Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:48:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623954 times)
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:58:20 AM

Yeah, I saw that idea too but don't like it.
It will not be handy to add chips to a board later.
I also don't expect many people to go that route.
I also ordered(500 chips) based on 10/20 per board, so will have some left if I would choose 32 chip boards.
I would choose 15x32, 1x16 and I already know what to do with the 4 remaining ones ;-)

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
funkmunk30

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:49:46 PM

There must be a reason why Avalon created 8 chip boards and Klondike is going for 16 and 64.

ok, either I cant count, or we are looking at different pictures/schematics but it looked like there were 10 chips, on 8 boards, making one module. 
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:31:32 PM

There must be a reason why Avalon created 8 chip boards and Klondike is going for 16 and 64.

ok, either I cant count, or we are looking at different pictures/schematics but it looked like there were 10 chips, on 8 boards, making one module. 
You can count and I can't ;-)

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:59:23 AM

Can we know results of arranged meeting with user Testsieger for your ID verification?
Can Testsieger confirm that happened?

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
bit_wizard

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:50:28 PM

https://github.com/BitSyncom/avalon-ref

Updated.
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:07:13 PM

Can we know results of arranged meeting with user Testsieger for your ID verification?

Seriously he'd designing a whole board, has detailed technical knowledge of the workings and is posting renders of the gerbers he's not gonna be a scam. If it was your money would be gone already. Seems some people have no intuition.

Roll Eyes  Huh
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 05:36:46 PM

testsieger told me the visit will happen tomorrow...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
lenny_
Legendary

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 06:40:15 PM

Seriously he'd designing a whole board, has detailed technical knowledge of the workings and is posting renders of the gerbers he's not gonna be a scam. If it was your money would be gone already. Seems some people have no intuition.

Roll Eyes  Huh

Intuition? You got to be joking. This is business. There was a scheduled meeting and I am asking for results, that's all :-)

tom_o

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:57:53 PM

Roll Eyes  Huh

Intuition? You got to be joking. This is business. There was a scheduled meeting and I am asking for results, that's all :-)

Fair enough but I will eat my [proverbial] hat if this doesn't turn out legit Tongue
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:29:03 AM

Why not put up a bet...

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:27:33 PM

Guys, just a query that was raised on another thread concerning the EU WEEE directive. It affects all manufactured and imported electrical goods in the EU (where Burnin' is located.) Someone asked whether it concerns component parts, and I dug this up;

Q. Are component parts of electrical equipment considered to be EEE?

A. Components cover the range of discrete items that form part of a finished product and thus enable it to work properly, for example transistors, capacitors, diodes or internal wiring. Sub-assemblies are packages of components assembled into discrete units, such as display panels or populated circuit boards. Components and sub-assemblies supplied for further manufacture or assembly are not finished products and are therefore not considered to be EEE in their own right.

So the chips are fine, and say Burnin's empty pcb boards, but not 100% on if Burnin's completed boards are. I guess though without a power supply they come under 'populated sub-assembly's' and may be ok...?

Technically do they require any 'further manufacture', and do you reckon buying a PSU comes under further manufacture? Because if not, you may have a problem...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:59:24 PM

Guys, just a query that was raised on another thread concerning the EU WEEE directive. It affects all manufactured and imported electrical goods in the EU (where Burnin' is located.) Someone asked whether it concerns component parts, and I dug this up;

A. Components cover the range of discrete items that form part of a finished product and thus enable it to work properly, for example transistors, capacitors, diodes or internal wiring. Sub-assemblies are packages of components assembled into discrete units, such as display panels or populated circuit boards. Components and sub-assemblies supplied for further manufacture or assembly are not finished products and are therefore not considered to be EEE in their own right.

So the chips are fine, and say Burnin's empty pcb boards, but not 100% on if Burnin's completed boards are. I guess though without a power supply they come under 'populated sub-assembly's' and may be ok...?

Technically do they require any 'further manufacture', and do you reckon buying a PSU comes under further manufacture? Because if not, you may have a problem...

AS you can earlier, bur in is already planning to register for Weee certification.
tom_o

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:00:48 PM

Further manufacture would include casing it, but not plugging in a power supply.

So if these are sold as a DIY 'sub assembly', add your own case etc it should be fine.  Maybe ask a company like sparkfun and the like who sell kits and populated boards.
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:58:37 AM

If he does what BKKcoins does he might be able to ignore that fact and populate the boards from 1 up 10 or on the bigger board 1 up to 20. Seems like BKKcoins is going to make his so that you can add chips to the board later and the firmware will resolve how many chips there are on the board. Thus you can buy chips next time no need to scramble just yet.

https://109.201.133.65/index.php?topic=190731.msg2144489#msg2144489

I'll stick with my 10/20 chip models for now.
It complicates things (especially in conjuction with the CANbus).

Finally info on the chip interconnects!
I have to do some slight adjustments to my design because its not entirely as i had anticipated.

The meeting took place today, he looked at my design and we exchanged details, have to wait for him to chime in here.

Overall Project status:
Hardware:
Schematic - done
PCB Design - in progress
Firmware:
USB host interface - testing (yes, cgminer thinks the pic32 is an Avalon)
CAN - in progress
Chip interface - in progress
Defkin

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:59:57 AM

I would like the option to water cool, mainly to cut down on noise and heat inside the room.
I have come up with a very simple DIY system that should be bullet proof and easy for anyone to make.
However to make it possible the board layout would need to conform to some standard sizes.

The system I propose is an aluminum rectangle tube capped at both ends with a hose fitting welded at each end.
The boards to be held in place with 2 x square u bolts. The welded hose fittings and capping can be done by your local welder.

Most places stock the tube in 6 meter lengths so if boards are say 150 wide you could fit 40 boards on the one heat sink (prob not practical to do that long).  As you can have the tube any length it will be flexible solution.

I guess the feasibility of this idea depends on if on if burnin is willing to have a predetermined distance and size of mounting holes to suit a standard tube/u bolt configuration.

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:35:39 AM

I love you water cooling idea Defkin.
chr0me

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:49:49 AM

Would you make bigger boards later on after most work has been done for those that have ordered loads of chips?

- I do translations! PM me if interested -
19sfw2W3dAFrzerkxLS26aL4HuYGpN1LNP
bit_wizard

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:10:41 PM

I for one would like to see overclocking abilities as a feature, and have water cooling as an option with these boards.
lenny_
Legendary

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 03:43:28 PM

And I personally don't need any overclocking features or water cooling. If you need water cooling, do it yourself.
Working and hashing nicely unit with air cooling is enough for me, let's Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS).

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:49:03 PM

For water cooling to be truly effective wouldn't this also need a case?  

I think that water cooling might be a nice option but I would rather be doing it myself. Defkin's idea & schematic looks good, but at the end of the day it's something we should really be doing ourselves and leave Burnin to do what we can't. (I realize that Defkin is simply asking Burnin for dimensions btw)
My summer can be terrible tho, so water cooling would def be something i'll look at.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: