Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:17:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Sell  (Read 72351 times)
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 10:44:55 PM

My philosophy is never just hold or sell for the sake of it.  Everyone can’t hold forever or sell at exactly the same otherwise who is buying? I set myself a profit margin that I like as a return, once I hit that, I sell and move on.  Getting a good balance between holding and selling is very important as it’s quite easy to get greedy, holding indefinitely with the expectation that value will reach incredible heights.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:23:12 PM

My philosophy is never just hold or sell for the sake of it.  Everyone can’t hold forever or sell at exactly the same otherwise who is buying? I set myself a profit margin that I like as a return, once I hit that, I sell and move on.  Getting a good balance between holding and selling is very important as it’s quite easy to get greedy, holding indefinitely with the expectation that value will reach incredible heights.
I think holding longer is not a greedy thing. all users want the maximum profit from every trade they do. yeah you're right that many users can not hold their bitcoin on forever they certainly have limited patience. therefore holding and smart in analyzing to know when the right time to sell is very important. you should be able to analyze when bitcoin prices will stop rise and then you sell them. so after you sell it you can buy again after the price goes down. btw for now I prefer to hold
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:13:48 AM

I think holding longer is not a greedy thing. all users want the maximum profit from every trade they do. yeah you're right that many users can not hold their bitcoin on forever they certainly have limited patience. therefore holding and smart in analyzing to know when the right time to sell is very important. you should be able to analyze when bitcoin prices will stop rise and then you sell them. so after you sell it you can buy again after the price goes down. btw for now I prefer to hold
You are right holding longer doesn't mean that you are greedy others hold their coin but they already took their capital and just leave their profit making another profit. It really depends on someone how they handle their investment. You only become greedy when you do not sell and your price target is already reached.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
Soksuci

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

Mercy

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:46:48 AM

For me, I holding until I reach my target. Never cut loss, because it will go up again
Bella Thorne

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:09:37 AM

For me, I holding until I reach my target. Never cut loss, because it will go up again
For me both holding and selling is both good, but for me holding right now is best thing to do because bitcoin is just getting more stronger and i know that when we hold our bitcoin is we can make many profit from it in the future, and holding is such more good on selling because we will have a bigger chance to have many money by holding.

Jake Virus

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:17:54 AM

There is no doubt that holding is more better than selling it, i know that many people in cryptoworld will also choose holding rather than selling out bitcoins, because i am really confident that holding is can make us  rich in the future, and i am kind of person who are love to wait for long time so holding for me is easy, even it is 2years from now.

chocobo21

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:19:55 AM

Right now I think holding is a good strategy, in my experience i've made more money by holding than by daytrading and also it's less stressful, and you can sleep very good at night which is perfect for me.

Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:21:48 AM

It depends on the situations. For me too hard to know when I buy and sell my coins or tokens as long I don’t need fiat I hold to get more benefits and might increase my profits. But sometimes I need I fiat to my bills like electric bills, internet bills, and others.  ( Merry Christmas )
enwi

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 11:07:19 AM

in trading of course I do is buy when the price is low and sell it back when the price is high and I always sell it if I already get profit about 15%, I always use pending order to sell or buy
Sendah

Activity: 143

delicia - Decentralized Global Food Network

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:31:04 PM

If Bitcoin is going to talk about it better to hold than to sell, because I believe that Bitcoin's value will be great in the future that will definitely bring huge profits.
In fact, I just wanted to hold it for the future.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:50:44 PM

Hold or sell is purely depend upon the investor's requirement of his invested funds. Also it is depend upon the strategy which is made during his investment most of the experienced traders never wait for grow more and more they always book their profit and go a head also they react according to the market sentiments and the reactions of the news impact.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:25:00 PM

I prefer for holding but depends on the market and coin.I am holding some altcoins that will grow up very strong in the future. I believe that holding is better but we should not sell altcoins. I think all altcoins will be high price in the future. But i always prefer bitcoin for holding. bitcoin price increasing day by day. nowadays bitcoin price $19000 in the future bitcoin price will be higher.
Yes that is always profitable to you. Like you can say this as a better way to do such thing. Long term investing is always profitable, no doubt in it but still there are many people who have suffered such huge losses because they had held bitcoins for much long tome and then some big dip came and they become panic and sold everything. So they had loss. Hold until a better profit is achieved.

For those who hold bitcoins for so long must be obviously lucky and very responsible and persistent with their resolve. But holding should not be always mean that you are using it correctly or it was better than selling it.

Borisb52

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:42:16 PM

I prefer trading within a day. I buy a coin on the bottoms and wait for it to grow at least 5-10%. In this unstable market, in my opinion, this is the right strategy. It is very difficult to pick up a coin that will give good growth in the future in such an unstable market.
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:19:47 PM

I prefer for holding but depends on the market and coin.I am holding some altcoins that will grow up very strong in the future. I believe that holding is better but we should not sell altcoins. I think all altcoins will be high price in the future. But i always prefer bitcoin for holding. bitcoin price increasing day by day. nowadays bitcoin price $19000 in the future bitcoin price will be higher.
Yes that is always profitable to you. Like you can say this as a better way to do such thing. Long term investing is always profitable, no doubt in it but still there are many people who have suffered such huge losses because they had held bitcoins for much long tome and then some big dip came and they become panic and sold everything. So they had loss. Hold until a better profit is achieved.

For those who hold bitcoins for so long must be obviously lucky and very responsible and persistent with their resolve. But holding should not be always mean that you are using it correctly or it was better than selling it.
i was amazed also for those people that are trying to hold that for too long cause they have the patience that only few people can take that yes it is hard to wait in a long time but if you are able to do that off course you may take a lot of patience.
Panchum

Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:19:24 PM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?

If l have savings now l will buy dump coins and hold it because the price of bitcoin is very helpful for me to meet my dreams in life. I will hold it first and sell it at the right price for me.l want to hold also because I  want also to have a big amount of money. So that l can do also what l want.
Sum24

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:12:28 PM

You are right holding longer doesn't mean that you are greedy others hold their coin but they already took their capital and just leave their profit making another profit. It really depends on someone how they handle their investment. You only become greedy when you do not sell and your price target is already reached.
Hold and sell it’s a part of business because when use a lot of money in bitcoin so definitely you will get also profit so for that’s its very important to keep bitcoin on hold as long as you will keep it on hold so its price will be more high and there are a lot of people are holding bitcoin because they are investors and they know how to take profit from its because bitcoin is the only hope to make your money double and that’s what I’m doing here from a long time.
Good tbc

Activity: 115

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:56:00 PM

I think I will prefer to Hold on than to sell, provided is still appreciating. Investing is for it to appreciate in price and then when I decide to , I will then sell. But I prefer to Hold.

Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:14:10 PM

The answer to this question is simple you may sell anytime the bitcoin price buy 2% and buy anything bitcoin price grow by 2% after the dip.

santieevanz

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:10:34 AM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?
To be honest, I never tried trading before but my friend keeps on explaining to me on how he handles trading. At first, he was so successful dealing with trading but then a mistake was done so he lose money but that never stop  him to trade instead he  pursue to return the money he lose. And as of now, he is enjoying the challenges of trading process.

anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:51:49 AM

for now i should say hold because the price is low but if you want to buy now is the time to invest then wait till it goes high again

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: