Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:01:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52261 times)
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:37:06 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

We shall consider that sometimes there is a loss in trading therefore I will sell my affected altcoins then i will start to invest for a new one because we need to keep going , we need to take action because the only person in charge of your success is you. Make peace with your losses so they won't disturb your future.  Smiley Smiley
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 03:04:04 PM

I try to stay calm and do a great research on the altcoin i lost alot on. If it has chance to come back up, is the team still actively working on it, does the product still solve some problems in real use case and then cut my losses and move on or just hold.
I do all that things but sometime dev working so slow. all they say is just promise
Well we think that the dev is working even though they're not is because the thing their doing isn't easy which makes them to update people slowly. Not all things are easy to solve.
Anyway, if you really trust that coin or that project then whenever there is a loss then you should consider it a chance to get more and wait for it to raise again to earn more.  It's all about trust and legitimacy of one project for it to succeed.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:51:18 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

We shall consider that sometimes there is a loss in trading therefore I will sell my affected altcoins then i will start to invest for a new one because we need to keep going , we need to take action because the only person in charge of your success is you. Make peace with your losses so they won't disturb your future.  Smiley Smiley

We should consider this kind of things in the very start, there are loss every where, whatever we are doing in our life does have loss, without losing anything, we won't have anything in return also, I mean, if we are not going to stumble down, then we are going to learn how to be strong, same in Trading, if you have lost something, your capital? then think of a reason on how you could get it back, and not going to quit Trading because you failed for the first time.
Taylorw

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:59:56 PM

During the whole September the most time I had to deal with loss. However I stil believe in price pump in the nearest time to finally sell my ETH, LTC etc. Which were bought in the beginning of September

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
     ▄█▀ ▄▄█████████████▄▄ ▀█▄

█▀ ▄███████▀   ▀███████▄ ▀█
   █ ▄████████▀     ▀████████▄ █
  █ ▄████████▀       ▀████████▄ █

█ ▄████████▀    █    ▀████████▄ █
▄▀▄█████        ▄█▄        █████▄▀▄
█ ██████▀▀▀     ███     ▀▀▀██████ █

█ ██████▄▄     ▄███▄     ▄▄██████ █
█ ███████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀███████ █
▀▄▀█████▀                 ▀█████▀▄▀

█ ▀███▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▀███▀ █
  █ ▀██      █████████      ██▀ █
   █ ▀██▄  ▄███████████▄  ▄██▀ █

█▄ ▀███████████████████▀ ▄█
     ▀█▄ ▀▀█████████████▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
Nyuska1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 05:55:37 PM

During the whole September the most time I had to deal with loss. However I stil believe in price pump in the nearest time to finally sell my ETH, LTC etc. Which were bought in the beginning of September

These are not worst alts.)
I have in my bag such presents, as LBC, ETC, GBYTE, DGB and so on... And that's really sad...(

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:28:02 AM

You won't have to deal with any loss if you don't make shitty investments like throwing dice in the first place. Investing in shitcoins has a price. Drink a nice glass of cold water and swallow it with your "lose" pill. It will make you smarter next time.

I don't know why you mentioned DICE here, we're here on the Trading Discussion and not on the Gambling Discussion, the loss that we are talking about here is loss of profits in Trading altcoins. So getting back to the topic, dealing loses in Trading is a hard thing to do, especially when you have invested big amount of money on that coin, so, to deal with it, I'm just accepting the fact that I missed the opportunity to have bigger profits by not selling it on its PUMP state.

And I'm going to hold it again and wait for another PUMP to sell it and buy another token that I will be using on my next Trade.
octopus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:46:37 AM

I'm not deal with it. just accept it. I can do anything to get money back so can't sad forever. Must calm and back to trading.

traccdev

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:48:47 AM

When there is investment > there is risk.
When there is risk > there is reward.
Where there is reward > there is a risk of loosing.

This is a fact an dan investor has to accept them.
nthoangga

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

PLAYGAME.com

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:08:13 AM

When there is investment > there is risk.
When there is risk > there is reward.
Where there is reward > there is a risk of loosing.

This is a fact an dan investor has to accept them.
Smiley) just like we known if girlfriend cheat on us we don't need to be sad but the truth is we always sad

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:46:05 AM

I have in my bag such presents, as LBC, ETC, GBYTE, DGB and so on... And that's really sad...(

Don't have any options you have to keep those coins in your bag until the price of these coins grow. If you sell it now, you will get a loss. But in your coins, ETC will recover it very soon once the bitcoin price cross once again $4k margin then this coin will come up other coins I don't have any idea.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 10:46:59 AM

I just keep going. Hold those coins. It is just really sad when almost 50% loss on particular coin

Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:03:07 PM

In every loss or failure you learn a new lesson. And you should always take note of these lessons so you won't fail again for the same reason. Whenever you lose, don't lose your motivation to try again, get up and become better.
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:06:20 PM

I deal with it like I deal with a win. It is all part of trading.

If you feel bad this isn't for you.

It is direct hit answer, and I think that should be it. Sometimes being loss for a while makes trading more exciting than any of the once you've always bored to do. We may even be tired of things that goes around every time and the thrill is much lesser. Losing is not a sign of weakness but a manifestation of being human. We tend to force ourselves to be the perfect one that we can't be.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:10:25 PM

In my opinion, you should forget about the losses and move on. Trading is an irreversible process. Once you incur losses, the trade can not be reversed or cancelled.
You are right but what we can do is to try to learn from our mistakes and bad decisions which lead us to loss at all. Be patient, don’t get panic because of your loss. Try to control your emotions. You can recover your losses in no time through bitcoins by making correct use of your analytical abilities.
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:51:51 PM

Losses are inevitable. You can never always have a win except you can see the future.
Trading is a game of prediction coupled with skills and knowledge to make the right prediction. However, this does not give you guarantee you will never lose but a guarantee that they will be limited.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
magz

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:39:02 PM

Before you cut your losses, determine first if your investment in alts are still good. Search for updates or news about why it goes down. Then assess whether you have to cut loss or hodl.

███ TWITTER WapSwap Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT) FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
Fatunad

Activity: 2240
Merit: 353

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:40:18 PM

Losses are inevitable. You can never always have a win except you can see the future.
Trading is a game of prediction coupled with skills and knowledge to make the right prediction. However, this does not give you guarantee you will never lose but a guarantee that they will be limited.
Loses cant really be avoided and as a trader we would really experience such thing but as you said we cant avoid it but we can lessen it if we did really use our knowledge and skills on trading.Dealing with loss will really be hard on the first time specially when you are still a newbie.You would really feel too much pressure and wont able to make good decisions along the way creating panic and sell out on cheaper prices.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bfons

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:43:26 PM

ALTs are a gamble.  To a certain extent so is BTC.

So with any gamble whether the odds of winning are high or low, you only play with what you can afford to lose.
Paper money

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:07:03 PM

You should get them out of your wallet as soon as possible because these altcoins are pretty useless. I don’t think so there is even a single altcoin that ahs power of generating great profit not even this eth is capable of making its investors happy. Eth also often puts people in loss.
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:36:26 PM

Well for me before i started trading I already conditioned my self and my mind that i am going to take the risk. What i do when my investment facing loss i do charge to experience and find my luck in trading other coins thats why i do not invest in one only coin i still have back up plan in case of loss.

Thought that you say is very appropriate, because it is the main step that we must have is the courage to take a risk. If we are a little hesitant about taking risks then it is certain that the investment will be a little disturbed and eventually will disrupt our focus on all the things that exist. The only thing we really have to have is self-control and analysis, otherwise everything will be bad.
Everything will be bad if you do not have a good preparation, of course that is the truth Grin.
In reality, every job needs you can prepare your schedule clearly, you can not do that = no money for you. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: