Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189605 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:49:41 PM

I'm more than slightly surprised. A basic Google search for "bitcointalk eos" brings back a lot of very negative results.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2000232.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1990419.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1960861.0
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6k693g/eos_scam/

People seem especially concerned with the massive amounts of money involved.

Anyone care to address these issues here on Bitcoin Forum?

Edit: Or have they been already and I just haven't read it yet?

Forgive me my bluntness - I'm somewhat flabbergasted.

do your own research

people are simply skeptical of this token sale model. thats all

it has been discussed ad nauseum on a lot of forums. One of them, EOS telegram group

I hope someone comes along and has the energy to explain it to you.

I am drained.

Funny you should say that Afrikoin, you're one of the unanswered quotes that I just posted above!  Cheesy

Nobody ever came out to argue or disagree (is that lame, or is that lame), but you seem to have adopted a positive attitude about the dilemma you were presenting. So, you're good with the supposition that EOS only proves good if a "Facebook, or Microsoft, wanted to use EOS for *some* unimagined application"?

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:59:19 PM

EOS tokens are for bandwidth on the EOS bockchain.

If you are a developer or company and want to use the blockchain to build an application, you will need resources. These resources are made available to you in proportion to how much EOS tokens you hold.

The network itself will work ok.

But if/when there is a congestion, then your EOS tokens entitle you and your application accesss to bandwidth for your transactions.

I am not worried Smiley

I have watched enough videos and I am satisfied.

I am also always on the telegram group and  your questions are regurgitated daily.

Because of regulations, EOS and blockone cannot be explicit about the tokens, their role and what they represent. They also cannot make promises. The ambiguity is to avoid falling under SEC purview

1.Watch dan's coin interview
2. listen to DAn on a recent epicentre bitcoin podcast

Check out my thread "EOS tracker - the Ethereum Killer" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2105333.msg21465001#msg21465001

some of your questions have been addressed

and i have shared content on the thread

if after all this you are still skeptical, i suggest you avoid the token sale or buying EOS until you can get a satisfactory answer

my opinion:

the more clear it becomes, the less of a discount on price

there is a lot of FUD on the webs. And i am happy to see it, because it means the coin is discounted.

Good luck!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:18:18 PM

I am also always on the telegram group and  your questions are regurgitated daily.

All your points well taken except for the above. Why not here on the #1 crypto portal and point of first entry for many?

And I'm not even insinuating daily. How about just once?

Indirectly I guess you have. As Wekkel said a few posts above, it's about faith. Would you directly agree?

Edit: Oh, and the less than unimportant fact that Block.one will come away from this with a billion plus USD, for a wing and a prayer? Agreed?

Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:33:23 PM

All your points well taken except for the above. Why not here on the #1 crypto portal and point of first entry for many?

Indirectly I guess you have. As Wekkel said a few posts above, it's about faith. Would you directly agree?

Edit: Oh, and the less than unimportant fact that Block.one will come away from this with a billion plus USD, for a wing and a prayer? Agreed?

1. someone was kind enough to set up this thread as a place for people to get info. Upto the team at blockone and EOS i guess

2. it is (partly) about faith. as with most ICOs and even, bitcoin itself. I mean, who thought back in '09 that bitcoin would take off? A lot of people dismissed it, even the smartest ones. And had a lot of questions that couldn't be answered. Yet, here we are

i dont think the ambiquity of the project is anyy different from most ICOs.

the problem people have is with the 1 year token sale and 1 billion tokens

3. to answer you last question

it cuts both ways.I believe EOS and blockone are confident of their product, hence why they are issuing 1 billion tokens at a *free market price*

if all off us decided not to buy, the price would go lower

if less people took part in the token sale daily auction , and less ETH was sent, then they would receive less money

remember, the tokens are priced at the end of the day's window after all ETH has been collected.

So if there's money coming in, means people are interested. Cant really blame the issuer.

Block one are conducting heavy marketing if you look around and  business development. So the money is not going down the drain

also, some of the money will be used to fund projects on EOS blockchain

a lot of people are equating " i dont understand" or "its blurry" to = scam. which is just an opinion

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:59:40 PM

EOS dawn 1.0 is coming end of September and EOS team is going to UK for couple of crypto conferences so we should expect some big news release then.

As per today's announcement email, it seems that EOS's high performance is based on a two tier structure, ie. the core of it (block producer networks) are of powerful nodes connected over a backbone like fast connection, while the rest of the nodes are connected to the core via slow links, also block.one will not be launching a public blockchain based on the EOS.IO software. It will be the sole responsibility of third parties and the community and those who wish to become block producers to implement the features and/or provide the services...

I am a bit confused, will there ever be a public EOS chain or was the technology mainly aim for private/corporate implementation?

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 10:08:59 PM

Seems like a promising project. There is going to be tough competition in the sidechain technology, yet, early investors would profit anyway.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:38:21 PM

NOBODY HAS EVER ANSWERED ANY ONE OF THESE (posted here in the order they were originally posted)
Several of your quotes were statements, not questions...

Token Purchase Agreement shows EOS Tokens are completely useless. Look:
https://eos.io/purchaseagreement/EOS%20Token%20Purchase%20Agreement%20-%20June%2022,%202017.pdf

- EOS TOKENS HAVE NO RIGHTS, USES OR ATTRIBUTES. The EOS Tokens do not have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features, express or implied, including, without limitation, any uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features on the EOS Platform. Company does not guarantee and is not representing in any way to Buyer that the EOS Tokens have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features.

- NOT A PURCHASE OF EOS PLATFORM TOKENS. EOS Tokens purchased under this Agreement are not tokens on the EOS Platform. Buyer acknowledges, understands and agrees that Buyer should not expect and there is no guarantee or representation made by Company that Buyer will receive any other product, service, rights, attributes, functionalities, features or assets of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, any cryptographic tokens or digital assets now or in the future whether through receipt, exchange, conversion, redemption or otherwise.

- PURCHASE OF EOS TOKENS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND PURCHASES CANNOT BE CANCELLED. BUYER MAY LOSE ALL AMOUNTS PAID.

- EOS TOKENS MAY HAVE NO VALUE.

- COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR CANCEL EOS TOKEN PURCHASE REQUESTS AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.

key_z

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:15:39 AM

NOBODY HAS EVER ANSWERED ANY ONE OF THESE (posted here in the order they were originally posted)

https://eos.io/purchaseagreement/EOS%20Token%20Purchase%20Agreement%20-%20June%2022,%202017.pdf

- EOS TOKENS HAVE NO RIGHTS, USES OR ATTRIBUTES. The EOS Tokens do not have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features, express or implied, including, without limitation, any uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features on the EOS Platform. Company does not guarantee and is not representing in any way to Buyer that the EOS Tokens have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features.

- NOT A PURCHASE OF EOS PLATFORM TOKENS. EOS Tokens purchased under this Agreement are not tokens on the EOS Platform. Buyer acknowledges, understands and agrees that Buyer should not expect and there is no guarantee or representation made by Company that Buyer will receive any other product, service, rights, attributes, functionalities, features or assets of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, any cryptographic tokens or digital assets now or in the future whether through receipt, exchange, conversion, redemption or otherwise.

- PURCHASE OF EOS TOKENS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND PURCHASES CANNOT BE CANCELLED. BUYER MAY LOSE ALL AMOUNTS PAID.

- COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR CANCEL EOS TOKEN PURCHASE REQUESTS AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.

Thank you for explaining this 100x more efficiently and saliently than I would have. Tongue

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
iluvbtc

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:21:14 AM

It's a gamble, most definite. But the devleoper, Dan Larimer's projects (Bitshares, Steem) have more transactions than ALL other cryptos combined, and thus I have gambled on EOS a bit.
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:53:55 AM

I realize that blockone will not "start" the chain themselves. It will be up to the community to do so. This is so that it is "decentralized" and done by the community.

My question is What kind of computer do I need to be able to run one of the first nodes ? How can I be a producer ?

Anyone could mine ETH or BTC in the beginning. All they needed was a computer and the software.

It seems like very specialized hardware and possibly intranet connection to be able to start this blockchain.

Seeing that there are only 21 producers and nodes getting paid by the network is this just the inner circle like BTS that will be mining this and reaping all of the benefits ?

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:39:59 PM

http://m.memegen.com/9mpqiz.jpg

CoinHoarder, the question/issue was implied, but by the class of this reply of yours I understand how that was lost on you.

You know what shooting yourself in the foot means, right?

A piece of advice: next time think about whether what you're saying/doing is helpful to your cause, or not (this is your thread, right?). Do you think this type of reply to serious issues actually helps the EOS image? (No answer necessary - this is for you to keep for yourself).

Best regards,

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:50:34 PM

1. someone was kind enough to set up this thread as a place for people to get info. Upto the team at blockone and EOS i guess

2. it is (partly) about faith. as with most ICOs and even, bitcoin itself. I mean, who thought back in '09 that bitcoin would take off? A lot of people dismissed it, even the smartest ones. And had a lot of questions that couldn't be answered. Yet, here we are

i dont think the ambiquity of the project is anyy different from most ICOs.

the problem people have is with the 1 year token sale and 1 billion tokens

3. to answer you last question

it cuts both ways.I believe EOS and blockone are confident of their product, hence why they are issuing 1 billion tokens at a *free market price*

if all off us decided not to buy, the price would go lower

if less people took part in the token sale daily auction , and less ETH was sent, then they would receive less money

remember, the tokens are priced at the end of the day's window after all ETH has been collected.

So if there's money coming in, means people are interested. Cant really blame the issuer.

Block one are conducting heavy marketing if you look around and  business development. So the money is not going down the drain

also, some of the money will be used to fund projects on EOS blockchain

a lot of people are equating " i dont understand" or "its blurry" to = scam. which is just an opinion

Thank you Afrikoin for your well thought out reasoning and explanations. I will be keeping an open mind (not buying yet, but hey, something's better than nothing) and following along, especially the release of EOS dawn 1.0 and the September UK visit rainbow169 mentioned. Hell, who knows? Like iluvbtc said, with Larimer's record, maybe it's worth a gambleGrin

Thanks all for helping me to get clear on the reality behind this project. Sometimes things looks so crazy, you've just got to ask for confirmation. Cheers!

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:18:02 PM

ICO price seems to drop considerably right now. Of course, it could go lower but at last, we are below round 0 price.

maursader

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:54:26 PM

ICO price seems to drop considerably right now. Of course, it could go lower but at last, we are below round 0 price.
EOS below ICO price is a nobrainer for me. I will definitely buy all the way down from here. Weak hands are getting shaken out.
bitstreetbankster

Activity: 141
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:30:48 AM

What was round 0 ICO price?
Thanks
Wekkel
Legendary

yes

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:55:49 AM

What was round 0 ICO price?
Thanks

I believe $0.79

Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:41:26 AM

ICO Review of EOS

https://cryptovest.com/reviews/ico-review-of-eos/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Wekkel
Legendary

yes

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:53:05 AM

For lazy people, I copy/paste the verdict from the article that Afrikoin linked:

Verdict

EOS has all the attributes of a great project and the potential to rise to one of the top 3 blockchains in the world. The lessons brought forward from previous projects are a huge advantage over most blockchain projects.

It's hard to put a price on EOS before its blockchain is live and running in 2018. That said, however, EOS is a project every investor should be watching. If it lives up to its plans, it has a potential market cap of at least $20 billion.

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:01:35 PM

The recent update is a really bullish sign. Being ahead of schedule is the cherry on the top.

SleepMachine

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:53:12 PM

For lazy people, I copy/paste the verdict from the article that Afrikoin linked:

Verdict

EOS has all the attributes of a great project and the potential to rise to one of the top 3 blockchains in the world. The lessons brought forward from previous projects are a huge advantage over most blockchain projects.

It's hard to put a price on EOS before its blockchain is live and running in 2018. That said, however, EOS is a project every investor should be watching. If it lives up to its plans, it has a potential market cap of at least $20 billion.
20 billion $ in 2018  Grin it's huge. hard for this project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: