Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 09:02:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125048 times)
hanz

Activity: 62
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:53:43 AM

So I did yesterday (240 chips, together with a friend). Batch 5 does not seem to go as fast as some of the previous batches. People, keep ordering! Smiley
daemondazz

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:26:09 AM

Not sure if I've missed it (not following along every post but just skim-reading), are you doing the same thing with the sample chips for batchs 3+ as you did for the first two?

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
ajas

Activity: 130
Merit: 58

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:58:01 AM

ajas; 200; 17.2; 1LbVLFEH7tmfRprWrSaZq74N9CFjPd7i5z

thanks
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:49:06 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 10:30:37 PM by SebastianJu

So I did yesterday (240 chips, together with a friend). Batch 5 does not seem to go as fast as some of the previous batches. People, keep ordering! Smiley

Till now this batch runs 2 days and 16hours, the other batches took this time:

Batch 1: 9 days, 9hours
Batch 2: 7 days, 7hours
Batch 3: 5 days, 16hours
Batch 4: 4 days, 14hours

I wonder what the reason is. The only thing i changed is that i only edit the first post with the list of orders now and dont post it at the end again so that the thread goes to the top of threads again.
But maybe its the weather or similar only... Wink
Edit: Looks like only in german thread a couple of people complained about me posting the list at the end of the thread again. I did this when new orders came in and the last list was posted longer than a hour back. Maybe i should post the list in this thread only again. Maybe edit the list when the post was done <2 hourse and repost it when >2hours. But im not sure if that would speed up anything.

Not sure if I've missed it (not following along every post but just skim-reading), are you doing the same thing with the sample chips for batchs 3+ as you did for the first two?

Yes, i already ask the owners of the samples in batch 4 downwards. Batch 3 is fully answered, batch 4 has 2 chips that have to be answered still.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
CumpsD

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:11:18 PM

Posting the list was a good thing imho, kept me updated, triggers notification in foru software, and bumps it Wink

Probably the reason it's slower, not bumped all the time
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 12:53:44 PM

I can start it again in english thread. Only in german thread people said its annoying. Let me know if i should do this. I mean it would be a legit thing to post updates... others might post a "bump", so i think posting a updated list is way better then.

Japs2013

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 06:19:21 PM

Maybe i should post the list in this thread only again.

Yes please Cheesy

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:32:39 PM

I had to edit my post about the time the last batches took to fill (5 posts back)... my calc-sheet had the wrong formula. Now it should be correct.

Twh

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:36:04 PM

This has probably been brought up earlier already, but I'll bring it up again anyway:
You say in the OP that you will collect shipping information when the batch arrives. Won't that result in a bit of a clusterfuck and slow down shipping as a result though? The reasoning is that a lot of things change, my recommendation is that you start collecting shipping info 1-2 weeks before the estimated time of delivery. That way you won't have to deal with a ton of messages and verifying them and whatnot on top of having to deal with labeling and sending packages, hell you'll even be able to prepare the packages so you only have to add the chips once you receive them.
There will definitely be a lot of people late with the info as well; I don't really see why you wouldn't want to do it this way. Much less of a rush on both ends.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 08:30:27 PM

This has probably been brought up earlier already, but I'll bring it up again anyway:
You say in the OP that you will collect shipping information when the batch arrives. Won't that result in a bit of a clusterfuck and slow down shipping as a result though? The reasoning is that a lot of things change, my recommendation is that you start collecting shipping info 1-2 weeks before the estimated time of delivery. That way you won't have to deal with a ton of messages and verifying them and whatnot on top of having to deal with labeling and sending packages, hell you'll even be able to prepare the packages so you only have to add the chips once you receive them.
There will definitely be a lot of people late with the info as well; I don't really see why you wouldn't want to do it this way. Much less of a rush on both ends.

I want to collect the addresses some weeks before the batch arrives. The reason is that there still every week new assemblers and developers come out. So the address might change. I cant collect the address too late because no one wants the chips lying around with me, they should ship fast. Collecting too early might lead to many changes for shipping address later.

I think youre right anyway... i already wrote in german thread that it can happen that the first batch arrives in 19 days already. The reason is the following: zefir ordered his first batch at april the 16th. All of his 7 batches and our 1. batch changed to "Chips ordered" on may 22th. That means from zefirs order of his first batch to ordering 5 weeks and one days passed by. So long avalon collected batches to order. They claim they will deliver after 9-10 weeks. That means 9 weeks from april the 16th is june 19th. And because our first batch was ordered in foundry at the same time it might be that he will come at the same time. So it could be he arrives after 5 weeks and 4 days. Maybe... only a guess. So when this can be true it would be probably wise to start collecting the shipping address now. I think i will start this the next days. Burnins shop wont take long anymore too i believe, at least his website coder is working already. And in case someone wants to change the address later he can still do as long as the chips didnt arrive.

szym00

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:14:32 AM

...so we all waiting for the chips from the first Batch Smiley what about samples... they did not show up yet? you do not have them?
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:29:23 PM

...so we all waiting for the chips from the first Batch Smiley what about samples... they did not show up yet? you do not have them?

The samples didnt arrive yet. zefir didnt receive them too, otherwise, most probably, he would have  mentioned it.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 11:32:48 PM

I thought about it and will start to collect the target adresses now. I mean the addresses where the chips of the group buyers should be sent to. To your private address or an assembler that creates a miner out of it.

Why now? It could happen that at least batch 1 arrives at june 19th already. The reason is that zefir ordered his first batch on april 16th. At may 22th our first batch and all 7 batches from zefir changed to "Chips ordered". That means he waited at that time already 5 weeks and one day. It sounds like avalon collected chip orders for 5 weeks. If thats the case then avalon has calculated 4-5 weeks to get the chips delivered to themselves, to ship them to their customers and that the customer receives them. Since our first batch now is produced already too it could happen that the waiting time is shortening. Thats of course only a guess but being prepared is better than that it gets hectic at the end. So it could be that at least batch 1 arrives with me at june 19th. That would be only 5 weeks and 4 days but when all batches are ordered at the same time at the foundry its at least possible.

On top at the moment there are already a good chunk of developers and assemblers that offer their services. In case someone wants to take a look... in my signature there is a list linked. There is already a good chunk of targets available for miner assembly.

So i will now start collecting adresses for all batches. These can be adjusted later of course as long as the batch didnt arrive.

Im asking myself still how i can handle the fiat-fee and the shipping cost. Those fees will be shared between all that have the same target. It will be shared per orderer, not per amount of chips. But we still dont know if one or more batches will arrive at the same moment. When they arrive as single batches im sure they should be shipped fast, so when another batch arrives it would mean another shipment. I think we could do it the way that i for the moment take it as if all batches will arrive alone. I will calculate the shippingcost per batch for the moment. In case more than one batch arrives at the same moment i still can give shipping costs and fiat fee back. And who already knows that he, for example, wants his chips from batch 2 shipped together with his chips from batch 3 can tell me this and only needs to pay for one shipment.

Ok, how will this go best... like i said, you send me a pm or a post. There you tell me how many chips should go where. Give me a target address or a username of an assembler from the list in my signature. Or any other address.

Example:

Batch 1 Order 95 20 Chips to burnin 30 Chips to <your address>
or
Batch 2 Order 102 3 Chips dont ship
Batch 3 Order 105 27 Chips + Batch 2 Order 102 3 Chips to burnin
or
Batch 2 Order 107 40 Chips I will come to pick up.

Simple write me so that i know where your chips should be going to. Of course you have to have the sending address verified for the order.

I will put a list to the shipments to the assembler. This list contains the batchnumber, the ordernumber, the sending address and the amount of chips that are shipped from this order.

I asked myself if it makes sense to demand another verification, in case your account was hacked. But this doesnt make sense, i believe. When your account was hacked the hacker could see your PM with the verification. And a user whose account was hacked will work on getting the account back. Such hack wouldnt be of long time. Another verification couldnt bring more security.

But there are still some orderer that didnt verify their sending address and even some i dont know at all because they didnt claim their payment as coming from them. Please do this. Before that happened i cant ship the chips.

By the way... if a batch comes earlier and someone didnt give his shipping address then i will ship so that the others dont have to wait because of that.

Till now i didnt note any target addresses because the assemblers that can be used still werent complete. This changed now.

mimarob

Activity: 354
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:31:38 AM

Hi, I pulled the payment info from the blockchain. This way you can also see when the orders where made.

https://blockchain.info/address/1AXSThtCPviP4zXmoxXZmFUd27HkPL9Xty

ajas

Activity: 130
Merit: 58

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:42:37 PM

As far as I see there are currently the following open Avalon chip group buys in Europe:

paid  reserved open

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189582.0   t13hydra     (Romania)      507                 9493
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200067.0   bizwoo         (Spain ?)      2570      100    7330
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=217316.0   marto74      (Bulgaria)     1306                8694
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.0   sebastianJu (Germany)   4644                5356
                                                                                                                         -------------------------
                                                                                                                         9027      100     873

If orders come in as slowly as currently we may consider to join forces.
(This is just a suggestion. I am aware that it will be some work to coordinate that.)
hanz

Activity: 62
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:43:44 PM

Why is it stalling? Are we missing something? Is BFL shipping?
mimarob

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:00:45 PM

There seems to be a market saturation, only this many crazy people around :-)

mimarob

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:13:45 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 10:19:20 PM by mimarob

Update, small order some hours ago.

another 11.18 just poped in (tell me if I'm being annoying :-)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 10:00:39 PM

@bcdev... the first batch took 9days and 9hours too. But i will keep the GB open and when im the only one buying chips... Smiley Simply because i think its still the best investment that one can do at the moment. But im sure there will be others that are interested for more chips. Smiley

@ajas... Putting three groupbuys together was suggested from another groupbuy before already and the members of this groupbuy wasnt very excited. Mainly because of the additional layer of insecurity. But like i said... ill keep it open because iam want to buy more chips too. And im sure some will help with it... Smiley

I believe its stalling because the word about the groupbuy reached everyone. Most people invested already and now its slowing down. I dont believe it will stop. Im pleased when the batches will fill slowly so that the chips will be produced. And it looks like Avalon is collecting batches for 5 weeks long anyway. So it doesnt matter much when this batch takes a bit longer.

Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:16:40 AM

I suspect we'll see another round of buying once the sample chips are in the developers hands and confirmed working

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: