Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:44:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189610 times)
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:20:39 AM

if I invest now 3ETH on EOS in liqui.io or any other that listed it, will I get like x3 the amount of EOS than at the "tokensale"?
I don't think so due to the prices of token sales is more cheap than on the exchangers that listed EOS
I think you can use this link before practice on the EOS https://eosscan.io/
EOSscan is a service that helps you to purchase EOS tokens at the most reasonable price. EOSscan informs you the current price of EOS tokens by analyzing transactions of EOS token purchases on the Ethereum blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GaleRecoN

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:39:20 AM

if I invest now 3ETH on EOS in liqui.io or any other that listed it, will I get like x3 the amount of EOS than at the "tokensale"?
I don't think so due to the prices of token sales is more cheap than on the exchangers that listed EOS
EOSscan is a service that helps you to purchase EOS tokens at the most reasonable price. EOSscan informs you the current price of EOS tokens by analyzing transactions of EOS token purchases on the Ethereum blockchain.

eosscan is somewhat misleading. When you contribution during the one of the contribution periods, you don't receive your tokens until that contribution period is over. The more people buy eos from the site, filling up the contribution limit for that day, the higher the price. And there's a lot of people who contribute at the last minute. The ending price is going to be very close to what it is on exchanges.

Look at the price at the start compared to the end. The price jumps from around 20cts to 50+cts.

Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:04:06 PM

Hey, wondering if someone could help me out: how are the EOS tokens (currently ERC20), going to be transferred to the EOS environment, if that is what EOS is planning? how will they be used within the EOS environment?

If you're not a US resident, you can register with your Ethereum address on their site. You should keep your ERC20 EOS tokens there and once their blockchain is built, you'll get the equivalent official EOS token based on how much you have in the Ethereum address you registered with. If you are a US resident, you'll probably just need to keep your EOS tokens in a separate Ethereum wallet (not in an exchange) and once their platform is complete, they'll probably have a way to import your Ethereum address to get the equivalent tokens on their blockchain.

Thanks for confirming that EOS’ likely issued an illegal security by doing widespread promotion that caused US persons to find a way to invest and bypass their IP address (with a VPN) and “I am not a USA investor” self-appraisal, but note that it’s possible this does not make the EOS Platform tokens securities (rather just the issuer that might end up in legal troubles):

[…]

In short, the SAFT provides investors with the right to fully-functional utility tokens, delivered once the network is created and the tokens are functional. The SAFT is very likely a security, namely an investment contract. Once the tokens have been imbued with utility and are genuinely functional, the SAFT investors’ rights in the SAFT automatically convert into a right to delivery of the tokens. For the now-functional utility tokens, there is a very strong argument that the tokens themselves are not securities.
The same should apply to any ultimate sale of the tokens to retail purchasers, whether by the SAFT investors or by the seller.

So vaporware ICOs are securities. Fully-functional tokens if have sufficient free market factors other than just ongoing developer efforts, are probably not securities.

Moreover, since the tokens are not securities and the SAFT is non-transferrable, the investors do not, merely by purchasing the SAFT, risk being deemed underwriters if they resell their tokens.⁷⁵

⁷⁵ Investors are participants in the distribution of the utility tokens following conversion of the SAFT, but the token is not a security. Though the SAFT is a security, they do not distribute it. The definition of underwriter under the Federal Securities Laws is limited to the participation in a distribution of a security, thus SAFT investors need not fall within the definition or risk exposure associated with being deemed an underwriter. See Securities Act Section 2(a)(11), 15 U.S.C. § 77b(a)(11).

So by this logic, a token which was issued and sold as a security (e.g. pre-functional vaporware ICO), would not necessarily become a non-security when it is sold by investors later when it is fully-functional and has sufficient free market factors other than just ongoing developer efforts, i.e. when the “from ongoing efforts of others” prong of Howey is no longer satisfied. Because the investors could be considered underwriters if they had not held the token for some reason other than to distribute it, which as I had pointed out upthread may require up to a 3 year hold before selling.

The separation of the issuance into a security that has rights for a token (instead of issuing a pre-functional token or promise) and separate issuance of the fully-function token is argued that the investors in the former (e.g. a SAFT) had no intention to distribute a security because the fully-functional token is argued to not be a security because it fails the “from ongoing efforts of others” prong of Howey. Whether the issue of the former security (which can be traded for a fully-functional platform token later) was legal is a separate issue, with for example EOS’ issuance being very suspect of not complying with securities regulations.

Perhaps, if EOS is required to pay back all the money that might hamper development.

However, the following may even implicate the Platform tokens as securities:

Second, a seller might weaken its defense against the fourth Howey prong when the seller significantly over-promises in its sales materials. In such a circumstance, the seller’s efforts to imbue the token with greater utility might still predominate the variety of other market forces acting upon the token’s price. A profit-seeking purchaser might predominantly rely upon the efforts of the seller, even post-functionality, where the seller makes bold promises of developing more sophisticated functionality beyond that present at issuance. Purchasers might rely on those promises and expect to profit from the resulting increase in functionality, thus satisfying Howey’s final prong.

Ah the above might even endanger the EOS Platform tokens as being securities!
gipbkt

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:17:13 PM

This is a very exciting coin which has me HYPED! I think it is not only an ETH killer but a freaking Facebook Killer. Here me out though, a ton of Facebook's value comes from the user and the platform. Well with EOS, anyone can make a platform on there and sneak in for the kill on FB. It's a long shot but my favorite kind Wink
maxyotz

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:17:44 PM

Checked this after a week and the few holdings I have has dropped a lot in value, was this due to the kraken notification or why has EOS lost more than 50cents in a week
syaiful13

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:19:04 PM

As many of you know, block.one recently distributed an update outlining the developments they have made to the EOS.IO software to date (https://steemit.com/eos/@eosio/the-dawn-of-eos-io). block.one wishes to clarify that the development of the EOS.IO software (see the EOS.IO Technical White Paper) continues to be their primary focus and those who have followed their EOS.IO Roadmap will be happy to know that they are actually ahead of schedule in the development of the EOS.IO software.
gribble

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:56:07 AM

eosscan is somewhat misleading. When you contribution during the one of the contribution periods, you don't receive your tokens until that contribution period is over. The more people buy eos from the site, filling up the contribution limit for that day, the higher the price. And there's a lot of people who contribute at the last minute. The ending price is going to be very close to what it is on exchanges.

Look at the price at the start compared to the end. The price jumps from around 20cts to 50+cts.
I just give the sources of information for another people who want contribute in this project, the final decision depending on the people who want contribute. Getting much information is more better than just getting one, so every people can get the data of EOS before they get decision to contribute into EOS. Thanks for your opinions about the eosscan.io it helps to others people.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:18:53 AM

OracleChain: World's First EOS dapp launches ICO on Bitshares DEX as EOS Smart Contracts Oracle Service. Live now on Bitshares under OCT symbol. https://steemit.com/eos/@kayahan/oraclechain-world-s-first-eos-dapp-launches-ico-on-bitshares-dex-as-eos-smart-contracts-oracle-service-live-now-on-bitshares that is first project be built on EOS even the blockchain of EOS is still not yet building, it is interesting to be learned for users who wants invest in EOS.
cryptito

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:05:39 AM

I like to hear your opionion about EOS price. It is continously dropping and if I am not wrong this was the first ICO price
Do you think It will go lower or it is good time to invest in?
daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:51:45 AM

If EOS is at scale, and large producers have gigabit connections to one another, what happens to the network if one of these producers has to be voted out for bad behavior?
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:56:07 AM

if a movie gets uploaded to EOS storage... does the bandwidth of the uploader get used when other viewers watch the movie or do viewers hold tokens and use their own bandwidth to watch?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:29:16 PM

They're designing a kind of operating system, as far as I understand. I read the whitepaper last month. I liked the project. If they succeed, which I think they will, it will be a powerful software that will bring color to the blockchain world.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
cahtreber

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:35:26 PM

Very little news about EOS development I have been able to find. I think besides the ICO they are working on the project wright?
The price in this moment seems temptive, maybe will not get any lower than this? Thoughs?
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:09:24 PM

Hey, wondering if someone could help me out: how are the EOS tokens (currently ERC20), going to be transferred to the EOS environment, if that is what EOS is planning? how will they be used within the EOS environment?

If you're not a US resident, you can register with your Ethereum address on their site. You should keep your ERC20 EOS tokens there and once their blockchain is built, you'll get the equivalent official EOS token based on how much you have in the Ethereum address you registered with. If you are a US resident, you'll probably just need to keep your EOS tokens in a separate Ethereum wallet (not in an exchange) and once their platform is complete, they'll probably have a way to import your Ethereum address to get the equivalent tokens on their blockchain.

Thanks for confirming that EOS’ likely issued an illegal security by doing widespread promotion that caused US persons to find a way to invest and bypass their IP address (with a VPN) and “I am not a USA investor” self-appraisal, but note that it’s possible this does not make the EOS Platform tokens securities (rather just the issuer that might end up in legal troubles):

[…]

In short, the SAFT provides investors with the right to fully-functional utility tokens, delivered once the network is created and the tokens are functional. The SAFT is very likely a security, namely an investment contract. Once the tokens have been imbued with utility and are genuinely functional, the SAFT investors’ rights in the SAFT automatically convert into a right to delivery of the tokens. For the now-functional utility tokens, there is a very strong argument that the tokens themselves are not securities.
The same should apply to any ultimate sale of the tokens to retail purchasers, whether by the SAFT investors or by the seller.

So vaporware ICOs are securities. Fully-functional tokens if have sufficient free market factors other than just ongoing developer efforts, are probably not securities.

Moreover, since the tokens are not securities and the SAFT is non-transferrable, the investors do not, merely by purchasing the SAFT, risk being deemed underwriters if they resell their tokens.⁷⁵

⁷⁵ Investors are participants in the distribution of the utility tokens following conversion of the SAFT, but the token is not a security. Though the SAFT is a security, they do not distribute it. The definition of underwriter under the Federal Securities Laws is limited to the participation in a distribution of a security, thus SAFT investors need not fall within the definition or risk exposure associated with being deemed an underwriter. See Securities Act Section 2(a)(11), 15 U.S.C. § 77b(a)(11).

So by this logic, a token which was issued and sold as a security (e.g. pre-functional vaporware ICO), would not necessarily become a non-security when it is sold by investors later when it is fully-functional and has sufficient free market factors other than just ongoing developer efforts, i.e. when the “from ongoing efforts of others” prong of Howey is no longer satisfied. Because the investors could be considered underwriters if they had not held the token for some reason other than to distribute it, which as I had pointed out upthread may require up to a 3 year hold before selling.

The separation of the issuance into a security that has rights for a token (instead of issuing a pre-functional token or promise) and separate issuance of the fully-function token is argued that the investors in the former (e.g. a SAFT) had no intention to distribute a security because the fully-functional token is argued to not be a security because it fails the “from ongoing efforts of others” prong of Howey. Whether the issue of the former security (which can be traded for a fully-functional platform token later) was legal is a separate issue, with for example EOS’ issuance being very suspect of not complying with securities regulations.

Perhaps, if EOS is required to pay back all the money that might hamper development.

However, the following may even implicate the Platform tokens as securities:

Second, a seller might weaken its defense against the fourth Howey prong when the seller significantly over-promises in its sales materials. In such a circumstance, the seller’s efforts to imbue the token with greater utility might still predominate the variety of other market forces acting upon the token’s price. A profit-seeking purchaser might predominantly rely upon the efforts of the seller, even post-functionality, where the seller makes bold promises of developing more sophisticated functionality beyond that present at issuance. Purchasers might rely on those promises and expect to profit from the resulting increase in functionality, thus satisfying Howey’s final prong.

Ah the above might even endanger the EOS Platform tokens as being securities!

You have got to be kidding me. EOS is not even close to being a security. It promises nothing in return and is an open source software that will be released. You sure wasted a lot of words and don't even understand what EOS is.

As far as US buyers using VPN to get around getting EOS tokens, 99% of other ICO's have allowed the same loophole. They gave the same warnings with even stronger language discouraging US buyers

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:42:47 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 05:46:25 AM by Hyperme.sh

You have got to be kidding me. EOS is not even close to being a security. It promises nothing in return and is an open source software that will be released. You sure wasted a lot of words and don't even understand what EOS is.

The securities law is based on the profit expectations of investors, not what EOS writes in their legal documents which do not reflect the economic reality of the situation.

Do you see Blockone actively ensuring that the EOS tokens will not have any value? Did they sue the exchanges to prevent the tokens from being listed?

Open source does not help them avert the securities regulations, because for one thing they pooled the funds raised and are expected by investors to use those funds to develop the open source.

The investors expectations are proven by the comments in this thread. All the SEC has to do is capture this thread. Note I have archived this thread at archive.is to help the regulators.

As far as US buyers using VPN to get around getting EOS tokens, 99% of other ICO's have allowed the same loophole. They gave the same warnings with even stronger language discouraging US buyers

Nevertheless, the US buyers side-stepped the controls and thus EOS (i.e. blockone) has likely violated the law.

Disclaimer: IANAL. This is not legal advice.
gribble

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:40:05 AM

I like to hear your opionion about EOS price. It is continously dropping and if I am not wrong this was the first ICO price
Do you think It will go lower or it is good time to invest in?
I don't recommend to you for buy or not eos token right now but i think there is no wrong to share reasons people to buy eos
10 reasons to buy EOS tokens right now 1. 90% discount from the peak price 2. First P2P-testnet coming this year
3. EOS is still completely 4. Dan Larimer has a good trackrecord 5. EOS is thousands of times faster than Ethereum
6. we’ll see a usable DEX 7. Bitfinex is on board 8. Block.one has a lot of money 9. A growing community
10. Get rid of all these addresses https://medium.com/@yobanjo/10-reasons-to-buy-eos-tokens-right-now-3a4fa8015c14
i don't have any relationship with it just for education only  Wink
barabb ass

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:30:24 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 11:42:05 AM by barabb ass

The securities law is based on the profit expectations of investors, not what EOS writes in their legal documents which do not reflect the economic reality of the situation.

Open source does not help them avert the securities regulations, because for one thing they pooled the funds raised and are expected by investors to use those funds to develop the open source.

The investors expectations are proven by the comments in this thread. All the SEC has to do is capture this thread. Note I have archived this thread at archive.is to help the regulators.

Nevertheless, the US buyers side-stepped the controls and thus EOS (i.e. blockone) has likely violated the law.

Disclaimer: IANAL. This is not legal advice.

Why the fuck then are you worrying and discussing and bitching about a subject on which you admittedly have neither expertise ie no fucking idea of what you are talking about nor any interest ie no money put on EOS?

Unlike you the Larimers know how to get shit done and put it out there for everyone to use, even knowing the theoretical risks they are taking in the undefined legal framework surrounding crypto right now.

What kind of incapable moron are you?

Or do you have a good excuse to explain your mental diarrhea type only activity on this forum? oh I have the feeling you must have a good one or two.
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:22:46 PM

Is EOS a Scam or a Fraud? 5 Points of Contention

https://cryptovest.com/reviews/is-eos-a-scam-or-a-fraud-5-points-of-contention/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

ChromaticStar

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:12:11 PM

I don't think it's a scam. These are all things that were stated or implied before the ICO. Investors need to price these concepts into their investment considerations. I am one of the investors who hasn't bought in much yet and is waiting to buy as the price falls even further, potentially very big. As much as I like Vitalik, I can't let emotion stand in the way of real possibilities. If EOS fulfills its promises and ETH can't scale fast enough, once EOS is deployed it's over for ETH and all its tokens will go with it.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:41:21 PM

Checked this after a week and the few holdings I have has dropped a lot in value, was this due to the kraken notification or why has EOS lost more than 50cents in a week

I've read around that price is expected to drop for a long while, during the distribution phase, before it will eventually starts to climb again.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: