Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:46:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Viacoin (VIA) - Safe | Segwit | Lightning Network | Auxpow | Fast  (Read 381952 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:10:56 PM

Some whale successfully pushed the price down but seems he fails to push it back up lol

Yeah I noticed that too. Hopefully more whales can pump this coin back up soon. It's sucks seeing all these other altcoin pumping while via continued to fall.

It's interesting that Litecoin also gets stuck while all the altcoins rise. Are Viacoin and Litecoin too similar?

I wouldn't say so. In the end it's not only market forces, but also whale games. And I am certain that VIA has some whales on board, which, in my opinion, is a good thing as long as you as an investor know how to deal with that. We are all good! Smiley

Definitely the whales manipulating this coin. They've been holding it up with a 5btc sell order to get others to panic sell, and of course they're falling right into their trap.

For sure, but as I said, having whales on board is a good sign rather than a bad sign. Any person with deep pockets and bags loaded full with VIA wants a great exit.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
kinng113

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:25:44 AM

Wow it fell below pre segwit price, whats going on with this coin. Really thought it would at least remain stable in the 1.20-1.30 range
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:59:28 AM

Wow it fell below pre segwit price, whats going on with this coin. Really thought it would at least remain stable in the 1.20-1.30 range

If you look at all the alts on poloniex right now, VIA is actually in the top 40% in regards to which coins have retained the most of their value tonight. VIA is currently down 13% the average coin is down closer to 17% and the worst coins are down 25%+. All alts are losing value right now because of bitcoin's pump.

At one point tonight ETH was down 40%. It's down 13% tonight as well but I don't think people are questioning the future of ETH. You just gotta ride the alt wave when bitcoin is surging.
btsfreak

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:39:59 AM

According to coinmarketcap, the circulating supply is 22,786,036 coins. The opening post says that the total amount will be 23 million. So the maximum amount will be reached very soon. What are the plans after the limit was achieved? Will the coin be switched to PoS. Unfortunately I could not find any information.
Right now, I own some Viacoins and I consider to increase the amount but I would like to know what are the plans after max limit reach.

VIA is merge mined which means the miners do not make their money from new coins created in the mining process. Thats why it doesnt really matter if max coin cap is reached or not.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:54:22 AM

great to hear that OTOH btw what is market making? is it like having large amounts of coins?
i got 250k VIAS and would be interested too

cheers

Yep, it's basically committing to the Exchange that you will put up a bunch of bids and asks on their order book, say 50 BTC worth of each either side of the spot price, maybe 1 BTC at 1% away each side, 2 BTC at 2% etc or whatever you're happy with, in order to provide liquidity for the Exchange and anyone wishing to trade there.

Sometimes they may offer you a lower, or zero, commission rate for doing this as well.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:54:15 AM

great to hear that OTOH btw what is market making? is it like having large amounts of coins?
i got 250k VIAS and would be interested too

cheers

Yep, it's basically committing to the Exchange that you will put up a bunch of bids and asks on their order book, say 50 BTC worth of each either side of the spot price, maybe 1 BTC at 1% away each side, 2 BTC at 2% etc or whatever you're happy with, in order to provide liquidity for the Exchange and anyone wishing to trade there.

Sometimes they may offer you a lower, or zero, commission rate for doing this as well.

I would be able to be part of this.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Asimmo

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:16:09 PM

After segwit, what`s the next big thing for Via? what we are waiting for in the nearest future?

The launch of Lightning Network, allowing atomic cross chain transactions.

When to expect lightening network approximately?  Are we still depended on chinese guys? Smiley
romanornr (OP)

Activity: 690
Merit: 907

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:48:58 PM

Status: 0/unconfirmed, in memory pool, broadcast through 5 node(s)
Date: 12-Aug-17 16:30
To: Romano donation addie VftnVwpiUx2jb2vL1MBQYe8s17YYKqQZER
Debit: -1000.00000000 VIA
Transaction fee: -0.00111100 VIA
Net amount: -1000.00111100 VIA
Transaction ID: 91474d87c2929e54607b7acdb513af47a07eeca8b4db55f54d1de978ab36a214
Output index: 0

$1,110 value at time sent, many thanks for all the effort!  Smiley

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/via/address.dws?VftnVwpiUx2jb2vL1MBQYe8s17YYKqQZER.htm
Thanks for the donation and posting here Otoh !  Smiley
romanornr (OP)

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:50:16 PM

After segwit, what`s the next big thing for Via? what we are waiting for in the nearest future?

The launch of Lightning Network, allowing atomic cross chain transactions.

When to expect lightening network approximately?  Are we still depended on chinese guys? Smiley
No we are not depended on him anymore. (Btw he's from Thailand)
DOL006

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:04:09 PM

According to coinmarketcap, the circulating supply is 22,786,036 coins. The opening post says that the total amount will be 23 million. So the maximum amount will be reached very soon. What are the plans after the limit was achieved? Will the coin be switched to PoS. Unfortunately I could not find any information.
Right now, I own some Viacoins and I consider to increase the amount but I would like to know what are the plans after max limit reach.
The max amount will not be reached anytime soon. Not this year, next year or over 6 years.

what is happening ? I am gone for a week and price is crashing hard. I lost over 6 btc worth in via because of the crash. Will it heal or is this a lost case ? via needed to be over 150k sat already. Could it be that how good via is or will be the mass never will support via like it does with ltc or other alts. If yes how do we solve this.

best regards
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:24:23 PM

The max amount will not be reached anytime soon. Not this year, next year or over 6 years.

what is happening ? I am gone for a week and price is crashing hard. I lost over 6 btc worth in via because of the crash. Will it heal or is this a lost case ? via needed to be over 150k sat already. Could it be that how good via is or will be the mass never will support via like it does with ltc or other alts. If yes how do we solve this.

best regards

Bitcoin keeps rising. Most alts are falling. Don't worry, I too have lost some BTC value in my portfolio, much more than I had planned. Things will change. Look at it in reverse or forget it, this coin is not going to make anyone a millionaire overnight, not with BTC rising so fast and hard right now. Hodl on man! Cool

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:59:39 PM

best regards

Will it heal? Unless the entire alt market is over with, absolutely! Alts across the board are down double digit % today -- sucks for us holding alts but they will turn around eventually.
romanornr (OP)

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:41:24 PM

Transaction ID: 91474d87c2929e54607b7acdb513af47a07eeca8b4db55f54d1de978ab36a214

$1,110 value at time sent, many thanks for all the effort!  Smiley

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/via/address.dws?VftnVwpiUx2jb2vL1MBQYe8s17YYKqQZER.htm

You're a nice guy Wink

By the way Otoh, I remember you mentioned that you might be able to get Viacoin into the Chinese exchanges, how's that going ?

Ah yes, many thanks for the reminder, it was this post, I can't remember if I asked them about adding VIAcoin back then but will do so now anyway, finger's crossed:

btw, I heard from my BTCC contact yesterday that they'll be adding DASH and some other Alts in a few months, I must ask them to make sure that VIA is on the list.

"Hi Otoh,

I apologize for the late reply. We haven't introduced DASH and the other alts on our exchange, but we're planning to do so over the next months. I'll let you know once we do.    

...."

Edit, just checked, I had asked them back then as they'd asked which I'd be able to do some Alt market making on when they listed a few & I've now sent a reminder.
Thanks for the efforts Otoh!

For anyone new to crypto (or "Technical Analysis" guys)
BTCC is a Chinese Exchange https://www.btcc.com

I have to feeling a lot of people don't get this, but getting added to BTCC would be a huge deal. It will probably gets more attention than the Segwit adoption and activation.

And this is market making https://youtu.be/Guqs3eOgm6o
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:00:25 AM

I have to feeling a lot of people don't get this, but getting added to BTCC would be a huge deal. It will probably gets more attention than the Segwit adoption and activation.

STORJ went up 200% on Friday night off of surprised news it was added to BTER exchange in China. BTER is the #14th largest exchange by volume, BTCC is currently #12. To say this would be huge is an understatement.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 08:34:48 AM

wow BTCC will make this coin go 5x..

hope Otoh can help out here..

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:05:52 PM

You're a nice guy Wink

By the way Otoh, I remember you mentioned that you might be able to get Viacoin into the Chinese exchanges, how's that going ?

Ah yes, many thanks for the reminder, it was this post, I can't remember if I asked them about adding VIAcoin back then but will do so now anyway, finger's crossed:

btw, I heard from my BTCC contact yesterday that they'll be adding DASH and some other Alts in a few months, I must ask them to make sure that VIA is on the list.

"Hi Otoh,

I apologize for the late reply. We haven't introduced DASH and the other alts on our exchange, but we're planning to do so over the next months. I'll let you know once we do.    

...."

Edit, just checked, I had asked them back then as they'd asked which I'd be able to do some Alt market making on when they listed a few & I've now sent a reminder.

china alt big market:
bter.com
jubi.com
yunbi.com
yuanbao.com
plus.btcchina.com(aka btcc.com)
btc38.com(fail)
mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:29:43 PM

wow BTCC will make this coin go 5x..

hope Otoh can help out here..

How are you drawing that conclusion?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
ziyauddinmomin1@gmail.com

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:42:45 PM

Hello,

How to deposit VIACOIN on EXCHANGE from the wallet.

please guide.

azzzzone

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:08:06 PM

Hi guys,

What are the hard wallet options to store VIA coins?

I'd rather not use the wallet software provided on viacoin.org as my computer rejects the setup because it is unsafe.

What are the alternatives?

Thank you in advance

That's just windows 10 trying to be your Mom... Hit ignore on Defender's warning screen and it will install just fine. F*(*# windows!! Roll Eyes
Windows is blocking crypto to become mainstream  !  Smiley
Hi guys, I'm trying to get my wallet synchronized, but when I try it writes that the source of blocks is not found, did somebody come across that problem?
I've seen that problem. You can use the bootstrap or find on which block you are stuck on. Find the hash of that block, use the debug console
reconsiderblock "hash-of-the-block-here"
Hi, We got in touch with you earlier, I wrote you about my problem concerned with synchronization of my wallet, the blocks are not being processed in the course o syncronization. I did the same way that you recommend and at the first glance it works, but only or several blocks and then it stops again. Is it possible to roll the process of withdrawal back from the wallet to the exchange. To tell the truth, I'm dissapointed  in via coin, because I've invested good money in it, and the transaction does not appear on the wallet more than three weeks.
KindHearted

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:53:57 PM

You're a nice guy Wink

"Hi Otoh,

...."

china alt big market:
bter.com
jubi.com
yunbi.com
yuanbao.com
plus.btcchina.com(aka btcc.com)
btc38.com(fail)

Another chinese exchange with Polo-like volume for some alts is:
https://szzc.com/

The chinese usually demand bribery money for listing small coins.
Maybe its time to establish a token-based voting system in VIA where the owners of coins can vote for or against proposals (like in Dash), but rather having their vote weighted by the balance of their accounts,
if the tokens are still there when proposal deadline ends.
(exchange accounts or tokens which are in the property of exchanges should however be denied any voting powers, and for various reasons)

We really should think about introducing a constant, self-sustaining funding mechanism in VIA, by creating a VIA treasury fund.
It could be done by introducing a tax on miners, about say 20%. This way miners would receive 80% and the treasury 20% of the block reward.
If need be, we could extend maximum supply size to 25,000,000 or even 30,000,000 coins (or something in-between), and thereby increasing block reward, so the miners wouldn't get hurt too much.
Indirectly miners would profit too, by price increases related to a well-funded treasury able to fund the forthcoming of the project in many ways.

95% of all the coins suffer badly from lack of funding, because ultimately every third-party implementation or integration costs a lot of money.
But many projects seem not to realize or simply deny it...
Not to mention the urgently needed bribe money to buy away most resistance, wherever encountered.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: