Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:50:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125285 times)
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:17:53 AM

The Chinese crypto investors are becoming interested in TorCoin now .. check the recent spike in trading on the CryptoDao exchange :-)
Thats good , I like the chinese because when their create business they do research first because chinese one of the good business man and For sure chinese see the potential of tor coin . Keep up the goodwork sir . Tor coin will become more popular in this week because of your news! I hope the price of tor coin will continue to increase because if the price increase many investor catch for sure their attention so it will invest to the tor coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:23:17 AM

The Chinese crypto investors are becoming interested in TorCoin now .. check the recent spike in trading on the CryptoDao exchange :-)
Thats good , I like the chinese because when their create business they do research first because chinese one of the good business man and For sure chinese see the potential of tor coin . Keep up the goodwork sir . Tor coin will become more popular in this week because of your news! I hope the price of tor coin will continue to increase because if the price increase many investor catch for sure their attention so it will invest to the tor coin.

Already there are many people who are showing interest on Torcoin but in crypto, everybody needs to be patience. Success will not attain in one day you need to focus on lot more important marketing so that everybody will get an idea what is Torcoin.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:51:18 AM

The coinmarketcap is showing $7,243 in trade volume on CryptoDao in the last 24 hours. I registered there yesterday and now I'm deciding whether to sell TOR now or wait for the price to increase.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:24:52 AM

We're currently at 13 detections of the .zip and 17 of the .exe
In contact with a lot of AVs and waiting for signature updates to see more removed.

Looking for a signature campaign.
srqrebel

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:40:41 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 01:04:19 PM by srqrebel

The Torcoin website still makes the claim that "Torcoin offers a complete anonymous sending. Apart from all other cryptos, Torcoin is fully integrated with TOR and therefore 100% anonymous; an attacker or government snoop can not know whether you are running a Torcoin node or not. Your IP address is never broadcast on Torcoin."

This has been demonstrated to be currently false for the Windows and MacOS wallets, which are the ones which get most of the use, and no one been able to verify that the Linux wallet even works, with at least one experienced Linux user stating that he was unable to compile the source code with the instructions found in the ReadMe file.

This discrepancy has existed for so long now, as to make the statement on the website effectively a lie.  It's not like Torcoin has been putting the finishing touches on Tor integration ever since that statement appeared on the website months ago; it straight up is not Tor integrated.  It does not do what it says it does.

If Tor integration is actually planned for the future, then that is exactly what it needs to say on the website.

Importantly, it also says on the website, "The major focus on future developments is the improvement of end-usability of the coin (making it easier for average people to use), smoothly transitioning to Proof of Stake (PoS) (possibly incorporating Serenity/Casper), development of an Android wallet, and improving efficiency of the network online."

That is NOT where the major focus needs to be.  It needs to be on getting the Windows and MacOS wallets fully integrated with Tor.  Until Torcoin actually does what it says it does, and demonstrably so, no other features matter.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
bustomi

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:46:20 PM

Glad to have tor coin, like tor browser, i believe this coin very anonymously secure network Grin
SysFailure0x5a

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:15:22 PM

Can anyone here write in Chinese? I'd like to post a warning on some Chinese forums.
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 01:20:38 PM

@TheTORCoin, what is keeping you from withdrawing all the false claims about TOR coin from the website and from this forum.
And  the logo as well.
I'm still wondering what you have to lose if you change them. Because from the way I see things its causing more harm than good.

srqrebel

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:07:37 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 03:39:11 PM by srqrebel

@TheTORCoin, what is keeping you from withdrawing all the false claims about TOR coin from the website and from this forum.
And  the logo as well.
I'm still wondering what you have to lose if you change them. Because from the way I see things its causing more harm than good.

I want this answered as well.

I invested thousands of dollars of my own money into this coin, promoted it heavily to my Facebook friends, and persuaded a close personal friend of mine to invest of his limited funds into this coin.  My reputation and my hard earned money is on the line.  I expect Torcoin to do what it says it does, and above all, I expect the founder of this coin to take the reputation and integrity of this coin seriously by sticking to truthful claims on the Torcoin website, the initial ANN post, and his comments.  That means amending the claims at their sources to remove the falsehoods and accurately reflect the current reality, post haste.

I am actually beginning to regret investing in and promoting this coin - something which I was not expecting to happen, based on thetorcoin's past expressions of commitment to this coin.  Keeping the false claims posted without amendment on the website and on the initial ANN post, and avoiding responding to these valid concerns from his own supporters, gives me no reassurance that this individual is committed to the reputation and integrity of this coin, let alone that he is on the up and up himself.

SysFailure0x5a

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:51:34 PM

And  the logo as well.

I want this answered as well.

I invested thousands of dollars of my own money into this coin, promoted it heavily to my Facebook friends, and persuaded a close personal friend of mine to invest of his limited funds into this coin.  My reputation and my hard earned money is on the line.  I expect Torcoin to do what it says it does, and above all, I expect the founder of this coin to take the reputation and integrity of this coin seriously by sticking to truthful claims on the Torcoin website, the initial ANN post, and his comments.  That means amending the claims at their sources to remove the falsehoods and accurately reflect the current reality, post haste.

I am actually beginning to regret investing in and promoting this coin - something which I was not expecting to happen, based on thetorcoin's past expressions of commitment to this coin.  Keeping the false claims posted without amendment on the website and on the initial ANN post, and avoiding responding to these valid concerns from his own supporters, gives me no reassurance that this individual is committed to the reputation and integrity of this coin, let alone that he is on the up and up himself.

He has no intention of correcting it. Because it's an obvious pump and dump scam. I was also investing in this until I performed the wire shark packet capture and discovered no Tor integration and the IRC channel. Needless to say I abandoned the coin immediately.
srqrebel

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:24:51 PM

Because it's an obvious pump and dump scam.

No, that is NOT obvious.  If thetorcoin had intended it to be a pump and dump scam, there is no earthly reason why he wouldn't have dumped by now.  And there would definitely be no reason for him to post his wallets openly for all to see and keep track of.  (Carsen, on the other hand, may be a pump-and-dumper, but he is not the impetus behind this coin, and is no longer a part of it.)

Making unfounded claims like that, only undermines your own credibility.  Just as leaving claims which do not accurately reflect the current reality posted on the Torcoin website and on the initial ANN post, undermines thetorcoin's credibility as someone who can be counted on to be transparent and have integrity.

stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:48:11 PM

Glad to know that the community adapting TORcoin is expanding and the market is back with the price rising.
Anyway, torcoin last week signature campaign I didn't received payments yet. Currently the wallet I use which is from coinexchange appears offline, any solution? I'd like to get my bounty for last weeks effort honestly.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
thetorcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

https://TORCOIN.ORG

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 06:05:19 PM

TorCoin up over 200% today!  Price is close to $3 and rising fast!  Mostly due to Chinese and Russian investors buying up the coin

https://TorCoin.org - ANONYMOUS CRYPTOCURRENCY
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:15:36 PM

TorCoin up over 200% today!  Price is close to $3 and rising fast!  Mostly due to Chinese and Russian investors buying up the coin

or you are buying your own coins like the first day when the coin came out. Other than cryptopia, price of the coin in all other exchanges is less than 2 $ and that's mainly because the BTC is rising like crazy.

And I like how from everything that has been proven about the wallets not being anonymous or running a node (contrary to what the ANN says) you only comment on the price.
torcoin_addict

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:17:42 PM

TorCoin up over 200% today!  Price is close to $3 and rising fast!  Mostly due to Chinese and Russian investors buying up the coin

or you are buying your own coins like the first day when the coin came out. Other than cryptopia, price of the coin in all other exchanges is less than 2 $ and that's mainly because the BTC is rising like crazy.

And I like how from everything that has been proven about the wallets not being anonymous or running a node (contrary to what the ANN says) you only comment on the price.

BUMP !

Trumpman is fucking right ! That being said, who does really care about the way this coin is being artificially pumped or not ? We're just here to make profit ! Go on TorCoin ! Let's do it !  Grin
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:32:43 PM

Gotten AVG to whitelist Torcoin too!

So AVG, Avast, Kaspersky, ESET and Bitdefender have cleared Torcoin.
Only McAfee and Avira left from major antiviruses Smiley

Looking for a signature campaign.
SysFailure0x5a

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:43:34 PM

No, that is NOT obvious.  If thetorcoin had intended it to be a pump and dump scam, there is no earthly reason why he wouldn't have dumped by now.  And there would definitely be no reason for him to post his wallets openly for all to see and keep track of.  (Carsen, on the other hand, may be a pump-and-dumper, but he is not the impetus behind this coin, and is no longer a part of it.)

Making unfounded claims like that, only undermines your own credibility.  Just as leaving claims which do not accurately reflect the current reality posted on the Torcoin website and on the initial ANN post, undermines thetorcoin's credibility as someone who can be counted on to be transparent and have integrity.

I apologize. I didn't mean to offend you. I may be a little premature by saying it's obviously a pump and dump scam. However, I've seen multiple people praise this coin for that very reason. A few people at the very least are hoping to pump the coin regardless of its legitimacy.

Trumpman is fucking right ! That being said, who does really care about the way this coin is being artificially pumped or not ? We're just here to make profit ! Go on TorCoin ! Let's do it !  Grin

If that's how people are using it, and if the technical aspects like Tor integration are never implemented, and TheTorCoin never clears up the misrepresentations, then this coin will only serve the purpose of pumping it up and dumping the coins on unsuspecting buyers. The coin in that case will have no real value.

It's my opinion that because he misrepresents the coin, that it's a scam. To me it seems obvious, but I respect your view that anything is possible. I just don't think he has any plans to clear things up which is why I made that claim.
srqrebel

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:00:06 PM

No, that is NOT obvious.  If thetorcoin had intended it to be a pump and dump scam, there is no earthly reason why he wouldn't have dumped by now.  And there would definitely be no reason for him to post his wallets openly for all to see and keep track of.  (Carsen, on the other hand, may be a pump-and-dumper, but he is not the impetus behind this coin, and is no longer a part of it.)

I apologize. I didn't mean to offend you. I may be a little premature by saying it's obviously a pump and dump scam. However, I've seen multiple people praise this coin for that very reason. A few people at the very least are hoping to pump the coin regardless of its legitimacy.

If that's how people are using it, and if the technical aspects like Tor integration are never implemented, and TheTorCoin never clears up the misrepresentations, then this coin will only serve the purpose of pumping it up and dumping the coins on unsuspecting buyers. The coin in that case will have no real value.

It's my opinion that because he misrepresents the coin, that it's a scam. To me it seems obvious, but I respect your view that anything is possible. I just don't think he has any plans to clear things up which is why I made that claim.

Fair enough.  I'm just tired of seeing all the FUD on this coin, so I'm a bit sensitive to any unfounded negative claims about this coin.

At the same time, I am seriously disappointed in thetorcoin, and am going to address him directly regarding that.

srqrebel

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:31:54 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 12:39:09 AM by srqrebel

TorCoin up over 200% today!  Price is close to $3 and rising fast!  Mostly due to Chinese and Russian investors buying up the coin

So you had time to drop by and hype up a flash spike on Cryptopia, but did not see fit to address my concerns?

I could not care less about the price of Torcoin today.  I bought my Torcoin to hold for the long term.  But I do expect honesty, integrity, and transparency from the project manager, and a willingness to address the valid concerns of vested parties.

lfo

Activity: 85

BNM founder

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 03:28:14 AM

i agree with this guy and hope the long term effect follows the anon of TOR, then the value should be worth the likes of Zcash and XMR

Blocknewsmedia.com
Blocknewsmedia.us
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: