Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:39:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52255 times)
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 07:41:35 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

Unless my investment not planned for short term and not required for emergency purpose. I will hold my coins until its bounce back to peak or to a decent margin from my capital.
We know the market will be always fluctuating with profits and loses. So even loss is not permanent and the profit as well. We can hope for bounce. If the coin or a market is not troubled by any governments like stopping the exchanges for time being and implementing regulations. we can expect for increasing in value especially if you are bitcoin holder.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
enterprevic

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Healthpromag.com

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:25:32 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

First of all, doing your own personal research before investing your money won't make you run into a loss. But just in case the going turns bad I'd suggest you just just follow your heart at this moment because since a coin that's still just new too have crashed so badly, the chances of the price picking up are very low and as such your investment might end up going with it, so once you notice it's falling beyond the red line it's better you pull out so as not to cry at the end

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:18:36 AM

trade is almost the same as gambling,
as long as we are able to play with patience will be more profitable for us.
and in trading in predicting markets that may fall or rise is very difficult,
I also can not do such a thing,
because basically this trade has its own formula to be able to predict it
You are right and wrong at the same time. Sure, gambling is making a decision with the hope of a good outcome and we can relate it in a way. What makes trading not the same is that you can totally limit the risk of losing if you can do your proper analysis and use them to your benefit.

If you enter trading with the approach of gambling, yeah it will go up or it will go down, buy at dips, sell at peaks, etc... you will be doing yourself more harm than good and apparently, you won't be better off than gambling anyway.

Trading is a profession that requires learning and practice and in as much as you cannot ascertain the future, you can make right predictions with your analysis.
vandvl

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:59:02 AM

for me even my coin is dropping i still wait for this and never sell to loss..specially if i invest in big amount never panic as long as your coin is still there..just wait for a month or year..never loss hope..
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:04:42 AM

Well you really have to experience losses for you to succeed on your trading, personally i treat losses as a good experience that i can use for my trading skill. Trading with bitcoin will surely give you higher profit but of course you still have to be more careful when you are trading. Always trade with a plan so you will surely maximize your profit.
That is true , so you will learn something good from it right?
Experience hold a key role too here in trading , the more often you do trading the more experience you will earn.
And during the proccess you will know every situation such as when you get a loss , you have to be calm down and be patient to recover it all .

I am fortunate not to experience fatal losses, I spend more time trying demo trading and understand the theory more before doing real trading. If I suffer a loss, it is still within a reasonable nominal so the burden of recovery is not too heavy and can be finished in one day.
In the world of trading, you never lose. Either you earn a profit or you learn some good lesson which can help you in your future life. In case you suffer any kind of loss, then there is nothing to worry about. It is quite a normal thing to suffer loss and that too in trading. You need to learn from your past mistakes and you should start again with fresh mind and more motivation.

webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:35:45 AM

When i was new in trading, Everything was a disaster, I lost a huge amount of profit because i just invest immediately and not reviewing all the statistics and potential of a coin. I used to read good news about my coins when i am having a hard time dealing with my loss.
vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:40:36 AM

I have make so many loss since i join crypto trading...
but hey...thats a trading world
sometimes u need to loss to gain more
just forget your lose and make it as lesson learn,if u keep remember and regreat your lose,u will make a bad decision
keep learning to read market and dont make decision when u are under presure.

Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:42:51 AM

Just get over it! Another way to avoid loss is to set a stop loss and this way you wouldn't have to worry too much.

There are people  who don't easily get over or move on about a loss. There are people who become depressed and don't know how to get over it. The good example of getting over it is to think where it go wrong, hang out always with your friends or loved ones so they can give you some advices. A lot of other chances might come so there is no reason to mop about it.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:09:10 AM

dont need to do anything. why? because we dont have any magical to get back our loss so we must accept it. that's all
kafeelniazi

Activity: 280

Organic PR on Tier 1 media

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:57:33 AM

Win and loss is the part of game and trading is just like a game. So if you face a loss whenever then its time of learning. You can earn from loss and can remove your mistakes by learning from loss. Be patience and keep your mind level high for the next time.

"Unlock Your Project's True Potential with Leading Media Exposure: Get Featured on Forbes, Coin Telegraph, USA WEEKLY & more – Gain Global Recognition and Skyrocket Your Success!"
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:29:33 AM

dont need to do anything. why? because we dont have any magical to get back our loss so we must accept it. that's all
close your eyes nd pray that tomorrow some miracle will happen and everything that you've loss will be recover and with a bonus, there's always a tomorrow in every loses and mistakes that we did so preparing ourselves to face it will give us another chance, don't stress yourself just keep on moving forward and be positive in every single journey that you will travelled.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
katiecbell

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:55:55 AM

just smile when you lose, you'll feel better.

i lose many trade all what i do is shutting my computer, keep away from trading a while,

or i keep waiting for the market until he's health's back then i sell and i start again.

or if i buy an alt and i see it's dropping down i activate my stop loss option.

Good luck in next time.  Wink

To relieve sadness that's how to smile in sadness and calming for a moment about the harm Cheesy

yeah you're right,
the market doesn't deserve our madness, just take trade when feel calm, and when you can takes a wise decisions.
You can’t fight with yourself when you are not in controlled-emotions state. There will be more problems coming to you if you don’t play well with your emotions. Trading is only the game of buy and sell and that involves the decision making.

So if you are not mentally and emotionally stable, how can you make good decisions? So keep patience with you, be wise in your decisions.
Temik2704

Activity: 378

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:06:38 AM

close your eyes nd pray that tomorrow some miracle will happen and everything that you've loss will be recover and with a bonus, there's always a tomorrow in every loses and mistakes that we did so preparing ourselves to face it will give us another chance, don't stress yourself just keep on moving forward and be positive in every single journey that you will travelled.
What about a high lost - about 90% of it`s buying price? For example I bought ICN at 22/07 for 0.001903 BTC per one. Now it`s -88.54% (I was playing HODL investor). Do I need to close my eyes and wait for a miracle too? Grin

enwi

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 10:35:41 AM

I will face the loss with patience and control my emotions I will keep and wait until the price back up because I do not want to lose more, I will make my mistakes as a lesson to be more careful and smarter in trading
xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:39:12 AM

If you have invested some part of your investment and if the coin is worthy then you can wait for some time or else if the coin has bottom out then you can buy more and average the price and on rise of price when you are in no profit and loss point of time just sell your 50% coin and after next high price sell balance coin.

But if you have invested fully in a shit coin then better come out of it what ever is left and take a break and come back after some time and do research on some good coin and invest it. Other then that you can do nothing else but just to digest the loss which ever happened

I think, in trading, losing some part or all of it is always part of the risk of trading. Therefore, before investing in a coin, make sure to read and gather a lot of information, which could help indicate if that specific coin would legitimately prosper. Although, one can never be really sure, it would help to look for the signs which would point out to the success of an investment. In case of loss, I guess charge it to experience, knowing the value of these coins can change from high to low and vice verse in mere seconds, then you should take it as a risk of trading and accept if it happens.
cryptofangl

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 10:45:44 AM

I inspire myself that the losses are not avoidable. This is a fee for participating in the market.
JK47XdeCrypT

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:05:28 PM

Take it, feel the pain, learn, stand up, rinse and repeat
richkellj

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:00:16 PM

Actually losses in crypto, especially in ICO is not to big to care about. That works if you use just one but very important rule: "DON'T PUT MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE". Wink Wink Wink

Cool 8)To be serious, I'm hedging risks and if I start to gain loss, I put some extra money in other assets. Because 3rd law of the nature is: If something somewhere goes down, means something somewhere goes up. So the deal is to find that something at the right time)
Man, I don’t see any good reason why I should be feeling happy when a loss occurs, no matter the amount, nothing is easy these days, I hustled for it, even if it’s $1 dollar. Whenever I lose money in trading, I simply let myself get angry over it, cause loss is not a good thing. Let’s say that you keep on losing $10 for hundred days, you’re losing $1,000.
vegethegreat

Activity: 129

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:40:46 PM

If you are referring to trading you have nothing to do but wait till the value of your coins pump up. Before when I was new in trading everytime my coin dropped I sell it to avoid much loss but I found out that it is not the right way to deal with your losses. Patience and holding is very important in trading. You must not be affected and panic when the price dropped. Hold until it is the right time to sell.
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 01:50:03 PM

Be patient and try to improve the strategy in order to gain profits in the next trade, and losses in terms of reasonable trading because we know not forever trading will benefit.dan learn from the loss to be able to benefit certainly positive
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: