Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189394 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:18:34 AM

SPR has just reached the eight million supply mark , any news about the snap shop? And please if ever ready, indicate how HLM would be redeemed.

The snap shot isn't based on when SPR hits 8 million supply. That is just a ballpark number for how many Helium will need to be created for when the snapshot happens.

Any news on Bittrex whether they can do the transaction for the exchange. If not will need notice to move SPR to personal wallet.

We're still at least a couple months away. Lots of time to get this worked out yet.

Thanks @bimmerhead

Just to clarify if you haven't been on slack. Master Nodes come first and we'll aim to get several thousand up before we fork off the DASH core releases. This also gives us an opportunity to test and merge the payment accounts to be run on the master nodes, to which we will build some extra features which will be patented.

But the upfront effort going on now is on getting a long-term Service Node strategy in play - we have a strategy, we are now setting it in motion - so we can let it build momentum while we switch effort back to growing a stable Master Node network. We are sticking pretty close to the white paper on the Service Node front.

In short:

* Miners will secure the network
* Master Nodes will enable payment networks
* Service Nodes will generate revenue that will support miners income, Master Node income and long-term development funding.  This keeps fees down, but also secures the network's funding model.

We can't have one thing from the above and not another. As Service Nodes will underpin everything, we are focused on that right now.

If you are interested, feel free to have a say on the wallet designs while the wallets are being tested offline right now.

Slack channel access is in the OP. See you there for a chat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KLONE

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:45:01 AM

How many coins needed for a masternode?
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:07:55 PM

SPR has just reached the eight million supply mark , any news about the snap shop? And please if ever ready, indicate how HLM would be redeemed.

The snap shot isn't based on when SPR hits 8 million supply. That is just a ballpark number for how many Helium will need to be created for when the snapshot happens.

Any news on Bittrex whether they can do the transaction for the exchange. If not will need notice to move SPR to personal wallet.

We're still at least a couple months away. Lots of time to get this worked out yet.

Thanks @bimmerhead

Just to clarify if you haven't been on slack. Master Nodes come first and we'll aim to get several thousand up before we fork off the DASH core releases. This also gives us an opportunity to test and merge the payment accounts to be run on the master nodes, to which we will build some extra features which will be patented.

But the upfront effort going on now is on getting a long-term Service Node strategy in play - we have a strategy, we are now setting it in motion - so we can let it build momentum while we switch effort back to growing a stable Master Node network. We are sticking pretty close to the white paper on the Service Node front.

In short:

* Miners will secure the network
* Master Nodes will enable payment networks
* Service Nodes will generate revenue that will support miners income, Master Node income and long-term development funding.  This keeps fees down, but also secures the network's funding model.

We can't have one thing from the above and not another. As Service Nodes will underpin everything, we are focused on that right now.

If you are interested, feel free to have a say on the wallet designs while the wallets are being tested offline right now.

Slack channel access is in the OP. See you there for a chat.

will a single IP be able to run more than one masternode ? If not, several thousand nodes seems like a pretty high hurdle to get past.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 07:55:21 PM

How many coins needed for a masternode?

We have settled on 1000 Helium to collateralize a Master node.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:13:26 PM

can we have more informations about the algo that HLM will use? a guy said x11 but i don't like that asic will ruin this, isn't better to do something new for gpu only to help better distribution? and what will be the block reward? not posted in the first post

jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:28:45 AM

can we have more informations about the algo that HLM will use? a guy said x11 but i don't like that asic will ruin this, isn't better to do something new for gpu only to help better distribution? and what will be the block reward? not posted in the first post

"will ruin this" for GPU miners that is.
I AM a GPU miner.
Devs need to decide (if they haven't yet) which way they want to go, and what they will be shooting for.
My view on the matter (as I stated before) is:
1. Miners are what matters for a stable (coin) network.
2. Mining decentralization is essential. Ergo using GPU miners will cover this.
  - There is more GPUs than ASICs, gaining popularity going GPU way would be quicker
  - the ratio GPUs/owner would be significantly lower than ASICs/owner (measured in H/s) - it means concentration of mining power in fewer people/nodes

The above is what my understanding is and is not based on fact, but on my interpretation.

On the other hand, if the goal is to go big and commercial (reliability and robustness) X11 and ASICS would be better, since I think "professional" miners (X11 farms) would be more reliable.

Either way - I am stocking up popcorn and waiting to see how it goes.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 02:44:43 AM

"will ruin this" for GPU miners that is.
I AM a GPU miner.
Devs need to decide (if they haven't yet) which way they want to go, and what they will be shooting for.
My view on the matter (as I stated before) is:
1. Miners are what matters for a stable (coin) network.
2. Mining decentralization is essential. Ergo using GPU miners will cover this.
  - There is more GPUs than ASICs, gaining popularity going GPU way would be quicker
  - the ratio GPUs/owner would be significantly lower than ASICs/owner (measured in H/s) - it means concentration of mining power in fewer people/nodes

The above is what my understanding is and is not based on fact, but on my interpretation.

On the other hand, if the goal is to go big and commercial (reliability and robustness) X11 and ASICS would be better, since I think "professional" miners (X11 farms) would be more reliable.

Either way - I am stocking up popcorn and waiting to see how it goes.

we are all for the gpu concept also ...

so much so - that we are developing two new algos to compliment the low end and higher end gpu markets - to add to our coins ...

if hlm is in a position where it would rather have a unique algo - rather than a 'stock' algo - then maybe we should chat more and possibly develop together ...

initially - we ( cwi ) were part of the initial setup with our backing infrastructure and setup ... but there has been no mention of us - or our part - and no contact has been made since coins101 contacted a while back ... its understood that busy times are just that - busy ... we are as is the team of hlm ...

either way - we are still interested in the project and still interested in gpu mining growth ... i personally agree with jjjordan withthe whole concept of pushing gpu mining to its limits ... asic is easy - and big - but not as readily accessible as gpu mining is ...

#crysx

nezto77

Activity: 868
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:53:45 AM

Where i can get helium?
Sorry maybe i have less update to read this op from scratch.
jjjordan

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:55:42 AM

... i personally agree with jjjordan withthe whole concept of pushing gpu mining to its limits ... asic is easy - and big - but not as readily accessible as gpu mining is ...

#crysx

That's the point - ASICs could be a way to go, and maybe not a bad one too.
It's just about an educated choice if a lot and small "peasants" like me or few but mastodon farms should be involved in the project.
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:58:47 AM

Where i can get helium?

Helium has not been launched . It will take a Spreadcoin snapshot to acquire Helium so better go over Bittrex and exchange for SPR of at least 1000 if you want to build a Helium masternode.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 03:03:17 AM

... i personally agree with jjjordan withthe whole concept of pushing gpu mining to its limits ... asic is easy - and big - but not as readily accessible as gpu mining is ...

#crysx

It's just about an educated choice if a lot and small "peasants" like me or few but mastodon farms should be involved in the project.

ok ...

if this project is as it states ... then a few farms will NOT be the thing that is looked at in any real capacity - as it means centralizing the mining power to only a few ...

helium is a well thought out project - it is NOT in the market 'just' for sheer profits ... it is for the complete and utter decentralization of systems - so that SERVICES are the core of its gameplan ... services that require full decentralization ...

this will happen to a large extent with a few big asic farms ... but this will happen on an enormous scale - if the layman and medium sized farms are put into play ... as more servicenodes / masternodes - whatever they are going to be called now ) propagate across the world ... mining is for network and coins - nodes are for services and coin ... together - they are helium ...

centralization of mining will be a backward step for the project ...

#crysx

Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:41:02 AM

Where i can get helium?

Helium has not been launched . It will take a Spreadcoin snapshot to acquire Helium so better go over Bittrex and exchange for SPR of at least 1000 if you want to build a Helium masternode.

Only 1000?, thats very cheap for a masternode.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
jjjordan

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:24:57 PM

#crysx

ok ...

if this project is as it states ... then a few farms will NOT be the thing that is looked at in any real capacity - as it means centralizing the mining power to only a few ...

helium is a well thought out project - it is NOT in the market 'just' for sheer profits ... it is for the complete and utter decentralization of systems - so that SERVICES are the core of its gameplan ... services that require full decentralization ...

this will happen to a large extent with a few big asic farms ... but this will happen on an enormous scale - if the layman and medium sized farms are put into play ... as more servicenodes / masternodes - whatever they are going to be called now ) propagate across the world ... mining is for network and coins - nodes are for services and coin ... together - they are helium ...

centralization of mining will be a backward step for the project ...

#crysx

Second that - it looks like that is the balance devs are looking for - algo (mining) would be very attractive for big time miners/farms and service nodes would be accessible for everybody (layman farms included). I think the opposite should also be true - mining to be non-attractive to small time players (accomplished with an ASIC algo), but also nodes to be less attractive to huge mining farms. Or to put it in other words - nodes to be very heavily decentralized. Like farms that are 10 or even 100 times bigger that others to be "allowed" the same amount of nodes. Something like that...
KarmaShark

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 01:21:12 PM

Absolutely love the discussions going on here, thank you all for contributing. Many of the good questions here have been answered however for those who are still left wanting for more information, please head on over to our Helium slack channel. All project topics are discussed there in detail, including the algo and the commentary behind the decision making process (we will be looking at the merits of branching off from x11 once we fork away from the DASH codebase).

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 01:23:58 PM

Absolutely love the discussions going on here, thank you all for contributing. Many of the good questions here have been answered however for those who are still left wanting for more information, please head on over to our Helium slack channel. All project topics are discussed there in detail, including the algo and the commentary behind the decision making process (we will be looking at the merits of branching off from x11 once we fork away from the DASH codebase).

slack NEVER works properly for me ...

linux - fedora 25 x64 ... ive always got issues with slack ...

this puts me at a major disadvantage mate ...

#crysx

KarmaShark

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 01:25:45 PM

#crysx

Coins and I are working on a solution for this given we wish you to be actively involved. Stay tuned mate.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 01:32:10 PM

#crysx

Coins and I are working on a solution for this given we wish you to be actively involved. Stay tuned mate.

very much appreciated mate ...

i will try with various browsers and see what could be the issue ... slack doesnt use any special protocols or anything does it? ...

is there a fedora 25 native app i can use - like i did a little while ago? ... the devs stopped the development and it was actually a damn good product for slack - scudcloud ... was a very nice very light app for slack connectivity ... but the repo is out dated now and i cant seem to connect with the original devs ...

anyone know of any 'decent' apps for fedora 25? ...

#crysx

RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:38:52 PM

very much appreciated mate ...

i will try with various browsers and see what could be the issue ... slack doesnt use any special protocols or anything does it? ...

is there a fedora 25 native app i can use - like i did a little while ago? ... the devs stopped the development and it was actually a damn good product for slack - scudcloud ... was a very nice very light app for slack connectivity ... but the repo is out dated now and i cant seem to connect with the original devs ...

anyone know of any 'decent' apps for fedora 25? ...

#crysx

Have you tried to use the beta for Linux?
https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/212924728-Slack-for-Linux-beta-#fedora-1

Or check this:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/package-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/A7N6TIZ35AYO2J72N2ZRJJZSF6GMSDNR/
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:25:26 AM

@coins101 @karmashark - some notes on the website:

Quote:
Helium is building an entirely peer to peer payments network, giving users the same services that an online processor like PayPal does, without the risk of having someone else control your money and information. Helium's is applying for several patents to enable the network to compete with traditional banks and online payment networks. The new approach will revolutionize the way digital currencies are used by ordinary everyday people, removing the barrier of entry to using cryptocurrency and offering the first ' killer app' to the blockchain space. The Master Node network is a dedicated group of computers that help maintain security by bringing a greater level of decentralization to the process. The Master Node network will also allow act like a savings account paying an attractive return on deposited funds that can be withdrawn at any time by users.

Notice the items in bold red.  I believe they need to be revised.

First item - doesn't need 's
Second item - doesn't need work allow

Quote:
Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) is quickly becoming the standard method of utilising the power of decentralized networks. Helium's cloud blockchain services takes the concept of Master Nodes and builds a robust economy around it, providing security and longevity to the network. All types of cloud services can be offered via Service Nodes, which acts as a support layer to the Master Node network. Using an Uber type rating system, service providers are rated by the network and by users to ensure everyone is getting the maximum benefits out of the being part of the Helium network. Service Nodes allow anyone using the Helium network to run a Bitcoin full node in the background by just launching an app on a smartphone. This greatly increases personal security by creating an encrypted connection between your smartphone and a network like Bitcoin, along with increasing the underlying security of the network itself. If service providers choose to offer different digital currencies, you would also able to run the full node of any other digital currency of your choice within the Helium Service Node network.

First item - spelled wrong - should be - utilizing
Second item - do not need the word - the
Last item - need to add the word - be - before able.

Just some things I saw - the website looks awesome!

MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:56:56 AM

I really am excited with what is going here at Helium. Devs are really crafting  an innovative cryptocurrency with exciting features that never seen before from other projects.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: