Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:28:40 PM

I seriously dont like the feature of etherdelta to match orders manually

Is there a plan of getting added to other exchange like Liqui or bittrex?
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:38:38 PM

Bittrex supports a lot of tokens. Why Veritas is not?
WeatlhTransfer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:39:58 PM

If you ask them is because there is no user demand for it. Which is a lot of bull. Who cares about Bittrex anyway? We wanted to be there, we have repeatedly asked them and also other larger crypto exchanges (we even lowered ourselves to begging) and still not on any (larger) exchange. The main point is that all exchanges have missed this ICO and do not have liquidity to earn some easy money. Their fault. Reggie planned to sell 51 mio tokens and is not his fault that only a little bit less than 2 mio was bought. If you ask me good riddance ... They have written bots to artificially place bids anyway (have seen it with my own eyes on Bittrex - and am sure that they are not an exception). Screw them. We will soon be on true exchange and not on some script kiddy playground. 
FishingExpedition

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:59:31 PM

Not proclaiming to be a lawyer, but the "law" in this case existed before the ICOs and the statute of limitations is what would hinder action being taken specifically regarding that.  They could take their sweet time building a case if they're within the statue of limitations, and the smart assumption would be that they ARE within those limitations.

According to the following video, there is no statute of limitations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUUVlatCvp0&t=1622
FishingExpedition

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:10:43 AM

My take on it is that VERI is all about peer-to-peer, and most of the exchanges are centralized.  EtherDelta is decentralized.  I'm guessing the centralized exchanges don't want to support something that ultimately will make them obsolete.  With that said, I think there is one advantage to centralization, which is with respect to the fees when placing orders.  When you place an order on EtherDelta, you need to pay a fee regardless of whether the order completes.  On a centralized exchange there is no fee unless it completes.
endchat

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

My take on it is that VERI is all about peer-to-peer, and most of the exchanges are centralized.  EtherDelta is decentralized.  I'm guessing the centralized exchanges don't want to support something that ultimately will make them obsolete.  With that said, I think there is one advantage to centralization, which is with respect to the fees when placing orders.  When you place an order on EtherDelta, you need to pay a fee regardless of whether the order completes.  On a centralized exchange there is no fee unless it completes.

Incorrect.

When you place an order on Etherdelta, no one pays a fee until the order is fulfilled, or you purposely cancel the order.
Expiring unfulfilled orders are not subject to fees.
Dorky

Activity: 392

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:42:37 AM

FAQ
1. What is the difference between Veritaseum and Veritas?
Veritaseum is the name of the company that issued a token called Veritas.

2. Is Veritas a form of investment? And why?
Veritas is not an investment, it is software. We cannot stop others from speculating on VERI.

3. Why is Veritaseum's market cap so underreported? And is this valid?
Coinmarketcap determines market cap using “circulating supply” as supposed to total supply. Whether this number is under reported is up to your preferred method of reporting. In addition, we don’t feel it matters nearly as much as many assume. Market cap, in this sense, is not the same as valuation. Valuation takes a much more focused and rigorous approach than multiplying two numbers.

4. How dependent is Veritaseum to the Ethereum blockchain for its P2P platform?
Veritaseum’s products are not dependent on any blockchain because it can be moved to different blockchains. This being said, it will take some engineering effort to port from, and between blockchains. We feel that most new blockchains will be written in such a fashion as to be backwards-compatible with Ethereum applications.

5. When will Veritaseum's P2P platform be available to the public?
Veritaseum research is available now
Veritaseum rental contracts will beta around 8/29/17
Veritaseum will start announcing “Veritazation” deals during the month of August 2017, showcasing high end advisory services
Veritaseum VeADIR Financial Machines will beta around 9/29/17
Veritaseum/Jamaica Stock Exchange digital asset exchange joint venture will beta around 9/29/17
Veritaseum joint venture digital asset exchange joint venture with top ten global securities exchange is slated to debut as proof of concept in 10/15/17, assuming the deal goes through
Veritaseum P2P OTC direct value trading will debut in the 4th quarter of 2018

6. Can Veritaseum be made SEC complaint in case that becomes extremely necessary (i.e. SEC dictates ALL ICO entities are investment entities)?
Veritaseum was already planning to release public financial reports. We believe we are a software based consultancy, but if forced to comply with SEC regulation as something other than a software vendor, we should have no problem in doing so.

7. Can the platform be ultimately used between peers without going through Veritaseum's team?
The goal will be to have the VeADIR able to be 100% autonomous, but until we can develop AI that vets entities wishing to be “veritized”, the VeADIR will have to buy research from Veritaseum. Therefore making it rely partially on the team to prevent unwanted entities from being listed.

8. What does veritize mean?
Veritize meaning that an asset is assigned a customized VERI token and that asset is now represented on the blockchain. For example, you can take the lease on a building, veritize it, and now that lease can trade on our digital asset exchanges.

Share with others - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gEfEq779UXp8GKOjyOAICKvf_U8S3lBg1JJ90i9X2-8/edit?usp=sharing

Now that's what I am talking about.

Good job so far.

Better is to have this FAQ available at Veritaseum website so any newbie that questions the same thing over again can be referred there and cut any discussion short.

And best is to make the FAQ an expansive one, i.e. continue to add more new commonly-asked questions to the page.

This will actually save up lots of time going forward as more and more people are aware of Veritaseum, as well as the desirable effect of managing expectation.

Edit:

Will post on the website soon

Didn't see that before my previous post. I take your word for it. You just restored my confidence. Good work.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
FishingExpedition

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:40:10 AM

Incorrect.

When you place an order on Etherdelta, no one pays a fee until the order is fulfilled, or you purposely cancel the order.
Expiring unfulfilled orders are not subject to fees.

Thanks for the correction.  I haven't ever let an order run so long that it expired.  I've always cancelled them when the market turned a direction I didn't like.
TheDuke1984

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:46:07 PM

Questions on valuations of tokens/ICOs.

I reviewed the Veritaseum forensic report on GNO and if I'm not mistaken the valuation forecast in the report identifies the value of a GNO token to be about 1/6 of where it is today.

My question is regarding a forensic valuation of a VERI token.  As of today the value of all the outstanding tokens is approx $15B.

just for reference NDAQ = about $12B, ICE = about $39B, CME = about $41B, all with lots of earnings.

Not sure what else to compare VERI to other than what I listed.

I'm not trying to disrespect the VERI team - in fact I am in awe of the mind-bending applications - just hoping for some perspective on valuations.  (and also help in de-bending my mind as the applications may be beyond my simple-mindedness).
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:25:14 PM

I don't like the fact that I don't find it easy to place order either to sell or buy on the ether delta. Now the centralization doesn't not have negative effect on trade value that envisaged by some. Just that it might have a larger market that is expected.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
StephenCurry333

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:39:45 PM

$136.99 (-8.50%)
0.05050720 BTC (-8.03%)
0.68644700 ETH (-9.68%)
https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/veritaseum/
i think is a good time to buy Veri, i just bought another 10 tokens. 🚀🚀🚀 skyrocket 🚀🚀🚀
nitrust

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:20:53 PM

is anyone not concerned about the tokens that were stolen and sold. Maybe an inside job. Im not spreading FUD. I actually have been flipping veri for profits, it just seem that after that news, the market for veri has been down tremendously
greyswan

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:34:29 PM

I actually have been flipping veri for profits
Please continue, Nit! Smiley
<gets scooper>
nitrust

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:50:54 PM

What do you mean by gets scooper?

just small flips here and there when it drops. I actually put a buy order in at .54eth the night that all the veri was stolen and sold on etherdelta. didnt find out until a day later what had happened

What do you guys project veri will be at?
greyswan

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:19:21 PM

What do you mean by gets scooper?

Apologies Smiley I get triggered by FUDderflippers into making flip comments.
Limiting the attack surface area across this entire space will take some time.
There. I also restated the obvious Grin
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:10:43 PM

Questions on valuations of tokens/ICOs.

I reviewed the Veritaseum forensic report on GNO and if I'm not mistaken the valuation forecast in the report identifies the value of a GNO token to be about 1/6 of where it is today.

My question is regarding a forensic valuation of a VERI token.  As of today the value of all the outstanding tokens is approx $15B.

just for reference NDAQ = about $12B, ICE = about $39B, CME = about $41B, all with lots of earnings.

Not sure what else to compare VERI to other than what I listed.

I'm not trying to disrespect the VERI team - in fact I am in awe of the mind-bending applications - just hoping for some perspective on valuations.  (and also help in de-bending my mind as the applications may be beyond my simple-mindedness).
VERI is a digital asset, not a company. Not sure why people try to keep comparing assets to companies.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Steffoboy

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:18:16 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 03:58:53 AM by Steffoboy

is anyone not concerned about the tokens that were stolen and sold. Maybe an inside job. Im not spreading FUD. I actually have been flipping veri for profits, it just seem that after that news, the market for veri has been down tremendously

And when then last flip is in the negative you think its something criminal. I think lot of speculators, weak hands got flushed out, and thats a good thing. Maybe you have noticed all the other tokens that has gone down since the Bitcoin fork is heating up. For the last 7 days, more tokens are in the red, than is not. i dident count, but it seems 65% of all tokens has sold off, the last week.

I know you want to blame someone, but i think you are barking up the wrong tree here.

Worldmining Bitcoin mining: 100 Gh for 15 USD, 1 Year contract. maintenance fee 0 USD Payouts at 5 USD Minimum investment 15 USD Free 30 GH on Signup! 0,13 USD per 100 GH/ 15 Usd investment.Take a look: https://world-mining.net/563807990/1/
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:33:34 AM

Could be, but we'll never know. All we can do is look at the information we have about the founder, Reggie Middleton, and all of the facts that we know and reasonably come to the conclusion that there is very little motive for Reggie to do anything like that nothing in Reggie's past (that I know of), would indicate that he would do anything like that.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
████▀                                       ▀████
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
bitbybitboy

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:30:09 AM

Is there a desperate need for Veri to be listed on higher traffic exchanges? 
Is it necessary for the survival of this project?   
If not, then why is there such concern for it not being listed?

Is there a need for massive liquidity in the future when a top 10 stock exchange is in play?    seems to be the same concern for Populous, my conspiracy theory brain has to wonder if their is a plan to try and kill Veri and PPL by keeping the liquidity down.....granted, I'm no expert, just speculating.   
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 04:45:26 AM

Is there a desperate need for Veri to be listed on higher traffic exchanges? 
Is it necessary for the survival of this project?   
If not, then why is there such concern for it not being listed?

Is there a need for massive liquidity in the future when a top 10 stock exchange is in play?    seems to be the same concern for Populous, my conspiracy theory brain has to wonder if their is a plan to try and kill Veri and PPL by keeping the liquidity down.....granted, I'm no expert, just speculating.   

Veri by definition is a direct competitor to the "big" exchanges. Don't expect for it to be listed anytime soon IMO.

Ether delta is a great exchange. Just take 10 mins to learn to use it Smiley

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: