Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:11:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623976 times)
alexuk

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:03:31 PM

Thanks!

Quick question - im part of Zefirs batch #1 - 200 chips coming directly to you

I ordered on your site tonight - order number #737

Since this will be one of the first batches that will arrive with you - will i be one of the first processed?

If the above is true - how quickly do you expect the chips to be stamped onto the PCB's and shipped back to me?

Cheers, and thanks a ton for your hard work!
flohlie

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:13:20 PM

Thanks!

Quick question - im part of Zefirs batch #1 - 200 chips coming directly to you

I ordered on your site tonight - order number #737

Since this will be one of the first batches that will arrive with you - will i be one of the first processed?

If the above is true - how quickly do you expect the chips to be stamped onto the PCB's and shipped back to me?

Cheers, and thanks a ton for your hard work!

As far as I know, batch# comes before order#  ;-)
...can't find Burnins statement at the moment, but i remember it-
imho that's the only reasonable way

So actually, your chips are already on their way to burnin!
I would assume, that the assembly process won't take longer than a week, somewhere in this thread a number was given, how many pieces per day can be assembled-  though i don't have the number in my mind now  =/
With that and the amount of chips in this first batch reaching burnin, you could estimate the time until you got your boards

best regards,
Florian
AM4Bitcoin

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:17:41 PM

Yes batch number before order number. It would be stupid to wait with the chips in the corner just because of the order numbers.

bullish on Bitcoin + Peercoin
alexuk

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:21:21 PM

Makes sense.

Where can i find the link for the burnin's cgminer fork? Digged around 30 pages, couldn't find it....

fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:29:01 PM

Makes sense.

Where can i find the link for the burnin's cgminer fork? Digged around 30 pages, couldn't find it....

Did burnin fork cgminer ? I though his board emulated Avalon and you could just use the main branch.
Avalon can't adjust its voltage so I don't know how that would work.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1846

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:27:01 AM

So ... burnin ... you gonna contact myself and ckolivas at some time to send us one each? Smiley
We support the hardware coz we have the hardware ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg2689800#msg2689800

Edit: oh and in case anyone was thinking of using an RPi (like I have and do use) make sure you use Arch not Raspbian
http://www.kano-kun.net/?p=87
Raspbian fails badly with USB1.1 devices.
Thanks for the clear tutorial for RPi - would have saved me a lot of time if I knew about it before!  I will check out Arch but I've actually been using stock Raspian with my CM1s and have no problems at all.

Unfortunately though due to this "unless you give us free hardware" policy I can no longer use cgminer with my CM1s so have had to switch camps to the BFGminer which remains open and cooperative with any hardware manufacturer.  I understand that you want to test hardware directly but many people have offered to debug, provide you whatever info you need, and even provide remote access to systems with miners - yet it seems you actually just want free hardware Sad  If that's your commercial model, then I get it - just wish I knew upfront before buying into cgminer.

CGMiner used to work like a dream, then they rewrote the USB stack and broke it (but is much more efficient for those it works for) - and now won't fix it because nobody gave kano a free CM1.  Cautionary tale  - other miners are available  ;-)

Damn, I didn't block you from reading that blog post of mine and force you to give me BTC ... what was I thinking??!?!?!??!

No, I want the hardware to support it.
I don't need the hardware to line my wallet.

Next week I'll have 130GH/s of hardware.
This week I have 70GH/s of hardware.
ckolivas has over 200GH/s of hardware.

You really think I'm gonna make a fortune off a what? less than 5GH/s device?
I certainly have no doubt we wouldn't be sent a reasonable amount of hardware to cover our time supporting and working on it, so I'd think at best it what we'd get would probably be a single board with 10 chips ... ... ... if anything at all ...

Feel free to support it yourself, just know that if you come asking for support for hardware we don't have, you know what to expect.
I'm really not sure why you think that statement is an issue at all.
Yet you are saying we should help you for free ... coz that is really all your post says in big, bold, blinking lights.
Did you ever donate to me for that cairnsmore1 code I wrote most of that you've been using?
No.
Have I stopped you from using it?
No.
Do I expect otherwise from you?
Now - No.
Yes you'll have to hide your name if you ever ask for support.

I imagine Avalon should be a good example for how well that works.
From January to June their support was ... ?
In June when ckolivas (had to pay 50BTC) got an Avalon, they are now mining at over 80GH/s instead of the older closer to 70GH/s they've been doing since Jan - though Avalon knew they could do that.

As for the CM1's, I wrote the first proper support for the CM1s in cgminer without any support from you or CM1.
The only code change Yohan ever did for cgminer was to change the baud rate from 115200 to 57600, as was required originally for the first CM1s, and he didn't release the source until I stated he must.

To support the 0x8350 CM1s in the current cgminer will require hardware coz it is no longer a simple brain dead serial device - it is an 8 end point (4 pair) device that even I haven't written any support for such devices yet in my usbutils library coz I've never had a device with that chip in it. It will require a design change in my usbutils library. Not a big deal, but there's no way in hell I'm gonna do that without having the hardware.
Though I have already put in the basic information required for a CM1 in the code ... months ago ... just not the extra required to do it fully.

Oh and as for original avalon ... yep I've broken the avalon code twice so far (ckolivas fixed it) coz I don't have one (and I don't want one made by that company)
Of course ckolivas tests on his ... but ... well ... it's not something I can test every time I've editing code coz I don't have the hardware.

Let me clarify all this specifically to you: "Fuck off" Smiley

P.S. yes anyone else reading this and finds my reply unexpected - this is what I'm like - and this is nothing new from me on this forum Smiley
Oh well Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
niner

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 06:10:15 AM

Where to buy CAN-BUS Stacking cable? (besides directly from burnin's site)
Googling "CAN-BUS Stacking Cable" isn't much help.  Some instructions for the
DIY stacking cable kit would be great as well.

Also can anyone recommend a power supply for a rig with 4 20chip boards?

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:12:38 AM

My payment cleared today, good start of the day. Now all I need is a photo of burnin receiving the chips from zefir and I'll be ecstatic for the entire weekend Cheesy

How long should it take to complete all batch1 orders, given that not all chips have been shipped to burnin, I roughly estimated he needs to produce ~500 bitburners.

Did he say he's going to have the boards premade and just slap chips & heat sinks on them?

Can't wait to hold my bitburners in my arms Cheesy
niner

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 06:25:43 AM

My payment cleared today, good start of the day. Now all I need is a photo of burnin receiving the chips from zefir and I'll be ecstatic for the entire weekend Cheesy

How long should it take to complete all batch1 orders, given that not all chips have been shipped to burnin, I roughly estimated he needs to produce ~500 bitburners.

Did he say he's going to have the boards premade and just slap chips & heat sinks on them?

Can't wait to hold my bitburners in my arms Cheesy

Timescale:
Shipping could begin after about week of receiving the chips.
Production capability ~1000 modules per week.

Burnin said he expects to receive the chips from Zefir by Monday.

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:42:41 AM

The fact that mayor software developers should get free samples of the products they develop for shouldn't have to be discussed.

What has to be done that Kano gets a BitBurnerXX asap?

As far as I know, Zefir sent a bunch of unclaimed chips with the current shipment. Could some of these be used?

eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:43:37 AM

Thanks Smiley So theoretically even if he is shipped the entire batch of chips (10,000) and people are only ordering BitburnerX (10 chip) boards, he should be able to complete them within a week.
However I think it's more realistic to expect at least 50% of the orders to be for BitburnerXX boards and then some of the chips shipped to other manufacturers so as a rough estimation all orders for batch 1 chips should be completed within 3 days or so.

As for your PSU question any 500Watt or higher PSU should do, my personal preference is to always go for single rail just to not have to worry about load spread and so forth. I don't think you would have any connector limitations whatever you choose, even if you don't have enough pci-e cables on the PSU itself you can always use the molex-to-pcie converters so that shouldn't be an issue?!

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:51:39 AM

The fact that mayor software developers should get free samples of the products they develop for shouldn't have to be discussed.

As far as I know, Zefir sent a bunch of unclaimed chips with the current shipment. Could some of these be used?

Unclaimed doesn't mean unowned. You are basically suggesting that Burnin/Zefir steal chips and give them to someone else.
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:10:44 AM

Unclaimed doesn't mean unowned. You are basically suggesting that Burnin/Zefir steal chips and give them to someone else.

This exactly. Unclaimed means 'unclaimed so far', i.e. users that missed to enter valid shipping data were skipped with the delivery, but they will get their chips as soon as they do. I sent more chips to burnin, since I know that 5k+ chips from the second batch are delegated to him.

ecliptic

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:19:29 AM

Send him your chips then.

Nice to see him shilling as hard as ever for BFL and still butthurt about Avalon.  Apparently said butthurt carries over to anyone using their chips.

Oh did i say nice?  I meant tedious.
niner

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 07:20:30 AM

Thanks Smiley So theoretically even if he is shipped the entire batch of chips (10,000) and people are only ordering BitburnerX (10 chip) boards, he should be able to complete them within a week.
However I think it's more realistic to expect at least 50% of the orders to be for BitburnerXX boards and then some of the chips shipped to other manufacturers so as a rough estimation all orders for batch 1 chips should be completed within 3 days or so.

As for your PSU question any 500Watt or higher PSU should do, my personal preference is to always go for single rail just to not have to worry about load spread and so forth. I don't think you would have any connector limitations whatever you choose, even if you don't have enough pci-e cables on the PSU itself you can always use the molex-to-pcie converters so that shouldn't be an issue?!

Great! Thanks @eraziel.  Smiley

Can anyone comment on the CAN-BUS question ...

blo

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:25:22 AM

Googling "CAN-BUS Stacking Cable" isn't much help.  Some instructions for the

http://www.burninmining.com/product/can-bus-stacking-cable/
http://www.burninmining.com/product/stacking-cable-diy-kit/
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:35:16 AM

I don't want to steal anything from anyone, but if these guys changed their minds, dropped out of the game and/or bitcoin completely or just are not interested in topic anymore, there is no reason to shut the chips (which will be useless in some months anyways) away for the next couple of years, because they maybe could come back one day and state their claim. The same about refunds, nobody knows if these adresses are still in use.

If someone shows up later and can prove his claim, there will be a way to handle this. Either by zefir, SebastianJu, burnin or others.
niner

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 07:41:11 AM

Googling "CAN-BUS Stacking Cable" isn't much help.  Some instructions for the

http://www.burninmining.com/product/can-bus-stacking-cable/
http://www.burninmining.com/product/stacking-cable-diy-kit/

Aha, thank you @blo.  I didn't see those instructions for the DIY kit before.

Are these cables easily replaced?  And where to buy them (besides from burnin)?

Stack

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:42:43 AM

I don't want to steal anything from anyone, but if these guys changed their minds, dropped out of the game and/or bitcoin completely or just are not interested in topic anymore, there is no reason to shut the chips (which will be useless in some months anyways) away for the next couple of years, because they maybe could come back one day and state their claim. The same about refunds, nobody knows if these adresses are still in use.

If someone shows up later and can prove his claim, there will be a way to handle this. Either by zefir, SebastianJu, burnin or others.

If they remain unclaimed and gather dust in a corner, so be it. They aren't yours, so it isn't for you to decide their fate.

Donate your own miner to him, or gather a group of people to donate a miner to him.

m5

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:48:24 AM

Great! Thanks @eraziel.  Smiley

It was mentioned here several pages back...
You need one 10-pin ribbon cable: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10647
And then for each board you need one this connector: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10650
Then you make a cable with many connectors on it spaced evenly.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: