Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:22:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125063 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 08:54:55 PM

zefir's 1. batch: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg2790248#msg2790248

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 11:44:04 PM

Updated all tables.

2765 Unique users

Missing info:
21 billing addresses in full or partly (7.61%)
36 target address, for example assembler (13.04%)
5 Verifications (1.82%)

3107 Chips without billing address (5.55%)
5872 Chips without target address (10.49%)

CumpsD

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:06:46 AM

Nice, good way to see what will be coming your way too Smiley
krasnolud

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:44:33 AM

So Avalon is not shipping all the early batches altogether as we hoped. Sad
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:53:49 AM

So Avalon is not shipping all the early batches altogether as we hoped. Sad

zefir is the only normal buyer that got a batch i believe. Yifu only stated in his newsletter that the chips are shipped starting mid july and in order of buying. He has the chips already as it looks.
It might be that he really waits days until the next batch is send. But that would be a bit strange. He didnt show such kind of "fairness" in previous orders so i doubt he will do it this way. When batch 3 miners are shipped, i believe, he will ship all other batches one after another. That could be fast.

Of course thats only my guess, might run another way.

sprint347

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:31:42 AM

I'm selling 10 x chips in batch 5

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261730.0
Tursk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:07:00 PM

10 weeks have now passed since batch 2 was ordered.

This week Avalon shipped only one 10k batch of chips to zefir, and nobody else has got nothing. If Avalon continues to process only one chip order per week are we getting any chips before winter  Huh
ajw107

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:31:27 PM

Hi
You say that there are some chips without complete address details (not sure if this is payment or delivery address), does this mean that some chips may become available (to send to burnin), or have I missed the boat on this?
Alex
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 11:29:23 PM

Hi
You say that there are some chips without complete address details (not sure if this is payment or delivery address), does this mean that some chips may become available (to send to burnin), or have I missed the boat on this?
Alex

No, they belong to someone so i cant sell them. But if the infos are missing when the chips are here those owner have to wait for their chips.

You might check out the sales and auction subforums. There seems to be running a couple of resales.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 11:35:15 PM

This week Avalon shipped only one 10k batch of chips to zefir, and nobody else has got nothing. If Avalon continues to process only one chip order per week are we getting any chips before winter  Huh

I tend to think that avalon had 10k chips lay around and they wanted to show good will by shipping a batch. If they didnt the customers would cry already. So they are silent...
Its the only explaination to me that this single batch is the only shipped.

ajw107

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 11:36:04 PM

Oh right, I understand, thank you for your help.  I'll keep on looking.
Alex
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:09:57 AM

This week Avalon shipped only one 10k batch of chips to zefir, and nobody else has got nothing. If Avalon continues to process only one chip order per week are we getting any chips before winter  Huh

I tend to think that avalon had 10k chips lay around and they wanted to show good will by shipping a batch. If they didnt the customers would cry already. So they are silent...

There is another explanation: Guys from Avalon batch #3 freaked out when they saw 1st Zefir batch shipped. They thought it was ultimately unfair towards them, and some of them started to organize to go to court, picking lawyers etc. It's not totally crazy since BitSynCom is registered US company, Yifu can have some legal problems. My opinion is that he doesn't dare to ship any more chip batches until he ships some more machines to minimize the risk for these guys to organize, when most of them get their machines it will be hard for them to prove they are screwed.
2017orso

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:12:31 PM

If anyone is interested, I am selling 230 chips from Batch 6 here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263399.new#new

Thanks
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 02:30:48 PM

This week Avalon shipped only one 10k batch of chips to zefir, and nobody else has got nothing. If Avalon continues to process only one chip order per week are we getting any chips before winter  Huh

There is another explanation: Guys from Avalon batch #3 freaked out when they saw 1st Zefir batch shipped. They thought it was ultimately unfair towards them, and some of them started to organize to go to court, picking lawyers etc. It's not totally crazy since BitSynCom is registered US company, Yifu can have some legal problems. My opinion is that he doesn't dare to ship any more chip batches until he ships some more machines to minimize the risk for these guys to organize, when most of them get their machines it will be hard for them to prove they are screwed.

Its true that Yifu's first priority now is the batch 3 miners. At least i take this from a ticket i nearly forced to answer him. He wrote that other problems are more important than the chip shipment. That only can be the batch 3 miners and the problems he mentioned with it.
Part of the problem might be solved by refunds, even though i only know one person that actually got a refund yet.

Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:51:07 PM

Well, Zefyr's batch 1 was ordered 16 April.  Assuming the wafer run is only booked with the foundry when the chips are ordered from Avalon, then even our batch 1 wafers would have been ordered quite a few weeks after zefir's.  And then of course actual lead time might vary, depending on how busy the foundry is when the order is placed (and how busy the packaging house is, and how quick Avalon is at shipping the chips out - and indeed how quick Avalon was to place the order with the foundry in the first place).

It will be interesting to see how long Zefir's next batches take, since they were only ordered a couple of days later.  In fact even zefir's batch 7 was ordered before our batch 1 - so does that mean our batch 6 will actually ship before our batch 1? :-)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 03:00:45 PM

Well, Zefyr's batch 1 was ordered 16 April.  Assuming the wafer run is only booked with the foundry when the chips are ordered from Avalon, then even our batch 1 wafers would have been ordered quite a few weeks after zefir's.  And then of course actual lead time might vary, depending on how busy the foundry is when the order is placed (and how busy the packaging house is, and how quick Avalon is at shipping the chips out - and indeed how quick Avalon was to place the order with the foundry in the first place).

It will be interesting to see how long Zefir's next batches take, since they were only ordered a couple of days later.  In fact even zefir's batch 7 was ordered before our batch 1 - so does that mean our batch 6 will actually ship before our batch 1? :-)

Im wondering only that zefir's second batch isnt shipped already. I mean he ordered the batches nearly day after day. The delay looks to me like avalon only wanted to show that they ship, but its not their first priority right now. I have one batch 3 miner ordered too but asked for a refund now. I mean those miners are expensive compared to chips +  burnin. And they probably will be send nearly at the same time. One good thing that speaks for avalon is that they refund in full and in bitcoin... thats not what others do.
Lets seen when zefir announces his 2. batch is on the way...

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 10:52:16 PM

Updated all tables.

280 Unique users

Missing info:
15 billing addresses in full or partly (5.36%)
25 target address, for example assembler (8.93%)
5 Verifications (1.79%)

2094 Chips without billing address (3.74%)
3934 Chips without target address (7.03%)

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 09:10:34 PM

A friendly person in our group is donating 4 chips to someone who needs them to get his miner full. Im not sure if i can name him so i let it be until he says another way.
Let me know if you need some to get your board filled up. He wants to give it for free.

One sample chip is available too for a developer again. The chip came back because china post was stupid. Correct address but they cant find it. Now the developer doesnt need it anymore because he got some samples from otherwhere. If there is a dev that still needs a sample and provides something for the community let me know.

I found that our first batch was ordered 11 weeks ago... 9-10 were the plan. And zefir's second batch had to be shipped 2 days ago but didnt. I hope Yifu doesnt hold back all the chips only because the batch 3 miners dont work. I mean batch 3 miners not working is bad enough but spreading this on the next product for being fair to batch 3 buyers? I hope it starts soon.

guyver

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:57:52 PM

that's just poor customer service, stalling tactics. I think you should see if you can get some bitcoins back for delayed shipment
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 10:05:01 PM

that's just poor customer service, stalling tactics. I think you should see if you can get some bitcoins back for delayed shipment

If i could get in contact i would ask for other things first. There is no chance to contact them. I know yifu reads the topic of a ticket but you have to be really lucky if he writes a short thing to it. And i called him for days 2-4 times each hour. Most of the time the phone ringed out at 30 seconds, the remaining time yifu clicked it away. No chance for support or contact.

The only thing i can do is wait, hope that he keeps his promise to solve the batch tickets before they ship and then keep away from avalon as long as yifu dont make his mind regarding support. But when i read that zefir tells me that bitfury stopped support too, right after he ordered, im not really happy about this all. It looks like its a really hard time for customers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: