Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:24:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371087 times)
aarell

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:03:27 AM

I had some communication with Borzalom today by PM, he asks that I help and support CCREV and not attack him.

I have decided that even though I'm just some internet noob my voice does influence some people. So I have decided to be more positive because the truth is I am positive about Xtrabytes, always have been and if they develop the project I always will be. A practical base for decentralised world is the future away from control of others and absolute security for individuals and companies information. Problem is because the community is so immature even legitimate concerns can't be processed so it becomes more than it is. Its all black and white to some people when really there is a lot of greys.

But the fact is Borz and Dave will be partners probably forever. But I think Borz understands that XBY is a project that will be bigger than him or Dave or anyone in the team or community. So yes I think CCREV does not have the level of skills to take us to the big levels but I do think he is ok guy I guess, honest and hardworking. Its actually no shame to not possess skills that only a few have to be a CEO of a huge company which is why CEOs are paid millions and also TECH CEOs are even harder to hire because its such a specific skills set. I'm not sure anyone involved in XBY past or present has those skills sets honestly even the best of the ex Board members.

But this is what I will be positive about. The tech is in my opinion potentially world changing, I wouldn't be here if I didn't think so. So I accept the situation is now knowing that the future is unknown and XBY will have a life far beyond DAVE and even BORZ. And that at the end of the day CCREVs main goal is to get the right people, he doesn't need to BE the right people....so maybe even harsh critics of CCREV can help him choose the right people to run various areas of XTRABYTES into the next stages. So I am back to being positive about the project....long term. I haven't sold one XBY in this last week, I guess if I wanted to make money from trading XBY I could of but I keep all my coins offline now.

*Also my wife told me to be more nicer online and not argue with people so really she is the real boss of me.

*And Biker....give it a rest, you only have one conversation and that is pump pump pump and that anyone who says different is fudding. You aren't helping the credibility of XBY with this aggressive cheerleading.

Your posts are worth reading when you talk about tech and share your knowledge.
Good decision.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SupremeGoose

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:06:30 AM

I discovered an XBY price ticker extention for google chrome today, and it is pretty nice,  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/xtrabytes-xby-price-ticke/dofjkikgeicoclhfahnckhlgbdilpedn thank you to whoever coded it.  Smiley

sokolasi

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:30:58 AM

I had some communication with Borzalom today by PM, he asks that I help and support CCREV and not attack him.

I have decided that even though I'm just some internet noob my voice does influence some people. So I have decided to be more positive because the truth is I am positive about Xtrabytes, always have been and if they develop the project I always will be. A practical base for decentralised world is the future away from control of others and absolute security for individuals and companies information. Problem is because the community is so immature even legitimate concerns can't be processed so it becomes more than it is. Its all black and white to some people when really there is a lot of greys.

But the fact is Borz and Dave will be partners probably forever. But I think Borz understands that XBY is a project that will be bigger than him or Dave or anyone in the team or community. So yes I think CCREV does not have the level of skills to take us to the big levels but I do think he is ok guy I guess, honest and hardworking. Its actually no shame to not possess skills that only a few have to be a CEO of a huge company which is why CEOs are paid millions and also TECH CEOs are even harder to hire because its such a specific skills set. I'm not sure anyone involved in XBY past or present has those skills sets honestly even the best of the ex Board members.

But this is what I will be positive about. The tech is in my opinion potentially world changing, I wouldn't be here if I didn't think so. So I accept the situation is now knowing that the future is unknown and XBY will have a life far beyond DAVE and even BORZ. And that at the end of the day CCREVs main goal is to get the right people, he doesn't need to BE the right people....so maybe even harsh critics of CCREV can help him choose the right people to run various areas of XTRABYTES into the next stages. So I am back to being positive about the project....long term. I haven't sold one XBY in this last week, I guess if I wanted to make money from trading XBY I could of but I keep all my coins offline now.

*Also my wife told me to be more nicer online and not argue with people so really she is the real boss of me.

*And Biker....give it a rest, you only have one conversation and that is pump pump pump and that anyone who says different is fudding. You aren't helping the credibility of XBY with this aggressive cheerleading.

That's the spirit. most of you, are big believers... keep this and move yourselfs to next level, becoming helpers and supporters. i have seen a lot of people around who supporting xby only by hodling. thats one way but to make it bigger its needs more... And most of you can give more. Sorry for my English.
PeoplePower

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:29:41 AM

CCREVs main goal is to get the right people, he doesn't need to BE the right people

Always has been... always will be...

I am only 100% for the best interest of XTRABYTES!

Welcome back Cool

https://xtrabytes.global/images/REALBYTE.jpg

Guys, I'm really glad to see that you are both coming to agree on what's important for the success of the project. Thanks for that!
SupremeGoose

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:52:16 AM

I want to like this project, I really do, it seems like it has great potential. But as you said I'm also concerned about the xfuel coming out of nowhere. Also this drama that is going on for days. It puts me on the fence about the project and its future.

It's very sad that you joined the slack channel on the wrong time, and when it was not moderated. But please take your time and learn more about the project. XFUEL is not  problem at all, opposite, it's speed-ups the development of mainnet, without any inflation of the XBY coin, and it will help to make an XBTABYTES network even stronger at the and, without any damage. Please learn more.

What was happening here on the weekend, is just some of the days of a very young and perspective coin IMHO. And please always make sure that your investment desidions are always bases on your personal risk managment. Thank you.

VALTER 1017

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:00:03 PM

Who ever heard of closing a Novaexchange ?
"Kindly note "Novaexchange" will have new owners and management effective April 2018, with major upgrades to the exchange to better handle scaling, stability and security.
For better management and security of customer funds we have decided to close down Novaexchange so that the users can withdraw all their funds with no participation/responsibility of action of the new management."
"Remaining user balances that has not been withdrawn before 2018-04-01 will be considered a donation and is not refundable."

https://novaexchange.com/news/
easyrimka

Activity: 518
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:01:17 PM

"Kindly note "Novaexchange" will have new owners and management effective April 2018, with major upgrades to the exchange to better handle scaling, stability and security.
For better management and security of customer funds we have decided to close down Novaexchange so that the users can withdraw all their funds with no participation/responsibility of action of the new management."

i have also received the mail. But you have the time , it will close in april 2018
everythingisgreat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:01:05 PM

"Remaining user balances that has not been withdrawn before 2018-04-01 will be considered a donation and is not refundable."

It will be nice once we get on a bigger exchange.  There were a lot of comments on the reddit posts that said people were turned off by the fact  XBY was on some questionable exchanges.  Once we hit one of the more reputable exchanges a whole new group of investors will start buying in. 

That being said I haven't had any problems with cryptopia and it's unknown factor is the only thing keeping poeple away.

dontknowwhy

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:21:02 PM

It will be nice once we get on a bigger exchange.  There were a lot of comments on the reddit posts that said people were turned off by the fact  XBY was on some questionable exchanges.  Once we hit one of the more reputable exchanges a whole new group of investors will start buying in. 

That being said I haven't had any problems with cryptopia and it's unknown factor is the only thing keeping poeple away.

Absolutely- bigger exchanges= more investors
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:33:57 PM

Nova was respectable, by people who were 'in' crypto for some time, but newbies will complain. It's very sad news for me too...
dontknowwhy

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:29:55 PM

Good to see peace here! Smiley
ThepowerofD

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:01:07 PM

Nova was respectable, by people who were 'in' crypto for some time, but newbies will complain. It's very sad news for me too...
Nova was/is. A decent site hope it comes back better stronger hopefully my then Xchange is Ready to go

overttherainbow

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:40:58 PM

This amiable atmosphere is far more appealing to believers, old and new. I hope it continues long the future along with XBY.

I think new exchanges will be a great way to garner a wider audience base. Once people see a high daily trading volume spread across multiple exchanges they will be far more enticed to look into and understand what XBY is and why it's so important. But until then we have to rely on hardcore believers which, while they are the core of any idea, they alone do not generate a high trading volume and so they alone cannot exhibit (at least effectively) the broad use cases of the project.

All the same I am a true believer in this project and I'm very excited for the future once this peace can be maintained.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:52:49 PM

Sad to see Nova go, I did have a couple of coins on there.

Indeed very glad to see that the atmosphere in both the Slack and this thread is improving again  Cheesy

everythingisgreat

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:20:02 PM

This amiable atmosphere is far more appealing to believers, old and new. I hope it continues long the future along with XBY.

I think new exchanges will be a great way to garner a wider audience base. Once people see a high daily trading volume spread across multiple exchanges they will be far more enticed to look into and understand what XBY is and why it's so important. But until then we have to rely on hardcore believers which, while they are the core of any idea, they alone do not generate a high trading volume and so they alone cannot exhibit (at least effectively) the broad use cases of the project.

All the same I am a true believer in this project and I'm very excited for the future once this peace can be maintained.

If XBY was just a standard cut and past coin it would probably already be dead with all the chaos a few have chosen to partake in.  But because it is attempting to do something new and exciting it seems to be much more resilient. 
The next few weeks are probably going to be hard for most alts because of the BTC fork.  It will be interesting to see what happens to XBY afterwards.

bigboss154

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:14:19 PM

Damn, shame about Nova. I know it was only a minor exchange for XBY, but I think there are a lot of coins that relied on it. 
everythingisgreat

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:22:48 PM

Damn, shame about Nova. I know it was only a minor exchange for XBY, but I think there are a lot of coins that relied on it. 

For sure, you would think that another exchange will pick up their users and openness to coins.  It was one of the new to trade XBY though so there wasn't much time to develop a market there it probably would have grown as fewer people went through yobit since cryptopia doesn't have all the coins that nova did.

SupremeGoose

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 09:06:47 AM

Please don't forget to move all your coins from Nova to another exchange. For XTRABYTES, Cryptopia is recommended.

everythingisgreat

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:51:36 AM

I wanted to repost Yankeeruinx's post about supply because I don't think it got as much attention as it should have because the the craziness of the past few days. It makes a strong argument for why we should see a price rise above what you would expect with a high supply coin.

XFUEL was created to solve a problem, how to fund the development of XTRABYTES?  See, XTRABYTES isn’t some corporate backed project with a $100 million budget for marketing and it doesn’t have a fancy ICO to raise funds.  If it did, it would have $80 million set aside for marketing and development.  

All XBY coins are in circulation so there isn’t some secret supply stashed away anywhere that the Development Team can sell off to raise capital.  So something had to be done to solve this dilemma and that’s where XFUEL comes into play.  However, XFUEL does much more than simply provide development funds as you will see below.

Before XFUEL, the STATIC node setup had LEVEL 1 (500,000 XBY) and LEVEL 2 (250,000 XBY) nodes as follows:
              STATICS       XBY Supply
LEVEL 1   512              256,000,000
LEVEL 2   1024            256,000,000
Total       1536            512,000,000

That would mean the XTRABYTES platform would run on 1,536 STATIC nodes and there would be 138 Million XBY left in circulation.  This would not allow for affordable LEVEL 3 (125,000 XBY) nodes to be registered, as that would require a supply of 768,000,000 XBY, far more than the permanently fixed supply of 650,000,000 XBY available.

This is where XFUEL steps in, by fulfilling the STATIC network and making it even more decentralized.  While node holders can still register their STATIC entirely with XBY, they can now use both XBY and XFUEL to accomplish the same goal.

By including XFUEL, one can register a STATIC node with a ratio of 67% XBY / 33% XFUEL.  This is what the STATIC node network looks like now with the addition of XFUEL:

STATICS      XBY Supply      XFUEL SUPPLY
LEVEL 1    512             168,960,000    87,040,000
LEVEL 2    1024           174,080,000    81,920,000
LEVEL 3    2048           174,080,000    81,920,000
Total         3584           516,120,000   250,880,000

As all nodes are registered, around 134 Million XBY will remain in circulation to be used as a payment system for modules on the network.  This system more than doubles the stability of the platform by adding 2,048 extra STATIC nodes.

XFUEL/XBY will be the first trading pair on the new XTRABYTES Decentralized Exchange (DEX) platform called the X-CHANGE.  This is a double win because:

1.   It allows people to buy XFUEL.
2.   XFUEL/XBY showcases the X-CHANGE so people can witness proof of tech. This will allow the X-CHANGE to expand and add more pairings like you would expect from a traditional exchange but with full decentralization.

XFUEL is a brilliant solution to a complex problem.  XFUEL provides a funding method for development and more than doubles platform stability.  XFUEL also plays a roll in registering a STATIC node and node holders will earn XFUEL fees by securing the X-CHANGE.  Since XFUEL doesn’t dilute the value of XBY value, as active XBY circulation decreases, it is literally a win for everyone who holds both XBY and XFUEL.

Ethereum X

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:08:40 PM

NovaExchange is about to close, take care of your coins guys!
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: