Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:10:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52261 times)
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:22:09 AM

The decision of when to cut your losses is one of the toughest questions in trading. Generally, some people will tell you never to lose more than ~2% of principle in any trade; however, it's not necessary easy to follow that in practice, especially when trading highly volatile markets.
win and loss is the part of game and trading is just like a game and good player is that who can learn from their loss because if you don't deal your loss with good impression then you are proving that you are not a good player and you will lose your confident so whenever you can face a loss then you need to find out your mistake and can find solution for that mistake so that in future you never you repeat your previous mistake and through this way you can become a success trader.
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:55:06 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

Personally, I think that there is no easy way in dealing with loss. No matter how hard we tell ourselves that next time will be better, still we know that there is still a chance for it to not work out or to fail once again. So, the best thing to do is to forget. As much as possible try to forget the failure, but always keep in mind and never ever forget the mistakes and the lessons learned from that failure.
Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 681

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:00:31 PM

For me i think we will not be able to avoid the loss, because the trade is very risky price in the market quickly change change and not as expected, but when I already buy and its price fall I will sell it for and use the remaining capital and wait the price reaches the lowest point, when it arrives I will buy it and hold it until the price increases again.
You have to deal with it because that is part of your journey as a trader and every time we experience loses we need to ensure we learn valuable lessons from it as that is a good way to improve our skills in trading. This is not a short term journey, in fact we should aim to be consistent because with that we have great chance to be profitable and we will be able to achieve our ultimate goal.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:11:28 PM

You do not have to deal with lost in trading it is not a gambling wherein you do not know the accurate results of your actions....in the first place all you need to do is gathered all your thoughts ..and ideas with your strategic ways be careful smart.
Exactly! The most important thing which matters the most is your knowledge as well as your skillset. If you are smart enough, then there are chances that you will not suffer any kind of loss. In case of loss, the best thing which you can do is that you can make some better strategy in order to recover that loss. Learn from your past mistakes and try not to commit the very similar mistakes in the future.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:16:45 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

Dealing with loss depends on which type of trader you are. If you are a day trader then you will probably look to take a loss of 10-20% and get out of that trade.
On the other hand, if you are more of an investor and you believe in the project of the coin you invested then you should hold and if possible buy the dips on the way (I personally do that ).

Lastly, i would say I have seen some coins going down deeply and never came back, so doing the research and sometimes taking some loss and getting out of the trade is a good thing to do.
dissgo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:42:51 PM

This is why you need to do some researches and believe the project with its team, its plan, etc.
Remember, "don't put all eggs in one basket," said buffett.
So, I just put or trying with 10-15% or 25% even maybe.
I just cutloss when it can be BEP or we can call it as no-loss no-profit.
SilenceOtherWorld

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:49:52 PM

it is hard to deal with a loss but you should look at the long time opportunity of the coin you invested in
Chooserforcoin

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:53:16 AM

you have to set aside emotions when you are in trading .when you lose just move on and be positive that you will get enough profit next time enough to cover your loss and put in mind that next time you should be wiser.study your coin before trading.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:40:41 AM

You do not have to deal with lost in trading it is not a gambling wherein you do not know the accurate results of your actions....in the first place all you need to do is gathered all your thoughts ..and ideas with your strategic ways be careful smart.
Exactly! The most important thing which matters the most is your knowledge as well as your skillset. If you are smart enough, then there are chances that you will not suffer any kind of loss. In case of loss, the best thing which you can do is that you can make some better strategy in order to recover that loss. Learn from your past mistakes and try not to commit the very similar mistakes in the future.

I would say that loss is unavoidable. You cannot avoid encountering some moments when you really experience the bitter taste of defeat in the charts. That is normal. No single expert in crypto trading that did not for once experience loss. What is important is that you will learn from it and get an additional good knowledge from such experience. We cannot predict with 100% accuracy where the lines go next that is why we have to be wise in investing.   
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:54:48 AM

Dealing with loss depends on which type of trader you are. If you are a day trader then you will probably look to take a loss of 10-20% and get out of that trade.
On the other hand, if you are more of an investor and you believe in the project of the coin you invested then you should hold and if possible buy the dips on the way (I personally do that ).

Lastly, i would say I have seen some coins going down deeply and never came back, so doing the research and sometimes taking some loss and getting out of the trade is a good thing to do.

By stepping back and focusing on something else in life. Just really taking time to feel out what happened and what you are supposed to learn from it. If you ignore it and push passed it you will continue to lose money as you have to be able to control your ego. If your ego runs wild then you send the wrong energy out into the world and this is never good for anybody.

BariaczRoni

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:41:20 AM

I always have stop loss, about 5-10%, i always cut loss with those target, no holding when altcoin go down.
gladiusnl

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:44:49 AM

There is a way to deal with loss. Don't chasing the loss , just stop or figure out why that is happened.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:51:30 AM

Trading is my hobby. I always act normal even I encountered loss. I know that having a loss in trading is normal and I believe that it is a part for me to become a professional trader someday.
This is really a very good approach. If you will get dishearten by suffering any kind of loss, then there is no way that you are going to recover your loss.

The best thing which you can do in order to recover your loss is to keep on trying hard and keep on learning from your past mistakes. You actually need to put in more efforts with better plan in your mind. Do not quit doing trading as this will not help you in anyway.
Exactly! Patience is the only key which can help you in remaining safe and sound in the world of trading. As far as my strategy is concerned, I take a little break at the time when I suffer some kind of loss. I then used to make some better strategy by keeping all the things in my mind in order to recover from that loss. I then put in my best efforts in order to execute that plan in an effect manner.

katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:55:57 AM

if I suffered a loss in altcoin trading, all I did was hold it and wait for the price to return to normal.
I do not dare to take too risky decisions like buying back the coins.
There is no doubt that we need a lot of patience to recover what we have lost. Trading requires a lot of patience to keep an eye on the market prices of the coins in order to buy and sell them when the prices are in your favor. It is crucial to accept your failures before you move forward. You should learn from your mistakes for not repeating them in the future. It shows bravery to accept your mistakes.
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:44:31 PM

My opinion in overcoming the loss by way of buy close at the time the price drops from the price we buy on the coin.
Chooserforcoin

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:58:42 PM

I will not think of any increase or decrease in bitcoin prices. I will only follow how many ranges that have been determined by the market.
tranle789

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:19:07 PM

I usually turn off the computer and think about 15 minutes about the current market. Then I started to find out why the price dropped dramatically, if this is really bad news. I will sell everything to stabilize my finances, if this is a whale pump or dump, I would consider buying more to wait for the price increase again in the coming time.
Oasisman

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 01:55:43 PM

Trading or Investing requires patience whether your about to lose or your on the verge of gaining. Usually when I lost, i'll punch anything near me (not human being ofcourse) and then drink a glass of water and relax for a while then ill get back in business like nothing happens, like im gonna take what I have lost, learning from my mistakes and studying/research more and more. But today, when the price of a certain altcoin continues to fall, its better to take what you have left than lossing everything, and invest again to another coins.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
artlanante

Activity: 79

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:59:15 PM

I usually turn off the computer and think about 15 minutes about the current market. Then I started to find out why the price dropped dramatically, if this is really bad news. I will sell everything to stabilize my finances, if this is a whale pump or dump, I would consider buying more to wait for the price increase again in the coming time.
Why you turn off the computer and turn it on again ? It was just wasted of electricity, just let it's in the sleep mode. IMO 15 minutes are not enough to think carefully about the current market, my advice is about 8~10 hours.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:50:50 AM

Dealing with loss is like being stumbled on a rocky road. Once, you have fallen, the only choice that you should only have is to stand up. Stand up and be more careful next time. Most of all is learn from the mistakes you have made. Quitting is not an option here, because an opportunity like this doesn't come everytime, so we should seize the moment.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: