Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:16:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 584 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing  (Read 444697 times)
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:39:41 AM

Master nodes surely will be dominated by entrepreneurs and big investors but we still can have good profit being early investors. Who knows may be later some renting tokens type things will be introduced to become part of nodes by renting your tokens. I didn't read deeply about nodes but saw this model in other projects in past. 
Yeah, They could do something like what Waves does. SONM team could develop leasing feature, Where small investor will lease to form a Node and receive payouts accordingly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:19:57 AM

Right now SNM is only affordable token being most cheaper in comparison to other similar projects. Progress is visible and impressive that is the reason I went for it to have more tokens using similar amount of money. Today I was looking at MVP again and found interesting material to read under prepared tasks button. It is awesome to re-read the interesting features there.
AlexSONMsupport

Activity: 283
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:44:57 AM

It's been a long time since I've watched SONM, practically from the ICO. Have great progress been made? Is there something to try?

Greetings!
The main changes can be found here:  https://blog.sonm.io

Stay tuned
SONM team
anirgu
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:31:34 AM

Master nodes surely will be dominated by entrepreneurs and big investors but we still can have good profit being early investors. Who knows may be later some renting tokens type things will be introduced to become part of nodes by renting your tokens. I didn't read deeply about nodes but saw this model in other projects in past. 
Yeah, They could do something like what Waves does. SONM team could develop leasing feature, Where small investor will lease to form a Node and receive payouts accordingly.

I agree with your idea...having a leasing feature along with gatenode+masternode would drive the price of SONM token further. I would like to hear from the team if there are any chances of implementing this feature.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
panzer88

Activity: 129
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:04:02 PM

It's been a long time since I've watched SONM, practically from the ICO. Have great progress been made? Is there something to try?

Greetings!
The main changes can be found here:  https://blog.sonm.io

Stay tuned
SONM team
Hello,
I have a question about the masternodes and will be very grateful if someone from the support will answer it.
I am debating on purchasing enough SNM for Gate masternode (100k snm) or even  Block producing masternode (500k snm) ,but
i am not sure about something i read on the Sonm blog post about masternodes :
https://blog.sonm.io/sonm-masternodes-details-draft-38edb5c81921

In the end of the blog there is a passage :
"There is another high probability, that with new Ethereum releases, introduction of PoS, sharding and other ecosystem improvements (such as leaded by Parity and Polkadot) we will have an opportunity to migrate to stock Ethereum and in that case we will not require our dedicated blockchain masternodes at all! "

If i understand this correctly it means that if ETH solves the scallability issue,  SNM will no longer need its own SNM blockchain and will migrate all of its operation on the ETH network.In other words there wont be need for any type of masternodes.
If that is the case dont you think that future investors like me who are looking to invest exactly for the passive income of the masternodes are taking a huge gamble, because all the expectations are that ETH will solve the scallability issue till the end of the year.
What is the point of having a masternode when it will have work life of less than 6 months?

Greetings

AlexSONMsupport , Can you comment about my questions too please?

Thanks in advance
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:13:18 PM

Hello,
I have a question about the masternodes and will be very grateful if someone from the support will answer it.
I am debating on purchasing enough SNM for Gate masternode (100k snm) or even  Block producing masternode (500k snm) ,but
i am not sure about something i read on the Sonm blog post about masternodes :
https://blog.sonm.io/sonm-masternodes-details-draft-38edb5c81921

In the end of the blog there is a passage :
"There is another high probability, that with new Ethereum releases, introduction of PoS, sharding and other ecosystem improvements (such as leaded by Parity and Polkadot) we will have an opportunity to migrate to stock Ethereum and in that case we will not require our dedicated blockchain masternodes at all! "

If i understand this correctly it means that if ETH solves the scallability issue,  SNM will no longer need its own SNM blockchain and will migrate all of its operation on the ETH network.In other words there wont be need for any type of masternodes.
If that is the case dont you think that future investors like me who are looking to invest exactly for the passive income of the masternodes are taking a huge gamble, because all the expectations are that ETH will solve the scallability issue till the end of the year.
What is the point of having a masternode when it will have work life of less than 6 months?

Greetings

You're forgetting one thing and that's the fact that a 100K masternode is currently worth about 20.000 bucks and a 500K masternode about 100.000 bucks. When the mainnets go live, I can see the price hitting over 5$ within 1 year, that is before july 2019. If you own a masternode then, even if its not running or at all needed for the network, it'll still be worth half a million bucks for a 100K node and 2.5 Million for a block producing node. Also, I don't think they're going to stay on the Ethereum network, sooner or later they're going to want to run their own chain, it just makes more sense.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
panzer88

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:38:28 PM

Excuse me but i know exactly what im asking and why im asking it.I see official Sonm support here and im asking him to spare couple of minutes to reply ,like he usually replies in the thread.I dont use telegram or slack so i hope i will get some answer here.
I have read this thread for almost an year and alot of people including you have made numerous of times predictions of how much SNM is going to be worth after sometime and you must agree that so far 99% of the predictions here have been wrong.And please stop all that nonsense about 10-15-20x ,it is getting childish.Sonm is just arroud ICO price now after almost an year so lets cut the moon talk.I care about the masternodes. Usually they are attractive  for long term investors, but how you can put long term in SNM masternode when in the blog it, says that SONM can remove them and switch to ETH main network in any moment ?
The point of spending 100k $ for a gate keeper node is that you as an investor believe that at the moment this project is really undervalued and it is gonna explode sooner or later and you are going to get passive income for the not so small risk you are taking at the moment ,cause you must all agree that 500 k tokens are really alot, even 100k too.
cr1pto

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:44:31 PM

Right now SNM is only affordable token being most cheaper in comparison to other similar projects. Progress is visible and impressive that is the reason I went for it to have more tokens using similar amount of money. Today I was looking at MVP again and found interesting material to read under prepared tasks button. It is awesome to re-read the interesting features there.

Sadly, all tokens are affordable now.
And they will be for a couple o months
AlexSONMsupport

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:22:31 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 03:31:13 AM by AlexSONMsupport

Excuse me but i know exactly what im asking and why im asking it.I see official Sonm support here and im asking him to spare couple of minutes to reply ,like he usually replies in the thread.I dont use telegram or slack so i hope i will get some answer here.
I have read this thread for almost an year and alot of people including you have made numerous of times predictions of how much SNM is going to be worth after sometime and you must agree that so far 99% of the predictions here have been wrong.And please stop all that nonsense about 10-15-20x ,it is getting childish.Sonm is just arroud ICO price now after almost an year so lets cut the moon talk.I care about the masternodes. Usually they are attractive  for long term investors, but how you can put long term in SNM masternode when in the blog it, says that SONM can remove them and switch to ETH main network in any moment ?
The point of spending 100k $ for a gate keeper node is that you as an investor believe that at the moment this project is really undervalued and it is gonna explode sooner or later and you are going to get passive income for the not so small risk you are taking at the moment ,cause you must all agree that 500 k tokens are really alot, even 100k too.

Greetings!
Thank for the questions!
 The main problem solved by SONM blockchain is the acceleration and reduction in the cost of transaction costs for users. (Here are the articles about the technical details of SONM blockchain and the new component of the system - DWH). The main problem solved by masternodes is the real decentralization of the system, as well as some moments of the economy that are described in the article about masternodes. We believe that it is much more important to run a fully functioning system and not depend on the problems of scaling Ethereum, as well as the high cost of transactions in mainnet. As shown by cryptokitties (and now there are other similar projects), mainnet is subject to the above problems. We do not want the impact of these problems on our ecosystem and therefore decided to go by the way of the Plasma-like sidechain (SONM blockchain). For us, the stability of the system is very important and we understand the entire responsibility of this step, as well as the problems that may arise.
 We also think that we should not worry about the rapid transition of mainnet to a new protocol, because implementing such changes requires a very careful approach, which (unambiguously) will take a lot of time. And it is unlikely that this will be 6 months.
 One question that we do not understand is why are you worried about the stake of the masternode holder? When the mainnet Ethereum (and SONM blockchain also goes) to the new protocol, the owner's funds will remain with him, in addition, until that moment he will already receive a certain profit. There will be no financial losses. Only moral losses from changing plans for the expected income. You must assess the risk of this investment yourself. We, for our part, give the data for this assessment.
 Also, we want to remind you that with the transition of Ethereum to a new protocol, the relevance of masternodes will not change, because PoS will be introduced. Of course, it will already be mastenodes Ethereum, but who said that they will not bring in revenue? Smiley
 In any case, we will proceed from the interests of the optimal operation of our platform, the lion's share of which is the interests of the participants in the work of the platform (customers, suppliers, masternode holders also). So you do not have to worry about this!
 We will be glad to questions, thank you, that you write to us!

Stay tuned
SONM team
panzer88

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:22:24 AM

Thank you for your answer and i have to say that from what i have seen you are doing great job here !
There is something that i didnt get from your reply:

"Also, we want to remind you that with the transition of Ethereum to a new protocol, the relevance of masternodes will not change, because PoS will be introduced. Of course, it will already be mastenodes Ethereum, but who said that they will not bring in revenue? Smiley"

Yes there are plans to be masternodes in Ethereum but when/if SNM switches its side chain to the main ETH chain, snm masternodes holders will not have anything to do with ETH masternodes, they will just have the SNM tokens ,just like nowadays.Or maybe i am getting something wrong here?

Also: "Only moral losses from changing plans for the expected income."

Sadly it is not just "Only" , because the expected passive income is the MAIN reason for someone to run a masternode of any type and that type of investor, generally is willing
to do it for the long term (years).

Don't get me wrong ,Im big SNM supporter and investor and i just like to ask these questions because they are really important for everyone looking to run a masternode.

Greetings
rebel.salesman (OP)

Activity: 396
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 10:08:44 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 12:48:07 AM by rebel.salesman

We've selected the most interesting questions that you made on Q&A session. Watch a short video with answers from SONM CTO Igor Lebedev, follow the link to get the whole conversation recording!

AlexSONMsupport

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

Thank you for your answer and i have to say that from what i have seen you are doing great job here !
There is something that i didnt get from your reply:

"Also, we want to remind you that with the transition of Ethereum to a new protocol, the relevance of masternodes will not change, because PoS will be introduced. Of course, it will already be mastenodes Ethereum, but who said that they will not bring in revenue? Smiley"

Yes there are plans to be masternodes in Ethereum but when/if SNM switches its side chain to the main ETH chain, snm masternodes holders will not have anything to do with ETH masternodes, they will just have the SNM tokens ,just like nowadays.Or maybe i am getting something wrong here?

Also: "Only moral losses from changing plans for the expected income."

Sadly it is not just "Only" , because the expected passive income is the MAIN reason for someone to run a masternode of any type and that type of investor, generally is willing
to do it for the long term (years).

Don't get me wrong ,Im big SNM supporter and investor and i just like to ask these questions because they are really important for everyone looking to run a masternode.

Greetings

Greetings!

Master nodes are not passive income, but active. The owner performs some work (assembly of blocks), and receives a reward.

We are only interested in the masternodes with a stake in SNM. We will choose a suitable solution for masternode collecting blocks when it is presented by someone from reputable developers - Ethereum, Parity or someone else.

Stay tuned
SONM team
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:18:08 AM

Exactly this master nodes thing is of future should be dealt as concept for now to not miss other important things which are happening. Here I mean to say Crypto-IaaS which is there for bug exploration and errors fixing  before being released fr public. CTO Igor Lebedev was looking very confident in talking on this achievement in previous question answers video. I am watching that in small episodes to get it well.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:00:22 PM

Yep they released their MVP a few months back and recently they are the main sponsor during Consensus 2018.

ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:49:40 PM

I do hope if the developer team decides to use a non-ETH token for the SONM network, they give us enough time for coin/token swap because crypto social media is quite noisy and news get buried most of the time. Thanks for reading this.

MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:29:38 PM

We've selected the most interesting questions that you made on Q&A session. Watch a short video with answers from SONM CTO @iolebedev, follow the link to get the whole conversation recording!

the link on here is from the january Q&A session.
Here's the link to the shortened video, which has the correct link to the may Q&A.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1003670070898380800

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
pydev7

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

SONM is one of the most undervalued projects for sure... awesome dev team, great idea, they deliver every promise on time, after livenet more real company will use SONM network... I just bought more token Smiley
mehar_gee

Activity: 504
Merit: 128

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:14:43 AM

SONM is one of the most undervalued projects for sure... awesome dev team, great idea, they deliver every promise on time, after livenet more real company will use SONM network... I just bought more token Smiley

yes still alot of under valued project. its price is very cheap still and looks at the total marketcap its was more the 100 million $
but now its at almost 71 million $ taday. team is working good on the project and right now i think developments is the main thing they focused on
and the marketing will after the product launched. that's how sonm team is making great product for the world
and i think we should buy more sonm tokens before the mainnet launch
jtalk
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:55:10 AM

SONM is one of the few projects are very close to launch the main net. Instead of investing in something else where development didn't start yet only on hype putting your money to wait for another year or more these projects are better choice like SONM. It is market's condition which still is allowing to pick cheap tokens even at this final phase.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
[/center]
lubreyzo

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:26:47 AM

When they says u "has to pay" i will pay..till they are not.telling anything fuck.them
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 584 »
  Print  

Jump to: