Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:30:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729083 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:38:21 AM

percentage based payout is better imo
easier to understand whether you qualify or not
minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:43:31 AM

Sorry but I don't get it. The metric you're using like Top XXXX adresses can't really work. By switching from fixed 10BTX to 2,5% you are just doing the same as before without needing the current big stakeholders to distribute their coins to many adresses, which wasn't very hard because of the currently low transaction fees.
In my opinion you don't need to change the kind of payout mechanism. There has to be change in how to determine the "winners", if your aim would be to broaden the userbase. Are you discussing this internally?

sparker327

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:44:36 AM

was ranked 600 last night prior to midnight, woke up ranked 1250.. incredible drop and I know at the current rate of 3.125 per block I wasn't outworked. Its BS that the larger stakeholders move BTX into multiple wallet addresses to game the system and get large amounts of free BTX. This, coupled with the 4x drop in what we can now earn mining is making me rethink mining this coin. How this is being done is complete BS
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:46:34 AM

was ranked 600 last night prior to midnight, woke up ranked 1250.. incredible drop and I know at the current rate of 3.125 per block I wasn't outworked. Its BS that the larger stakeholders move BTX into multiple wallet addresses to game the system and get large amounts of free BTX. This, coupled with the 4x drop in what we can now earn mining is making me rethink mining this coin. How this is being done is complete BS

how many btx did you have the rank of 600 ?
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:52:16 AM

Is there going to be any more airdrop after 3?  I like the 10btx for the
Top 1000 and 2.5% top 1000 base on their balance.

Great airdrops.
Limx Dev (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:52:59 AM

Sorry but I don't get it. The metric you're using like Top XXXX adresses can't really work. By switching from fixed 10BTX to 2,5% you are just doing the same as before without needing the current big stakeholders to distribute their coins to many adresses, which wasn't very hard because of the currently low transaction fees.
In my opinion you don't need to change the kind of payout mechanism. There has to be change in how to determine the "winners", if your aim would be to broaden the userbase. Are you discussing this internally?

I am open for every fair solution.

Kind Regards Christian

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
sparker327

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:56:31 AM

I currently have 48.22 BTX, had 47.8 last night at airdrop time but wallet only showed 40.89 when I checked ranking which showed 600 (checked around 10pm Eastern Time). That means after I checked and before airdrop, people split like crazy to game the system.
Bitcoin-2018

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:10:07 PM

I currently have 48.22 BTX, had 47.8 last night at airdrop time but wallet only showed 40.89 when I checked ranking which showed 600 (checked around 10pm Eastern Time). That means after I checked and before airdrop, people split like crazy to game the system.

What about next airdrop any address with 50 BTX and more will be getting 10BTX?

Yeah, people were splitting their blannce at last minute. I had my addresses at 40 but I decided to increase to 45 on half of my addresses. Half got the airdrop and half didn't. That is the fun of it guessing the right amount.
marco89

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:15:05 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 12:28:43 PM by marco89

Kind Regards Christian

an other idea could be to give X amount (fixed or %) of BTX to all wallet that have a minimum of X BTX (i.e. 30 btx) but with the particular condition of no transactions in last X days (i.e. 10/15).
in this way you will cut out the shitty splitters that made transaction only for the giveaway in the last minutes/hours and you will encourage users to store them.
in this way you will also cut out the address of mining and address of cryptopia.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/wallet.dws?149.htm (this is some of cryptopia addresses, you think it's really fair?)
and people will collect their BTX from exchanger or miner account every X days

please no.
so all people with 5000 btx will split in 100 address of 50 each and will get 1000 btx cheating.

BTC: 1NCJRUoVo1L1SV4kJDk5e9Ai67ZufEbFnw
sparker327

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:21:34 PM

this method is completely unfair to us who mine and believe in this coin, only to be screwed by those with large amounts who split and get even more rewards. Ive seen holders with over 200 wallet addresses and one with over 500 addresses. How on earth is this even fair to a majority of your stakeholders? so instead of 1000 people getting rewarded, someone with a large amount can split into say 100 addresses and get 1000 BTX all for himself/herself, kicking people who should have been rewarded out of the top 1000. This leaves the largest stakeholders screwing everyone else because of greed. so again, only a few get rewarded.
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:25:01 PM

Does the diff. increased that much? few days ago I mined about 3-4 btx per day and now not even 1 btx...
minestro

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:33:16 PM

Kind Regards Christian

an other idea could be to give X amount (fixed or %) of BTX to all wallet that have a minimum of X BTX (i.e. 30 btx) but with the particular condition of no transactions in last X days (i.e. 10/15).
in this way you will cut out the shitty splitters that made transaction only for the giveaway in the last minutes/hours and you will encourage users to store them.
in this way you will also cut out the address of mining and address of cryptopia.

please no.
so all people with 5000 btx will split in 100 address of 50 each and will get 1000 btx cheating.
The idea of making the time to last transaction somewhat a limit is quite nice. But how do you want to attract new users then? Because they won't be able to take part in the next airdrop because of the last transaction limit they would be only able to take part at the after next airdrop and that's not a really nice outlook.

Also as far as I see it, you would only skip as many airdrops as fit in the set time limit.
As an example, if you now split your account in 4 with enough funds to be in the Top XXXX they won't take part in the actual air drop, but in the next if the limit is anything like under 7 days. You get what I'm thinking?

A good distribution of something like these airdrops on anonymous addresses is, in my opinion a such difficult problem, I don't get why nobody was thinking about that weeks earlier instead of just starting it this way. By setting any limits you are most of the times making trading or buying new coins less attractive. This is something you don't wanna have.
Aren't there any blockchain mechanisms that would provide a solution for this problem?

sparker327

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:43:44 PM

is there anyway to just give out to top 1000 wallets as opposed to wallet addresses? not sure if that is a possibility. I also think a fixed percentage to the wallets may work, on a sliding scale. More holders would be able to participate and this may encourage people to hold a larger amount on an address instead of splitting into smaller amounts, making the distribution more fair.
BeggarInCryptos

Activity: 401
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:49:34 PM

I think this discussion about splitting could be halted, since the dev has already said he wants to switch to pay a percentage on what you have in your wallet. This way people don't have any interest in splitting to many addresses. I would add also the condition to pay not more than one address in one wallet, so people are enouraged in un-spliting all their coins so that the first 1000 in rich list are really 1000 people and not a few hudreds or less.
However, my feeling is that 2.5% is not a good motivation for people to get in the top 1000. Byteball was distributing 10% montly and it even rose it to 20%. I'm not suggesting to copy their model, but 2.5% seems quite unattractive.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
minestro

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:53:20 PM

I think this discussion about splitting could be halted, since the dev has already said he wants to switch to pay a percentage on what you have in your wallet. This way people don't have any interest in splitting to many addresses. I would add also the condition to pay not more than one address in one wallet, so people are enouraged in un-spliting all their coins so that the first 1000 in rich list are really 1000 people and not a few hudreds or less.
However, my feeling is that 2.5% is not a good motivation for people to get in the top 1000. Byteball was distributing 10% montly and it even rose it to 20%. I'm not suggesting to copy their model, but 2.5% seems quite unattractive.
You realize 2.5%/week is quite more than 10%/month? 2,5%/week is the same as ~10,38%/4weeks

marco89

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:58:38 PM

Kind Regards Christian

please no.
The idea of making the time to last transaction somewhat a limit is quite nice. But how do you want to attract new users then? Because they won't be able to take part in the next airdrop because of the last transaction limit they would be only able to take part at the after next airdrop and that's not a really nice outlook.

Also as far as I see it, you would only skip as many airdrops as fit in the set time limit.
As an example, if you now split your account in 4 with enough funds to be in the Top XXXX they won't take part in the actual air drop, but in the next if the limit is anything like under 7 days. You get what I'm thinking?

A good distribution of something like these airdrops on anonymous addresses is, in my opinion a such difficult problem, I don't get why nobody was thinking about that weeks earlier instead of just starting it this way. By setting any limits you are most of the times making trading or buying new coins less attractive. This is something you don't wanna have.
Aren't there any blockchain mechanisms that would provide a solution for this problem?

all of us made sure a transaction in last hours/days
so we all have same problem. not only new one.
the steps will be quite easy:
1- create a new address or use an old one.
2- store all btx possible in it
3- collect a probable 5% every week (if there are no movement)

in this way if you collected X btx on exchanger (suppose 100 btx) move them in a new address and store them to get % also there after 2 weeks.

this will encourage users tu buy as many btx possibile in trading and encourage people to store them in a local wallet. the request of btx will increase cause many people would have as much more big wallet as possible to get the bigger % possible.

and in this way you cut out exchanger address. avoiding to make richer cryptopia instead of users.

this could be lazy to do for developer. but it will assure more fair play and most important this can really attract more users cause honest reward system.

jalmari

Activity: 814

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:02:56 PM

When was the latest snapshot taken? Which block?

12.00 on clock in Germany someone said

I saw that too, but I would like to know the exact block.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
marco89

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:13:02 PM

Kind Regards Christian

as said in previous post an idea for giveaway could be to give a % of BTX to all wallet that have a minimum of X BTX (i.e. 30 btx) but with the particular condition of no transactions in last 10/15 days.
in this way:
1- you will also cut out the mining address and exchanger addresses.
2- the request (and price) will increase because people will store as many btx as possible to get the %.
3- attract new user because the dev is assuring (or anyway tring to assure) a fair play system for giveaway.
4- you will cut out the shitty splitters that made transaction only for the giveaway in the last minutes/hours
so if someone collect some btx (suppose 50-100) he will store them in a new address (avoiding to wait 10/15 more days transferring to his main address)

and for who say that waiting the 10 days could be a negative thing consider that it is a negative thing for all (and let's say... is it really so much waiting 10/15 days?)

minestro

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:27:04 PM

Kind Regards Christian
1 - you will also cut out the mining address and exchanger addresses.
Just because I'm curious, why do you wanna cut out mining addresses?
A interest for everyone with a "no transactions since"-limit on the address just above a certain threshold isn't a really bad idea. The only problem with that from my point of view are the "little" miners. Because every time they can't add their mined coins to their main address because of the "no transaction since"-limit they are loosing the interest for it.
If you make it just a interest giveaway for all above a certain threshold why is there then a need for the "no transaction since"-limit? This limit would be only needed if you make the giveaway to a limited number of addresses in a certain BTX range.

CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:32:35 PM

The hash rate was dropped a lot in the last couple days. I think this is because the block reward being too small, even if the block generation time were faster; Splinting 3.125 gives too little for each miner.

changing the blocks from 10min to 2.5min should have no effect as long as the reward is not reduced lower than to a quarter

if i under stand this clearly ,the next round will pay 2.5% to the 1k largest addreses

is this instead of 10btx per address or in addition to the 10btx per address that was given out previously  ?
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: