Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:57:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used by ordinary citizens?  (Read 43523 times)
h3nchm19

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:26:56 PM

Current users are not like they used to be with the beginning of the forum, when everyone was capable of discussing the pure technical details related to bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, Currently discussion are more "broad" and "normal" hence I think majority of people here are "ordinary citizens" or people with no extensive technical experience.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:40:37 PM

I think biggest concern for average  is hackers. Yes, they can learn to use bitcoin and it's quite easy but keeping your bitcoin protected is not as easy unless you keep it offline. Average individuals who are not tech savvy have hard time. Not to mention MSM constantly smearing bitcoin as some kind of deep web currency doesn't help either. They never tell you other beneficial part of bitcoin.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:42:18 PM

Current users are not like they used to be with the beginning of the forum, when everyone was capable of discussing the pure technical details related to bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, Currently discussion are more "broad" and "normal" hence I think majority of people here are "ordinary citizens" or people with no extensive technical experience.

Then it seems that you are a high rank member of the forum disguising yourself as a Jr. Member. I think there is nothing wrong with the "ordinary citizen" being here, maybe they just want to be in with the digital currencies, know more about them and what can it do in the future. You can't help "ordinary people" like me, to enter such forums, it is a forum

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:06:42 PM

Of course they can. I even consider myself a ordinary citizen.
It doesn't really matter i think. What's important is they need to have interest in bitcoin, and want to learn about it.
And now, by bitcoin being legalized in some country, i bet there'll be more citizens who're curious about bitcoin, and maybe start using them as well.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:23:35 PM

Bitcoin is usually used by people interested in technology. I mean, persons with a certain technical knowledge are interested in bitcoin.

My observations are that way. I think Bitcoin needs to reach larger quantities. Can use bitcoin in people who are not interested in technology?
Can people use the bitcoin in the profession group like tradesmen, teachers, housewives, firemen, butchers? Are we going to see the days that these people use bitcoin?
I think it can be used by regular people in the near future. And I think it already is the case. Regular people are getting excited to get started with bitcoin since it's such a good investment opportunity. Or they just want to buy something that's only available when paying with bitcoin.
There is no one policy or law in the bitcoin world that saying ordinary citizen can't use bitcoin. All of the people can use bitciin but before they enter to the cryptocurrency world they must have a information about the bitcoin.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:31:25 PM

Of course ordinary citizens can use bitcoins. But, the catch is that, they will not be able to use it properly unless they have atleast some knowledge about cryptography and security. A lot of terms used in the community will leave them confused. But, the thing is that anyone can learn something if it is an interest or a necessity. Just look at computers Cheesy

Yes its true. Anyone can use bitcoin as long as their  interest is into it. We can't force someone when he dont want to do things that he dont really wanted. It needs individual initiative and yeah everything and anything is in the internet. Just one click and the info is in your face. Everybody's awareness is a thing to this.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:53:27 PM

We can talk about it on televisions and radio. we can write books to teach people the importance of bitcoins and simple ways to understand the usage of bitcoins. but remember bitcoin is fixed and limited and the higher the demand the more scarce it gets. we need to bring bitcoin and altcoins to serve the same function with this fiat currency which promote theft will be reduced and well managed
I don't know if your post relates to the OP's but reading it I figured that you did not read the OP.
Bitcoin is usually used by people interested in technology. I mean, persons with a certain technical knowledge are interested in bitcoin.

My observations are that way. I think Bitcoin needs to reach larger quantities. Can use bitcoin in people who are not interested in technology?
Can people use the bitcoin in the profession group like tradesmen, teachers, housewives, firemen, butchers? Are we going to see the days that these people use bitcoin?
Not all people with technical knowledge will know about bitcoin and use it. There are also many people who are knowledgeable in financial things and I'm sure that they will know about bitcoin. And yes, of course, people with the said professions can also use bitcoin if they want because it is easy to use and it is for everybody interested.
SPedigrees

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 03:36:34 PM

I am a retired senior with very poor mathematical skills, so if I could learn to use bitcoin, anyone can.

The basic two fundamentals are (in this order):

Get a secure bitcoin wallet.  (Don't store your coins in an online wallet on an exchange.)

Buy bitcoin on an exchange and immediately transfer your bitcoin to your wallet (that you control).

Thereafter guard your private keys, or seed words, like a vigilant security guard.  There are a lot of good how-to videos on youtube that can be quite helpful.  Also if someone you know is a bitcoin owner/user they can help you to learn.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 03:40:54 PM

I am a retired senior with very poor mathematical skills, so if I could learn to use bitcoin, anyone can.

The basic two fundamentals are (in this order):

Get a secure bitcoin wallet.  (Don't store your coins in an online wallet on an exchange.)

Buy bitcoin on an exchange and immediately transfer your bitcoin to your wallet (that you control).

Thereafter guard your private keys, or seed words, like a vigilant security guard.  There are a lot of good how-to videos on youtube that can be quite helpful.  Also if someone you know is a bitcoin owner/user they can help you to learn.
I am really glad to see this post. After your post I think OP must have got his answer. You need not to be technically perfect to use bitcoin unless you want to mine it. All what is needed is to have a wallet and knowledge to use exchanges. That is it.
rafajunior99

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 05:09:12 PM

I think everyone can use Bitcoin, from the beginning until now Bitcoin has no prohibition on usage, anyone can use Bitcoin, especially if they have good knowledge about Bitcoin it will make it easier for them To get Bitcoin.
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:18:13 PM

I think none of us is considering ourselves as some elite person just because we know how to use bitcoins. Bitcoin is so intuitive. Bitcoin is so user friendly, although not the technical part. We don't have that much difference to non bitcoin people. The only difference is that we took the time to learn how to use bitcoins. It's really easy and there's a million of articles out there on how to start with bitcoins. So many of them that you don't know which one's the best.

Bitcoin can be used by ordinary citizens as we are all ordinary citizens. I think if I try to teach bitcoin to my dad, he will learn how to use it in just a matter of hours. Nothing is hard to understand until you touch the political part of bitcoins where they debate about SegWit, UASF, and whatnot.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:31:16 PM

It depends on what you mean by ordinary citizens, its all about skills and interest
Agreed, based on the interest of particular person towards cryptocurrency he can start using. Because this has been developed as an technology for all the levels of people. Not to a specific functional groups or something like that.
Em00n01

Activity: 737
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:44:34 PM

Yes, of course. But there are many people who doesn't know what is Bitcoin. First of all,  we  have to understand  people about bitcoin. Then they will be interested in using it.

████████████           CYBERTRADE          || |   |    |     MMO RPG FUTURISTIC          ████████████
||     Twitter     ||||   Telegram   ||||     TikTok     ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:08:45 PM

Yes, of course. But there are many people who doesn't know what is Bitcoin. First of all,  we  have to understand  people about bitcoin. Then they will be interested in using it.
Everyone who got interested in bitcoin can start using it even though they had a little knowledge about bitcoin. They can learn by doing and that's the best and fast way to familiar with something new. I started to use it when I still had a little knowledge about bitcoin and after some times my knowledge has been grown. So, everyone can start using bitcoin no matter who they are.

BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:59:26 PM

It doesn't really matter i think. What's important is they need to have interest in bitcoin, and want to learn about it.
And now, by bitcoin being legalized in some country, i bet there'll be more citizens who're curious about bitcoin, and maybe start using them as well.
yes in fact bitcoin is not created for a group of people but it is created as general online currency, and everyone has the right to use it, and i think now the ordinary people have already started bitcoin to be use for online purposes, while in some places, like Brazil and some other places they are even using it for shopping in offline shops also. in my areas still we are hopping that very soon the shopkeepers will start using bitcoin.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:01:01 PM

yes in fact bitcoin is not created for a group of people but it is created as general online currency, and everyone has the right to use it, and i think now the ordinary people have already started bitcoin to be use for online purposes, while in some places, like Brazil and some other places they are even using it for shopping in offline shops also. in my areas still we are hopping that very soon the shopkeepers will start using bitcoin.
yes bitcoin is for everyone ether he is special or ordinary person, everyone has the right to use it just like fiat currency as there is no restriction on fiat currency to use, so bitcoin is also a currency and everyone has the right to use it.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Despacito

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:22:20 PM

My personal answer is that bitcoin can't be used by ordinary citizens because it's way too expensive and this makes ordinary citizens not to buy or use bitcoin. It became like a luxury product clearly.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:01:46 AM

In theory bitcoin can be used by anyone and bitcoin is not an exception, but the issue with bitcoin is not going to be ease of use, the real issue is how to teach people to be responsible with their money management, they are so used to have chargebacks, that I’m sure many coins are going to be stolen by hackers and then people are going ask for chargebacks to be allowed on bitcoin, something that is not going to happen.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:09:01 AM

Just like what other and what other threads with the same content as this yes bitcoins has no limitations in what the users must be in order to use it,its free so anyone can access it and learn

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:26:41 AM

Most ordinary citizens know how to use the internet and operate a computer/mobile device so yeah, Bitcoin can be and is used by ordinary citizens. One doesn't need to know and understand all the technical aspects of bitcoin in order to utilize it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: