Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:24:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is trading just educated guessing?  (Read 22844 times)
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:25:44 AM

Was high freqruency trading an effective and a profitable to trade? I thought it was just a buzzword.

For you it will remain mostly a buzzword

HFT is available only to large investment firms and biggest banks which have direct presence at trading floors. That basically means that they can rack their servers next to the servers of the exchange itself (colocation). They use low-risk strategies aimed at earning small but sure profits and doing that at high frequencies (as the name suggests). In essence, they are just milking the market like a fat ass cow

Yeah what's new. Large financial firms and the top banks have always been making sheep out of everyone. The government itself is under the power of the financial institutions. Thats why all the got was a slip in the wrist when it was found out that most of them and their scamminess caused the housing bubble.
shine1123

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:39:32 AM

Can you really be sure you will profit unless you have insider info?

Nope, trading is not only about guessing but you also need to find informations about news and gossips. Because new and gossips also affect the trading too. Good news can makes the things that you trading become increase at the price and bad news too.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄  
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:43:07 AM

I have always believed that trading involves both luck and skills. So, its no harm saying it an educated guess. Trader definitely do market and financial analysis and research before trading but ultimately they are guessing a future price through analysis. So it involves both.
This is because a guess work after enough preparation is nothing but "predictions". There will be no significant differences between a trader who is following his skill and a trader who is believing his luck. Because in trades we are having only two options : buy or sell. But Skilled trader may buy at early levels and there will be no guarantee for luck based trader to catch early price levels.

I believe the same applies to "educated guess" and "pure guess". We can trade by guess works but there will be no guarantee to make more profits than losses. But educated guess will ensure this.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:44:31 AM

Yeah I am pretty sure that it is just educated guessing. There is no way to be sure that the price of Bitcoin is going to go up or down. When you sell or buy, you are taking a risk as the price could continue to go up or down. Everyone that is saying it is not just guessing is pretty dumb. No offence.
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:01:05 AM

You certainly can not advance with guessing. Education is a must in this regard as it is in every case.If you are educated about   economic trends.You can guess a lot of things.But if you are not educated.Your guesses will surely make you profit loss and  economic damage.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
makulo123

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:31:16 AM

As far as I am concerned, where would you be able to get the "insider info"? I don't know of any source that could give me such info... If you mean governments, financial institutes, regulators and such, than, frankly, I think that a lot have far away from them...
nemagia

Activity: 228

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:36:02 AM

Accurate calculations will not help you to constantly get a stable income, but simple guessing based only on luck is too risky.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 05:04:00 PM

As far as I am concerned, where would you be able to get the "insider info"? I don't know of any source that could give me such info... If you mean governments, financial institutes, regulators and such, than, frankly, I think that a lot have far away from them...

Apparently, to get insider's info you should be an insider

I can't tell much about Bitcoin, but I think you must be a close friend of Wu (or what is his name), or of a similar figure (Satoshi among your bosom buddies would do just fine I suspect) but if we are talking about, for example, fiat currencies or stock markets, I guess you should have ties and connections in a central bank and SEC or similar market regulating agencies. In regard to stock of a specific company, the best would be just working there, better close to top management (or just being the top management itself). Then you will have first or close to first hand info, which would otherwise be called insider's info

makulo123

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:06:03 PM

Apparently, to get insider's info you should be an insider

I can't tell much about Bitcoin, but I think you must be a close friend of Wu (or what is his name), or of a similar figure (Satoshi among your bosom buddies would do just fine I suspect) but if we are talking about, for example, fiat currencies or stock markets, I guess you should have ties and connections in a central bank and SEC or similar market regulating agencies. In regard to stock of a specific company, the best would be just working there, better close to top management (or just being the top management itself). Then you will have first or close to first hand info, which would otherwise be called insider's info

Well, it would be nice to have someone trustworthy on these posts... But majority have to rely on the third hand info to visualize the market future such as news portals and so on... Major currencies have to be regulated by some institutions to manipulate the market, but Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) is decentralized, so there is no such thing as regulating institution, or is there? I think that Wu just made the concept and created the blockchain (just guess)...
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:44:56 PM

Nope, trading is not only about guessing but you also need to find informations about news and gossips. Because new and gossips also affect the trading too. Good news can makes the things that you trading become increase at the price and bad news too.

Well maybe not directly but we make educated guesses and assumptions based on the "gossips" or information we receive whether good or bad and that goes in the long run to affect our trading.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 04:38:30 AM

Yeah I am pretty sure that it is just educated guessing. There is no way to be sure that the price of Bitcoin is going to go up or down. When you sell or buy, you are taking a risk as the price could continue to go up or down. Everyone that is saying it is not just guessing is pretty dumb. No offence.

But i think it is analysis of the trader. Every trader can guess about the price going up and down, then he buy the coin.
But educated guessing i don't think that every trader have it. Only analysis and get information about the coin which he want to buy, and It is enough for trading.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:12:53 AM

Well a lot of daytraders or short-term holders do that and to be honest it really works but not most of the time. It also depends where you get that info. Whether it's a reliable source or not.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:49:24 AM

Well a lot of daytraders or short-term holders do that and to be honest it really works but not most of the time. It also depends where you get that info. Whether it's a reliable source or not.
You don't need insider info because you can get news or information from the different site that always makes article about the coin. It is not that big deal to find reliable source, as long as it is popular then it will make change in the market because we all know that the cryptocurrencies are very vulnerable to the news so it is fast changing every news came out.
senyorito123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:01:44 AM

You don't need insider info because you can get news or information from the different site that always makes article about the coin. It is not that big deal to find reliable source, as long as it is popular then it will make change in the market because we all know that the cryptocurrencies are very vulnerable to the news so it is fast changing every news came out.

Its pretty hard to tell on what would be the real happening in its ecosystem while the real fact is its pretty hard to tell that we can earn by trading it since the news of the said coin is pretty much positive at this point. Anytime price moves since the movement is dependable on traders and holders for the said coin but its very helpfull to us if we have insider info unto it since this is the close information we can get to know what would be the next movement of the coin since devs can do anything for their coin wheter they gonna pump it or dump it.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:07:16 AM

It's just a privileged few that get the insider informations and so it means majority of traders make educated guesses and so they eventually find themselves at the mercy of the markets.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:05:41 AM

It's just a privileged few that get the insider informations and so it means majority of traders make educated guesses and so they eventually find themselves at the mercy of the markets.

Then would it be safe to conclude that the insiders make money out of even the best traders in the market? All they do is make educated guesses right? But the lack of information makes them open to mistakes which the insiders exploit. What does that make us?
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:24:16 AM

You don't need insider info because you can get news or information from the different site that always makes article about the coin. It is not that big deal to find reliable source, as long as it is popular then it will make change in the market because we all know that the cryptocurrencies are very vulnerable to the news so it is fast changing every news came out

More power to you then

If it were that simple, we would all be millionaires by now, but in real life only a few chosen ones can become them. All the rest has to feed on dust and crumbs remaining. If some source is reliable and popular at that, it is no longer relevant since its info has already been priced in it provided it does really give reliable, relevant and timely information in the first place (which is unlikely). Why would anyone want to share their pricey bits?

Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:54:59 AM

You certainly can not advance with guessing. Education is a must in this regard as it is in every case.If you are educated about   economic trends.You can guess a lot of things.But if you are not educated.Your guesses will surely make you profit loss and  economic damage.

Economic trends has no relation in crypto currency since it does rely on the volume/quantity of itd investors. Guessing sometimes are profitable yet it's better to read every updates so you can know which coin has a potential to pump.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:57:04 AM

You certainly can not advance with guessing. Education is a must in this regard as it is in every case.If you are educated about   economic trends.You can guess a lot of things.But if you are not educated.Your guesses will surely make you profit loss and  economic damage.

Economic trends has no relation in crypto currency since it does rely on the volume/quantity of itd investors. Guessing sometimes are profitable yet it's better to read every updates so you can know which coin has a potential to pump.

I agree. reading and studying to make good decision is appliccable to alt trading. you never know if the coins you deal with will make a good run or not and no one ca ever predict accurately though if you prepare and research on it then you have a very good chance of making a good prediction

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:21:59 AM

I agree. reading and studying to make good decision is appliccable to alt trading. you never know if the coins you deal with will make a good run or not and no one ca ever predict accurately though if you prepare and research on it then you have a very good chance of making a good prediction
There is no difference in any technique in trading, Between trading stocks, currency, and even altcoin all laws, indicators, trends apply to one. That is the beauty of trading because once you master it it can be applicable to all. But Trading is still hard to master even if you know what you are doing there is still a chance that the opposite will happen.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: