in life, they might just opt to the usual and traditional way of payment. It is where they are comfortable at.

But of course the time will surely come when modernity will conquer this entire planet. Perhaps at that time everyone will be using bitcoin.  Cheesy

BitZardoz

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:31:17 AM

Knowing the "mechanics" needed to buy and sell Bitcoin is not enough, we are talking money here. I know  how to buy (via blockchain.info) and send to whoever sends me one of those 30 character key to receive it. So far so good if it was an eMail account for instance (no risk of loosing money), I can send and receive eMail happily without knowing the internet technology behind (Http,Tcp/ip, packet..) I just need to know how to register, choose a password and login.  
I can´t find anywhere in the www a good tutorial (English or Spanish) to make me clear what is the diffence between a "Wallet address" and a "Bitcoin address" (not how to use them, I insist)  
I find it astonishing how many people are trading in the net wihout a basic tech knowlege.

Of course I am a heavy user of on line banking (money) with little knowlege of the H/W and S/W that makes this magic possible, let alone the corporate and goverment policies and  potentiality to meddle with it.
This is different thow (may be shoudent be?) these bussiness are long, time and massive use proven, its use has extended so wide and deep that our society depends on it, so we must trust.
This is not yet the case for any blockchain applications and as long as the general public is not educated, we will continue in this Catch-22 situation: No tech knowlege-no trust-no massive use-no knowlege..
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:38:08 AM

Bitcoin was created for everyone's use. All people from all walks of life have the right to know and use bitcoin in their daily life. Now the most important is the socialization and introduction of bitcoin wider, there are still many people who do not know bitcoin. So this is the limit, but when everyone has known bitcoin then I am sure they will use it. introduce bitcoin let as many people know it !!
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:43:50 AM

It doesn't make any sense..
People are always same, is there any tool to measure by the people..?. social status.? Money? Education? Religion? Or what...?? .in the virtual world there is no standard to justify people whether ordinary or elite. So I don't think that it is harmful for Bitcoin. It should be considered that whether it is using properly or not..
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:02:42 AM

in the virtual world, you can't identify the people whether the ordinary or elite, so how you can tell that bitcoin is using by the ordinary people. curious mind wants to know that, what is the definition of ordinary people..? if any person is able to operate the internet then how could you tell them as an ordinary person..?
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:13:06 AM

Bitcoin was created for everyone's use. All people from all walks of life have the right to know and use bitcoin in their daily life. Now the most important is the socialization and introduction of bitcoin wider, there are still many people who do not know bitcoin. So this is the limit, but when everyone has known bitcoin then I am sure they will use it. introduce bitcoin let as many people know it !!
I agree.Bitcoin is designed for everyone.Its potential and capabilities will surely help us to make progress in our lives.So whatever class you belong,either high or low class,there's no exemption to bitcoin as long as you know how to manipulate your computer with its internet connection to enable bitcoin transaction be possible.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:28:57 AM

Bitcoin is used by ordinary people especially when they interested in technology. Because if they interested they could create bitcoin and if they have an internet it access and if they are knowledge to know use an internet. Bitcoin used by citizen because every people wants an extra income and easy to earn. Because bitcoin is no limit and everyone welcome in bitcoin as long as they an internet access. The reason why citizen wants to use bitcoin because it easiest and fastest way to earn and in all transaction. I think the ordinary citizen is more in bitcoin and ordinary citizen wants to invest in bitcoin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:06:10 PM

16 pages and meanwhile I use it everyday to buy stuff.   Roll Eyes

It is the only money I use online. Of course it IS used by ordinary people all over the world every second of every day.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:13:51 PM

in the virtual world, you can't identify the people whether the ordinary or elite, so how you can tell that bitcoin is using by the ordinary people. curious mind wants to know that, what is the definition of ordinary people..? if any person is able to operate the internet then how could you tell them as an ordinary person..?
I think the op is talking about the people around him. For me maybe the users who understand the internet would be quite easy to accept and know bitcoin. While people who are new to technology and away from computer facilities it will be quite difficult to apply bitcoin in real life. I think everyone can use bitcoin, provided they have a passion for wanting to change and accept bitcoin as a much better financial revolution.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:15:29 PM

yes the day of cashless transaction had already started to dominate the world and along with the same cyber war had started and hacker and bad guys had started to exploit the security loopholes so in due course of time bitcoin would prove a better technology for cashless transaction because its technology is highly secure and there is very little or no chance that hacker and bad guys could hack and get access to other account and steal others bitcoin unless he/ she knows the private and public key for a particular account.
So in my view I would say that use of bitcoin is not limited to any person or any particular group of society and bitcoin could be use by all people throughout the world. from tradesmen, teacher, housewife, fireman, butcher everyone could use it but the main obstacles the will prove bitcoin worse is its transaction fees high is getting larger and larger day by day due to big players we common man also have to pay a high amount of transaction fees and thus it fails to meet our requirements in this regard otherwise any non technical guy who want to use bitcoin could use it provided that he could afford to pay the transaction fees.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:18:18 PM

Of course! If bitcoin couldnt be used by ordinary layman citizens then bitcoin will fail. That's why we have simple wallets like the wallet of blockchain.info, xapo, copay, breadwallet, and alot more. Ordinary people don't need to understand the insides of bitcoin to use it. Just like the internet or the world wide web, most people don't understand the internals of it, but most people still can use it. it should be the same for bitcoin.

But probably not as of now, since transaction fees are too high.  Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:21:28 PM

Yes, definitely. I am one of the 'ordinary citizen' as described, I started of knowing Bitcoin just as a currency, yet not knowing how it works. Then I started earning some Bitcoin from faucets and gained interest from it, and started to learn more about it. This made me interested, and even though it took me very long to understand how Bitcoin works (still learning), it can be learned, by anyone who is willing to.

I learnt more about Bitcoin by watching videos that describe them, and I found those from 99Bitcoins very useful, and I recommend those who still not know to start from videos, they are more helpful than plain and dry texts. Cheesy

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
erikmatik

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:59:53 PM

For sure, because we are once part of the ordinary citizens who previously don't even know what bitcoin is. Everything can be learned if not in whole, even just knowing those little capabilities of using bitcoins and wallets like using them for payment as what is common practice by bitcoiners. Education is must for efficient application of bitcoins as "another currency". Just a proper introduction and continuous usage of the accumulated knowledge on bitcoin can make a difference.

DITCOIN ▬◉▬ Business Driven CryptoCurrency ▬◉▬ DITCOIN
Unique Approach▬◉◉◉▬Untraceable Coin
▬▬▬▬▬  DTC web / Mobile Wallets DTC cards  ▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: