Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:03:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623954 times)
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:19:54 PM

And it seems Burnin did it. He just did, and did it, and did it.

Don't laugh, but for me the most impressive part is he did not gave up with this project when it came to German/EU bureaucracy (founding a business, EMI, CE, WEEE, etc.). 95% of the people (including me) would never start anything having this pain in the head. That's what dividing a legend from John Doe. Wink

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
And when the machine stops, time is an illusion that we created free will.
" - an unnamed Hybrid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 12:29:57 PM

Since Burnin is not selling the boards on ebay, i don't know, if this will affect him, but i definitely don't hope so.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1iyzkg/if_you_get_caught_selling_bitcoin_hardware_on/

TerraHash (another DIY project) had real problems with PayPal, so I would avoid it even it is most convenient for me to use it.
Either way being seller or buyer I would avoid it or this might happen.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238148.0

TerraHash Order Queue and Info
- Updated 6/19 9:26PM PST. -
Latest News
June 19th - TerraHash's PayPal account is on hold due to large influx of funds yesterday.

Now when they investigate it will be bye bye PayPal.

This risk seems very legit. Yesterday i have read of someone whos paypal account was blocked because he sold "bitcoin mining machines" on ebay. Its specifically named now that its not allowed in paypal's rules. An account that is closed forever means that the money inside can only taken out after 6 months because paypal wants to ensure that nobody claims refunds.
So pp turned into an even higher risk now.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
tiros

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Just another miner

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:40:02 PM

Since Burnin is not selling the boards on ebay, i don't know, if this will affect him, but i definitely don't hope so.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1iyzkg/if_you_get_caught_selling_bitcoin_hardware_on/

TerraHash (another DIY project) had real problems with PayPal, so I would avoid it even it is most convenient for me to use it.

Latest News
June 19th - TerraHash's PayPal account is on hold due to large influx of funds yesterday.

This risk seems very legit. Yesterday i have read of someone whos paypal account was blocked because he sold "bitcoin mining machines" on ebay. Its specifically named now that its not allowed in paypal's rules. An account that is closed forever means that the money inside can only taken out after 6 months because paypal wants to ensure that nobody claims refunds.

Worse is that you can't access your money, and time is crucial for BTC projects.
If I can offer piece of advice to burnin; I would remove PayPal payment option, refund those who paid with it already and advise them to use BTC or bank wire transfer as payment method.

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
guitar82

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:40:27 PM

Latest News

I think that is more to discourage the pain in the ass they are having with all the ebay preorder sales and such. I am sure people are upset about being scammed on ebay and it is probably more of a measure to protect the customer.

I paid through paypal to burnin and paypal called me within an hour to make sure everything was legit before they sent my money. They said they had no issue with it. So I don't think people need to be worrying so much. He is selling physical items that he can show shipped to paypal if someone tries to dispute it, so I think he is fine. Also remember he is getting his funds from more than one source, so the risk is not as bad as you all seem to think.

As an alternative, google checkout/wallet might be something to add to the store. 
krasnolud

Activity: 109

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 01:46:13 PM

Raspbian fails badly with USB1.1 devices.
Do you have some more information/links on this statement?
Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:48:13 PM

And it seems Burnin did it. He just did, and did it, and did it.

Don't laugh, but for me the most impressive part is he did not gave up with this project when it came to German/EU bureaucracy (founding a business, EMI, CE, WEEE, etc.). 95% of the people (including me) would never start anything having this pain in the head. That's what dividing a legend from John Doe. Wink

I live in Germany, so yes, I know... I know...

tiros

Just another miner

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:51:36 PM

So ... burnin ... you gonna contact myself and ckolivas at some time to send us one each? Smiley
We support the hardware coz we have the hardware ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg2689800#msg2689800

Edit: oh and in case anyone was thinking of using an RPi (like I have and do use) make sure you use Arch not Raspbian
http://www.kano-kun.net/?p=87
Thanks for the clear tutorial for RPi - would have saved me a lot of time if I knew about it before!  I will check out Arch but I've actually been using stock Raspian with my CM1s and have no problems at all.

Unfortunately though due to this "unless you give us free hardware" policy I can no longer use cgminer with my CM1s so have had to switch camps to the BFGminer which remains open and cooperative with any hardware manufacturer.  I understand that you want to test hardware directly but many people have offered to debug, provide you whatever info you need, and even provide remote access to systems with miners - yet it seems you actually just want free hardware Sad  If that's your commercial model, then I get it - just wish I knew upfront before buying into cgminer.

CGMiner used to work like a dream, then they rewrote the USB stack and broke it (but is much more efficient for those it works for) - and now won't fix it because nobody gave kano a free CM1.  Cautionary tale  - other miners are available  ;-)

It makes me sick seeing someone want something for free and not giving anything in return, over and over again.
Wanting something in return for your work and support on other hand is fine by me knowing that probably 1% or even less of those using cgminer ever sent even satoshi as tip for those guys work.

Imagine burnin left us choice to pay or take bitburner's xx for free. How many would pay? I guess not many and even less if they could stay anonymous. Try walking in other people shoes from time to time.

I just hope RPi burnin is selling in his webshop is compatible.

solari

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:53:23 PM

Latest News

I think that is more to discourage the pain in the ass they are having with all the ebay preorder sales and such. I am sure people are upset about being scammed on ebay and it is probably more of a measure to protect the customer.

I paid through paypal to burnin and paypal called me within an hour to make sure everything was legit before they sent my money. They said they had no issue with it. So I don't think people need to be worrying so much. He is selling physical items that he can show shipped to paypal if someone tries to dispute it, so I think he is fine. Also remember he is getting his funds from more than one source, so the risk is not as bad as you all seem to think.

As an alternative, google checkout/wallet might be something to add to the store. 

I think it is a high risk for burnin.
I sold a few things at ebay and my customer paid via PayPal. After 1 month PayPal frooze my account. Until now I´m waiting 3 months and I can´t get my money from PayPal. All the calls and emails to the hotline didn´t help.
I shiped all the things to my customers. No one asked for a refund. But PayPal send me a email: "We will check your account in 30 days again. At the moment too many people are asking for refunds"
guitar82

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:55:08 PM

Worse is that you can't access your money, and time is crucial for BTC projects.
If I can offer piece of advice to burnin; I would remove PayPal payment option, refund those who paid with it already and advise them to use BTC or bank wire transfer as payment method.

You guys don't think like a business manager and it is crazy to see how flustered everyone gets. By doing this I would imagine he would lose at least 25% of his sales volume. I know I wouldn't have been able to order my miners if this was the case. Not everyone is in the EU to do a bank wire and buying bitcoin in volume is still not easy and sometimes means a loss of 5% or more. Also anyone that wanted to buy with a credit card would not have been able to order from him. I think he is smart and has diversified his incoming funds. Adding more options would be even better, like setting up a cc merchant account. He can always withdraw the funds from paypal as they come in to reduce any risk of his funds being on hold due to an audit. Even in the small chance that did happen, it is easy to keep the account balance low and he would minimize his risk.
tiros

Just another miner

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:01:04 PM

You guys don't think like a business manager and it is crazy to see how flustered everyone gets. By doing this I would imagine he would lose at least 25% of his sales volume. I know I wouldn't have been able to order my miners if this was the case. Not everyone is in the EU to do a bank wire and buying bitcoin in volume is still not easy and sometimes means a loss of 5% or more. Also anyone that wanted to buy would a credit card would not have been able to order from him. I think he is smart and has diversified his incoming funds. Adding more options would be even better, like setting up a cc merchant account. He can always withdraw the funds from paypal as they come in to reduce any risk of his funds being on hold due to an audit. Even in the small chance that did happen, it is easy to keep the account balance low and he would minimize his risk.

I am not in EU and can use bank wire. Do you have banks in your country?
Various payment options exists so you could chose, and if you want it you will find a way.
I don't think anyone doubted in burnin's intelligence.
Looks like you don't know when merchant can and when can't withdraw money. He can't touch it next 45 days when they arrive in his PP account, and if frozen next who-knows-how-many-days-or-months (someone correct me if I am wrong).

burnin (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:06:35 PM

Does anyone have an order lower than #300 btw?
Nope.

Latest News

Two Paypal transactions were frozen "because of suspicion that the transaction was not done by the owner of the account".
Still working to unfreeze those.
In general: PayPal is a royal pain in the ***, but when doing business online you can't really do without them.
The TOS I signed did NOT include anything about Bitcoin, therefore they have no legal base to kick me out.

Do you have some more information/links on this statement?

The BitBurners are USB 2.0 High Speed (12Mbit) devices.

It makes me sick seeing someone want something for free and not giving anything in return, over and over again.
Wanting something in return for your work and support on other hand is fine by me knowing that probably 1% or even less of those using cgminer ever sent even satoshi as tip for those guys work.

Imagine burnin left us choice to pay or take bitburner's xx for free. How many would pay? I guess not many and even less if they could stay anonymous. Try walking in other people shoes from time to time.

That RPi is just the Standard model-B, does not include any software at all.
But i had my prototype working with one, but i'd need to look up what distro i had on there, not shure atm.

fiktionist

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:13:59 PM

But PayPal send me a email: "We will check your account in 30 days again. At the moment too many people are asking for refunds"

Thanks to BFL for that  Cheesy

liked that post? Official BeerAdress: 12Q9d7tntiQXARjpVSRKnQhzJy4MoAaonL
tiros

Just another miner

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:20:25 PM

The BitBurners are USB 2.0 High Speed (12Mbit) devices.
That RPi is just the Standard model-B, does not include any software at all.
But i had my prototype working with one, but i'd need to look up what distro i had on there, not shure atm.

It would be rather strange anyone using/producing and applying old/ancient USB standard with newly made IT type of device. Smiley
I thought that was not only USB1.1 port compatibility issue, but I am no expert.

nemercry

Activity: 339

Vice versa is not a meal.

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:21:12 PM

I couldnt find a answer to this:

Do i need to buy a micro or mini USB ?
Looks like mini to me, but i want to be sure.
solari

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:34:06 PM

I couldnt find a answer to this:

Do i need to buy a micro or mini USB ?
Looks like mini to me, but i want to be sure.

see here:

http://www.burninmining.com/product/complete-module/

Includes:

Assembled BitBurner PCB with attached heat-sink
    Micro-USB Cable (one for every 16 boards)
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:16:53 PM

Has anyone got response from Burnin submitting contact form on his site?
https://www.burninmining.com/contact/

He must be busy, but it was long ago and still nothing.

You are not the only one. I placed my order successfully but didn’t receive any payment instructions.
I’m literally begging him to send me his SEPA bank account information, but no dice.

My chips are from Zefir’s batch #1, so at this point they will most likely arrive before my payment does. I’m starting to become a little miffed, to say the least.

PM sent with bank details from the order confirmation.

Similar situation here. Have a confirmed order, but missed the Bitpay window of 15 mins, since my BTC client would start up. Grrr.
So I suppose it is okay just to wire the money to the BurninMining bank account and give the order number as reference?
Anybody tried that with positive results (or tried at all)?

Thanks for feedback.

me to same problem i sent him emai hope he reply .
Lollaskates

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:23:01 PM

Is there a US based assembler / service for these boards? I was originally with Klondike, but it seems burnin's can hit 450Mhz / chip.
dudeofthestick

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:11:12 PM

I paid with PayPal and it seems I could do it successfully.

Let's keep fingers crossed and let's wait for the boards to arrive safe.
robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:16:54 PM

Is there a US based assembler / service for these boards? I was originally with Klondike, but it seems burnin's can hit 450Mhz / chip.
No, only in Germany.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:23:59 PM

how i can pay when my order on hold
?
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: