Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:29:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729078 times)
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Hey fans,

I see, the airdrop is high and hard discussed. Thats fine. Exact these kind of discussion is well needed. We have an overview over all your really nice inspirations and thoughts.

Chris already decided, to change that airdrop behaviour. He announced it here already. Lets see now, how the next round will work.

In the end, I love it, how you discuss here. I hope, that you always follow the rules of respect and fairplay.

Greetz
Steve

minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:10:31 PM

Without investors this coin would worth a penny,

This is crypto, this is money world, if you dont understand that, just go work.
It's not about lurking or getting more, it's just the actual system was too easy to be abused.
And sorry for the sucker punch, but this is a board, this is people discussing better solutions, if you don't understand it, just go investing in fiat. Crypto is also about progress.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:18:35 PM

Sorry but I don't get it. The metric you're using like Top XXXX adresses can't really work. By switching from fixed 10BTX to 2,5% you are just doing the same as before without needing the current big stakeholders to distribute their coins to many adresses, which wasn't very hard because of the currently low transaction fees.
In my opinion you don't need to change the kind of payout mechanism. There has to be change in how to determine the "winners", if your aim would be to broaden the userbase. Are you discussing this internally?

I am open for every fair solution.

Kind Regards Christian

You definitely need to decouple the airdrop from any blockchain based rich-list. It will always get gamed by the whales who were feed up even more in the two last air drops.

Alternative solution:

Let every bitcointalk forum member with a rank higher than "Member" provide one airdrop address, and then "airdrop" 10 BTX to that address. (We will anyway not get more than 1000 user by this forum, so the airdrop should be smaller but fairer) This way you can more or less assure a fair distribution without concentration to whales.

Edit: The criteria could also be, that only an address with atleast 1 BTX coin inside is eligible for the airdrop, thus you can be sure that the person contributed to the coin either by

• Mining
  • Claiming
  • Marketbuy
marco89

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:28:16 PM

it's simple.
the only way to increase users is damaging exchangers and cheaters.
and i remain about my idea to don't make the giveaway to address with transaction in last X days.
exchangers will be fucked off.
and people will try to increase their balance as much as possible to collect them.
lower btx circulating = higher price to buy them.
higher price = someone could decide to sell their and ignoring the giveaway.
trading will not suffer so much. (the volume is already low currently. so who care it)

giveaways will end at a certain point so i don't see the problem for who think that giving free coins is a damage.
all people who don't like this system is only because they want to profit abusing the system.
reward balanced to all people is better than to few people.
you don't like = you are the ones that want to abuse it probably.

remember that the coin is live cause people using it. if 3-4 people control it enjoy it and say goodbye.
it's ok to make rich people richer. but it's also ok to make poor people richer.
if you keep having the top 1000 method you will fail soon...

think yourself. this is a pure consideration. and people who really care about this coin know i am right.

BTC: 1NCJRUoVo1L1SV4kJDk5e9Ai67ZufEbFnw
faxxer

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:38:50 PM

it's simple.
the only way to increase users is damaging exchangers and cheaters.
and i remain about my idea to don't make the giveaway to address with transaction in last X days.
exchangers will be fucked off.
and people will try to increase their balance as much as possible to collect them.
lower btx circulating = higher price to buy them.
higher price = someone could decide to sell their and ignoring the giveaway.
trading will not suffer so much. (the volume is already low currently. so who care it)

giveaways will end at a certain point so i don't see the problem for who think that giving free coins is a damage.
all people who don't like this system is only because they want to profit abusing the system.
reward balanced to all people is better than to few people.
you don't like = you are the ones that want to abuse it probably.

remember that the coin is live cause people using it. if 3-4 people control it enjoy it and say goodbye.
it's ok to make rich people richer. but it's also ok to make poor people richer.
if you keep having the top 1000 method you will fail soon...

think yourself. this is a pure consideration. and people who really care about this coin know i am right.

I agree with you but on the other hand we still need a volume from exchanger. Demand and supply basics.
AltsBoom

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:43:42 PM

Have faith folks

this is a solid coin with a solid dev team that's sitting at 200k market cap.

let that sink in for a second. active new coin and team with a 200k market cap.

Then also take into consideration that they are implementing new tech and active development.

think about it...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Bierbam

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:43:49 PM

It's quite a difficult decision und you can't be everybody's darling.

trust me. a little miner (like me) got only 0.1-1 BTX in 1-2 weeks...

As nobody asked the responsible question   Roll Eyes
With what are you mining?
Even with a single low end desktop graphics card you should have gained more BTX in 1-2 weeks.
If it's not your hardware change your pool. and/or software.

A single 750Ti (ebay 10-20$) would have made you, with the lowered rate of the last 24h, above 4 BTX in 2 weeks,
I checked it my Rigs mining in the last 24h,there were three 750Ti in them and calculated it by the one with overall lowest hash rate.
Just to add:
I reduced my BTX-mining about 24h ago to 60-80MHs and changed pool and still have 6 BTX in the last 24h on the new pool
That's equal to a rig with 7 GTX1050Ti non overclocked @ 12.8 MH/s and there are definitely better suited cards.

I saw you @suprnova couple of days ago, you were mining some blocks back there! Mind to share what pool are you talking about? Cheers

I've nothing to hide for my current alias ^^  
It was just a test run the last days which pool is better suited for me: yiimp.ccminer or suprnova.
In my case it looks like yiimp but we are talking about 15% difference mostly due to my test rigs use LTE.
-> higher latency
My rigs, despite mixing, don't like the higher occurrence of difficulty jumps on suprnova.
They could adjust the amount and occurrence fairly easily but they probably have their reasons as others would suffer.
I don't want to troll about my reasons for LTE, so upfront:
my Test-rigs have a primary use -> generating heat
Which pays for their Power and they have to be mobile for that. -> Business opportunity Wink
marco89

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:49:53 PM

Alternative solution:

Let every bitcointalk forum member with a rank higher than "Member" provide one airdrop address, and then "airdrop" 10 BTX to that address. (We will anyway not get more than 1000 user by this forum, so the airdrop should be smaller but fairer) This way you can more or less assure a fair distribution without concentration to whales.

Edit: The criteria could also be, that only an address with atleast 1 BTX coin inside is eligible for the airdrop, thus you can be sure that the person contributed to the coin either by

• Mining
  • Claiming
  • Marketbuy
also this is a nice idea using forum to have an unique address and making multiple account will be only a waste of time

BTC: 1NCJRUoVo1L1SV4kJDk5e9Ai67ZufEbFnw
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:54:06 PM

Alternative solution:

• Mining
  • Claiming
  • Marketbuy

This is a quite interesting idea in fact, perhaps not as an alternative but as an integration to the already established airdrop. The idea is that the more people you take in, the more the coin will grow.
The best way to do it in my opinion is to make a signature bounty program which advertise this ONE TIME possibility to get free coins for bitcointalk members with some rank (I think member should already be high enough, after all you just want to avoid scammers who make new accounts just to get coins). With the signature campaign you should reach enough people. I'm not convinced about the people having to have already 1 BTX - I'd rather avoid putting problems in the way of people you'd like to seduce into this coin.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:00:24 PM

hashrate is dropping like a stone. From over 17GH/s to now around 5.6GH/s. Since the diff is over 730 and difficulty recalculation only happens every 2000 blocks or so, block times are very high now.
This also leads to way less coins miners can earn, and most likely more will stop mining, meaning the block times will rise even higher.
I bet big miners will join back in when the difficulty has been adjusted again.

As for the airdrops: Sorry, but this round was a complete joke. Even worse than the first one.
Again, it was highly abused, and seeing at least two wallets with over 100 addresses in the top 1000 clearly shows that the airdrops are gamed by a few.
Most coins in the hands of a few makes the possibility of a dump much higher...

In my opinion, the only 'fair' solution (if you really want to stick to that 1000 top holders thing) would be to have some kind of a variable percentage paid to the top 1000.
For example (don't nail me down on the numbers, just an example):

Top 1-100 gets 3%
Top 101-201 gets 2.9%
Top 301-401 gets 2.8%

That way you would force ppl to stack their coins in one address to get the highest possible reward, leaving room for other ppl to join the Top 1000. Of course some extremely rich a$$hole could still split his coins, just to pi$$ off ppl, but that would be just idiotic...

this is the best and only solution i can see working to stop whales claiming for 100's of addresses
just give them an incentive to stack all their coins in 1 address and that leaves the other 999 addreses free for normal users

its better to give them 1% extra  than have them taking up 100-500 spaces from the top 1K per whale so normal people can still get something ...
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:27:15 PM

Alternative solution:

Exact this way is the longest airdrop in crypto ever in our coin Bitsend.

We are here to go new ways. But we wanted to share faster the coins for you. In Bitsend exact this airdrop is running since 2015.

Greetz
Steve
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:31:35 PM

For the airdrop, are the BTC address that you sign are they displayed publicly somewhere and just internally for BTX devs?
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:36:19 PM

In my opinion, the only 'fair' solution (if you really want to stick to that 1000 top holders thing) would be to have some kind of a variable percentage paid to the top 1000.

Top 1-100 gets 3%
Top 101-201 gets 2.9%
Top 301-401 gets 2.8%

That way you would force ppl to stack their coins in one address to get the highest possible reward, leaving room for other ppl to join the Top 1000. Of course some extremely rich a$$hole could still split his coins, just to pi$$ off ppl, but that would be just idiotic...

there is no need to give bigger addresses more %
because there is no incentive to split coins there will be no competition to enter the top 1000

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:49:20 PM

For the airdrop, are the BTC address that you sign are they displayed publicly somewhere and just internally for BTX devs?

https://bitcore.cc/pay.php

Greetz
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:53:03 PM

Top 1-100 gets 3%
Top 101-201 gets 2.9%
Top 301-401 gets 2.8%

because there is no incentive to split coins there will be no competition to enter the top 1000

well, normally I would agree, but if there is no incentive, ppl tend to act weired. It's not only about getting coins.
But if you can prevent others to get coins as well, your coins might be worth more. At least you get more control.

I would have no problem to give the big holders and investors a little more, as long as it makes it fair for everyone, I'm ok with that.
And yes, I did receive my coins this time. It's just not good a healthy for a coin to have most coins concentrated in the hands of a few.
Especially when an airdrop is meant to spread the coins.

Mrbates

Activity: 546

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 03:53:59 AM

Top 1-100 gets 3%
Top 101-201 gets 2.9%
Top 301-401 gets 2.8%

well, normally I would agree, but if there is no incentive, ppl tend to act weired. It's not only about getting coins.
But if you can prevent others to get coins as well, your coins might be worth more. At least you get more control.

I would have no problem to give the big holders and investors a little more, as long as it makes it fair for everyone, I'm ok with that.
And yes, I did receive my coins this time. It's just not good a healthy for a coin to have most coins concentrated in the hands of a few.
Especially when an airdrop is meant to spread the coins.

You said the only reason I split my coins, to have more control of the supply.

%age next airdrop says they'll all shift into 1-2 addresses though.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 04:18:29 AM

Top 1-100 gets 3%
Top 101-201 gets 2.9%
Top 301-401 gets 2.8%

actually ,you only want 1 rich guy to take up 1 place on the list
if he owns enough coins to split them he will claim for 539 addresses  as we have just saw in last airdrop

the end result will be 4-5 whales dump in november and the coin just  dies like many others because there is no userbase
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:54:51 AM

Alternative solution:

• Mining
  • Claiming
  • Marketbuy

I think that is a rather awful solution. You are just excluding newbies for no reason whatsoever, just because they are what not active on a forum? That is so arbitrary. But hey atleast you are trying, thats a postive here. I personally think the 2.5% is a great solution as it dissuades you from wanting to make multiple accounts, and only gives out a little bit of BTX (so only loyal people will play). It may not be perfect but it is certainly better than being able to spilt multiple accounts and get 10 BTX per wallet address. Lets see how this one goes!
gtzanap

Activity: 409

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:22:39 AM

There is no incentive to stack them either. If a whale has 20 addresses already in Top 1000 why stack them?

Might as well keep them like this and stop other people from getting the airdrop.

A slight increase in percentage for higher balances solves that

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Mrbates

Activity: 546

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:54:38 AM

There is no incentive to stack them either. If a whale has 20 addresses already in Top 1000 why stack them?

Might as well keep them like this and stop other people from getting the airdrop.

A slight increase in percentage for higher balances solves that
Not really, if its a small % increase.  If it was large it may be worth it.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: