Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Siacoin Epic Monster Moon  (Read 76234 times)
AnCap101

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:01:25 AM

Dam OP was right about sia. ALready 10x from when he shilled it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MCBTC91

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:05:42 AM

Dropbox is worth $10B -- Sia market cap is $600M

The valuation speculation here assumes that Sia is more valuable than Dropbox? Why?
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:31:14 AM

Dam OP was right about sia. ALready 10x from when he shilled it

x10?

x26!

and in fiat about x45!

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:45:38 AM

It is hard to tell for sure how much it will grow but now a days every thing is being pumped hardly. Siacoin is still in warmup mode because accumulation has many days at Bittrex. Since yesterday there is already nice increase. My understanding is if we break 1k satoshi surely it will be on track to gain volume and value same time.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 09:01:37 AM

Well I guess I have to get back to my SIA again. If it is time to wake her up,I would be very very glad. 320K sia I hope will be fine for a small   player like me.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:16:38 PM

Is there a link to a source to confirm that there is an impending announcement from Siacoin?

When Siacoin makes a news announcement, where does it get posted, on their site as a press release?

Some people have been speculating in this thread that Sia could reach $.50 -- at the time this post originated Sia was around $.0005 since then until present there has been a 43,900% increase... In order for Sia to reach .50c that would require a $25B market cap.

Since the tokens which are currently being speculated on are the medium through which the network is actually utilized, it seems as if the token achieving too high of a price would actually hurt the networks function. Since storage is such a cheap function, how is anyone justifying the token growing exponentially at this point? Can anyone provide underlying math? That would be appreciated.
I share your concerns too and looking forward to some clarifications

The hosts adjust their price each month, so while the Sia price may change over time, the $ amount actually spent remains pretty stable. Also 50c is a while away, once they start taking significant market share from the big cloud providers is when this could occur.
Hedaelus

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:51:36 PM

Keep hodling guys. As I mentioned a few days ago, big news is coming this week....

Also, re: the post about Storj, they may actually collaborate with Sia to take advantage of their low prices, thus Sia would be a backend solution for Storj. Remains to be seen.

But for now, big week for Sia, and Siacoin hodlers. 

Stay tuned!
https://mobile.twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/877172219679563778 This new supposed to be "big"?
jhr1985

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:22:52 PM

My first post but I've been reading things for a while. I just wanted to join in and say thanks for all the information.
CryptoManiacHen

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:35:36 PM

Keep hodling guys. As I mentioned a few days ago, big news is coming this week....

Also, re: the post about Storj, they may actually collaborate with Sia to take advantage of their low prices, thus Sia would be a backend solution for Storj. Remains to be seen.

But for now, big week for Sia, and Siacoin hodlers. 

Stay tuned!
https://mobile.twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/877172219679563778 This new supposed to be "big"?

No. There's more to come.  Keep hodling for now guys.
Bananadoodle

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:29:31 AM

Cryptomania

What's your price prediction ?
Aquazi

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:48:19 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 02:22:51 AM by Aquazi

The valuation speculation here assumes that Sia is more valuable than Dropbox? Why?

usual non sense.

I don't think Sia's a bad investment but people simply do not understand what they buy.

So let's think about Siacoin: it's basically a platform where you can store and buy unused space on hard drives.

Now, let's think who is the consumer of such product:

-average Joe: so, average Joe needs space to backup some of his files. He can get 15GB for free. If it's not enough he can easily rent one terabyte for around 7$/month. Still not enough? Dropbox can provide him with unlimited space for 15$/month.

How in the hell can Sia address him with complicated and unreliable storage?

Dropbox can guarantee a 99.9999% uptime if not more, average joe hosting on sia network? Generally below 95% (which automatically excludes most business cases for data storage).

Look at complicate to use Sia for the guy is: he's expected to go on exchange, buy bitcoins, trade them with sia, install wallet, create keys, withdraw to the exact wallet, find host.

Now he can finally pay:

Let's see Sia's rates:

http://siahub.info/

5,80$ average for 1TB/month and this does not include bandwidth. And the average uptime of sia hosts is way below 90 % and you have a serious risk of losing your data.

Dropbox can offer you 1 TB a 7$ without all of that hassle and 6TB (200 GB/day) of bandwidth.

Now, ask yourselves, can Sia (at the moment) compete with those prices?

No.

And if you think it could in the future, I have an answer for that later.

Can Sia offer the same support, uptime, ease of use, backups, commenting, phone support, office integration, live sharing, ecc?

No.

I could go long and long and tell you why Sia isn't absolutely an option for business and enterprise. Business can either store data in house or put it in a clod where it's easier and safer to use and has virtually no downtime (also Sia's is absolutely not fit for database and bigdata, it's more of a backup service). How much upload bandwidth average Joe has also? I can download at very fast speeds gigabytes of data from amazon/dropbox, only limited by my network. But how do you actually expect somebody to host files on your computer with your limited bandwidth? Also, most business can get tax reductions for their business costs (it's the case in Italy, my country). Who's gonna bill "Saint Mary's hospital" for 150 terabyte of storage on sia network?

Really, tell me what's the real case use of siacoin.

Now, let's take this from the point of view of the hosts (the actual users like me and you that want to be paid for giving up the space on their disks).

Only 2 % of the sia storage's used right now.. and check how much space: 25.7 Terabyes as I write. I have 4 terabytes on my own computer.

That is, the entire sia network right now stores the equivalent of 10 desktop computers, and the equivalent of 600 $ worth of hard drives.

But let's talk about the hosts. A 1 terabyte hard drive costs around 45 $ and earns you 5.80$ a month. That's an 8 months ROI, quite high for cryptos right now, and I'll ignore the fact that to run a hard drive you actually need a computer around it, constantly up. You're also fighting to host this data with thousands of users constantly undercutting it.

Now, if you have more than 36 hours of downtime a month (so below 95%) your likelihood of being a host goes very low for months (because Sia network ranks you very poorly).

So you invested 45$, probably more, for a small chance to host somebody's files for around 5$ a month hoping he'll also download and upload a bit so you get also siacoins for bandwidth (maybe another 5 $, top).

This may start looking good, but honestly, are you gonna give up on gaming because somebody's uploading 10 hours.

And the current marketcap for Sia coin is more than half a billion USD.

So, all in all we have:

-a technology that does not appeal neither to the average consumer nor most certainly business users for whom data has very high value (even if it's the third backup of a database or something).

-a technology that hardly rewards average Joe. Nobody's storing their files on sia network right now, probably only few people that have thousands of sia mined/bought at 30 sats that want to test the technology. Also, you can make 3/4 times more by mining bursts on your computer.

-a market cap of 500 billions for a real network use of 27 terabyes. You can get 30 terabytes on dropox for 15 $, not 500 billions. You can rent 27 terabytes of space on amazon for 337 dollars/month with reduced use (and holy fuck who'd use sia network for constant up/down streams, it's not going to host databases).

So you expect the price to go higher?

Maybe, but Siacoin has really no appeal to anybody. To conclude:

to be profitable for customers (with all the bandwidth, support, integrations, uptime, limitations standard services do not have) it must be unprofitable for hosts (and it already is) while both of them are on a full-of-hassle with no benefits platform.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 02:12:40 AM

To Aquazi:

Sia is not meant for users like you and I. It's meant for businesses.

Sia offers this:

1. High uptime, despite what you say
2. High reliability, despite what you say
3. High download bandwidth, despite what you say

This is a perfect platform for multimedia storage, or any torrent-esque storage really.

So you are right, average joe don't give a shit about Sia.

But the average joe will be whom these businesses built around Sia will be catering to.

I would like to also emphasize:

SIA IS A CONTRACT COIN.

Not a storage coin, like many incorrectly assume (even me)! Read the whitepaper.

This means it can be used for more than just storage - for what else, not sure, but I'll be sure to give an update once I figure out something practical.

FibonacciCoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:22:41 AM

Well ... there's a different between 200 and 1000 percent - but:
We will see.

You're right.  

If you followed my Decred call, you have 10x more money than you put in.

If you followed my Lisk call, you have 2x more money than you put in.

People that followed this call already have 20% more money than they put in.

But what do I know? Wink

Can you think of any bad calls you may have made? Cheesy
Aquazi

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:31:20 AM

To Aquazi:

Sia is not meant for users like you and I. It's meant for businesses.

It's not for all the reasons I told you.

Sia offers this:

1. High uptime, despite what you say
2. High reliability, despite what you say
3. High download bandwidth, despite what you say

1. uptime depends on the hosts, which are anonymous, contract free users like me and you. You can store all your data on my pc, then I just realize I make much more on burst coins and who cares.

2. What? What do you mean by reliability.

3. How? Download bandwidth depends on a connection between me and you, and I doubt neither of us has a network comparable to professional services which have multi hundreds gigabits of connections.

Do you really believe a business is going to host files on Joe's computer that will download a terabyte in 30 hours?

Also, as I already pointed out:

-you can't detax your expenses on Sia network, no bills.

-sia is absolutely unfit do database storage

-professional services backup your data (and store it for longer than contract), there's basically no risk of losing your files on amazon/azure/ecc. If your host goes offline, he's gone.

-for sia to have nice prices for customers, it needs to have shit prices for hosts. That's a fact, period.

This is a perfect platform for multimedia storage, or any torrent-esque storage really.

So it solves a problem that has already free alternatives. It solves a non existing problem.

SIA IS A CONTRACT COIN.

Not a storage coin, like many incorrectly assume (even me)! Read the whitepaper.

This means it can be used for more than just storage - for what else, not sure, but I'll be sure to give an update once I figure out something practical.

And it's not a valid alternative to better coins that have exactly this purpose.

You're free to believe in what you want, but you can bring no valid logic to counter my arguments.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
papajamba

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:46:20 AM

usual non sense.

I don't think Sia's a bad investment but people simply do not understand what they buy.

So let's think about Siacoin: it's basically a platform where you can store and buy unused space on hard drives.

-average Joe: so, average Joe needs space to backup some of his files. He can get 15GB for free. If it's not enough he can easily rent one terabyte for around 7$/month. Still not enough? Dropbox can provide him with unlimited space for 15$/month.

Dropbox can guarantee a 99.9999% uptime if not more, average joe hosting on sia network? Generally below 95% (which automatically excludes most business cases for data storage).

Look at complicate to use Sia for the guy is: he's expected to go on exchange, buy bitcoins, trade them with sia, install wallet, create keys, withdraw to the exact wallet, find host.

Now he can finally pay:

Let's see Sia's rates:

5,80$ average for 1TB/month and this does not include bandwidth. And the average uptime of sia hosts is way below 90 % and you have a serious risk of losing your data.

Dropbox can offer you 1 TB a 7$ without all of that hassle and 6TB (200 GB/day) of bandwidth.

No.

Can Sia offer the same support, uptime, ease of use, backups, commenting, phone support, office integration, live sharing, ecc?

No.

I could go long and long and tell you why Sia isn't absolutely an option for business and enterprise. Business can either store data in house or put it in a clod where it's easier and safer to use and has virtually no downtime (also Sia's is absolutely not fit for database and bigdata, it's more of a backup service). How much upload bandwidth average Joe has also? I can download at very fast speeds gigabytes of data from amazon/dropbox, only limited by my network. But how do you actually expect somebody to host files on your computer with your limited bandwidth? Also, most business can get tax reductions for their business costs (it's the case in Italy, my country). Who's gonna bill "Saint Mary's hospital" for 150 terabyte of storage on sia network?

Now, let's take this from the point of view of the hosts (the actual users like me and you that want to be paid for giving up the space on their disks).

Only 2 % of the sia storage's used right now.. and check how much space: 25.7 Terabyes as I write. I have 4 terabytes on my own computer.

That is, the entire sia network right now stores the equivalent of 10 desktop computers, and the equivalent of 600 $ worth of hard drives.

But let's talk about the hosts. A 1 terabyte hard drive costs around 45 $ and earns you 5.80$ a month. That's an 8 months ROI, quite high for cryptos right now, and I'll ignore the fact that to run a hard drive you actually need a computer around it, constantly up. You're also fighting to host this data with thousands of users constantly undercutting it.

Now, if you have more than 36 hours of downtime a month (so below 95%) your likelihood of being a host goes very low for months (because Sia network ranks you very poorly).

So you invested 45$, probably more, for a small chance to host somebody's files for around 5$ a month hoping he'll also download and upload a bit so you get also siacoins for bandwidth (maybe another 5 $, top).

This may start looking good, but honestly, are you gonna give up on gaming because somebody's uploading 10 hours.

So, all in all we have:

-a technology that does not appeal neither to the average consumer nor most certainly business users for whom data has very high value (even if it's the third backup of a database or something).

-a technology that hardly rewards average Joe. Nobody's storing their files on sia network right now, probably only few people that have thousands of sia mined/bought at 30 sats that want to test the technology. Also, you can make 3/4 times more by mining bursts on your computer.

-a market cap of 500 billions for a real network use of 27 terabyes. You can get 30 terabytes on dropox for 15 $, not 500 billions. You can rent 27 terabytes of space on amazon for 337 dollars/month with reduced use (and holy fuck who'd use sia network for constant up/down streams, it's not going to host databases).

to be profitable for customers (with all the bandwidth, support, integrations, uptime, limitations standard services do not have) it must be unprofitable for hosts (and it already is) while both of them are on a full-of-hassle with no benefits platform.

your fundamentals are sound.
but right now, people dont need the fundamentals but are relying on announcements and news to pump and profit from sia and most coins  Grin 
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:07:00 AM

usual non sense.

Now he can finally pay:

Let's see Sia's rates:

No.

No.

So, all in all we have:

your fundamentals are sound.
but right now, people dont need the fundamentals but are relying on announcements and news to pump and profit from sia and most coins  Grin 

You guys are a little behind the curve on this one, it should be sitting on the edge of the dump any moment now.  I guess maybe they are riding it out a little longer, but with the fact that the coins value has been moved lately based solely on manipulation is going to make things more and more fun as the week moves forward.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Tolrem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:50:09 AM

You guys are a little behind the curve on this one, it should be sitting on the edge of the dump any moment now.  I guess maybe they are riding it out a little longer, but with the fact that the coins value has been moved lately based solely on manipulation is going to make things more and more fun as the week moves forward.

I'm going to dump it after the news. Or around then. It's a pie in the sky idea. A great one, but, it's just not going to happen on a reasonable time table.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:17:36 AM

Damn every single of your call has always been spot fuckin on! Thanks!!

Quoted for the truth, you psychic or something or what's up....?  Huh
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:34:22 PM

Let's see where SIA gets tomorrow , there seems to be an upside trend
Bananadoodle

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:41:23 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/SiaTechHQ/status/877964054999965696

Interesting read

I wonder if this was the big announcement ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: