Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:43:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189610 times)
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:22:46 PM

The EOS testnet is here in 1 month. Here’s what to expect

A surprising topic showed up yesterday on the EOS-subreddit. The devs are ahead of schedule and user “knowbean” spotted this on their GitHub and made a topic about it:
EOS Public Testnet coming on 4th December — 4 weeks ahead of schedule!
Of course this got a lot of upvotes because everyone who follows a crypto-project is used to delays. But here we are. The devs are weeks ahead of schedule when it comes to starting a test-network and multi-core support.
What to expect
From a user perspective the testnet won’t probably bring that much to the table right at the beginning. At least, that is what I expect. It’s great to know that there’s a blockchain running but unless you interact with it there’s not that much to see. For the Block Producers (BPs) there is a lot to learn though. EOS is quite a new concept and a new block every second (or even every 500 ms!) is completely unknown in the world of smart contracts.

Full article:

https://medium.com/@eosforumorg/the-eos-testnet-is-here-in-1-month-heres-what-to-expect-2ef546cac6f1

First time token buyer here. Just getting in the game now. What’s the safest wallet for holding EOS? And should I even claim it now if I have no intention of selling until the distribution is over?

Just use a Ethereum-address where you own the private key. MyEtherWallet will do the job. Make sure to get a good backup of the private key. Most easy thing is to buy them on an exchange. That way there's no need to claim anything. You can just store EOS as the ERC-20 token that it is.

Hope that helps.  

StinchcombNancy

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:18:04 AM

What do you think the risk is of holding EOS on OpenLedger in their form of OPEN.EOS?
btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:14:27 PM

In which period, you people, believe that the eos price gonna grow semnificative?
it's obvious that the price start to rise these days, and i think it will grow much faster as time went through, BM really have the ability to make it great to compete with Eth
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:25:57 PM

In which period, you people, believe that the eos price gonna grow semnificative?
it's obvious that the price start to rise these days, and i think it will grow much faster as time went through, BM really have the ability to make it great to compete with Eth

Which are your opinions in the recent rise of the price being just a pump&dump scheme? Predictions were that the price would get lower for many months more...

chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:01:25 PM

Which are your opinions in the recent rise of the price being just a pump&dump scheme?
A short squeeze posibility was mentioned in EOS Telegram. Also 3 new chineese(I think) exchanges that already listed or are going to list EOS. Also the development moves faster and the testnet will be launched earlier than expected.

Predictions were that the price would get lower for many months more...

Lol, lower than $0.50? for many months more? what marketcap value would that give to EOS and how much funds do they already have?  Smiley those "predictions" were probably made up by shorters.
Iwuzhaxxed

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Russian hackers stole my legendary account. :(

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:55:59 PM

The EOS testnet is here in 1 month. Here’s what to expect

A surprising topic showed up yesterday on the EOS-subreddit. The devs are ahead of schedule and user “knowbean” spotted this on their GitHub and made a topic about it:
EOS Public Testnet coming on 4th December — 4 weeks ahead of schedule!
Of course this got a lot of upvotes because everyone who follows a crypto-project is used to delays. But here we are. The devs are weeks ahead of schedule when it comes to starting a test-network and multi-core support.
What to expect
From a user perspective the testnet won’t probably bring that much to the table right at the beginning. At least, that is what I expect. It’s great to know that there’s a blockchain running but unless you interact with it there’s not that much to see. For the Block Producers (BPs) there is a lot to learn though. EOS is quite a new concept and a new block every second (or even every 500 ms!) is completely unknown in the world of smart contracts.

Full article:

https://medium.com/@eosforumorg/the-eos-testnet-is-here-in-1-month-heres-what-to-expect-2ef546cac6f1

First time token buyer here. Just getting in the game now. What’s the safest wallet for holding EOS? And should I even claim it now if I have no intention of selling until the distribution is over?

Just use a Ethereum-address where you own the private key. MyEtherWallet will do the job. Make sure to get a good backup of the private key. Most easy thing is to buy them on an exchange. That way there's no need to claim anything. You can just store EOS as the ERC-20 token that it is.

Hope that helps.  

If you intend to hold until live net then you need to map your eos pub key to the eth wallet address. Otherwise your coins will not be in the snapshot on launch.

https://steemit.com/eos/@sandwich/how-to-update-the-eos-public-key-mapped-registered-to-your-ethereum-wallet-with-myetherwallet-mew

Iwuzhaxxed

Activity: 77

Russian hackers stole my legendary account. :(

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:59:12 PM

No, there is another 6 months of ICO and more than 552 million coins to be bought. The price will come down again and likely below 10K sat. Just wait to buy in.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:17:28 PM

Edumacation:

https://medium.com/@shelby_78386/okay-youre-at-least-attempting-to-write-something-marginally-technically-coherent-this-time-c44d7e66e2a4
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:25:38 PM

What is this time? your new theory that pigs can fly?
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:53:12 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 09:19:19 PM by Hyperme.sh

Yeah Dan does seem to think they can. BFT math refutation is linked above.

Hey I advised you to stop drawing more attention to my expertise.

Just be quiet and let the FOMO run its course so you can maximize the candy you steal from babies.

And remember who you’re beholden to when selling illegal securities to US persons. Do we even know who you are? A budding enrollee into organized crime syndicates?

Are you guys really under the delusion that Vitalik and Ethereum are not going to react when the time for doing so is ripe.  Roll Eyes

All the ammunition and facts have been laid out for them to do so. Nobody really cared about Steemit. Now you boastfully declare that all the experts are idiots. Let’s see how that works out for ya.

Also the bigger the mcap pot to short, the more incentive the DAO attacker has to DDoS some facet of your system or other attacks (heck maybe he is the one who has been gaming the token sale as was documented upthread so perhaps he is already loaded up with the necessary token supply to attack the block producer core as my blog explains how to do).

And Lol, if they are holding the $2 billion in BTC as Vitalik did and then another crypto winter comes and it shrinks to $200 million, then the SEC rules they have to return the $2 billion. Or you cash some out to fiat and then it is ruled you must return all the BTC yet BTC has risen to $25k. Or the banks places holds on your funds. Or various possible thefts…

Stealing begets stealing.

You just continue with those boastful attacks on the credibility of others.

Of course Dan has been doing that dishonorable shit ever since he kicked Charles Hoskinson out and broke his contracts with him back before Bitshares was launched.

So I guess we should not be surprised at the scum he has attracted around him.

Why not instead join our overall crypto ecosystem and be cooperative? Can’t you accept peer review? It is a process for improvement.

Why do you have to ridicule Vitalik in order to try fool everyone into thinking that DPoS is some absolutely infallible technology and that everyone else is inept. Do you guys really drink your own Koolaid?
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:25:08 PM

Hey I advised you to stop drawing more attention to my expertise.

Irrationality and lies is your main "expertise".

Just be quiet and let the FOMO run its course so you can maximize the candy you steal from babies.

I'm buying fair and square my candies dude, It's you who tries to decieve people, I could let you go on with your lies and deception so that I could buy lower but I'm not this kind of person.

And remember who you’re beholden to when selling illegal securities to US persons. Do we even know who you are? A budding enrollee into organized crime syndicates?

I completly forgot that you also have legal "expertise" too! Although you sound more like a buffoon.

Are you guys really under the delusion that Vitalik and Ethereum are not going to react when the time for doing so is ripe.  Roll Eyes

"Plasma", they used a name that Dan created and was known to the Bitshares comunity back in 2015  Wink  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19728.0.html

At least they had the courtesy to rename the DAC acronym to the DAO Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What will they do this time? Use DPOS? What version? 1.0 2.0 or the EOS one?

But hey, their 30 tps frankenstein monster is just waiting for the time to be ripe. Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRqsiPsqL_A&t=55s

chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:45:44 PM

And Lol, if they are holding the $2 billion in BTC as Vitalik did and then another crypto winter comes and it shrinks to $200 million, then the SEC rules they have to return the $2 billion. Or you cash some out to fiat and then it is ruled you must return all the BTC yet BTC has risen to $25k. Or the banks places holds on your funds. Or various possible thefts…

LOL, Just read again what you just wrote, IF... and then... and it... then the....  they have....  or.... and then...it is.... you must.... yet.... or.... or....

Aren't those the "math" that make pigs fly?  Cheesy

Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:47:48 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2017, 10:04:33 PM by Hyperme.sh

EOS is honestly a straight up scam. False claims, shitty advertising to vulnerable non-crypto populations (both in Times Sq. and on cabs) to prop up their ridiculous raise, unrealistic raise targets in the first place, attacks on the platform underlying their year-long ICO, the very existence of a year-long ICO, Dan Larimer's third ICO, no caps, a broken consensus algorithm, buzzword city ("enterprise blockchains!" "blockchain OS!", "WASM!"), multiple shady capital organizations with questionable advertising practices involved in pre-public rounds, no research and no community, etc etc.

I wouldn't touch that trash with a ten foot poll. It's a cash grab from dumb investors and a classic example of a garbage pump. I hope sincerely that it dies quickly. The worst of the ICOs.

Vitalik! Please stop wasting your time and energy with this genius scam artist and focus on your product - a decentralised blockchain with the ability to store and execute smart contracts.

If somebody else creates some random centralised/pseudo-private blockchain with great marketing - why should YOU care?

Vitalik’s comments are spot on and very astute:

To try to ensure decentralization, DPOS allows all coin holders to vote on who the nodes running the consortium chain are. This, together with the lack of in-protocol economic incentives for these master nodes to behave correctly, and the lack of client-side validation capability, mean that there is an extreme reliance on the voting mechanism. Voting has the following problems:

[…]

Coin holder interests are not perfectly aligned with user interests, and so proposals that increase coin prices at the expense of making the system useful may get implemented.

Actually I have extended that argument to any form of price manipulation up or down of the tokens and other ways the whales can obfuscate extracting rents, preferably obfuscated by voting and such:

https://medium.com/@shelby_78386/okay-youre-at-least-attempting-to-write-something-marginally-technically-coherent-this-time-c44d7e66e2a4

https://busy.org/blockchain/@anonymint/re-idealist-re-anonymint-consortium-blockchains-e-g-dpos-and-tendermint-can-t-internet-scale-20171103t153714598z
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:59:23 PM

EOS is honestly a straight up scam. False claims, shitty advertising to vulnerable non-crypto populations (both in Times Sq. and on cabs) to prop up their ridiculous raise, unrealistic raise targets in the first place, attacks on the platform underlying their year-long ICO, the very existence of a year-long ICO, Dan Larimer's third ICO, no caps, a broken consensus algorithm, buzzword city ("enterprise blockchains!" "blockchain OS!", "WASM!"), multiple shady capital organizations with questionable advertising practices involved in pre-public rounds, no research and no community, etc etc.

I wouldn't touch that trash with a ten foot poll. It's a cash grab from dumb investors and a classic example of a garbage pump. I hope sincerely that it dies quickly. The worst of the ICOs.

So this is how "Vitalik and ethereum", as the reddit/ethereum title sugests are defending their groundWink
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:05:26 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 06:30:36 PM by Hyperme.sh

So this is how "Vitalik and ethereum", as the reddit/ethereum title sugests are defending their ground?  Wink

Do you even know how to make technological rebuttal. Of course you do not.

You’re technologically illiterate.

Let’s go on a live video debate? Lol.

Here is another DPoS shill idiot:

Proxy is just another name for another account or whale or public person or not used at all, makes little difference. If we're talking about "power", mining pools in eth are far worse..

He did not even read what Vitalik linked to which refutes the power of miners do such malfeasance that can be done on DPoS:

With blockchain applications, however, we are doing something different: we are using coordination problems to our advantage, using the friction that coordination problems create as a bulwark against malfeasance by centralized actors. We can build systems that have property X, and we can guarantee that they will preserve property X to a high degree because changing the rules from X to not-X would require a whole bunch of people to agree to update their software at the same time. Even if there is an actor that could force the change, doing so would be hard. This is the kind of security that you gain from client-side validation of blockchain consensus rules.

Note that this kind of security relies on the decentralization of users specifically. Even if there is only one miner in the world, there is still a difference between a cryptocurrency mined by that miner and a PayPal-like centralized system. In the latter case, the operator can choose to arbitrarily change the rules, freeze people’s money, offer bad service, jack up their fees or do a whole host of other things, and the coordination problems are in the operator’s favor, as such systems have substantial network effects and so very many users would have to agree at the same time to switch to a better system. In the former case, client-side validation means that many attempts at mischief that the miner might want to engage in are by default rejected, and the coordination problem now works in the users’ favor.

Note that the arguments above do NOT, by themselves, imply that it is a bad idea for miners to be the principal actors coordinating and deciding the block size (or in Ethereum’s case, the gas limit). It may well be the case that, in the specific case of the block size/gas limit, “government by coordinated miners with aligned incentives” is the optimal approach for deciding this one particular policy parameter, perhaps because the risk of miners abusing their power is lower than the risk that any specific chosen hard limit will prove wildly inappropriate for market conditions a decade after the limit is set. However, there is nothing unreasonable about saying that government-by-miners is the best way to decide one policy parameter, and at the same saying that for other parameters (eg. block reward) we want to rely on client-side validation to ensure that miners are constrained. This is the essence of engineering decentralized instutitions: it is about strategically using coordination problems to ensure that systems continue to satisfy certain desired properties.

Vitalik did not bother to reply to all these idiot shills because never interrupt the enemy when they are in the process of destroying themselves.

And you recently said I was junior to Dan. Lol. I am going to hold your feet to the fire for that delusion you have.

I completly forgot that you also have legal "expertise" too! Although you sound more like a buffoon.

Vitalik had an interesting comment that is applicable:

China has decided to fully regulate ICOs. The Securities and Exchange Commission has also decided to allow ICOs only when they fulfill all the criteria necessary for initial public offerings.

ICOs are also likely to be banned in Korea. What do you think about the regulatory moves by the nation toward ICOs? Will the regulations hamper technological development?

I think banning ICOs completely will definitely hamper technological development, as we return to the problem that the open-source software industry has had before, which is that software development is very hard to monetize.

Imposing very specific regulations is also problematic at this stage, as rules that are not well implemented can often be either easily worked around or even counterproductive, as they encourage further obfuscation. Deliberate ambiguity, so as to keep open the option to go after truly bad actors, may well be the optimal strategy in the short term.

Dan the guy who has admitted in writing doing premeditated scams, continues to misrepresent material facts, goes for a money grab in cohoots with various shady people, and intentionally trying to subvert securities regulations might be an ideal candidate for bad actors.

The Block.one team is basically all the ii5 people that the CEO of Block.one brought in from his company in Hong Kong and a few people Dan brought with him from Bitshares/Steem. They put this together with Brock Pierce’s connections to investment bankers and created an offshore Cayman islands corporation yet still end up selling to US persons because they apparently did not KYC on buyers of the token sale.

They have some Chinese chick as their main lawyer who appears specialized in offshore corporations.
Haitham

Activity: 69

Cryptos = New hope in life!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:18:47 PM

I wonder when more people will realize that EOS is a scam.

very shady terms if anyone bothered to read them... lost all my respect out there.

Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:05:24 PM

I wonder when more people will realize that EOS is a scam.

very shady terms if anyone bothered to read them... lost all my respect out there.

Mind pointing to specifics?

I couldn't find anything that suggests that EOS is a scam. Sure it looks like Dan Larimer just making profit off the gigantic ICO that they are holding and the whole platform seems to be an integration of Steem + Bitshares, but then, it's up to the investors whether or not they're interested and want to invest.

Price down 10% or so today, any forecasts?
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:26:07 PM

Do you even know how to make technological rebuttal. Of course you do not.

There is no need to "technologicaly rebuttal" the crap you spew out dude. I'm not here to convince anyone for anything, you are.

Here is another DPoS shill idiot:

The only idiot here is the one that thinks that he is better than Dan. You spent too much effort to this, do you see him in your dreams?

And you recently said I was junior to Dan.

Yes, it seems you actually see him in your dreams, you are no mach for him, get over it.

philakone

Activity: 266
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:37:16 PM

I'm doing daily EOS technical analysis on YouTube using Elliot Wave Theory and Trend line analysis.

Please check it out if you are a day/swing trader as it help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-DFnlrOIrM
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:12:26 AM

You still delete and repost your posts iznogoud? You never got away from this silly habit of yours.

Do I have to take pics everytime you post something?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: