Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:08:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371102 times)
captcha01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:37:17 PM

Coin with the biggest upside in my opinion
bigboss154

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:43:46 PM

Theres currently 429 nodes according to the static list
http://borzalom.hu/static-list.html

There was talk about doing a sort of "raffle" to decide who gets the remaining nodes, it was mentioned about them being more expensive than the initial 500k because the original people placed more faith in the project in the early days and people joining now know more than the original node buyers did.

After this, there has been talk of having tier 2 nodes, these would undoubtedly be cheaper nodes, however they would have less consensus power, and reduced fee payment percentages.

Nodes will be sellable eventually on the new core wallet. So any of the 512 owners could put their node up for sale (probably for a bit more than market price), and anyone with the required XBY can purchase whatever is available. Smiley

hmm, so unfortunately it sounds that it is better not to buy more for starting a node, because it is not clear if I can be one of the 512.
Right?
That is really bad I have to say!
Congratulation to everybody who are invested from the beginning, but this guys still have a big benefit only because of the big price increase!

I am always very careful with projects who benefits the first investors in such a way.
I am sorry, but this sounds very dubious for me and back off people like me who will invest a lot of money!

Why not having much more nodes, if the price increase there will be enough money for everybody who has a node!
I am also invested in NEM and everybody can have a node, there is no limitation.
Have much more nodes is also better for a stable network, I really don't understand the sense of this plan except of making rich people richer!

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say. Anyone with enough XBY will be given the chance to buy a tier 1 node, as some node owners will want to break their nodes to sell the 500k they used to create it. The broken nodes get replaced with new ones in a raffle system to keep the process fair (you get your XBY back if you do not win). Or you could buy one directly through the wallet from a node owner. And then there will be different tiered nodes that will be available.
cedlemercier

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:47:17 PM

The price XBI will be higher, so it is interesting to buy for future nodes of level 1 or 2 so yes there will be more nodes.
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:02:41 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 04:38:12 PM by Zylon

There was talk about doing a sort of "raffle" to decide who gets the remaining nodes, it was mentioned about them being more expensive than the initial 500k because the original people placed more faith in the project in the early days and people joining now know more than the original node buyers did.

After this, there has been talk of having tier 2 nodes, these would undoubtedly be cheaper nodes, however they would have less consensus power, and reduced fee payment percentages.

Nodes will be sellable eventually on the new core wallet. So any of the 512 owners could put their node up for sale (probably for a bit more than market price), and anyone with the required XBY can purchase whatever is available. Smiley

hmm, so unfortunately it sounds that it is better not to buy more for starting a node, because it is not clear if I can be one of the 512.
Right?
Congratulation to everybody who are invested from the beginning, but this guys still have a big benefit only because of the big price increase!

I am always very careful with projects who benefits the first investors in such a way.
I am sorry, but this sounds very dubious for me and back off people like me who will invest a lot of money!

Why not having much more nodes, if the price increase there will be enough money for everybody who has a node!
I am also invested in NEM and everybody can have a node, there is no limitation.
Have much more nodes is also better for a stable network, I really don't understand the sense of this plan except of making rich people richer!

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say. Anyone with enough XBY will be given the chance to buy a tier 1 node, as some node owners will want to break their nodes to sell the 500k they used to create it. The broken nodes get replaced with new ones in a raffle system to keep the process fair (you get your XBY back if you do not win). Or you could buy one directly through the wallet from a node owner. And then there will be different tiered nodes that will be available.

I am just saying that it is not for sure to start a node even if you buy a lot of XBY!
Only having a chance to buy a node sounds like lottery to me, or I am wrong ?

Or you could buy one directly through the wallet from a node owner

Why should somebody sell his high requestet node that brings you lot of money?
Nobody would do that! Or you would do that only for a very high price!

And then there will be different tiered nodes that will be available.

Sorry, but this sounds not fair to me! Early investors still getting too much benefits!

And again, why not having equal nodes for everybody like in the NEM blockchain?

CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:09:36 PM

Right?

I am just saying that it is not for sure to start a node even if you buy a lot of XBY!

Sorry, but this sounds not fair to me! Early investors still getting too much benefits!

I will try to help out here also...

First, the link you are using for STaTiC list was stopped after the 50K block and it shows 492, not 429 STaTiCs. However, this is no long accurate and you can see the accurate count at this URL: http://borzalom.hu/static-list-updated.html

The original STaTiC deposit amount was decided by the Community and there is nothing unfair about this. The people who recognized there was something special here had the vision to invest their money into the future of something they decided to believe in. We heavily and I mean HEAVILY promoted this opportunity on both the exchanges we were on at the time and also here on the forum and also on Slack. There was nothing secretive about this opportunity to set up a STaTiC node.

In the future, another opportunity to make XBY deposits on smaller sized nodes will come and this has been revealed so that future investors can prepare themselves by buying up XBY in the dips with the amount of funds they have available. Again, nothing unfair about this and in fact this is done in the interest of fairness.

We also will be putting some opportunities in place to give others the liberty or chance to own the broken or additional Level 1 STaTiC nodes that will bring the total to 512. How we do this has not yet been decided, but we will do this in the most fair way possible and in a way that ensures further decentralization and this will be decided by vote once we are ready to move forward.

As far as unlimited nodes goes, this is not something that we can offer because we do not have unlimited coins.

The reason why the required deposit of 500k XBY was needed is for the TRUST factor. Having thousands or millions of little nodes that are easily broken and replaced does not create TRUST. XtraBYtes is a new technology in development and therefore we ask that people not compare how we do things to how other coins do things. What may work for them may not work for us and until the full tech has been revealed, it will not be possible to make any sort of comparisons.

Thank you for understanding and we look forward to seeing you as part of the XtraBYtes Community Corporation

bigboss154

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:26:30 PM

Right?

There is not an infinite amount of coins available and 500k was the amount chosen by the community. Too many coins will be taken out of circulation if there is not a cap, nearly 1/2 at 512 nodes. The market will decide whether or not there is demand for nodes at whatever prices sellers set, and if not, they will have to lower it closer to market price. No one knows how much they will go for. I wouldn't say it's 'not fair', it's just supply and demand. NEM nodes have a much smaller ratio between the cost of a node and max circulation. At only about 1200 nodes, all of the coins will be taken out of XBY's circulation. For NEM, it would take 3000.
Zylon

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:05:42 PM

First, the link you are using for STaTiC list was stopped after the 50K block and it shows 492, not 429 STaTiCs. However, this is no long accurate and you can see the accurate count at this URL: http://borzalom.hu/static-list-updated.html

The original STaTiC deposit amount was decided by the Community and there is nothing unfair about this. The people who recognized there was something special here had the vision to invest their money into the future of something they decided to believe in. We heavily and I mean HEAVILY promoted this opportunity on both the exchanges we were on at the time and also here on the forum and also on Slack. There was nothing secretive about this opportunity to set up a STaTiC node.

In the future, another opportunity to make XBY deposits on smaller sized nodes will come and this has been revealed so that future investors can prepare themselves by buying up XBY in the dips with the amount of funds they have available. Again, nothing unfair about this and in fact this is done in the interest of fairness.

We also will be putting some opportunities in place to give others the liberty or chance to own the broken or additional Level 1 STaTiC nodes that will bring the total to 512. How we do this has not yet been decided, but we will do this in the most fair way possible and in a way that ensures further decentralization and this will be decided by vote once we are ready to move forward.

As far as unlimited nodes goes, this is not something that we can offer because we do not have unlimited coins.

The reason why the required deposit of 500k XBY was needed is for the TRUST factor. Having thousands or millions of little nodes that are easily broken and replaced does not create TRUST. XtraBYtes is a new technology in development and therefore we ask that people not compare how we do things to how other coins do things. What may work for them may not work for us and until the full tech has been revealed, it will not be possible to make any sort of comparisons.

Thank you for understanding and we look forward to seeing you as part of the XtraBYtes Community Corporation

First thank you CCRevolution  for trying to explain my questions, I appreciate that!
But I still can't agree !

This decision was made by the early investiors, right?
And of course, these investors decided for this plan, who wouldn’t do that?!
What is fair about this decision when you are deciding for your own profit by knowing that the investors in the future won't have the chance to get into the same club!
They get a node for tiny money and now they can earn money without any work and nobody else can take it away from them? very good decision imo!

I know that there was a lot of work for promoting, but in every community, there are people who helping to promote the Coin at the beginning and most of the time they getting free coins for that job!
And these people know that if they are successful with the promotion the price will increase and they will be rich and because of that they are doing this job.
But getting a node for ever, come on that is way too much!

I am not talking about unlimited nodes! It was the right choice to set 500k Coins as a requirement.
With this requirement, there can't be unlimited nodes.
In the NEM blockchain for example you need 3 million Coins, but except that there is no limitation and everybody is equal in the system.
The early investors bought a node for a cheap price, and the present investors must pay a lot more.
This is how this has to be done !

I am sorry, but I am not going to be part of this community until it is a VIP Club where a handful people getting rich by doing nothing.
And this important decision was made in the past by the same people.
This is not a Coin for everybody, because not everybody has the same chance to get in and that is really a worse example for a crypto coin!

I am really sad to tell you this, because I really like the idea of the blockchain and it took me 3 days for doing some research.
I hope you will see that this is really not a fair distribution and hopefully you will change this soon!
seethevalue

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:40:33 PM

First thank you CCRevolution  for trying to explain my questions, I appreciate that!
But I still can't agree !

What is fair about this decision when you are deciding for your own profit by knowing that the investors in the future won't have the chance to get into the same club!
They get a node for tiny money and now they can earn money without any work and nobody else can take it away from them? very good decision imo!

I know that there was a lot of work for promoting, but in every community, there are people who helping to promote the Coin at the beginning and most of the time they getting free coins for that job!
And these people know that if they are successful with the promotion the price will increase and they will be rich and because of that they are doing this job.

I am not talking about unlimited nodes! It was the right choice to set 500k Coins as a requirement.
With this requirement, there can't be unlimited nodes.
In the NEM blockchain for example you need 3 million Coins, but except that there is no limitation and everybody is equal in the system.
The early investors bought a node for a cheap price, and the present investors must pay a lot more.
This is how this has to be done !

I am sorry, but I am not going to be part of this community until it is a VIP Club where a handful people getting rich by doing nothing.
And this important decision was made in the past by the same people.
This is not a Coin for everybody, because not everybody has the same chance to get in and that is really a worse example for a crypto coin!

I am really sad to tell you this, because I really like the idea of the blockchain and it took me 3 days for doing some research.
I hope you will see that this is really not a fair distribution and hopefully you will change this soon!

i personally think it's a good opportunity, because if big investors see good profit being made, they are more than likely to seek to buy them out increasing the value, therefore loads of upwards potential.
they probably need some kind of node exchange plat-form i could imagine  
Lopchi

Activity: 207

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:56:38 PM

The early investors are the ones that saw the potential in XBY while still in the early stage. The decision for 500k/L1 node was made to have as many longterm investors as possible to create a stable and trusted network. Because XBY will be used to pay for services you can't have unlimited nodes. As i understand L2 nodes will be almost the same as L1, only thing is that to earn as much as a L1 node owner you need more L2 nodes because these will be cheaper.

When these guys were promoting XBY alot of people didn't invest at low price because they didn't trust it yet. At start when i found out about XBY i didn't invest alot either because i didn't really have a lot of trust in it untill CC posted his first video. It was made clear from the start if i remember correctly that the amount of nodes would be limited. Sometimes you miss opportunities because you find out about something later than somebody else or you wait too long to invest early because you have not enough trust but that's how life is. It was all fair because all the information needed at that moment was out there, the thing is that you learned about XBY later than others.

Zylon

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:53:33 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 09:37:23 PM by Zylon

The early investors are the ones that saw the potential in XBY while still in the early stage. The decision for 500k/L1 node was made to have as many longterm investors as possible to create a stable and trusted network. Because XBY will be used to pay for services you can't have unlimited nodes. As i understand L2 nodes will be almost the same as L1, only thing is that to earn as much as a L1 node owner you need more L2 nodes because these will be cheaper.

When these guys were promoting XBY alot of people didn't invest at low price because they didn't trust it yet. At start when i found out about XBY i didn't invest alot either because i didn't really have a lot of trust in it untill CC posted his first video. It was made clear from the start if i remember correctly that the amount of nodes would be limited. Sometimes you miss opportunities because you find out about something later than somebody else or you wait too long to invest early because you have not enough trust but that's how life is. It was all fair because all the information needed at that moment was out there, the thing is that you learned about XBY later than others.

1.I think, I clearly explained why it is not fair when you make a decision for your own profit and not for the community and mainly not for the future community!
And I don't think that I missed a good a opportunity, I am a idealist and I don't wanna have a benefit like this.
Believe me, this is not good for your blockchain and your community too.
This was a big mistake imo and it was made made under pressure obviously, you will lose much credibility because of this matter.

2.Again I am not talking about unlimited nodes, I explained that too

3.It would be interesting to know how many L2 nodes you will need to get the same income?
And are you allowed to get many L2 nodes and is the value of the L2 node limited like the masternodes?

cedlemercier

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:43:09 PM

Proof of Signature Basic Introduction

The PoSign Mining is very easy to understand.

Each client (STaTiC Node) sees the same transactions and therefore each block is equally visible by the entire network. The STaTiC Nodes job with regard to the consensus is to simply sign the blocks. If any STaTiC tries to sign a fake block, the other STaTiC's will blacklist it and continue signing the VALID blocks.

For example:

Let's say there are 100 STaTiC Nodes online across the network and 1 tries to create a block that contains fake information (such as; fake transaction or bad blockhash etc...) This fake/bad block hash will be different than the other 99 hashes and therefore the other 99 clients (STaTiC Nodes) will send a warn/repair RPC message to the "bad" client. If the "bad" STaTiC Node repairs the block then the hash will become the same as the other 99. If it doesn't repair it and instead tries to resend over and over, the other nodes will eventually blacklist the STaTiC.

All other nodes (non STaTiC nodes) will see the last block that signed and how many STaTiCs accepted.

In comparison; Bitcoin and all other coins have only one untrusted, randomly selected node that signs and creates the block. With XBY, each block is created and signed by all the currently ONLINE STaTiC Nodes.

With XtraBYtes, there is no POW or POS mining to sign and verify the blocks. As we said, each online STaTiC signs and this is where you start to see the power of PoSign... Because, this means there are more signatures and more signatures = more security. Nobody can know all private keys from the STaTiC Nodes and therefore it is impossible to create fake STaTiC signed blocks.

At this point, we have ONLY 1 STaTiC node controlling XBY and the network is fast and secure...

After more STaTiCs have been registered on the network, XBY will be better than ALL other coins in the crypto world.

At this point, nobody really understands what is really happening here... We are developing THE COIN Wink This is the LATEST INNOVATION in BLOCKCHAIN technolgy and our man Borzalom is the Genius Mastermind who thought of it.

So, to summarize:

If Bitcoin security is 100% (with untrusted nodes signing the blocks) How much more powerful is XBY when it is also (100% + the use of trusted nodes) * the number of STaTiC Nodes? Like I said... he was blowing my mind when he was explaining all this to me a few nights ago.

Congratulations to all of you who are already with XtraBYtes... You are way ahead of the people who will be coming on board soon.... VERY SOON...

I have a few questions about the specifics of your consensus algorithm.

I generally approach consensus algorithms from a few angles:
-What are the attack vectors (both in stalling consensus and in reversing established consensus)
-How is power distributed (and what effects does that have on censorship)
-How does it impact scalability (both in transaction volume and number of users)

With those main ideas in mind:
1. How does someone actually become a STaTiC node? Do they have to go through the developer, can they set it up themselves?
2. How do you ensure that each STaTiC node sees the same transactions? Further to that point, if I send two transactions that conflict with one another, and some STaTiC nodes see the first and some see the second, how do they come to agreement which transaction is the legitimate one?
3. What constitutes a 'fake' block?
4. How do normal nodes know who the STaTiC nodes actually are, to verify the signatures against? How do thin clients do it?
5. Are blocks deterministic (i.e. everyone on the network at any point would be able to construct an identical block)?
6. It appears every STaTiC node is able to independently create identical blocks, is that true?
7. What is the threshold for normal nodes to accept a block as valid (99% of STaTiC signatures? 51%?)
8. What prevents the creation of an alternative history if someone compromises the original private key of the first STaTiC node? Is the network only weakly-subjective?

This is one of the RARE occasions we will post with Borzaloms English. Anyone can see from his history that this is him...

I do not have time to convert this to easily understandable English at this time because we are busy preparing the announcements.

However, I do not want this to go unanswered because it is troll food and all of you deserve to have the best chance at winning here at XtraBYtes.

Thank you for understanding, Borzalom and I will update this post ASAP.

[3:46:20 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.msg18775624#msg18775624
[3:46:46 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: That is a very heavy question... We will not have time to answer this tonight I dont think... unless you can make it very simple.
[3:46:50 PM] Borzalom: 1 working. maybe just a hour needed
[3:47:35 PM] Borzalom: I like heavy questions
[5:09:07 PM] Borzalom: Here is the answers:
[5:09:13 PM | Edited 5:09:51 PM] Borzalom: This is a first very- very good question. Therefore firstly I thank your contribution. I love the hard constructive technical questions.

1.) need deposit ( own address ) + need registration + long online time need after registration ( until old STaTiC-s accept the new STaTiC-s )
Difference the now and later the first registration ( between 25.000 - 50.000 blocks ) don't need the long online time and old STaTiC-s acception.
After registration code released then don't need developer. Maybe some code fixes but no more. And of course this is experimental therefore
if don't work the original plan then consensus maybe will change.

2.) The "chord" type internal routing between the STaTiC-s ensure the communication. Example If the hash of transaction is begin the 0x1
then the 0x1 STaTiC will the root who first validate and accept this transaction. If you sent the conflicted transactions then the first
will accepted or both will denied. The target STaTiC-s will decide this. I say again, this is expermental therefore i don't know exactly
the best solution. We will see how to work and if need then i will change the protocol. This is a top reason why no whitebook.

3.) Very difficult to answer. Of course lot of checking needed. Better question that what is the good block. If any block not good then that is fake.
Each STaTiC need to make consensus and need exactly 100% same block accepted. If the all accepted transactions broadcasted between the STaTiC-s then
the transactions of block will be equal therefore block has also will equal. ( just signature will the difference )

4.) STaTiC registration will ensure the public keys of STaTiC-s. The key revoke will work simile. All emitted and revoked key stored to blockchain.
nonSTaTiC nodes download the blockcahin and after done the download then will see all STaTiC public key and see also if the public key revoked.

5.) YES. The nonSTaTiC nodes created the blocks too but not broadcast. Each nonSTaTiC node validate the signed block and compare that the self
generated block. Therefore if any STaTiC try generate false blocks then nonSTaTiC nodes will recognise too.

6.) YES. See above. All node is able to independently create identical blocks not just STaTiC. Difference between nodes:  the STaTiC is able to signing too.

7.) Some STaTiC online and some offline therefore no exact number how many needed. After offline STaTiC go to online then will signing
the all unsigned blocks. This work like the confirmation of transactions. Each client decide yourself how many signatures needed to accept
the block. Now just one STaTiC working therefore very easy this number is one and 100%. Need expermence founding the best ratio and number.
After all newly registered STaTiC begin the work we will see how many online and offline at a time. I don't know this number exactly before STaTiC.

8.) The first static is just temporary. Required this fast patch because nobody want mining zero rewarded blocks. After STaTiC registration success then
i will burning the checkpoint to source code. The first temporary STaTiC will be removed.
[5:28:07 PM] Borzalom: ----
[5:28:09 PM] Borzalom: remark:
These answers valid at now. This is experimental coin. If required i change the plans. Remember why no white book. Just the goal fixed. We want STaTiC nodes, community owned coin and code, community data storage system, new block signing method. I personaly want very very big community who help me reaching the goals. I know this is big goal but i hope i have enought experience and knowledge to reache these goals. I say every time This is not tipical investment money this is experimental money. I don't richer or poor if you bought or sell. This is not my money i just the developer who experimenting. I think my first goal to save investor money who invested to bitmox successed. This is a next step. I don't guarante to this next experimence will als success or not.
[6:47:41 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: Hello, I just finished the video...
[6:47:47 PM] Borzalom: ok
[6:50:15 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: I am going to post your response as is... there is no time. So, here is how I will preceed:

Thanks for the answers.

How does the network know when to produce a new block? A decentralized network like this can't keep a reliable timestamp--for example, Bitcoin has a timestamp that can be about ±2 hours, and that timestamp is embedded by miners into the block they mine.

Also, how do you ensure that all nodes truly do see all the same transactions? While distributed networks like these generally work in a flood-fill-like manner, all kinds of things can cause nodes on the network to have a slightly different mempool. If all nodes on distributed networks truly had identical mempools, we wouldn't be having discussions about block propagation on Bitcoin, or they would be significantly different and less interesting (see https://gist.github.com/gavinandresen/e20c3b5a1d4b97f79ac2 for example).

To clarify a bit on the 'transaction contention' issue, here's an illustration:

Assume the existence of two transactions which conflict with one another (but are each independently valid), Tx1 and Tx2.

Purple nodes are normal STaTiC nodes, red ones are regular or STaTiC nodes controlled by the attacker.

The attacker node on the right releases Tx1 and the blue nodes are the STaTiC nodes which are aware that Tx1 exists on the network.

The attacker node on the left releases Tx2 and the green nodes are the STaTiC nodes which are aware that Tx2 exists on the network.

The remaining nodes on the network all hear about either Tx1 or Tx2. At this point, some STaTiC nodes believe Tx1 to be legitimate and others believe Tx2 to be legitimate, and can't reconcile without abandoning what they believe to be truth. It could be said that, once a block containing either Tx1 or Tx2 reaches 51% signature threshold, that the other STaTiC nodes would reconcile. But then the attack vector still exists: what about 3 attacker nodes and Tx1, Tx2, Tx3 which all conflict? And you can't just change the signature threshold to 34%, because then the reconciliation problem moves up to the block level. And on that note: if you choose 51%, then control of a few STaTiC nodes could double-sign and potentially cause desynchronization.

On the note of compromising the original STaTiC node, it would theoretically allow a separate, perfectly-valid blockchain separately. Since at block, say, bn only the single STaTiC node was relied on, then compromising it would allow creating a block bn+1, and a block bn+2, etc. And since none of these blocks on the attacker chain would include commitments of additional STaTiC nodes, that blockchain would only ever have that single authority, and could be created to arbitrary depth effortlessly.

I love XBY.
- If I trust, I buy and stay calm.
-If I do not trust, I go my way and do not buy.
- If there is any doubt about my investments, I sell.
- In any case, I keep my opinions for myself and I do not try to influence the community.
someguy09876

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:56:59 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 10:14:44 PM by someguy09876

I love XBY.
- In any case, I keep my opinions for myself and I do not try to influence the community.

This mantra is getting pretty creepy
seethevalue

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:30:05 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 11:43:07 PM by seethevalue

I love XBY.

right attitude to have though, because what all these other people do on these comments sections is to deliberate attempt to discredit coins to manipulate people into losing out, or projecting fear onto people deliberately or unaware.

they seem to look for a new way to attempt to discredit it each time, they have a problem.
because they think they say legitimate things, but they are nowhere close.

either the logic of paid for trolls, trying to do something, or something else. corporate government sponsored corruption. corporate sponsored corruption, or some kind of greed drives these kind of comments, because what they say is not right.

or faulty logic because it's obvious this coin should rise over time as long as everything done is legitimate and the word spoken is kept.
but when they do it, they do it to get the price down.
bigboss154

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:30:55 PM

Proof of Signature Basic Introduction

The PoSign Mining is very easy to understand.

Each client (STaTiC Node) sees the same transactions and therefore each block is equally visible by the entire network. The STaTiC Nodes job with regard to the consensus is to simply sign the blocks. If any STaTiC tries to sign a fake block, the other STaTiC's will blacklist it and continue signing the VALID blocks.

For example:

Let's say there are 100 STaTiC Nodes online across the network and 1 tries to create a block that contains fake information (such as; fake transaction or bad blockhash etc...) This fake/bad block hash will be different than the other 99 hashes and therefore the other 99 clients (STaTiC Nodes) will send a warn/repair RPC message to the "bad" client. If the "bad" STaTiC Node repairs the block then the hash will become the same as the other 99. If it doesn't repair it and instead tries to resend over and over, the other nodes will eventually blacklist the STaTiC.

All other nodes (non STaTiC nodes) will see the last block that signed and how many STaTiCs accepted.

In comparison; Bitcoin and all other coins have only one untrusted, randomly selected node that signs and creates the block. With XBY, each block is created and signed by all the currently ONLINE STaTiC Nodes.

With XtraBYtes, there is no POW or POS mining to sign and verify the blocks. As we said, each online STaTiC signs and this is where you start to see the power of PoSign... Because, this means there are more signatures and more signatures = more security. Nobody can know all private keys from the STaTiC Nodes and therefore it is impossible to create fake STaTiC signed blocks.

At this point, we have ONLY 1 STaTiC node controlling XBY and the network is fast and secure...

After more STaTiCs have been registered on the network, XBY will be better than ALL other coins in the crypto world.

At this point, nobody really understands what is really happening here... We are developing THE COIN Wink This is the LATEST INNOVATION in BLOCKCHAIN technolgy and our man Borzalom is the Genius Mastermind who thought of it.

So, to summarize:

If Bitcoin security is 100% (with untrusted nodes signing the blocks) How much more powerful is XBY when it is also (100% + the use of trusted nodes) * the number of STaTiC Nodes? Like I said... he was blowing my mind when he was explaining all this to me a few nights ago.

Congratulations to all of you who are already with XtraBYtes... You are way ahead of the people who will be coming on board soon.... VERY SOON...

I have a few questions about the specifics of your consensus algorithm.

I generally approach consensus algorithms from a few angles:
-What are the attack vectors (both in stalling consensus and in reversing established consensus)
-How is power distributed (and what effects does that have on censorship)
-How does it impact scalability (both in transaction volume and number of users)

With those main ideas in mind:
1. How does someone actually become a STaTiC node? Do they have to go through the developer, can they set it up themselves?
2. How do you ensure that each STaTiC node sees the same transactions? Further to that point, if I send two transactions that conflict with one another, and some STaTiC nodes see the first and some see the second, how do they come to agreement which transaction is the legitimate one?
3. What constitutes a 'fake' block?
4. How do normal nodes know who the STaTiC nodes actually are, to verify the signatures against? How do thin clients do it?
5. Are blocks deterministic (i.e. everyone on the network at any point would be able to construct an identical block)?
6. It appears every STaTiC node is able to independently create identical blocks, is that true?
7. What is the threshold for normal nodes to accept a block as valid (99% of STaTiC signatures? 51%?)
8. What prevents the creation of an alternative history if someone compromises the original private key of the first STaTiC node? Is the network only weakly-subjective?

This is one of the RARE occasions we will post with Borzaloms English. Anyone can see from his history that this is him...

I do not have time to convert this to easily understandable English at this time because we are busy preparing the announcements.

However, I do not want this to go unanswered because it is troll food and all of you deserve to have the best chance at winning here at XtraBYtes.

Thank you for understanding, Borzalom and I will update this post ASAP.

[3:46:20 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.msg18775624#msg18775624
[3:46:46 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: That is a very heavy question... We will not have time to answer this tonight I dont think... unless you can make it very simple.
[3:46:50 PM] Borzalom: 1 working. maybe just a hour needed
[3:47:35 PM] Borzalom: I like heavy questions
[5:09:07 PM] Borzalom: Here is the answers:
[5:09:13 PM | Edited 5:09:51 PM] Borzalom: This is a first very- very good question. Therefore firstly I thank your contribution. I love the hard constructive technical questions.

1.) need deposit ( own address ) + need registration + long online time need after registration ( until old STaTiC-s accept the new STaTiC-s )
Difference the now and later the first registration ( between 25.000 - 50.000 blocks ) don't need the long online time and old STaTiC-s acception.
After registration code released then don't need developer. Maybe some code fixes but no more. And of course this is experimental therefore
if don't work the original plan then consensus maybe will change.

2.) The "chord" type internal routing between the STaTiC-s ensure the communication. Example If the hash of transaction is begin the 0x1
then the 0x1 STaTiC will the root who first validate and accept this transaction. If you sent the conflicted transactions then the first
will accepted or both will denied. The target STaTiC-s will decide this. I say again, this is expermental therefore i don't know exactly
the best solution. We will see how to work and if need then i will change the protocol. This is a top reason why no whitebook.

3.) Very difficult to answer. Of course lot of checking needed. Better question that what is the good block. If any block not good then that is fake.
Each STaTiC need to make consensus and need exactly 100% same block accepted. If the all accepted transactions broadcasted between the STaTiC-s then
the transactions of block will be equal therefore block has also will equal. ( just signature will the difference )

4.) STaTiC registration will ensure the public keys of STaTiC-s. The key revoke will work simile. All emitted and revoked key stored to blockchain.
nonSTaTiC nodes download the blockcahin and after done the download then will see all STaTiC public key and see also if the public key revoked.

5.) YES. The nonSTaTiC nodes created the blocks too but not broadcast. Each nonSTaTiC node validate the signed block and compare that the self
generated block. Therefore if any STaTiC try generate false blocks then nonSTaTiC nodes will recognise too.

6.) YES. See above. All node is able to independently create identical blocks not just STaTiC. Difference between nodes:  the STaTiC is able to signing too.

7.) Some STaTiC online and some offline therefore no exact number how many needed. After offline STaTiC go to online then will signing
the all unsigned blocks. This work like the confirmation of transactions. Each client decide yourself how many signatures needed to accept
the block. Now just one STaTiC working therefore very easy this number is one and 100%. Need expermence founding the best ratio and number.
After all newly registered STaTiC begin the work we will see how many online and offline at a time. I don't know this number exactly before STaTiC.

8.) The first static is just temporary. Required this fast patch because nobody want mining zero rewarded blocks. After STaTiC registration success then
i will burning the checkpoint to source code. The first temporary STaTiC will be removed.
[5:28:07 PM] Borzalom: ----
[5:28:09 PM] Borzalom: remark:
These answers valid at now. This is experimental coin. If required i change the plans. Remember why no white book. Just the goal fixed. We want STaTiC nodes, community owned coin and code, community data storage system, new block signing method. I personaly want very very big community who help me reaching the goals. I know this is big goal but i hope i have enought experience and knowledge to reache these goals. I say every time This is not tipical investment money this is experimental money. I don't richer or poor if you bought or sell. This is not my money i just the developer who experimenting. I think my first goal to save investor money who invested to bitmox successed. This is a next step. I don't guarante to this next experimence will als success or not.
[6:47:41 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: Hello, I just finished the video...
[6:47:47 PM] Borzalom: ok
[6:50:15 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: I am going to post your response as is... there is no time. So, here is how I will preceed:

Thanks for the answers.

How does the network know when to produce a new block? A decentralized network like this can't keep a reliable timestamp--for example, Bitcoin has a timestamp that can be about ±2 hours, and that timestamp is embedded by miners into the block they mine.

Also, how do you ensure that all nodes truly do see all the same transactions? While distributed networks like these generally work in a flood-fill-like manner, all kinds of things can cause nodes on the network to have a slightly different mempool. If all nodes on distributed networks truly had identical mempools, we wouldn't be having discussions about block propagation on Bitcoin, or they would be significantly different and less interesting (see https://gist.github.com/gavinandresen/e20c3b5a1d4b97f79ac2 for example).

To clarify a bit on the 'transaction contention' issue, here's an illustration:

Assume the existence of two transactions which conflict with one another (but are each independently valid), Tx1 and Tx2.

Purple nodes are normal STaTiC nodes, red ones are regular or STaTiC nodes controlled by the attacker.

The attacker node on the right releases Tx1 and the blue nodes are the STaTiC nodes which are aware that Tx1 exists on the network.

The attacker node on the left releases Tx2 and the green nodes are the STaTiC nodes which are aware that Tx2 exists on the network.

The remaining nodes on the network all hear about either Tx1 or Tx2. At this point, some STaTiC nodes believe Tx1 to be legitimate and others believe Tx2 to be legitimate, and can't reconcile without abandoning what they believe to be truth. It could be said that, once a block containing either Tx1 or Tx2 reaches 51% signature threshold, that the other STaTiC nodes would reconcile. But then the attack vector still exists: what about 3 attacker nodes and Tx1, Tx2, Tx3 which all conflict? And you can't just change the signature threshold to 34%, because then the reconciliation problem moves up to the block level. And on that note: if you choose 51%, then control of a few STaTiC nodes could double-sign and potentially cause desynchronization.

On the note of compromising the original STaTiC node, it would theoretically allow a separate, perfectly-valid blockchain separately. Since at block, say, bn only the single STaTiC node was relied on, then compromising it would allow creating a block bn+1, and a block bn+2, etc. And since none of these blocks on the attacker chain would include commitments of additional STaTiC nodes, that blockchain would only ever have that single authority, and could be created to arbitrary depth effortlessly.

I love XBY.

Your enthusiasm is great but you really don't need to post this all the time. Just saying.   Smiley
EbenTheva

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:23:16 AM

I love XBY.

I think there is no problem in sharing ones feelings. I love XBY too and all what Dave and the team had done. I feel it's good to show support and to affirm it. After all, human nature is to only find fault or talk about the shortfalls. I love constructive suggestions. And then I have no problem chanting the "I love XBY" slogan. Infact, I would like to have a sticker too!!  

TOTO6131

Activity: 102
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:26:14 AM

xtrabytes.today

gLuisGonz

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:33:38 AM

Only Newbie users.
Red flag.
Anonymous programmer.
Anonymous manager.
Anonymous designer.
Only fictional characters.

CCRevolution
Date Registered: February 17, 2017

bikerleszno
Date Registered:    December 06, 2013
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=181702

vanfly
Activity:    59
Position:    Jr. Member
Date Registered:    April 25, 2017

kubricktrader
Activity: 70

Zeehenk
Activity: 98

LostWords
Activity: 70

PTOWNER
Activity: 2

r33cxe
Activity: 17

captcha01
Activity: 49
Date Registered: May 20, 2017

cedlemercier
Activity: 23

TOTO6131
Activity: 71

bigboss154
Activity: 33
Date Registered: May 01, 2017

seethevalue
Activity: 67

someguy09876
Activity: 10

Zylon
Activity: 72

CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:02:33 AM

A Friendly Message for our Developers!!

In the National Hockey League, the ultimate prize is the Stanley Cup. It takes a powerful TEAM that is in sync with everyone performing at their highest levels in order to achieve success.

I believe that what we are working on has several parallels and I have recorded a message for our present and future development TEAM Members to listen to. The time has come for everyone to stake their XBY claim and become part of the history that is now at the pioneer level...

https://youtu.be/u6dYYFouzMU

Thank you all for what you have done and what you will do in the future of XtraBYtes!!

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:06:31 AM

I love XBY.

Not creepy at all it's either you're in or you're out I still have great faith in xtrabyte just take a look at it's 24 hours volume Volume (24h)$59,872 23.97 BTC this is the mark that this coin has a good potential in the market

EbenTheva

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:30:59 AM

A Friendly Message for our Developers!!

In the National Hockey League, the ultimate prize is the Stanley Cup. It takes a powerful TEAM that is in sync with everyone performing at their highest levels in order to achieve success.

I believe that what we are working on has several parallels and I have recorded a message for our present and future development TEAM Members to listen to. The time has come for everyone to stake their XBY claim and become part of the history that is now at the pioneer level...

https://youtu.be/u6dYYFouzMU

Thank you all for what you have done and what you will do in the future of XtraBYtes!!

Thank you Dave.. straight from the heart!! Thanks again...
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: