Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:20:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125282 times)
thetorcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://TORCOIN.ORG

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 04:29:46 AM

panic selling means a good buying opportunity for the smart money :-)

The TOR Project literally has no influence over TorCoin whatsoever. That is the whole point of decentralization

not one single thing will change with TorCoin!

https://TorCoin.org - ANONYMOUS CRYPTOCURRENCY
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Story777

Activity: 78
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:30:09 AM

I have no choice but to step down as a dev and leave the Torcoin project. I am sorry guys but I cannot be legally responsible for this coin or have my name behind it anymore..This is out of respect to the Tor Project. Im not going to be held responsible for this coins name not being changed, when I was asked to do so. So I am removing my Github and I am out.

If you guys care about me redeeming my name or want to follow a project that will not have any conflicts, keep your eyes open, because I will be announcing a new coin here soon! Smiley

I totally understand if there is hate towards me, but I am getting it from both ends right now, Tor Project wants this project abolished, the guy behind it essentially let me go just now, and I just can't be apart of it.

thetorcoin is now solely responsible for this project, I have no affiliation whatsoever.

L-O-FUCKING-L.  What a surprise.  Looks for the first excuse he can to dip out and dump everything he has, and oh!...he has a new coin that will be coming out soon, so he can do it AGAIN.  PULL YOUR BUY ORDERS EVERYONE.

This guy should be banned from BCT, he is the lowest form of scum.  Look at his Twitter photo, he looks like he sits in his mom's basement all day taking bong hits and eating Lays potato chips.  

Im not dumping the coins I have, I am simply leaving this project, the github is already deleted. I won't dump on the market to hurt you guys. I still want to redeem my name here.

This project is using the Tor Project's name which is trademarked like stated early on, they have confirmed with me that they do not want this project using that name, since the owner is refusing to change it and won't work with me on it, I am no longer with this project, Im done.

Sorry that you are going Carsen. I will follow you on social media.

Good luck for the future TorCoin I really do hope it works out well for everyone
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 04:31:02 AM

the funny thing is, if i wake up tomorrow morning and the price is under $1 even *I* will start buying up TOR .. and I've already got a million of them :-)

thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 04:33:47 AM

Part of the appeal and value of TorCoin is that there is only going to be one TorCoin , period.

The TOR name is indeed PART OF WHAT GIVES THE COIN VALUE

Someone can go create another anonymous coin - call it OnionCoin or PrivateCoin or whatever - but that coin will never have the uniqueness of TorCoin

Which is why I will never, ever change the name of this coin. PERIOD

It is always going to be TorCoin and it will therefore always be unique.

That's why I haven't sold one single TOR since I started this project ..

CarWash

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 04:38:47 AM

Do you know the great potential of this coin? Think of how many countries bitcoin is banned in.
The name Torcoin unfortunately has to change. Which exchange would accept a currency with the name of another company and in judicial process?
It is not easy, but it is necessary to change. That would restore confidence again with Carsen back.

Sorry for my English.
daniel244king

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:45:30 AM

Part of the appeal and value of TorCoin is that there is only going to be one TorCoin , period.

Someone can go create another anonymous coin - call it OnionCoin or PrivateCoin or whatever - but that coin will never have the uniqueness of TorCoin

I am sad to see Carsen go.  He seemed like a good guy to me, maybe in a little over his head but nonetheless a good guy.

With that said, the controversy surrounding Carsen (which I believe caused the price drop) is now dead.

But if you want the price to go way back up to where it was earlier there are some things that must be done:

1. Any successful coin MUST have community support. No one can arbitrarily make a decision or the coin is dead.  If the community that supports the coin wants a name change or a logo change then do it or people will simply sells their coins and move on; or they will fork the coin and everyone will move to that.

2. Put together a good development team. Very important!

3. Add additional and unique features like DASH or PIVX did, then set a timeline for implementation.  People may not like DASH but they did one hell of a job of rebooting that coin!

Do these thing and the community and investors will take the coin seriously.

For those who have already invested in the coin there is no reason to bail: Remember there are only approx 100,000 coin in circulation and there is a 1 million coin cap. - there is simply a low supply of coin period. - that by itself will make the coin valuable.

There is the law of supply and demand that will force the price of the coin up - just as long as the coin has some sort of active support.

THE KING OF COINS
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:49:21 AM

I could care less about getting sued. If they knew who I was, they would not even bother trying lol

I am totally 100% lawsuit bulletproof.  And I don't give a fuck.

You seem quite full of yourself for someone who is totally anonymous on the Internet. But hey, best of luck to you.

thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 04:56:27 AM

I am sad to see Carsen go.  He seemed like a good guy to me, maybe in a little over his head but nonetheless a good guy.

With that said, the controversy surrounding Carsen (which I believe caused the price drop) is now dead.

But if you want the price to go way back up to where it was earlier there are some things that must be done:

1. Any successful coin MUST have community support. No one can arbitrarily make a decision or the coin is dead.  If the community that supports the coin wants a name change or a logo change then do it or people will simply sells their coins and move on; or they will fork the coin and everyone will move to that.

2. Put together a good development team. Very important!

3. Add additional and unique features like DASH or PIVX did, then set a timeline for implementation.  People may not like DASH but they did one hell of a job of rebooting that coin!

Do these thing and the community and investors will take the coin seriously.

Thanks for your input. Let me address:

1. Price - I don't care about the price drop.  Makes no difference to me if TorCoin is at $1 or $10. I'm not selling anyway.  The PRICE of a coin has nothing to do with its health. That is just speculators. 

2. Community support - the price dropped because people thought the TOR name would change. It will not. If people want a different name, they should go find another coin - like one of Carsen's new creations :-)  TorCoin has value in good part because of the NAME.  hence I would never change it, and nobody in their right mind would want me to change it.

3. Dev Team - yes of course, I will hire good devs and most importantly devs with good rep. To be honest, I did not check Carsen's rep before hiring him.  I WOULD STILL HAVE HIRED HIM, but I would have asked him to create an anonymous account, obviously!  Only later did I find out about his rep.
I WANT THE NEW DEV TO be APPROVED BY THE COMMUNITY.  Suggest me some names, folks!

4. New Features - yes of course I will add new features once I get some new devs, what did you have in mind? Right now I am focused more on usability (MacOS and Android wallets coming soon!) and on getting listed on some bigger exchanges, and getting into top 100 of Coinmarketcap. That takes time and advertising, please wait and see the good things coming :-)

taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:01:30 AM

Coin without developer is dead we all know that sell your TOR avoid wasting money. tor coin is going really bad sincetor project is against tor coin. Tor very cheap now
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 05:03:10 AM

Coin without developer is dead we all know that sell your TOR avoid wasting money. tor coin is going really bad sincetor project is against tor coin. Tor very cheap now

LOL

considering I am shelling out big bucks for ads all over the internet, I think I can afford to hire a new dev, don't you?

Smarten up.

I am not selling one single TOR. Check my wallets!

thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 05:07:15 AM

The dev is not what determines the success of a coin.

Anyone can bang out C++ code

The reason for a coin's success have to do with the strength of the idea, the features, the MARKETING and the name. I don't give a shit how good a coin 'ThomasJeffersonCoin' is .. the name sucks, the coin sucks.

The branding sucks .. the coin sucks.

TorCoin has got the name, the logo, and the marketing behind it, and I have a huge budget for promoting the coin.

new dev coming soon .. but that is not what will determine the ultimate success of the coin.  Devs come and go.

daniel244king

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:09:16 AM

LOL

considering I am shelling out big bucks for ads all over the internet, I think I can afford to hire a new dev, don't you?

Smarten up.

I am not selling one single TOR. Check my wallets!

Be professional and stop answering the trolls - they are being paid to discredit and devalue the coin.

Only answer the serious comments.

THE KING OF COINS
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 05:11:35 AM

TorCoin is already rising again as people see the bargain to be had .. probably be up to $2 or more when I wake up tomorrow.

A lot of people on here hated Carsen because of his previous coins, so it's just as well this happened and he parted ways with TorCoin.  Note that he still has 140k TOR in his wallets so he could still affect the price if he sold it all .. but that would also increase the market cap which would be a good thing for the coin in the longterm anyway.  As for me, I'm not touching my TOR.

rickgejr

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:11:50 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2017, 11:47:41 AM by rickgejr

I don't see a problem with the name Torcoin. Only "TOR" is probably copyright. And the onion logo. That logo could be adjusted to placate the Tor folks. No biggie.

The point is, if this thing has staying power, is better than DASH, Monero, Bitcoin etc., well then, what then?

The premine is not a problem. Devs and founders don't work for free, I'm told.

In fact, like Smooth (Monero Dev and Aeon Dev), if the founder stays dark and is legit, the coin is that much less vulnerable to humint.

Thus far, the Torcoin wallet is working great for me.

What's more, the PoW and PoS model, under the privacy of Tor, might be the best of all crypto-worlds.

I'm betting Dash, Monero, Aeon and even Cloakcoin, are currently ignoring this coin.

daniel244king

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:13:28 AM

The dev is not what determines the success of a coin.

Anyone can bang out C++ code

The reason for a coin's success have to do with the strength of the idea, the features, the MARKETING and the name. I don't give a shit how good a coin 'ThomasJeffersonCoin' is .. the name sucks, the coin sucks.

The branding sucks .. the coin sucks.

TorCoin has got the name, the logo, and the marketing behind it, and I have a huge budget for promoting the coin.

new dev coming soon .. but that is not what will determine the ultimate success of the coin.  Devs come and go.

What determines the success of the coin is COMMUNITY SUPPORT - Its the community that makes or breaks the coin.

The most successful coins have great community support!

Just look at the communities of bitcoin, litecoin and etherum

THE KING OF COINS
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:15:32 AM

I don't see a problem with the name Torcoin. Only "TOR" is probably copy written. And the onion logo. That logo could be adjusted to placate the Tor folks. No biggie.

The point is, if this thing has staying power, is better than DASH, Monero, Bitcoin etc., well then, what then?

The premine is not a problem. Devs and founders don't work for free, I'm told.

In fact, like Smooth (Monero Dev and Aeon Dev), if the founder stays dark and is legit, the coin is that much less vulnerable to humint.

Thus far, the Torcoin wallet is working great for me.

What's more, the PoW and PoS model, under the privacy of Tor, might be the best of all crypto-worlds.

I'm betting Dash, Monero, Aeon and even Cloakcoin, are currently ignoring this coin.

So you think somebody can make a cocacolacoin? I mean only "Coca-Cola" is probably copywritten...

The price is going to shit and guess what? Carsen announced on ccex that he is coming next week with a new coin... It's a pity, he didn't have enough time to make a lot money with this shitty coin.
trumpman

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:23:06 AM

And people don't forget. "Thetorcoin" is still carsen. He justs continue talking bullshit to prevent panic-selling to sell his remaining coins for the best possible price.. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few more unexplained pumps (like the first one) since he has enough money from his previous scams. After all, creating a coin and pumping - dumping it is his business
kingcarsen

Activity: 1148
Merit: 369

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 06:36:04 AM

And people don't forget. "Thetorcoin" is still carsen. He justs continue talking bullshit to prevent panic-selling to sell his remaining coins for the best possible price.. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a few more unexplained pumps (like the first one) since he has enough money from his previous scams. After all, creating a coin and pumping - dumping it is his business

Yea I might make my own coin without a partner and without a trademarked name. I can stick with it and have no grief, also the premine will probably be like 1% so no one whines about it. Im not dumping any of my TOR, I dont want to do that to anyone. If I have to hand it over to someone else or whatever it can be done.
pterodactyl

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:37:15 AM

You're a gigantic idiot if you haven't figured out that they are not the same person by now.
trumpman

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:43:21 AM

You're a gigantic idiot if you haven't figured out that they are not the same person by now.

Keep dreaming and keep holding your bag. Soon 1 torcoin= 1 Satoshi, and then we will see who the idiot is Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: