Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:17:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189610 times)
NakiRR

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:44:59 PM

Guys, when eos will swap ethereum erc20 tokens to their own? i want to buy eos now and forget about it for a long time (2-4 years), but, if i will forget about my tokens i will not swap them and may lose it. Or not, and i will be able to swap my erc20 in any time i want?
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:12:49 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 03:34:57 AM by Hyperme.sh

Responding with cartoons and ad-hominems does not speak well for the credibility of this project.

It’s contagious:  Cheesy (self-deprecating humor)

3 fucking years and Dan can’t even write a proper fucking white paper for DPoS.

Three. Fucking. Years.

Not 1.5 years. Three fucking years. Can not even write a white paper, in 3 fucking years. Actually 3.5 years, because DPoS was announced during April 2014.

And Dan has not been battling disseminated Tuberculosis for 3+ fucking years.

The dickhead (not referring to Dan, unless he is a sockpuppet troll here) is going to learn something about reality soon[within a few months].
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:22:42 AM

3 fucking years and Dan can’t even write a proper fucking white paper for DPoS.

Says the guy with a proven history of lying, fuding and being banned from the forum non stop.

The dickhead (not referring to Dan, unless he is a sockpuppet troll here) is going to learn something about reality soon[within a few months].

While Dan has created two of the most used blockchains in the world http://www.blocktivity.info/ and right now he is part of the huge EOS team gathering legenderay support and funds, you are spending your miserable life

foaming from the mouth like a mad dog in the forums, you have other more serious issues than "disseminated Tuberculosis" bro. 

NickCrypto

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:03:36 AM

Great Chart Gallery of EOS on BitScreener: https://bitscreener.com/coins/eos/chart_gallery

Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:17:48 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 08:50:27 PM by Hyperme.sh

Furthermore, I (claim I) solved the problem of how to do a million+ transactions per second, entirely decentralized, no voting, no proof-of-work, no proof-of-stake, back in Q4 2016 when I wrote 30+ page white paper. My recent blog which afaics strongly evidences that Dan is not thoroughly qualified, was excerpted from that white paper.

Vitalik is finally getting closer to my design as I have taken so long to get my design to release. But afaik he is not quite there yet.

Because the dickhead keeps slandering my coding performance over the past couple of years, I want to set the record straight on this matter. I tried to ignore it, but he continues repeating this point beating me over the head with my chronic illness debacle. Because he is evidently an absolute scumbag similar to @DecentralizeEconomics. I would have preferred to settle the issue privately with him, but he is too much of a faggot (keyboard warrior so brave hiding behind the network) to face me in person man-to-man, so therefore I will set the record straight in public.

The only thing that stopped me from releasing it earlier in 2017 was because I was undergoing a 6+ month antibiotic treatment for disseminated tuberculosis which was so toxic to my liver which in turn was so neurotoxic (the meds are known to kill 0.02% of those over age 50 due to liver toxicity and 2% can not even finish the antibiotic regimen due to liver toxicity, additionally my liver was already beat up for having the active form of the illness for so many years prior) that I could not maintain the concentration and mental energy to code. I battled this problem every day for years. It was (perhaps still is) a debacle which words can not adequately describe.

Liver toxicity combined with auto-immunity (because the immune system is attacking the body tissues infected with the disseminated bacteria) mimics the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis (because the endocrine system gets messed up), and this can mean severe brain fog, chronic fatigue (meaning not enough energy to tie shoes), and numerous other symptoms. The closest most of you have experienced to this, is drinking a bottle of Tequila (including the worm) and being totally shitfaced hungover with dry heaves in the bathtub the next day. Now imagine that condition for years. Would that make you irritable?

And then there was a several month recovery process.

All those investing in EOS long-term be forewarned. I am probably going to destroy your investment. Short-term FOMO speculation I can not impact.

Good luck.

(And no, I am not short EOS. And no I am not promoting my project, as I am not even going to announce it on BCT. I am forced to write something to correct lies of the dickhead. No choice).

I have created million user software all by myself in the past such as one of the first easy-to-use, drag+drop WYSIWYG web page editors Cool Page which had ~1% market share of the entire Internet in 2001. As well, I am one of the early co-devs of what is now Corel Painter (not Paint), the first that simulated the physics of natural paints and media and pressure. I have worked with for example Lee Lorenzen who created Ventura Publisher, one of the worlds first WYSIWYG desktop publishing software back at the time of that revolution in the late 1980s before Aldus PageMaker and Adobe Photoshop. I even created one of the first such software in the late 1980s named (Neocept) WordUp, but for the Atari ST. I did not switch careers from an entirely unrelated industry just to get into blockchain development. I have been a computer programmer and computer scientist all my life starting at age 13 in 1978. Was a contractor for EOS Photomodeler in 1996 and created the 3D Viewer and some 3D import/export formats, before I created my Art-O-Matic software and then Cool Page after that. Then after making a lot of money on Cool Page, I basically retired until I got interested in blockchains, because I had not found anything to work on that interested me sufficiently and which could make a world impact. Also because my life took a mid-life crisis dive in my 40s (some destructive quagmires I got snarled in due to choice of a wife and I guess we can say wanderlust/disgust with USA culture at the time), which is the reason for the health problems and eventual poverty (by 2013/4) which I ended up (coupled with an illness that prevented me from working effectively), which I am now climbing out of.

I am going to make you STFU dickhead. Most likely, as @DecentralizeEconomics has done due to his failure of judgement, incorrect slandering of me, and subsequent failure & embarrassment, you will crawl into a cave and disappear.

In fact, if I had not had disseminated Tuberculosis from 2012 - 2017 (but did not even know what disseminated TB was and thought I had Multiple Sclerosis because the symptoms were similar), I would have produced software in our crypto industry many years ago. Many times over those years I thought maybe my health was improving (because it turns out that high dose vitamin D3 spurs the immune system to fight back), but then it relapsed (because the TB bacteria will lay dormant to hide then re-emerge) and I did not realize I had a disseminated (meaning not confined to the lungs, but also in the lymph nodes, gut, possibly brain, etc) bacterial infection. It was not until January 2017 that I was diagnosed. I was there discussing the technology with them since 2013. Charles Hoskinson offered to create a project with me before he approached Vitalik to create Ethereum. And that was when he told me what Dan did to him, but I encouraged him to create another project and not be downbeat. And no I will never repeat what he told me to anyone. It is private. But I refused because the technology was not yet mature. But those guys (Dan included) wanted to rush and release something before they had developed the technology. I had even warned Charles that Turing complete contracts on a blockchain would lead to some sort of DAO attack. And I refused to get involved in selling an ICO in 2014 and all that noise. I told him I was not ready and to go ahead without me. Also I knew I was sick, but not as sick in 2013/4 as I became in 2015/6. Note Charles has subsequently pointed out in public that he was against the ICO and wanted Ethereum to take investment from venture capitalists instead.

I am not like that. I do not sell hype. I create solid technology and products.

Just to set the record straight on your lies dickhead.

Actually I had always thought that Dan was genuine but just a bit weird/myopic in terms of his design choices and political-economic philosophy. But the premeditated sneakyfastmine of Steem (wherein he wrote a blog in advance announcing they would do that) to grab 50+% of the money supply for an oligarchy of whales caused me to start to doubt whether he was innocuous. But then I realized he did not have much choice because DPoS does not function properly with chaos in voting (he was frustrated the Bitshares governance was not working correctly to approve funding for some of the things he wanted to be worked on) and must be controlled by a like-minded group of whales. And Steem was somewhat interesting because it was the first experiment for onboarding the masses. And the first with a front-end interface and use case outside of just a wallet. So I rolled with it and used the lessons learned (such as my blog mathematically figuring out that voting from minted tokens of the collective can never be fair and must aggregate to the whales) there to guide my project plans. But the $2 billion “useless token” sale and all this distortion of the material facts while ridiculing others in the industry is way over the top and has lowered my respect for Dan even further into the gutter.

Personally I got interested in decentralized ledgers (decentralized coordination) because I wanted to try to see if we could change the structure of the world, not right back to same ole shit. Wallstreet, money, governments, and corruption. EOS appears to be knee deep in that shit.

No problem with competition. Competition is good. But all the lying and slandering of reputations of others is abhorrent. We do not need that kind of shit in our industry. We need to compete and find the best solutions for decentralization.

I am not slandering Dan. I am writing factually. Dickheads are not writing factually about me. Thus the necessity of this post.

And to reiterate, what really set me off was @chryspano claiming that I am subservient to Dan, just because I was a blogger on Steemit as if I work for them (the hierarchy of whale oligarchy in Dan’s kingdom blockchain projects). Lol. In your dreams, mofo.

sladering your superior doesn't earn you any credibility points

Cut out the crap, I was teaching and refuting @bytemaster (aka Daniel Larimer) on these forums back in 2013/2014 way before he became a big time scammer doing premeditated illegal securities issuance.

And let’s not forget my blog and a companion BCT thread urging going all in on BTC when it was ~$600. And the screaming all over the forums to buy LTC at $6 because it was going to $50, then $100, which caused a ban. And what did LTC do? It went to $50 and then $80 (where I sold and repurchased at $40s) and now it is going to $100 - $150. They key there was selling at $60 (on the bounce from $40s) and buying BTC on dip at $4000 with the proceeds (which btw I did not do even though I thought about it, bcz I was busy on other more important matters and because I had not yet time to sort out my thinking on the timing of any possible SegWit booty theft attack, but I did sell some at $60 for BCH). As for Steem, I cashed out as much as possible at $4. Looks to me that @chryspano is still holding bags which I may send to zero price (although chart wise, looks like Steem might have another huge move up which presumably would be due to its first mover established marketshare and perhaps some key change that will be made such as partnership with a major social network?, but not certain).

Remember anything can happen during competition. The best laid plans of mice and men can be disrupted and this can cut both ways.

But there is no need to be lying about material facts. Compete on the merits not sleazy.

In the meantime Dan is building scalable blockchains with governance systems that are years ahead of any "competition" while others cling to the past and are showing their envy with FUD, no, FUD is not the right word, BS is!

Governance = centralized clusterfuck, due to the political-economics science of voting. Thus not Internet scalable. Transaction volume scaling is not the only facet of scaling.

Here is a key example wherein a whale can cause censorship:

UPDATE: We have @chryspano a whale-dolphin at Steem abusing the downvoting feature to censor the images and my entire blog post at Steem is now hidden (so much for the power of decentralization when the blockchain is overlorded by whales). Note the busy.org rendering of my blog page is still intact as that site apparently doesn’t enforce Steemit’s whale-controlled censorship.

The entire fucking point of the game theory of Bitcoin is to be immutable and remove governance. Now we await to see if the SegWit “pay to anyone” booty will be stolen with a long-range chain attack restoring the immutability of Bitcoin, or if the game theory failed.

What is the use case of the new Dtube app for Steem is the whales can censor content the same as Youtube is?
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:40:12 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 02:10:19 PM by chryspano

I solved the problem

I wrote 30+ page

I have taken so

I was undergoing a

I could not

I am probably going

I can not

I am not short EOS

I am not promoting my project

I am not even going to

I have created

As well, I am one of the

I even created

I have been a

I created my

I basically retired

I got interested in

I had not found

I got snarled in

I guess

I ended up

I am now climbing out

I am going to make you STFU dickhead.

if I had not

I had Multiple Sclerosis

I would have produced

I thought

I did not realize

I had a disseminated

I was diagnosed

I was there

create a project with me

he told me

I encouraged him

I will never

he told me

I refused

I had even

And I refused to get involved

I told him

I was not ready

I knew

I was sick

I became in

I am not like that

I do not sell hype

I create solid technology

I had always thought

I realized

I rolled with it

I am not

I am writing factually

I was a blogger

I work for them

@chryspano claiming that I am subservient to Dan

Just to set the record straight on your lies dickhead.

I sold and

I did not

I thought

I was busy

I had not yet

I did sell

I cashed out

I may send to

Are YOU on any kind of drugs/medication right now?

daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:46:42 PM

Stable coins (e.g. SBD) in a specific platform (e.g. Steem) damage the liquid coin (STEEM) right? So it's not ideal to have stable coins within an EOS based dapp, or am I missing something?
Lyd

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:48:01 PM

Anyone know any good solution to the resulting low tractability of having a volatile token that can be used to access dapp functionalities? Any idea besides the mechanism being used for SBD?
philakone

Activity: 266
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:48:23 PM

EOS November 6 Technical Analysis and Price Cast, Elliot Wave and Trend Line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wTvuwrsMH8
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:00:58 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 07:41:19 PM by Hyperme.sh

daniweb & Lyd, correct that pegs have tradeoffs and are not long-term stable. They create opportunity costs to destroy the peg by extracting value out of other facets. This can be examined formally with math.

The only solution I can see is to create a paradigm in which users do not care about the volatility. This is primarily why speculator coins are never going to be widely adopted systems.

That is one of the reasons I wrote upthread that EOS can talk the hype and even have a $2 billion war chest, but it does not mean they can necessarily solve the underlying free market opportunity costs which have prevented widespread adoption.

EOS November 6 Technical Analysis and Price Cast, Elliot Wave and Trend Line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wTvuwrsMH8

Btw, that looks to be a good analysis. Looks very bullish short-term.
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:37:58 PM

Will eos be the token for eos storage? Or will eos storage have a new token?
zeeman

Activity: 598

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:52:04 PM

As far as I know you can just stake some EOS tokens and get an amount of space to store your data.
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:20:58 PM

As far as I know you can just stake some EOS tokens and get an amount of space to store your data.

This exemplifies the fraud of zero transaction fees.

There is no free market competitive process?

Who decides how much the storage providers are paid? Governance right? Well as we know, governance is a power vacuum always captured by those who can steal the most from the collective via kickbacks and such.

This is why governance does not Internet scale. Ian Grigg is incorrect.

These are very difficult problems to solve. Perhaps insoluble. Humanity has been dealing with this insoluble problem of coordination power vacuum since the inception of civilization. That is why Vitalik, myself, and others have been researching these matters for years.

Dan rushes with an adhoc system which does not really solve the fundamental issues of decentralization. That is fine. But please do not lie.
key_z

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:45:40 PM

Furthermore, I (claim I) solved the problem of how to do a million+ transactions per second, entirely decentralized, no voting, no proof-of-work, no proof-of-stake, back in Q4 2016 when I wrote 30+ page white paper. My recent blog which afaics strongly evidences that Dan is not thoroughly qualified, was excerpted from that white paper.

Hi Shelby,

I'm would like to read your white paper - sounds super interesting. Can you link me to it? (Note: sorry if it's already been shared upthread or elsewhere. I'm a newb and probably missed whatever original post you made sharing the Github link or other posting location of the paper)

Cheers,
key_z

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:53:26 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 09:16:32 PM by Hyperme.sh

In the meantime Dan is building scalable blockchains with governance systems that are years ahead of any "competition" while others cling to the past and are showing their envy with FUD, no, FUD is not the right word, BS is!

Governance = centralized clusterfuck, due to the political-economics science of voting. Thus not Internet scalable. Transaction volume scaling is not the only facet of scaling.

Here is a key example wherein a whale can cause censorship:

UPDATE: We have @chryspano a whale-dolphin at Steem abusing the downvoting feature to censor the images and my entire blog post at Steem is now hidden (so much for the power of decentralization when the blockchain is overlorded by whales). Note the busy.org rendering of my blog page is still intact as that site apparently doesn’t enforce Steemit’s whale-controlled censorship.

The entire fucking point of the game theory of Bitcoin is to be immutable and remove governance. Now we await to see if the SegWit “pay to anyone” booty will be stolen with a long-range chain attack restoring the immutability of Bitcoin, or if the game theory failed.

What is the use case of the new Dtube app for Steem is the whales can censor content the same as Youtube is?

What is the use case of the new Dtube app for Steem if the whales can censor content the same as Youtube is? Of course someone else could create an app for Steem which does not rank content by voting (or at least does not allow content to be entirely hidden by whale voting), but the whales ultimately are in control of the block producers who decide what goes on the blockchain, so there comes a time when the government pressures them the same as they are pressuring Youtube to censor data.

With a non-permissionless system of block producers, those with the most stake can not be replaced. Who is going to give away their stake.

There are fundamental insoluble issues with proof-of-stake.

I'm would like to read your white paper - sounds super interesting. Can you link me to it? (Note: sorry if it's already been shared upthread or elsewhere. I'm a newb and probably missed whatever original post you made sharing the Github link or other posting location of the paper)

Considering your derogatory comment to me upthread, do you think I am stupid enough to release my technology before it is launched so that EOS or Vitalik can copy it.

EDIT: I note you asked me about Urbit after that, so perhaps that prior comment was just joke. In any case, decided not to release the technology until after launch. We’re not preselling tokens to speculators and are not attempting to build a community of speculators to give us some speculation and capitalization market advantage, thus we must keep our technology closed until we have gained an insurmountable adoption advantage. Then we will open source everything. Users do not care about the technological details any way. Apologies if I am not really in the mood either for pleasantries in this thread.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:23:04 PM

do you think I am stupid enough to release my technology before it is launched

As I told you one and a half year ago, you aren't going to release  ANYTHING at all, EVER, we will all die of old age hearing only pompous talks about your "project".

We’re not preselling tokens to speculators and are not attempting to build a community of speculators to give us some speculation and capitalization market advantage,

Oh, really? That's why you were sending private messages to people in the forum asking for funds from "Accredited Investors"? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1904415.msg24070102#msg24070102 Aren't those below your own words?

Frankly I do not see what is the transgression with replying to people who had expressed some prior interest in being angel investors and who are accredited or if not who reside in countries that do not require investors to be accredited (yet should still be sophisticated).

Or you had in mind another scheme where a few holders control the whole supply in order to create a scam similar to NXT?

How much funds did you raise? Why you avoid to answer this?

Apologies if I am not really in the mood either for pleasantries in this thread.

Maybe this is a good thing afterall, I've seen you posting pictures of beheaded people when you were "in the mood" on another thread, it was the "bad" moderators that deleted them or it was you finally reallizing how stupid that was?  what is wrong with you dude?

key_z

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:41:09 PM

Considering your derogatory comment to me upthread, do you think I am stupid enough to release my technology before it is launched so that EOS or Vitalik can copy it.

EDIT: I note you asked me about Urbit after that, so perhaps that prior comment was just joke. In any case, decided not to release the technology until after launch. We’re not preselling tokens to speculators and are not attempting to build a community of speculators to give us some speculation and capitalization market advantage, thus we must keep our technology closed until we have gained an insurmountable adoption advantage. Then we will open source everything. Users do not care about the technological details any way. Apologies if I am not really in the mood either for pleasantries in this thread.

FWIW, the "Please don't" comment was indeed a complete joke, hence the smiley face.

As it relates to the Urbit question and the white paper question, they were both intended to be honest, face-value questions coming from a place of genuine interest.  That said, I respect your decision WRT to withholding information about your project until after launch. I'll look forward to reading the white paper at that time.

Carry on...

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
djsaints

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:18:47 AM

I wonder where all the hate is coming from.  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
zeeman

Activity: 598

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:16:43 AM

I wonder where all the hate is coming from.  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Same here. I wonder why the mods don't jump in. Anyway: Here's the EOS Community Forum. Still small but growing:

https://eosforum.org

Gives people another place to talk EOS next to the almost 11K Telegram group  Cheesy
daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:40:42 PM

Does anyone know if the eos storage tokens will be the same tokens as the eos blockchain tokens?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: