Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:08:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623954 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:47:48 AM

Burnin is there a way for you to create a stencil for this PCB for us DIY guys so we can apply solder paste through the stencil. This would make it much easier for those that want to assemble there PCB's themselves. I have 750 or so chips coming in and this would make it much easier.

+1

We should all work together on that as with 3 different builds (DIY) Klondike, Quarter Stick and BitBurner we could really cut down costs.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 03:17:22 PM

So when one orders a couple of miners and supports the needed chips one will get a miner with cooling solution. What exactly has to be provided on top to make it work? Cables to stack the miner? PSU? Notebook/Raspberry Pi? What exactly do i have to buy on top to make this work?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:27:56 PM

Burnin is there a way for you to create a stencil for this PCB for us DIY guys so we can apply solder paste through the stencil. This would make it much easier for those that want to assemble there PCB's themselves. I have 750 or so chips coming in and this would make it much easier.

My manufacturer doesn't use stencils for the solder paste.
But there are a ton of laser-stencil services out there where you could order your stencils online and locally.
The pad count is close to 2000, its not going to be cheap.
And 341 Parts per board is not for the faint of the heart either.
I'll see if I can find a stencil maker that gives discounts on larger quantities, but don't get your hopes up.

So when one orders a couple of miners and supports the needed chips one will get a miner with cooling solution. What exactly has to be provided on top to make it work? Cables to stack the miner? PSU? Notebook/Raspberry Pi? What exactly do i have to buy on top to make this work?

I'll include one micro-usb cable per 16 boards, the stacking cable has to be bought separately though.
(But I recommend to just DIY, its easy)

Whats needed:
  • Power supply that provides 12V (Standard-ATX, Brick, other)
  • something that can run cgminer. (Computer, RaspPi, Wifi-Router, NAS, Laptop)
  • Stacking cable, if using more then 1 board
  • Cool place to put the boards, where no one runs into or steps on them (would hurt more then lego!)
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:44:19 PM

Whats needed:
  • Cool place to put the boards, where no one runs into or steps on them (would hurt more then lego!)
+ fan(s) ?

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 04:46:02 PM

I'll include one micro-usb cable per 16 boards, the stacking cable has to be bought separately though.

Whats needed:

Thanks for the answer. So the power can come from a standard ATX-PC-power-supply, an old notebook could run all the miners. The only thing im still unsure is the stacking cable. You mentioned micro-usb. Does this mean that one cable with micro-usb goes into the board and the other end is a standard usb that goes into a notebook for example. And the stacking cable is micro-usb to micro-usb to connect 2 boards? I mean it has to transport data and power isnt it? Or are y-cables needed for connecting every board with the atc-power-supply? Can you explain this a bit more so that i know what to buy or build?

Whats needed:
+ fan(s) ?

Fans and heatsink are included as far as i read.

Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:51:35 PM

But there are a ton of laser-stencil services out there where you could order your stencils online and locally.
I'll see if I can find a stencil maker that gives discounts on larger quantities, but don't get your hopes up.

Whats needed:

I am thinking about an optimal solution right to build these.

With 16 pieces, it will be impractible to use a single PSU concerning cables. Will there a solution using a Power Supply Board? I was thinking about a Board similar to enterpoints one?

I was thinking about this:

In fact, you could probably use exactly that one, if I am not mistaken. However, for custoemrs from Germany like me, it would be nice to have a board like this prebuilt. The other solution is in fact getting a PSU that has a very high number of modular slots or daisy chaining the 12v. I am careful about daisy chaining 12v cables nowadays Wink
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:12:46 PM

Whats needed:

With 16 pieces, it will be impractible to use a single PSU concerning cables. Will there a solution using a Power Supply Board? I was thinking about a Board similar to enterpoints one?

http://enterpoint.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Power-Distribution-Board-650x404.jpg

In fact, you could probably use exactly that one, if I am not mistaken. However, for custoemrs from Germany like me, it would be nice to have a board like this prebuilt. The other solution is in fact getting a PSU that has a very high number of modular slots or daisy chaining the 12v. I am careful about daisy chaining 12v cables nowadays Wink

Im using these for my ztex boards : http://www.cardreaderfactory.com/shop/atx-to-lancelot-power-adapter.html

Basically u hook in atx to it and you have 20 pairs of 12v contacts, and bonus some 5v ones which i currently dont use, but will use to power USB hubs, raspberry pi.

robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:16:40 PM

I'm thinking about how to power a 16 board stack. If, for example I have 1000W ATX-PSU with 4x 12V 6-pin PCI-e connectors, with max. 40A each. Every PCI-e connector has 3x 12V and 3x ground cables afaik. Does anyone know if the 3x 12V and 3x ground cables can be merged to a single cable respectively (prallel connection) to get the 40A on one wire? Or is it a problem because of the internal circuitry of the PSU?

turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:21:41 PM

I'm thinking about how to power a 16 board stack. If, for example I have 1000W ATX-PSU with 4x 12V 6-pin PCI-e connectors, with max. 40A each. Every PCI-e connector has 3x 12V and 3x ground cables afaik. Does anyone know if the 3x 12V and 3x ground cables can be merged to a single cable respectively (prallel connection) to get the 40A on one wire? Or is it a problem because of the internal circuitry of the PSU?

AFAIK the grounds can be merged with any other ground...

For 12V i dunno. Get a single rail PSU then, no confusion at all Smiley

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:57:45 PM

Whats needed:

I hope you will provide some kind of newbies tutorial on how to easy power and stack the boards for the less technical people around here Smiley

Thank you.

g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:01:39 PM

Maybe it would be helpful to add links to additional needed components to the website when its done... so everyone can order
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:19:12 PM

When i see the first picture in first thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg1875862#msg1875862 it looks to me like the cooling isnt very effective. I mean the fan is pushing air into one heatsink and the other space is free air. That means the air will go mostly the easiest way and that isnt the heatsink. Wouldnt it be better to stack 2 miner together so that their heatsinks are together. A pack of 2 miners. This way the air could be forced into the heatsink and the air dissipation would be ideal. All air has to go through the heatsink then. Of course between the 2 of those stacked miners the pcb shouldnt contact then.

Another plus for doing so would be that only one fan for 2 miners is needed.

Am i wrong anywhere?

bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:22:39 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 08:56:27 PM by bitcoiner49er

When i see the first picture in first thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg1875862#msg1875862 it looks to me like the cooling isnt very effective. I mean the fan is pushing air into one heatsink and the other space is free air. That means the air will go mostly the easiest way and that isnt the heatsink. Wouldnt it be better to stack 2 miner together so that their heatsinks are together. A pack of 2 miners. This way the air could be forced into the heatsink and the air dissipation would be ideal. All air has to go through the heatsink then. Of course between the 2 of those stacked miners the pcb shouldnt contact then.

Another plus for doing so would be that only one fan for 2 miners is needed.

Am i wrong anywhere?

I was considering the same concept just a little while ago. Except I thought 4 miners configured "box" style all heatsinks facing "inside" with 1 fan, or 2 (push/pull 1 on each end).

See here:
https://github.com/bitcoiner49er/Bitburner_Quad
Heatsinks are obviously customized

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:23:40 PM

SebastianJu check this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg2424435#msg2424435  burnin didn't updated OP.

guitar82

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:25:13 PM

I was thinking it would be better to flip them upside down from the rendering since heat rises. Not sure how much it would matter though.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:03:53 PM

SebastianJu check this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg2424435#msg2424435  burnin didn't updated OP.

Looks good this way...

Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:53:52 AM

Whats needed:

http://enterpoint.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Power-Distribution-Board-650x404.jpg

Im using these for my ztex boards : http://www.cardreaderfactory.com/shop/atx-to-lancelot-power-adapter.html

Basically u hook in atx to it and you have 20 pairs of 12v contacts, and bonus some 5v ones which i currently dont use, but will use to power USB hubs, raspberry pi.

Yeah, getting a german version would be easier for me though. I know blackarrow delivers, but it is a pain in the ass for me to buy in China.

If someone has a blackarrow order open in Germany, let me know, I want one of the power boards.
blo

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:58:50 AM

I have i question about this image

It shows that the AVALON chips are at the top of the board and radiator is on the bottom. It is correct or a mistake or am I missing something?
robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:14:40 AM

It is correct.
dani

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

..yeah

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:14:44 AM

I have i question about this image

It shows that the AVALON chips are at the top of the board and radiator is on the bottom. It is correct or a mistake or am I missing something?

It's correct. I'm not very familiar with PCBs and how cooling is achieved, but I think the chip will disspipate more heat through the copper/whatev-layer of the pcb to the back instead through the chip (which is mostly plastic/ceramic, I don't really know). Please correct me if im wrong

Hai
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: