Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:26:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417954 times)
Christopher761

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:12:21 PM

For your information...

Thanks for the info.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:43:51 PM

For your information...

Thanks for the info.

I just wanted to tell you that I use a motherboard of this brand and that Ubuntu 16 detects it perfectly, nothing more ...

I feel as soon as you felt attacked :-(

It was not the goal.
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 07:36:17 AM

Hello!
I would like to try altcoin mine with an automatic translation into the BTC. Which way is better?
ZPOOL, MPH or NiceHash?

If everything is clear with nacehash, but on the other(ZPOOL, MPH) can I switch with WTM_auto_switch ?

If you choose nicehash, you will undermine by algo.

If you choose Zpool, you can mine by ALGO, but also by individual crypto.

On MPH, you can choose on their web page to which crypto you want to be paid.

On the other hand, it seems to me that Zpool takes a fee of 2%, nicehash 3% and MPH 0.9%

As far as I am concerned, "I eat all the racks", that is to say that I do not hang on a single pool. It's more complicated to manage and check, but you'll find it quickly if you want to trade to sell your coins at the best time and price.

I want to use nicehash in the nvos, just papppi added them in the last build. But the commission is high 5%.

Can I switch the algo on Zpool with WTM_auto_switch ?

There is a dirty workaround to do that
You can set the coins information available in zpool in your 1bash to zpool and add them to auto switch coins, this way it will check with wtm and mine them on zpool for you.

WaveFront

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:37:49 AM

Hello,
I built a very crude SRR circuitry for a Raspberry Pi to remotely reset a rig or switch it on/off (The raspberry Pi basically controls an optocoupler connected to the reset and poweron pins of the mobo).
For the moment the Raspberry Pi just detect if port 22 is open on the rig. If not, it assumes that the rig is not reachable by SSH and reset the rig.

I see that there is an SRR scrips on nvOC, that looks much more sophisticated than what I am doing. Unfortunately there is no mention of the watchdog software to run on the Raspberry Pi.
Anyone can give me a pointer to the software to run on the Raspberry Pi.

Cheers

I have some code to share with you but the site is blocking my input.
Trying to contact with an admin about.

Ok, have a look at this and see if can help:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg22615430#msg22615430

I don't use Nvoc's temp control.

Here the latest version of script (removed reset bit and add var to use/not to use telegram alerts. I did not test the telegram bit so be aware):
https://pastebin.com/mcqmt9CF

It is possible to add code to nvoc's temp control (or wdog) and reset/poweroff/on the rig from a raspberry pi.
I just look forward to have a well configured rig and make it work stable instead of using wdog.
I do not trust wdog not because of the coders/scripts but because of so many gpus and drivers (from time to time they change the output of error codes, etc).
Hi kk003,

This is awsome!! I will modify the code according the my setup.
As far as I can see from a quick look at the the code, the script assumes a rig is frozen if it doesn't respond to pings. Is it correct?
In the past I had rigs that were clearly frozen, but were still responding to pings. That is why, instead of pinging I check if the SSH port is open on the rig using netcat:

Code:
nc -z -v -w5 $rigIP 22

(w5 is a timeout of 5 seconds)

Thanks again :-)
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 09:54:58 AM

Hello,
I built a very crude SRR circuitry for a Raspberry Pi to remotely reset a rig or switch it on/off (The raspberry Pi basically controls an optocoupler connected to the reset and poweron pins of the mobo).
For the moment the Raspberry Pi just detect if port 22 is open on the rig. If not, it assumes that the rig is not reachable by SSH and reset the rig.

I see that there is an SRR scrips on nvOC, that looks much more sophisticated than what I am doing. Unfortunately there is no mention of the watchdog software to run on the Raspberry Pi.

Cheers

Here the latest version of script (removed reset bit and add var to use/not to use telegram alerts. I did not test the telegram bit so be aware):

It is possible to add code to nvoc's temp control (or wdog) and reset/poweroff/on the rig from a raspberry pi.
I just look forward to have a well configured rig and make it work stable instead of using wdog.
I do not trust wdog not because of the coders/scripts but because of so many gpus and drivers (from time to time they change the output of error codes, etc).
Hi kk003,

As far as I can see from a quick look at the the code, the script assumes a rig is frozen if it doesn't respond to pings. Is it correct?
In the past I had rigs that were clearly frozen, but were still responding to pings. That is why, instead of pinging I check if the SSH port is open on the rig using netcat:

Code:
nc -z -v -w5 $rigIP 22

Since we are on RPi talks ...
How many rigs can be monitored and reboot/reset/hard reboot with one RPi?
What are the hardwares needed for multiple rig control?

I'm not much of a hardware guy but love to make a rig controller with RPi if its not too hard.

kk003

Activity: 117

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:13:46 AM

Hello,

Cheers

Hi kk003,

Code:
nc -z -v -w5 $rigIP 22

The script checks that temp room is too high, if so turnoff the rig, then wait 120 seconds and ping the rig again (it should be power off by now).
I agreed with you some times the ping is not enough to make sure that the rig is on/off. I should add the bit with netcat as a double check.
Thx. 
thaelin

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:44:36 AM

For those people who are considering to use a RPi as a controller, just remember it does use a micro sd and I did burn up two 64 gig
playing around with them. They work wonderful and you can do a lot with them but when the max write limit is hit, bye bye. Both my
Pie's are on the shelf with me wondering what to do with them.

thay
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 12:14:36 PM

I was having some issues this week with some pools and decide to rewrite the code for pool check in watchdog, it was supposed to be in v19-2.0 but we let it slide for that time.

It works almost same as network check but instead of checking for network it checks for pool and wait if its unreachable to prevent miner restart and eventually rig restarts.
Then After I wrote it I thought why wait and waste time when we can switch to an alternate pool
So I rewrite it again to add an alternate pool in 1bash whether its supported by the miner or not.
What left to do is to check the first pool and switch back as soon as it becomes available.

So here is my question:
How important it is for you guys to have an alternate pool?
And how important it is to switch back to main pool?

I'm asking this because I wrote the code for myself and to make it work with rest of miners and coins it needs more changes so I don't want to work on something not so useful Wink

fk1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:40:42 PM

Hi! I jsut installed nvOC 0019 2.0 but unfortunately since then I am not able to mine ZEC or ZCL anymore. I am not sure whats wrong, theres just no screen to resume and cat 5_watchdoglog says:
Code:
WARNING: Sat Jan  6 06:51:57 MST 2018 - Problem found: See diagnostics below:
Percent of GPUs bellow threshold: 100 %
name, pstate, temperature.gpu, fan.speed [%], utilization.gpu [%], power.draw [W], power.limit [W]
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, P8, 23, 50 %, 0 %, [Unknown Error], 76.00 W
    --noreconnect    Disable automatic reconnection on network errors.

--temp-target    In C - If set, enables temperature controller.
                     The workload of each GPU will be continuously
                     adjusted such that the temperature stays around
                     this value. It is recommended to set your fan speed
                     to 100% when using this setting.

--telemetry      [=ip:port]. Starts telemetry server. Telemetry data
                     can be accessed using a web browser(http) or by json-rpc.
                     If no arguments are given the server listens on
                     127.0.0.1:2222 - Example: --telemetry=0.0.0.0:2222
                     Valid port range [1025-65535]
 Example:
    zm --server servername.com --port 1234 --user username
CRITICAL: Sat Jan  6 06:51:57 MST 2018 - GPU Utilization is too low: restarting 3main...

I want to mine to miningpoolhub and everything worked fine under v0019 1.0. As I am trying to figure out I wonder what is the best method to restart the mining process since I am tired of rebooting the whole machine...
Rumo

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:40:45 PM

I was having some issues this week with some pools and decide to rewrite the code for pool check in watchdog, it was supposed to be in v19-2.0 but we let it slide for that time.

It works almost same as network check but instead of checking for network it checks for pool and wait if its unreachable to prevent miner restart and eventually rig restarts.
Then After I wrote it I thought why wait and waste time when we can switch to an alternate pool
So I rewrite it again to add an alternate pool in 1bash whether its supported by the miner or not.
What left to do is to check the first pool and switch back as soon as it becomes available.

So here is my question:

I'm asking this because I wrote the code for myself and to make it work with rest of miners and coins it needs more changes so I don't want to work on something not so useful Wink

I would totally f... love that ;-)

regards
Rumo

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:42:19 PM

Hi! I jsut installed nvOC 0019 2.0 but unfortunately since then I am not able to mine ZEC or ZCL anymore. I am not sure whats wrong, theres just no screen to resume and cat 5_watchdoglog says:
Code:
WARNING: Sat Jan  6 06:51:57 MST 2018 - Problem found: See diagnostics below:
name, pstate, temperature.gpu, fan.speed [%], utilization.gpu [%], power.draw [W], power.limit [W]
    --noreconnect    Disable automatic reconnection on network errors.

--temp-target    In C - If set, enables temperature controller.

--telemetry      [=ip:port]. Starts telemetry server. Telemetry data
 Example:
CRITICAL: Sat Jan  6 06:51:57 MST 2018 - GPU Utilization is too low: restarting 3main...

I want to mine to miningpoolhub and everything worked fine under v0019 1.0. As I am trying to figure out I wonder what is the best method to restart the mining process since I am tired of rebooting the whole machine...

MiningPoolHub twittert some problems with the pool. Please try another one.

To restart the mining process you can restart the console window. There is no need to reboot the machine.
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 02:48:25 PM

Code:
WARNING: Sat Jan  6 06:51:57 MST 2018 - Problem found: See diagnostics below:
    --noreconnect    Disable automatic reconnection on network errors.

--temp-target    In C - If set, enables temperature controller.

--telemetry      [=ip:port]. Starts telemetry server. Telemetry data
 Example:
CRITICAL: Sat Jan  6 06:51:57 MST 2018 - GPU Utilization is too low: restarting 3main...

MiningPoolHub twittert some problems with the pool. Please try another one.

To restart the mining process you can restart the console window. There is no need to reboot the machine.

Please post settings for your coins, it seems some settings mismatch to me
Also post output of :

Code:
~/nvOC report

JayneL

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:32:40 PM

Hi guys any 1050ti neoscrypt miner here? can u share ur Hashrate / CCminer version / OC i think i cant maxmize mine just doing 300-350 Khs per card

TIA
Joykiller

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:00:35 PM

Running into some weird issue with 19_1.4 New install, just keeps throwing an error and rebooting due to not being able to resolve host. Host/hostname is fine. If i connect a keyboard while startup, and cancel the reboot it works and mines tho its weird. Where is the lookup for resolving on the boot script so i can modify?
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:10:51 PM

So here is my question:

It's clear that luckpool has had a lot of hits this week. They probably have lower fee than elsewhere but their servers seem unstable, so I decided to go elsewhere, even if it costs me a little more fee.
When I look at MPH and the number of pools they have and I have never had a single break with them, all I can switch home, I rock it.

I also had troubles with Nicehash who all of a sudden Wednesday night began to refuse my connections to their servers ... So I created a ticket home and removed nicehash from my list of WTM switch ...

Your proposal to send to another alternative pool is a good idea, but I have another one: Why not try the second corner directly in the WTM list.

Obviously this only works for those who use WTM_Switch, but it must be possible to combine both a second pool and a second coin with or without the SWITCH WTM.
WaveFront

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:17:50 PM

Hello,

Cheers

Hi kk003,

Code:
nc -z -v -w5 $rigIP 22

I'm not much of a hardware guy but love to make a rig controller with RPi if its not too hard.
Hi Papampi,
A Raspberry Pi 2B or 3B has up to 26 programmable digital pins (the original Raspberry Pi B has only 17).
You could connect each digital output to an optocoupler or a relay and control the power swithch and/or the reset button of the motherboard.
Suppose that you want to want to control both switch and reset of each mobo, that would make that you could monitor up to 13 mobo (26 if you just want to control the reset switch).

You can also connect digital temperature sensors to the pins (programming them in input mode).
You can find pretty inexpensive ready made relay boards with up to 16 relays.

In practice the hardware needed for for controlling 12 mobos would be:
1) 16 relay module. There are many on Amazon, for example https://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-101-70-103-16-Channel-Relay-Module/dp/B0057OC66U
2) 8 relay module.
3) Usb power supply
4) Optional external HDMI screen, unless you are running the RPi headless through SSH
5) Of course, a raspberry Pi
6) Plenty of cables with female Dupont connectors

The standard OS for the Raspberry Pi is Debian (Raspbian), but if you prefer you can have as well Ubuntu or Windows 10 IoT.
The advantage of Raspbian is that it comes with all the utilities for controlling directly the GPIO pins, either from Bash or a high level language like C++ or Python.
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 04:21:07 PM

Running into some weird issue with 19_1.4 New install, just keeps throwing an error and rebooting due to not being able to resolve host. Host/hostname is fine. If i connect a keyboard while startup, and cancel the reboot it works and mines tho its weird. Where is the lookup for resolving on the boot script so i can modify?

Unknown Host is a known issue in 19-1.4
as soon as your rig boots and loaded the gnome-terminal close it then:

Either edit hosts and  hostname in /etc/ and make them same

Or better to update to 19-2.0 with update script :

Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyo86xoqotplges/nvOC-19-2-update
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC-19-2-update

WaveFront

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:25:01 PM

For those people who are considering to use a RPi as a controller, just remember it does use a micro sd and I did burn up two 64 gig
playing around with them. They work wonderful and you can do a lot with them but when the max write limit is hit, bye bye. Both my
Pie's are on the shelf with me wondering what to do with them.

thay
Hi Thaelin,
The original RPi used a microSD, while the newer RPi 2 and 3 require a nanoSD card.
As always, it all depends on the quality of the card you are using. I have for example an RPi that has been working continuously for the last 3 years as a temperature sensor without any problems.
The same kind or reasoning with running nvOC from a USB key is applicable, meaning that if you are continuously updating log files, or worse, using the card as virtual memory, you are going to kill the SD card rather quickly.
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 04:31:46 PM

Hello,

Cheers

Hi kk003,

Code:
nc -z -v -w5 $rigIP 22

Hi Papampi,
A Raspberry Pi 2B or 3B has up to 26 programmable digital pins (the original Raspberry Pi B has only 17).
You could connect each digital output to an optocoupler or a relay and control the power swithch and/or the reset button of the motherboard.
Suppose that you want to want to control both switch and reset of each mobo, that would make that you could monitor up to 13 mobo (26 if you just want to control the reset switch).

You can also connect digital temperature sensors to the pins (programming them in input mode).
You can find pretty inexpensive ready made relay boards with up to 16 relays.

In practice the hardware needed for for controlling 12 mobos would be:
1) 16 relay module. There are many on Amazon, for example https://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-101-70-103-16-Channel-Relay-Module/dp/B0057OC66U
2) 8 relay module.
3) Usb power supply
4) Optional external HDMI screen, unless you are running the RPi headless through SSH
5) Of course, a raspberry Pi
6) Plenty of cables with female Dupont connectors

The standard OS for the Raspberry Pi is Debian (Raspbian), but if you prefer you can have as well Ubuntu or Windows 10 IoT.
The advantage of Raspbian is that it comes with all the utilities for controlling directly the GPIO pins, either from Bash or a high level language like C++ or Python.

Awesome, Thanks a lot for the info
I have 3 RPi 2B that dont use any more because when 3B came out I replaced them for faster kodi
So I'm going to get a relay module and start playing with it, for sure I'm going to ask for more help on programming and connecting the relay to the board and ...

Thanks a lot mate
Keep calm and carry on mining Wink

CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:01:08 PM

For equihash miners, It's a bit off topic but it can probably shed light on Zclassic's violent and sudden rise this day:

Here is a news that explain the great raise of ZCL this day :
https://medium.com/chain-intelligence/the-resurgence-of-zcl-and-an-upcoming-hardfork-3ba65de3cf21

hardfok is comming on this currencie :

"While the fork wasn’t ready by Christmas eve, development is currently under progress and the date for the snapshot will likely be near mid January or the end of January.

At the high level, the plan is the following:

Circulating BTC = 17 million, Circulating ZCL = 2 million.
    The ZClassic coin will be migrated to become a Bitcoin hard-fork “Bitcoin Private” or “BTCP” by dropping coinbase inputs into the blockchain as a hard-fork.
    This way, holders of BTC (or BCH) will receive BTCP in a 1:1 ratio and holders of ZCL will receive BTCP in a 1:1 ratio as well.
    The community is still in the process of deciding the details of the fork, choosing between non-SegWit BTC addresses and BCH addresses.
    BTCP will regardless be a fork of Bitcoin, and the first purely privacy focused Bitcoin fork driven by the community itself. Its circulation will be roughly 19 million at the time of the drop."

I took my benefits now, this night. I hope i will profit of segweet2x BTC hardforkthis night too

Here is the continuation of this story of the end of Zclassic and the birth of BTCP aka Bitcoin Private

Their web site is online, and from what I read on the web, the new Wallet will be available from January 8
https://bitcoinpvt.org/?lang=fr_FR

I think I will mine ZCL this weekend and return to wtm switch right after.

When I think I sold 1.98 ZCL at 241 kSAT the unit and it is worth 0.01 BTC this day! Once again the information is really the key for the economy of cryptocurrency as for the traditional financial market.

Remember, they will pay for both ZCL and also for BTC because it is a HF BTC they announce.
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: