Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:40:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125282 times)
SysFailure0x5a

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:15:19 PM

i think the signature campaign and the exclusive campaign will really also helpful in making the project more and more successful, so these campaign should be continue for some more time.

The campaign is just promoting a fake coin. You guys are getting paid in a worthless currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Salazarian

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:26:58 PM

i think the signature campaign and the exclusive campaign will really also helpful in making the project more and more successful, so these campaign should be continue for some more time.

The campaign is just promoting a fake coin. You guys are getting paid in a worthless currency.
I do not think this is so. I am hopeful that it will be so much fare and not a fake one, as it is already added in so many exchanges.

carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:30:42 PM

do you have any proof for that. you are newbie and how a person can believe one a newbie who may have created the account just start campaign against an innocent coin.
Is Oprah Fuckable?

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:36:10 PM

I do not think this is so. I am hopeful that it will be so much fare and not a fake one, as it is already added in so many exchanges.

During an alt boom all bets are off as to legitimacy, any coin can boom, and many will.
SysFailure0x5a

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:38:50 PM

do you have any proof for that. you are newbie and how a person can believe one a newbie who may have created the account just start campaign against an innocent coin.

I have plenty of proof. I've posted my proof many times. TorCoin does not connect to Tor. All TorCoin traffic goes over the regular internet. TorCoin clients and nodes connect to a IRC channel that anyone can access. Inside the IRC channel you can see every client and their IP address. I can personally track everyone that is using TorCoin. If I can do it, anyone can.

This is not a wild guess. I have hard technical proof that TorCoin has lied about their Crypto Currency.

I'm a certified Network Engineer with a little over 10 years experience. Most recently I worked for a very large ISP in their core engineering department. I'm also kind of a nerd, so in my free time I like to investigate how things work, especially if they are network related.

I have experience with Tor and anonymous distributions like Tails. My primary interest at this point is to find out how secure TorCoin really is. If you are familiar with anonymity, then you should be aware that leaking network data on the clear net (the regular internet) is a big concern. Leaking any data related to you or the app you're trying to conceal will give you away.

To test, I configured a Windows 10 Virtual Machine and setup Wireshark. After installing and launching TorCoin, I performed a series of packet captures. For the sake of being brief, I discovered that most of the claims made by TorCoin are false. TorCoin does NOT integrate with The Tor Network. It does NOT keep your usage private.  

Here are just a couple things that I found!

* Clear public NON-Tor DNS traffic asking for http://seed.torcoincoin.com
* Clear public IRC traffic to irc.lfnet.org and irc.smutfairy.com
* Does NOT connect to The Tor Network!
* Does NOT keep your use of the coin anonymous!
* Nodes do NOT help The Tor Network.

Here is a screenshot of the IRC traffic:

The TorCoin OP says you are untraceable. I found a central location where I can track all the connected nodes.

You can see the IRC room with all the connected nodes here:

You can download the Wireshark packet captures here so that you can see for yourself:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/48nhs90ia6rosop/AACTChe_153XeFptUUGtSRsGa?dl=0

BitCoinTalk member TheTorCoin makes these FALSE claims on his thread:
"Torcoin is a cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin featuring numerous improvements and innovations, such as full integration with the TOR network, stealth sending technology, and complete anonymity."

"There is never any need to 'mix' or 'anonymize' your TorCoins - they are anonymous by default. TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node."

"Completely Untraceable. No one will ever know you are running a TorCoin node - your real IP is never broadcast to the network because TorCoin runs over Tor."

TorCoin communicates with other nodes over the regular internet. Your IP address can be seen by everyone! I was able to do a reverse lookup on a node and found a user on Comcast. His claims are misleading at best. I personally feel the creator of this coin has done this intentionally. It is my educated opinion that you avoid this cryptocurrency.

stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:44:57 PM

I have plenty of proof. I've posted my proof many times. TorCoin does not connect to Tor. All TorCoin traffic goes over the regular internet. TorCoin clients and nodes connect to a IRC channel that anyone can access. Inside the IRC channel you can see every client and their IP address. I can personally track everyone that is using TorCoin. If I can do it, anyone can.

This is not a wild guess. I have hard technical proof that TorCoin has lied about their Crypto Currency.

I'm a certified Network Engineer with a little over 10 years experience. Most recently I worked for a very large ISP in their core engineering department. I'm also kind of a nerd, so in my free time I like to investigate how things work, especially if they are network related.

I have experience with Tor and anonymous distributions like Tails. My primary interest at this point is to find out how secure TorCoin really is. If you are familiar with anonymity, then you should be aware that leaking network data on the clear net (the regular internet) is a big concern. Leaking any data related to you or the app you're trying to conceal will give you away.

To test, I configured a Windows 10 Virtual Machine and setup Wireshark. After installing and launching TorCoin, I performed a series of packet captures. For the sake of being brief, I discovered that most of the claims made by TorCoin are false. TorCoin does NOT integrate with The Tor Network. It does NOT keep your usage private.  

The TorCoin OP says you are untraceable. I found a central location where I can track all the connected nodes.

You can download the Wireshark packet captures here so that you can see for yourself:

"Torcoin is a cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin featuring numerous improvements and innovations, such as full integration with the TOR network, stealth sending technology, and complete anonymity."

"There is never any need to 'mix' or 'anonymize' your TorCoins - they are anonymous by default. TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node."

"Completely Untraceable. No one will ever know you are running a TorCoin node - your real IP is never broadcast to the network because TorCoin runs over Tor."

TorCoin communicates with other nodes over the regular internet. Your IP address can be seen by everyone! I was able to do a reverse lookup on a node and found a user on Comcast. His claims are misleading at best. I personally feel the creator of this coin has done this intentionally. It is my educated opinion that you avoid this cryptocurrency.

so why not the tor is taking any action against them, do you mentioned to them, and either it is against the law. I personally have no idea just want to learn here.
SysFailure0x5a

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:49:46 PM

so why not the tor is taking any action against them, do you mentioned to them, and either it is against the law. I personally have no idea just want to learn here.

Tor did take action against them. They posted a tweet here from the official TorProject account.
https://twitter.com/torproject/status/857297306571481088
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 11:54:24 PM

Not to rain on your parade, but user ranks don't mean shit when it comes to intelligence, so for you to slam @SysFailure for being a newbie, and that people shouldn't believe him because he's a newbie provides a huge fallacy with your argument. @SysFailure has brought up valid points, with evidence and proof. It's to the point where I am questioning the validity of this coin.

The reason I'm holding on is because I believe in anonymity when it comes to money. Nobody, not even the government, needs to know how much I am worth or what assets I am holding. I, personally, am interested in TorCoin because of the vision that the coin has. However, @SysFailure was vital to revealing information that isn't current with what the coin itself claims. That's why he's calling it a fake coin, and I can see his point.

Me, personally... I'm waiting to hear announcements regarding the relatively-near future launch of the tor-integrated PC, Mac & Mobile wallets, as I hope they would truly integrate the tor nodes and utilize the network. Until then, I am going to give the dev the benefit of the doubt.

And @thetorcoin, if you're reading this, I'm hoping that you consider hiring @iluvbitcoins to be your community manager. He has a way with words, and he's learned a lot since the past couple of weeks that I've observed him being your sig camp manager. He has shown genuine interest in the $TOR project, and I personally feel that he has a great way of handling people's 'accusations' by posting based on knowledge and facts, and not on feelings and emotions. In a nutshell, and forgive me for being blunt, he's more approachable and professional as a community manager than you Tongue

As far as the future of $TOR? I believe that the dev's intention is to actually produce an anonymous cryptocurrency. I also believe that he spoke ahead of himself when he announced the anonymity of the current status of the tor wallets. I still believe that there are future releases planned for the integration of the Tor network, and I'm willing to baghold the Tor that I purchased because, finally, I believe that I bought them at a good rate.

Just my $0.02

hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:19:08 AM

Not to rain on your parade, but user ranks don't mean shit when it comes to intelligence, so for you to slam @SysFailure for being a newbie, and that people shouldn't believe him because he's a newbie provides a huge fallacy with your argument. @SysFailure has brought up valid points, with evidence and proof. It's to the point where I am questioning the validity of this coin.

The reason I'm holding on is because I believe in anonymity when it comes to money. Nobody, not even the government, needs to know how much I am worth or what assets I am holding. I, personally, am interested in TorCoin because of the vision that the coin has. However, @SysFailure was vital to revealing information that isn't current with what the coin itself claims. That's why he's calling it a fake coin, and I can see his point.

Me, personally... I'm waiting to hear announcements regarding the relatively-near future launch of the tor-integrated PC, Mac & Mobile wallets, as I hope they would truly integrate the tor nodes and utilize the network. Until then, I am going to give the dev the benefit of the doubt.

And @thetorcoin, if you're reading this, I'm hoping that you consider hiring @iluvbitcoins to be your community manager. He has a way with words, and he's learned a lot since the past couple of weeks that I've observed him being your sig camp manager. He has shown genuine interest in the $TOR project, and I personally feel that he has a great way of handling people's 'accusations' by posting based on knowledge and facts, and not on feelings and emotions. In a nutshell, and forgive me for being blunt, he's more approachable and professional as a community manager than you Tongue

As far as the future of $TOR? I believe that the dev's intention is to actually produce an anonymous cryptocurrency. I also believe that he spoke ahead of himself when he announced the anonymity of the current status of the tor wallets. I still believe that there are future releases planned for the integration of the Tor network, and I'm willing to baghold the Tor that I purchased because, finally, I believe that I bought them at a good rate.

Just my $0.02
yes most of the people are not going to believe him as he is newbie.  but i think it is important the the  Tor support team should denye all the the claim he is making  again Tor if they are not true, so that the confusion can be solve easily.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 12:22:08 AM

-snip-

Just my $0.02
yes most of the people are not going to believe him as he is newbie.  but i think it is important the the  Tor support team should denye all the the claim he is making  again Tor if they are not true, so that the confusion can be solve easily.

You're not listening. The 'claims' that @SysFailure is making are true. He's provided concrete evidence and proof to support his 'claims'. The only confusion here is your perception of the situation, which seems to be YOU pulling wool over your own eyes. Stop being sheeple.

Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:23:11 AM

Just my $0.02
yes most of the people are not going to believe him as he is newbie.  but i think it is important the the  Tor support team should denye all the the claim he is making  again Tor if they are not true, so that the confusion can be solve easily.
i think the op has already given so many proof, and i think that are enough to proof a coin as false and fake,
SysFailure0x5a

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:24:42 AM

The Tor team already said TorCoin is making false claims. Here is a link to the official Tor twitter account. They say it right here: https://twitter.com/torproject/status/855882107234770944
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:25:41 AM

Just my $0.02
i think the op has already given so many proof, and i think that are enough to proof a coin as false and fake,
\
but i think they have to right to proof themselves correct and therefore should give response against these claims.
SysFailure0x5a

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:36:00 AM

but i think they have to right to proof themselves correct and therefore should give response against these claims.

You can also see the TorProject post here:

https://www.facebook.com/TorProject/posts/10156049071524951
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:59:24 AM

You can also see the TorProject post here:

https://www.facebook.com/TorProject/posts/10156049071524951

I think TorCoin already stated they are in no way connected to the Tor project. It must be in their site.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:46:07 AM

I think TorCoin already stated they are in no way connected to the Tor project. It must be in their site.

If i remember correctly, it was on twitter too.
I do not believe they will start a witch hunt tho.
Some modifications to the coin logo, would probably do some good things for us.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Sk_Ezaz

Activity: 470
Merit: 260

Community Lead at Bitcoin Air

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:16:23 AM

I think you should open some campaign that's payment coin is torcoin if you do this some people open torcoin wallet and complete the task and take payment through torcoin and increases torcoin user and it's going to a good stage.for my side I am Start up torcoin work after a task so my advice is make some task for us and publish torcoin.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

johnnyxlee

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:08:11 AM

https://i.imgur.com/p5km1aG.png

https://i.imgur.com/uC7dj2Y.png

Hello SysFailure0x5a!

Any luck in compiling the Linux client?

I am just a newb but I assume those are the windows and mac wallets listed as nodes, it has been posted several times in this thread that they do not integrate with Tor network, start nodes etc..

But could you please test the Linux client to see if it was to shows also?

This would be a great help to the forum to know the functionality of the Linux client, what it does, what it doesn't.

Many thanks in advance.
newmz

Activity: 372

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:22:02 AM

Is anyone from the Torcoin project actually going to respond to this? All I have seen are Torcoin hopefuls and fanboys wishing that this stuff were not true - but it clearly is.

Where is the response from @thetorcoin or anyone else associated with this project?

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:50:28 AM

i am not associated with this coin. but i am wearing their sig. mhh. this does not look good.
i am TOR fan. thats why i thought this coin is a good idea. i hope dev will give us the answers we need.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: