Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:15:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623980 times)
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:18:17 PM

welp, i just jumped in for 40 chips with sebastianju. i now join the (insanely long) line of people waiting impatiently for burnin's site.

i really hope he's abel to hire some extra hands or something to assemble all this...

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:51:46 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 01:02:06 PM by burnin

I've dissolved my GPU miner and I have one power supply left - Thermaltake Smart M750W 80+ Bronze (modular).
Will it be suitable to power a few Bitburners XX or should I rather get rid of it?

It should be the perfect choice for these boards.  Wink

Interesting I have not thought of this. I was planning on running mine off my laptop. Will I be able to run it of my laptops power or will I need a PSU?

Edit: Im only getting one 20 chip board.

burnin stated in the first post that the 20 chips board will consume ~40Watts @ 12 Volts. So yes, if you have a Laptop PSU thats rated 40+ Watts at 12 Volt, it shouldn't be a problem.

you can re-purpose laptop PSU for this (provided it does 40W), but u cant run it off your laptop's power. USB port provides 0.5A @5V = 2.5W which is slightly below the 40W requirement...

Correct,  i will also offer compatible 12V brick power supplies and raspberry pies on the website.

welp, i just jumped in for 40 chips with sebastianju. i now join the (insanely long) line of people waiting impatiently for burnin's site.

i really hope he's abel to hire some extra hands or something to assemble all this...

As stated before: I won't assemble the boards personally, this will be done by contractors.
The boards will be assembled by Essemtec machines, mainly this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8qkaTsr2_o.
Maximum speed 20.000 components per hour, for reference my board has 341 components.

Overall project status:

I spent the last few days evaluating various firmware/hw builds for different chip interface options in order to determine the best.
The decision has been made and i now ordered my prototype boards.
I'll provide new drawings later so you can design your own cooling solutions.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:13:43 PM

wohoo!

hmm... building a combined cooling set up for my two 20 chip boards AND the USB asicminers i've got will be interesting...

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
blo

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:37:31 PM

Can someone explain how the boards will be combined into rig?
Or even so - how many 20 chips boards can be connected to the one RPI/PC?
If I understood correctly - one RPI is enough, or i am wrong?

Because i'm going to buy 120 chips (and 6x20 burnin boards) and i do not know what else I need.
guitar82

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:38:28 PM

If you don't daisy chain them, you can connect up to 127 devices and I think 5 hubs to one usb controller. It is best to use the lower port on the raspberrypi, as people have had some trouble with the top port recognizing some devices. (not sure why, but mine does it too)

No offence, but it sounds like these boards might be over your skill level as this is a pretty basic question and I don't think he is going to set up the pi's for plug and play.
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 02:48:20 PM

If you don't daisy chain them, you can connect up to 127 devices and I think 5 hubs to one usb controller. It is best to use the lower port on the raspberrypi, as people have had some trouble with the top port recognizing some devices. (not sure why, but mine does it too)

No offence, but it sounds like these boards might be over your skill level as this is a pretty basic question and I don't think he is going to set up the pi's for plug and play.

Unrelated/offtopic, but this explains a lot! im using 2 hubs in raspi, and the devices connected to the  hub connected to upper port occasionally has issues!  ill try to dasychain to the lower port hub.

Just checked lower port hub is the one with issues.

blo

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:55:19 PM

This is offtopic, but in fact I already have the RPI, and I use it for some home automation. I also have a Pandaboard ES and other hobby stuff and i am very familiar with Linux. But I the beginner in mining theme Smiley

Just after reading the OP and a few pages i found about 16 Modules on one USB connection but for clarity I decided to ask a question.
burnin (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:03:52 PM

Yes, up to 16 Modules can be combined into one cluster through CAN-BUS.
The bus connection is done via 10 Pin ribbon cable.

And please don't start another flame war, thanks.
pitchbend

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:19:49 PM

Burnin do you have even a rough estimate on the website? We know you're working on it, but it'll be nice to know at least roughly when do you expect it to go live, mid/late june? july? so that can we make arrangements instead of checking the thread several times a day during weeks.

Thanks

Yes, up to 16 Modules can be combined into one cluster through CAN-BUS.
The bus connection is done via 10 Pin ribbon cable.

And please don't start another flame war, thanks.
burnin (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:24:47 PM

Burnin do you have even a rough estimate on the website? We know you're working on it, but it'll be nice to know at least roughly when do you expect it to go live, mid/late june? july? so that can we make arrangements instead of checking the thread several times a day during weeks.

Thanks

Mid June at the latest, but i hope to have everything done before that.

guitar82

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:29:45 PM

This is offtopic, but in fact I already have the RPI, and I use it for some home automation. I also have a Pandaboard ES and other hobby stuff and i am very familiar with Linux. But I the beginner in mining theme Smiley

Just after reading the OP and a few pages i found about 16 Modules on one USB connection but for clarity I decided to ask a question.

I didn't mean anything, just wanted to make sure you had a grasp of what you are getting into. They would be an expensive paperweight.

Back on topic, Will there be any type of remote power reset mechanism for each board if I have a miner go down and restarting cgminer doesn't work? I am probably going to put my miners in a remote location, so I am just wondering if I should wire up a relay for each board to restart it.
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:41:03 PM

Thanks

He had an email signup that will notify you when the site is live.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
krasnolud

Activity: 109

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 04:01:54 PM

What happened with mid-May?
BFL-style delay?

(just kidding Wink )
burnin (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:17:16 PM

BFL-style delay?

(just kidding Wink )

Just one thing to remember:
These delays are not delays in development, just delays in me accepting your orders.
Its not like you're missing out on something, all of you have ordered your chips and they are on their way.
I decided to handle all this in a more cautious and professional manor.
Unlike BFL I will start taking orders when my product is really ready and all aspects about it are covered.

Toolhead

Activity: 178
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:22:15 PM

I think burnin will be ready to produce a perfect working miner.

But I have concerns about the delivery date of the Avalon chips.

No sample chips have been seen yet.

I hope, I´ll get my investment back, difficulty is going to grow very fast...

So I hope, Avalon fucks BFL again (and ASICMINER is not lowering prices, KNCMINER doesn`t deliver in september, ...)

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:57:48 PM

BFL-style delay?

(just kidding Wink )

These delays are not delays in development, just delays in me accepting your orders.
Its not like you're missing out on something, all of you have ordered your chips and they are on their way.
Unlike BFL I will start taking orders when my product is really ready and all aspects about it are covered.

+1  You are my mentor. I will follow.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
pro-bitcoin

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:59:15 PM

BFL-style delay?

(just kidding Wink )

As someone who has been following this from the early days, I can honestly say this is exactly what I thought the repsonse from burnin would be- word for word. I wonder if any other followers of this thread are thinking this same way.

Anyway, good on you burnin for handling this whole process as the way we all prefer. Thanks again for everything sir!  Grin

Exactly how I think of burnin. Normally I'm a sceptic person, but I have all faith in burnin .

BTC address: 1FVaqniSgLgDcTAzXm9jKcBphskWhiz6T1
f.baasch75

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:17:51 PM

BFL-style delay?

(just kidding Wink )

+1 Thanks burnin!
503guy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:05:34 PM

I'm part of SebestainJu's Batch #2 order, does it really matter when I place my order on your website (once it's up), as long as I place it prior to you receiving the Batch #2 chips -- I imagine you would complete the entire batch before jumping to other customers.  Is there an order of batches that have priority with you?

pitchbend

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:31:01 PM

Yes Burnin it'll be helpful if you could clarify this. You've stated previously that the batch number our chips are in will matter, but you didn't explain the specifics and how it relates to order placement on your website. So, can you explain us how will it work?

Again thanks, I'm eagerly awaiting new renders of Bitburner XX to print them and hang them in my walls  Cheesy

I'm part of SebestainJu's Batch #2 order, does it really matter when I place my order on your website (once it's up), as long as I place it prior to you receiving the Batch #2 chips -- I imagine you would complete the entire batch before jumping to other customers.  Is there an order of batches that have priority with you?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: