Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:29:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52261 times)
mastadonballs

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:35:49 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

Maybe I'll kill myself.
However losing all the Bitcoin I invested was a nightmare. maybe I will be trauma and will no longer do Bitcoin business.
Dying is not the solution for the problems for this you need to hold your bitcoin for future. It will give you high profit. When you lose the profit you should not complain for it just hold your bitcoin for the long time and you will they get the profit in the future but don’t be impatient in the case of the bitcoin.

If he is willing to kill himself just because get lost in trading means that he is not a real trader. Real trader should know the worst risk before start trading and know how to deal with the situation. It does not make senses to die because losing on trading, just a dumb person who cant control himself will do it.

i think this conditions is like what i face now. some of my coins had decrease in price and i have thinking how to deal with my loss. and it seems the only way i can keep my bitcoin had not reduced by selling my coins in right away before its down too far and i have this experience in the past. but i realize my bitcoin amount is reduce because i am selling my coins to cover my loss which could be too much.

This the exact situation which most of us are going through because we tend to make decision in hurry and end up selling bitcoin once the price dips and then keep holding to it when the price is sky high assuming that there will be further hike in the value of bitcoin.
So, why do you not trade in the opposite that? If you are a trader, buy and keep at high price only make you take more loss and your capital will disappear in someday. It also proves you are a noob trader, only become the food for others.
nasqar

Activity: 123

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:25:25 AM

If it is really a loss then
frist, accpet it;
2nd look for a revenge to gain another money in other or same coin.
It is a healthy market, be strong.
Coffee2015

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:30:48 AM

I could say there are 2 best ways:
1. cut loss but you have to be ready;
2. HODL,... I like it, it is the best.

Not really a loss if you choose HODL, but you have to be patient
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:36:25 AM

I have no choice but to HOLD it for long term or until the price will pump. This kind of problem is always that I encountered, after I bough some coins then after an hour or day, the price always dropping, it's very sad for me since I'm newbie in trading. Hoping to learn more here like how to handle or deal with loss in trading.
erep

Activity: 2296
Merit: 594

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:07:16 AM

First of all I never put all my investments in one coin. Diversification is the best way to be on the safer side. Even if a coin drops then holding would be the best option because some teams try real hard to get their coin to top.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:29:03 AM

I always try to know more and more about future of all coins related to that trade ..and if I lose i try to make another profit to cover my losses .Trading and investing focuses more in gaining profit through taling advantage of market's flow.
there is nothing special to do with the loss you just have to be confident on your investment if you have invested for longer term because loss is the part of the game and you don't have nothing to do with it. i think in order to deal with it you have to just analyse the coin in which you are investing by analysing its previous chart and performance and then invest in it.
Efta321

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:57:02 AM

If we want to wait patiently then we just wait. But if I should just sell it from not mended results at all. The point back to our own kalo we want to wait, wait just wait.
fredforthewin

Activity: 79
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:56:49 AM

Dont let emotion control when trading. either keep coin and hope for a pump later or pull out and eat the loss.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:12:23 AM

I always try to know more and more about future of all coins related to that trade ..and if I lose i try to make another profit to cover my losses .Trading and investing focuses more in gaining profit through taling advantage of market's flow.
there is nothing special to do with the loss you just have to be confident on your investment if you have invested for longer term because loss is the part of the game and you don't have nothing to do with it. i think in order to deal with it you have to just analyse the coin in which you are investing by analysing its previous chart and performance and then invest in it.

Dude what happened with your font there? Half of your post is normal, then it suddenly goes into a weird font like small computer/tech style or something.

Speaking of fonts... this is a side-note, but why don't we have an option to use a custom standard font on our accounts instead of the default one? It would be sweet to change every once in a while for some fun. hahaha

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:38:54 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

When I encountered loss in trading, I always telling myself that loss is normal in the trading. Because of the loss that I encountered, I have now many knowledge and I use it to generate more profit.
after lost money you will have experience in trading. then we can make money later. recover our loss
Experience in trading should not start with huge loss. If you learn to a good extent and you can practice some of the good stuffs you have learnt, your losses should be minimal and when they come they should serve as experience for you to learn where you got it wrong, what you did not probably do or what you could have done to avert it. That is how losses should be seen.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:47:02 PM

Dont let emotion control when trading. either keep coin and hope for a pump later or pull out and eat the loss.

Easier said but you're right. When emotions enter the play, you're bound to have more losses. It's advisable to pause from trading after a big loss. Allow yourself time to recover and remain calm. That's what i usually do to have a good chance of bouncing back

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:48:02 PM

I loose my shit Cheesy srsly though this might be one of the hardest aspects to trading :/

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
Coffee2015

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:27:03 AM

I loose my shit Cheesy srsly though this might be one of the hardest aspects to trading :/

LOL Good point.
It just looses and you could accept it,... it is the best
gameK

Activity: 50
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:20:32 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 07:48:43 AM by gameK

Of course trading is hard, cause if it's not hard then everybody are rich for now. Actually your money lost in trading isn't gone. It just transfers from you to the other guy who be considered as the winner. So i guess in trading it's not just price and charts. It's the fight between human vs human to figure out who is smarter.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:49:51 AM

When I encountered loss in trading, I always telling myself that loss is normal in the trading. Because of the loss that I encountered, I have now many knowledge and I use it to generate more profit.
after lost money you will have experience in trading. then we can make money later. recover our loss
Experience in trading should not start with huge loss. If you learn to a good extent and you can practice some of the good stuffs you have learnt, your losses should be minimal and when they come they should serve as experience for you to learn where you got it wrong, what you did not probably do or what you could have done to avert it. That is how losses should be seen.
this is what trading is because yes that right it is not start with a huge loss much better if before you go with trading is you have learn about it and make some study for before you go for you to have deal with loss.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:39:42 AM

I deal with loss by trying to cut the losses as soon as possible and then I try and breathe it out and take a break. Come back at it another day with a fresh new perspective.
I must say that this is a very good approach. In my opinion, you have to invest again with a new hope if you want to recover your losses. If you’ll lose hope and will quit everything, then there is no way that you can get back what you have lost. You need to learn from your past mistakes and you need to start again with more zeal.
You are very much correct. Loosing hope or giving up will definitely not solve any problem or help you get your losses back. Once you fail, stand up, cross check where you got it wrong, find a better way to do it next time and then put it into action. Nothing makes me feel better after a negative trade and I then come back next time, do it better, get back what I lost and even get more on it. That way I can always tell the market to go screw itself cause I am the boss Grin
bassong

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:50:24 AM

As a trader, you should set a stop loss, and always adhere to it. Trading is not only making profits, but knowing when to get out of a trade albeit in red.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:54:24 AM

Anyone who wants to earn money should be able to withstand losses Smiley i do not have any resistance against losing too much yet. But i comfort myself.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Mukulislam

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:21:12 PM

You should always have a strategy when it comes to trading, it's not gambling where you have to choose something and put your money on it and wait for luck to do something.I have lost some in trading but I have gained much more. Just stick to your plans and know your limits.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:58:22 PM

with closing my computer and going out Smiley
Lol. At least there is every possibility that as you are going out, you can get some inspirations right and come back with some crazy punches to throw at the market. Usually after a loss, someone once told me, it is better you go freshen your mind, relax your head, restrategise and come back.

The reason is because if you lose and you get a bit pissed after that (which is normal sometimes), there is every likelihood of it that you can make a mistake again since you aren't in the perfect mind then. However it all depends on all individual as some people just have some tigerish spirit toward situations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: