Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623977 times)
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:46:02 PM

Any chance anyone happens to know a part number for that fuse?

1206SFH100F/24-2
That was one thing that always bugged me about bkkcoin's design: NO FUSE.

I am looking for enough CANBUS and barrel jack adapters (or even a Supernova 1000 G2 PSU) to power 3 20 chip BitBurner modules.  Are ordering these items through Burnin even possible any more?  If not, I am accepting offers for the above items by PM, preferably with expedited shipping, as I expect my BitBurners to be shipped by the end of the week.

yes, but payment is only possible through bitpay or wire transfer.
As shipping you can select local pickup and reference the original order in the customer notes.
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:18:55 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 10:31:09 PM by Roy Badami

BTB 0: 46C 256  933mV | 365.7G/348.7Gh/s | A:463040 R:6848 HW:49688 WU: 4871.8/m

I think your settings are not very good.

I have best performens with this options:

--avalon-options 115200:XX:10:45:275 --bitburner-voltage 1320

XX = how many chips you use in one stack (128??)

Does "d" instead of "45" works?

Bitfury Boards have a modified BitburnerXX Avalon Firmware
for Bitburner XX:
--avalon-options <arg> Set avalon options baud:miners:asic:timeout:freq

The first part is the baudrate, always 115200.
The next value is the number of miners, this must be the number of boards in cluster multiplied by 2. (?)
Then the number of chips, always 10. (? i dont know if bitfury boards need 8 or 10 multiplied by 2, or 16 chips. I will test it soon)
then of CRUCIAL IMPORTANCE the timeout value this is frequency dependent.
at last the clock frequency of the asic chips (this sets the hashing speed)

Timeout =( 2^32 /( frequency (in Mhz) * 10,000,000) ) * 29.8
(http://www.burninmining.com/news/)

Pretty sure someone42 said the Fury boards ignore the third parameter of avalon-options (usually set to 10).  I think he said they ignore the timeout (fourth parameter) too, but I just set it to 'd' to let cgminer calculate the default and don't worry about it.

ETA: AIUI the only important parameters in avalon-options for the Fury boards are the second parameter (should equal the number of chips - although apparently had to be twice the number of chips in old versions of cgminer) and the last parameter (clock speed).  And of course, the value of bitburner-voltage if you're overvolting.

roy
Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:27:08 PM

Although, really, this is the thread about the (Avalon-based) Bitburner X/Bitburner XX boards.  If you need info about setting up the (Bitfury-based) Bitburner Fury boards you're better off checking out the other thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294735.0
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:15:56 AM

Despite all my efforts the Paypal Account is still locked, i have not received a single penny from any sale that was paid by PayPal.
I sent them a list of the remaining orders that applied for a refund, those should receive their money very soon.

This worries me, as PayPal is notorious for holding people's money hostage for months, or more, for unspecified reasons usually. Hope you get the funds released - if not, it's time to sue them.

PayPal's policies on preorders: https://www.paypal-businesscenter.com/content/presale-policy-and-reserves
Am I allowed to presell?

Yes, you are allowed to presell items as long as you follow these guidelines.

Off eBay presale requirements

If you sell items in an online store (not eBay), you must guarantee delivery within 20 days from the date of purchase and make sure that the customer knows they are buying a presale item.

Before you can withdraw a payment, we may ask for documentation to validate that you will be able to deliver the customer’s order within the specified timeline. We may ask for:

Information about your supplier such as a contract and/or their contact information

Proof of purchase from your supplier

Invoices

Shipping receipts

We ask for information about your supplier and invoices to verify that you have a product or service and we ask for shipping information to verify that you have shipped orders.

Am I allowed to presell if I can’t deliver the product or service within 20 days?

Off eBay

If you are selling goods or services in an online store (not eBay), you may be allowed to presell items but we may hold your money in a reserve account or limit what you can do with your account to reduce the higher risks associated with presale items.

We recommend that you delay authorizing and capturing the money until you have the product available or until you plan on delivering the product or service. Once you have the ability to deliver the product or service:

Authorize the transaction.

Once the authorization is approved, capture the money.

Ship the product within one business day of capturing the money.

Were these sales compliant with that policy?
If not, what are you going to sue them for?

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
GMD1987

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:56:37 AM

I am looking for enough CANBUS and barrel jack adapters (or even a Supernova 1000 G2 PSU) to power 3 20 chip BitBurner modules.  Are ordering these items through Burnin even possible any more?  If not, I am accepting offers for the above items by PM, preferably with expedited shipping, as I expect my BitBurners to be shipped by the end of the week.

yes, but payment is only possible through bitpay or wire transfer.
As shipping you can select local pickup and reference the original order in the customer notes.
Thanks for the update Burnin and all the hard work you do.  Are any of the barrel jack adapters available?  The website says they are all sold out and 1000W seems a bit overkill for 3 BitBurner modules.  It may be my only option though.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:21:18 AM

Despite all my efforts the Paypal Account is still locked, i have not received a single penny from any sale that was paid by PayPal.
I sent them a list of the remaining orders that applied for a refund, those should receive their money very soon.

This worries me, as PayPal is notorious for holding people's money hostage for months, or more, for unspecified reasons usually. Hope you get the funds released - if not, it's time to sue them.

PayPal's policies on preorders: https://www.paypal-businesscenter.com/content/presale-policy-and-reserves
Am I allowed to presell?

Yes, you are allowed to presell items as long as you follow these guidelines.

Off eBay presale requirements

If you sell items in an online store (not eBay), you must guarantee delivery within 20 days from the date of purchase and make sure that the customer knows they are buying a presale item.

Before you can withdraw a payment, we may ask for documentation to validate that you will be able to deliver the customer’s order within the specified timeline. We may ask for:

Information about your supplier such as a contract and/or their contact information

Proof of purchase from your supplier

Invoices

Shipping receipts

We ask for information about your supplier and invoices to verify that you have a product or service and we ask for shipping information to verify that you have shipped orders.

Am I allowed to presell if I can’t deliver the product or service within 20 days?

Off eBay

If you are selling goods or services in an online store (not eBay), you may be allowed to presell items but we may hold your money in a reserve account or limit what you can do with your account to reduce the higher risks associated with presale items.

We recommend that you delay authorizing and capturing the money until you have the product available or until you plan on delivering the product or service. Once you have the ability to deliver the product or service:

Authorize the transaction.

Once the authorization is approved, capture the money.

Ship the product within one business day of capturing the money.

Were these sales compliant with that policy?
If not, what are you going to sue them for?

Regardless of their policy (actually u put the eBay terms not PayPal) they cannot simply keep money. Probably Shapemaker was meaning that they can be forced to return the funds to point of origin. No doubt they will take their sweet time doing so tho.
murraypaul

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:18:06 AM

Regardless of their policy (actually u put the eBay terms not PayPal) they cannot simply keep money.

Those are PayPal's Non eBay terms, as it says in the document.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Darthpotatoe

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:44:05 AM

Hello everybody,
today I got my Bitburner. But it seems that it does not work. I connected it with the power supply, but nothing happens. The fan does not move and the leds do not flash. What can I do? Is it corrupted?
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:28:13 PM

Hello everybody,
today I got my Bitburner. But it seems that it does not work. I connected it with the power supply, but nothing happens. The fan does not move and the leds do not flash. What can I do? Is it corrupted?

Have you connected pin4 (green) of your ATX PSU to ground so the PSU will actually power itself on?

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:52:17 PM

Hi Burnin,

Just received a partial refund from you (50%)

However, I actually had 2 orders.

Are you refunding based on the orders, rather than customer?

I just wanted to check that my other one wasn't missed.

Thanks,

Grinny

Activity: 390

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:54:35 PM

Hi Burnin,

Thanks,

Good to hear that. Smiley Did you pay via PayPal?

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
Darthpotatoe

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:45:40 PM

Hello everybody,

Have you connected pin4 (green) of your ATX PSU to ground so the PSU will actually power itself on?

Yes, I did. It really doesn't work. I hope someone has another idea, and if not I hope burnin will change the miner.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 05:11:12 PM

Hello everybody,

Yes, I did. It really doesn't work. I hope someone has another idea, and if not I hope burnin will change the miner.

Try one of the other power supply options burnin built into. In theory you only need 12V (or was it 9V) power supply from a source to test it.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
AMD FTW

Activity: 317

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:38:01 PM

Hello everybody,

I'd also recommend taking a multimeter and checking to see if the fuse is blown on the board. I had one that either blew the fuse instantly when I plugged in my psu (no visible or audible sound when it blew) or it was blown when I received it. I ended up replacing it a few times only to realize there was a short on the board somewhere. I just have it sitting right now.

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
fex

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:37:56 PM

I payed via PayPal and also just received a partial refund (via PayPal) for:

50%*(Miner with VAT) + Power Supply with VAT + Shipping

In other words, full refund on power supply and shipping, 50% on the miner. Just as Burnin promised. As much as I'd like to see more, I can live with that, considering Burnin's situation. Thanks.
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:05:50 PM

Hi Burnin,

Thanks,

Yes, the refunds are performed on a per Order base.
So you need to mark all the orders you want refunded on cryptx's website.
If i missed some either mark them on their site OR drop me a mail.
It would have taken too much time to follow all the background on all orders of a particular user.
Since some people only wanted a single order refunded and sold another etc pp.

I will go through the remaining orders once the dust has settled to catch any orders left then.

As soon as i receive the cash for the Bitfury boards the other refunds will go through.

dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:47:26 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 03:08:54 PM by dani

Zefir sent you the chips on 21st of september, you should have received them by 23/24 september. Now I'm not sure if you said you will send the unit within 4 weeks or a month, but nice to see that the only speeding this mess up is your own deadline, so you don't need to fear consequences here. What a joke

PS: It's friday, no tracking, nothing.

Zefirs batch will begin shipping this week and will probably be finished  next week.

This interprets to "Shipping will begin sunday. So basically Monday."

You do see that "the end of next week" is later as you promised?

Edit:
5PM in germany, still nothing. I don't expect them to work on saturday or sunday. Would you like to comment on this, burnin?

Hai
vanycon

Activity: 317
Merit: 252

In Rarity I trust!

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:13:39 AM

Zefir sent you the chips on 21st of september, you should have received them by 23/24 september. Now I'm not sure if you said you will send the unit within 4 weeks or a month, but nice to see that the only speeding this mess up is your own deadline, so you don't need to fear consequences here. What a joke

The website says he gurantees shipping within a month after recieving the chips...

Im also looking for my tracking number... my chips are from Sebastian so I should get it tomorrow otherwise the month is over

Aeron 1.250.000 CryptoBonusMiles Giveaway
baloo_kiev

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:56:43 PM

Is the fan speed actually controlled by cgminer or the firmware?
I see this in cgminer window:
Code:
Avalon: Fan1: 0/m, Fan2: 0/m, Fan3: 0/m  Temp1: 55C, Temp2: 55C, Temp3: 55C, TempMAX: 59C
However, I can hear that the fan speed actually changes but never gets to maximum (what I hear when the board is powered but not connected). Also, --avalon-fan and --avalon-temp options seem to have no effect at all. Using the latest cgminer on Raspbian. If the speed is controlled by the board itself, it would be great to see the firmware source code or at least the full communication protocol specs.

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 04:59:36 PM

Finally got my Bitburner XX. Just one, as as toy. The remainder of the order I had cancelled.

But it seems it is not recognized on the USB bus on Windows7:

running the command line:

"C:\Program Files\cgminer-3.6.3-windows\cgminer.exe" -o stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334  -u 1E1igiusfEjs1pCaGjEERExE9gYcrFwow7 -p password --avalon-options 115200:2:10:d:350 --bitburner-voltage 1270 --avalon-temp 60 --debug -nogpu

gives this output:

[2013-10-18 18:52:53] CL Platform 0 vendor: Intel(R) Corporation

[2013-10-18 18:52:53] CL Platform 0 name: Intel(R) OpenCL
 [2013-10-18 18:52:53] CL Platform 0 version: OpenCL 1.1
 [2013-10-18 18:52:53] Platform 0 devices: 1
 [2013-10-18 18:52:53]  0       Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
 [2013-10-18 18:52:53] Unable to load ati adl library
 [2013-10-18 18:52:53] 1 GPU devices max detected
 [2013-10-18 18:52:53] USB all: found 6 devices - listing known devices
.USB dev 0: Bus 1 Device 2 ID: 0403:6001
  ** dev 0: Failed to open, err -12
 [2013-10-18 18:52:53] 1 known USB devices

So what is missing?
Already flashed the latest firmware from burnin's page, to be sure. Also tried different USB slots, but no success.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: