Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:02:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623979 times)
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:41:37 AM

Youre welcome! And right, it should be on the first page  Wink
GandalfG

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

Dig your freedom

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:13:21 PM

@burnin... i shipped 20 sample chips to you... Smiley Ill send you a pm with the trackingcode.

30 samples were delivered... 20 samples are on its way to burnin... Unfortunately i was 2 minutes too late at the post counter so it will be taken tomorrow from that branch. This way sending via express didnt make sense anymore... so it should be with burnin the day after tomorrow... Smiley

I worked with antistatic workspace and pincette. I really hope i did everything correctly. Ill post later some pictures of the chips. They are really awful tiny.

The other chips i will package today after checking back with zefir.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.msg2452212#msg2452212
Fantastic news. The chip are real Tongue
Does anyone know what is the time interval between delivery of samples and the realization of the full order?

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:26:38 PM

Does anyone know what is the time interval between delivery of samples and the realization of the full order?
Official announcement from Bitsyncom/Avalon: Sample chips 4 weeks after order. Lead time chips 9 to 10 weeks after order.
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:50:37 PM

I don't like the idea of adding the order row from burnins website since the beginning. IMO it's an unneeded and annoying additional variable, which ends up beeing like a lottery game.

The easiest way could be, to just use the order sequence and date in the particular group buys and merge these lists. Somehow like this:

Group buy SebastianJu

13.04.2013 200 Chips ordered by user XXX for DEV burnin
15.04.2013 100 Chips ordered by user ZZZ for DEV burnin

Group buy Zefir

14.04.2013 100 Chips ordered by user YYY for DEV burnin
16.04.2013 100 Chips ordered by user WWW for DEV burnin
18.04.2013 100 Chips ordered by user WWW for DEV burnin

Order row:

1. 13.04.2013 200 Chips ordered by user XXX for DEV burnin
2. 14.04.2013 100 Chips ordered by user YYY for DEV burnin
3. 15.04.2013 100 Chips ordered by user ZZZ for DEV burnin
4. 16.04.2013 200 Chips ordered by user WWW for DEV burnin

Because all ordered Batches will probably arrive at the same time, later stock up buys could be accumulated on the first buy of the same user. There would be no need to verify the Batch-No. during the ordering process and no mess with stock up buys.

/support  +1
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 01:17:25 PM

Hi Burnin since you'll be launching soon the ordering website I'd like to suggest a way to avoid and ordering/preordering/chip-batch matching mess (like what happened with KnC).

All chips come from batches and all batches are time-stamped so once you figure out which group buys are interested in your services, it should be very easy to organize a queue based on batch ordering date. It'll make sense for example if you open orders by turns to specific chip-batches based on ordering date, instead of opening for everyone at once and flooding the website and having to match orders to chip batches afterwards.

For example you first open order books for Zefir Batch 1 from April 16th (assuming this is the earliest one) for like 3 days or so, then you open order books to the next batch based on ordering date, and so on and so forth...

If i remember correctly then burnin stated that the order of assembly will be the payment time of assembly, not of chip ordering. Thats the first paramater. The second is when chips arent there yet then later orders are processed first. For example someone bought assembly for batch 7 in zefirs groupbuy and batch 5 isnt with burnin yet then he starts to create miners for the chips that are already there but paid later.
I think thats a good solution without problems.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:51:37 PM

My idea of creating boards with Snap in sockets for chips is not a good idea?
This way we wont need to send our chips to burnin, and we can easily mount the chips ourselves..
I imagine heating could be a problem as they are creating space from the board if the cooling is mounted underneath the boards.
sprint347

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:15:35 PM

I recall reading that sockets are not effective for heat dissipation as the heat comes from the bottom of the chip.
pitchbend

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:30:27 PM

If i remember correctly then burnin stated that the order of assembly will be the payment time of assembly, not of chip ordering. Thats the first paramater. The second is when chips arent there yet then later orders are processed first. For example someone bought assembly for batch 7 in zefirs groupbuy and batch 5 isnt with burnin yet then he starts to create miners for the chips that are already there but paid later.

He said that the payment time of assembly will only be relevant for assembly position within the batch your chips are in, so If you are the first to order on his website but you have your chips in Zefir's batch 7 it'll only mean that you are the first from batch 7 to get your chips assembled.
Which is consistent I think with my proposition of opening the ordering book by turns for each batch based on date, to avoid having to match and sort thousands of random orders with their chip batch number.

Clarification coming up:
The batch is relevant, because that's the order in which I will receive the chips.
Even if you were to be the very first person to order on my website, i could only assemble and send you your boards once I received the batch your chip are in.
And that's why the batch is relevant.
Within one batch the succession of the order number is determining the position in the queue.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 04:26:14 PM

He said that the payment time of assembly will only be relevant for assembly position within the batch your chips are in, so If you are the first to order on his website but you have your chips in Zefir's batch 7 it'll only mean that you are the first from batch 7 to get your chips assembled.
Which is consistent I think with my proposition of opening the ordering book by turns for each batch based on date, to avoid having to match and sort thousands of random orders with their chip batch number.

Clarification coming up:
The batch is relevant, because that's the order in which I will receive the chips.
Even if you were to be the very first person to order on my website, i could only assemble and send you your boards once I received the batch your chip are in.
Within one batch the succession of the order number is determining the position in the queue.

Would be a strange workflow then by adding additional layers of unnecessary difficulties. But if he wants to go this way ok...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
photon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:13:43 PM

Does anyone have an estimate on shipping cost of assembled boards to the U.S.? I did a quick search in this thread and have been following it, but didn't find this info.

Related, what would I need to prepare for in regards to getting the shipment through US customs?
warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:48:57 PM

Does anyone have an estimate on shipping cost of assembled boards to the U.S.? I did a quick search in this thread and have been following it, but didn't find this info.

Related, what would I need to prepare for in regards to getting the shipment through US customs?

+ 1 also awaiting some rough numbers as well.

+2

I am trying to see whats the best option cost/turnaround/reliability-wise.

Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:49:28 PM

I would expect between 40 and 50 Euros, a little more on express. DHL website says 37 for normal package and 56 for express.
Chrisinger

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:35:54 PM

Sind die PCB´s eigentlich in irgendeiner Hülle? so wie bei BFL in Plastik.
Oder brauche ich eine bestimmte Unterlage für die Platten?
idee2013

Activity: 407

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:34:34 PM

And I promised mechanical drawings and new renders.

Bigger stack of 8 boards (160 Chips):

has anyone a good idea for a case for bigstack with 8 or 10 boards?? A case would make a really better airflow backwards, too.
krasnolud

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 08:44:58 PM

has anyone a good idea for a case for bigstack with 8 or 10 boards?? A case would make a really better airflow backwards, too.
It would be great if someone could design and offer cases for Bitburners.
Also looks like a good business to me.

BTW: Do I undestand the drawings properly that there is no sense in ordering/stacking an uneven number of boards?
idee2013

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:49:13 PM

BTW: Do I undestand the drawings properly that there is no sense in ordering/stacking an uneven number of boards?

+1

but how a barebone...not with 6 fans on top of each other....for example a 2x3 is more stable...
And a horizontal 1x6 has a worse airflow then a vertical version ....
Grinny

Activity: 390

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:57:28 PM

I would LOVE to see a case for burnins boards.
Minimal design, dust filter at the front and wire frame on the back would be nice..
Some free space / slot on the bottom for adding a PSU - that's it.

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:08:02 AM

I might go and design a 19" case for them with space for power supply & a raspi.
That depends how much time I can pour into that.
And you CAN stack uneven numbers, but half of one fan's area will be unused.

Sind die PCB´s eigentlich in irgendeiner Hülle? so wie bei BFL in Plastik.
Oder brauche ich eine bestimmte Unterlage für die Platten?

Die werden ohne weiteres Gehäuse geliefert, ich werde wohl einen Standfuß anbieten damit die Stacks nicht leicht umfallen können.
Aber es geht auch ohne, einfach auf eine glatte, gerade oberfläche stellen.

+ 1 also awaiting some rough numbers as well.

+2

I am trying to see whats the best option cost/turnaround/reliability-wise.

At this stage I'm in limbo between DHL and UPS. The former is a bit cheaper the latter is a bit more reliant.
For the numbers you can calculate it online on their websites, weight per module: ~500g.
For bigger numbers of boards I'll ship them in multiple packages.

My idea of creating boards with Snap in sockets for chips is not a good idea?
This way we wont need to send our chips to burnin, and we can easily mount the chips ourselves..
I imagine heating could be a problem as they are creating space from the board if the cooling is mounted underneath the boards.

Its even in the FAQ in the OP... (agreed that OP its a bit outdated by now)

Clarification coming up:

Would be a strange workflow then by adding additional layers of unnecessary difficulties. But if he wants to go this way ok...

I'll think about it, SebastianJu interpreted my current scheduling system correctly.

Chrisinger

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:15:57 AM

Weißt du schon, was deine Zahlungsmöglichkeiten sein werden? eher BTC oder Überweisung, Paypal?
idee2013

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:50:12 AM

This is in burnin's first post:

Assembly cost can be paid in BTC or Eur. (Paypal, Wire Transfer)
Expect about 80 Eur assembly cost per module (that doesn't include chip cost).
For The 20 Chip Module expect about 100 Eur.

what do you need more?Huh?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: