Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:19:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinWisdom.com - Live Bitcoin/LiteCoin Charts  (Read 502563 times)
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:16:40 PM

since yesterday, charts no longer working on my phone

tested browsers:
Firefox, Dolphin browser, Boat Browser

after approaching bitcoinwisdom for any trading platofmr (gox, bitstamp, etc) I'm getting a message " Loading scripts, it will take several seconds" and get frozen like this forever

I have the same  Angry
That's strange. It works properly in Chrome, Firefox here. Does it still happen?
If shows 'Loading scripts, it will take several seconds' means system has refreshed the script, it need download about 33K javascripts.

It still happens. Bitcoinwisdom.com loads bars on my computer (firefox) but not on my mobile phone (also firefox).

It used to load bars on my phone browser ever since I started using bitcoinwisdom. It stopped a few weeks ago. I leave the phone for tens of minutes and the browser says ''loading ...''.

It is not a big issue for me though. No need to hurry. But fixing / solving this would be appreciated  Smiley
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:55:28 PM

since yesterday, charts no longer working on my phone

tested browsers:
Firefox, Dolphin browser, Boat Browser

after approaching bitcoinwisdom for any trading platofmr (gox, bitstamp, etc) I'm getting a message " Loading scripts, it will take several seconds" and get frozen like this forever

I have the same  Angry
That's strange. It works properly in Chrome, Firefox here. Does it still happen?
If shows 'Loading scripts, it will take several seconds' means system has refreshed the script, it need download about 33K javascripts.

It still happens. Bitcoinwisdom.com loads bars on my computer (firefox) but not on my mobile phone (also firefox).

It used to load bars on my phone browser ever since I started using bitcoinwisdom. It stopped a few weeks ago. I leave the phone for tens of minutes and the browser says ''loading ...''.

It is not a big issue for me though. No need to hurry. But fixing / solving this would be appreciated  Smiley
I just tested Firefox and Opera on Android 4.1.2, both of them works.  The site uses HTML5, it should be work on most of modern browser.
Display "Loading...", then it must be have finished load scripts and is loading trades/orderbook. If net has issue, it will show load failed.
Then it maybe some incompatible code for some device. It's hard to solve it if I cannot repeat the issue.

Realtime Bitcoin/Litecoin Charts: BitcoinWisdom
Delarock

Activity: 388

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:01:48 PM

When I click and drag the chart to the left, there's a big dark open space to the right of the charts. Is there any way that you can display the time/date at the bottom without displaying the charts?
$1vEr.$urfer

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:59:13 AM

Any chance of getting a response to my post?

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who'd like to see this implemented?  Smiley

First of all - congratulations on the most impressive and without doubt the leading online application/site for bitcoin trading on this planet!

I cannot say enough good things about this app ... except that without it i doubt i'd be able to trade.

If there was one "improvement" or enhancement I could suggest though, that would be to address those miniscual "noise" bids/offers that traders make to push other serious bids/offers off of the visible view of 15 bids/offers. You know what I'm referring to?
I sometimes wish i could strangle whoever's pushing those stupid bids/offers!! Like my bid/offer - which would be considered a serious one ito volume - would be only a few cents, or even fraction of a cent below/above the "noise" - all of which have ridiculously small volumes of a small fraction of a litecoin or whatever, but they occur in successive intervals of 0.00001 cent! just there to piss people off and push the serious bids off of the screen realestate of 15 bids/offers...

My suggestion - instead of being helpless and wishing to strangle the "noise makes" - is to make there miniscual bids/offers disappear completely by having a checkbox for example with "show only bids/offers > 1", "show only bids/offers > 10 etc..
If a particular chechbox is checked, then you remove all bids/offers below that particular volume, and in this way only bids/offers of the relative minimum volume magnitude are shown.

I think this would be a wonderful enhancement to this already amazing app! And it would also go a long way in neutralising the sabotage attempts of those who attempt to "hog" the bid/offer view windows with their pathetically small volume noise.

Let's face it - if one wants to buy or sell 1000 litecoins - for example - you really DO NOT want to see consecutive bids/offers for 0.0001 ltc - 0.00001 cent apart - being shown and thereby hiding all the serious volumes on offer below that do you?

I know i certainly don't Wink
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:15:00 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but your 2H candlestick size uses uneven hours.
Not a big deal, but I would like it to be even hours!

Bitcoin Wisdom can I get a reply on the 2 hour candle issue?
I would just like to know if you are interested in fixing it.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
CoolStoryBro

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:27:14 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 12:45:04 PM by CoolStoryBro

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who'd like to see this implemented?  Smiley

actually, your post looks very similar to my own Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190722.msg4425999#msg4425999
that's quite funny sir

p.s. however I don't think this "noise" is made specially against you and to "hide" big bids. I think this "noise" is still kind of manipulation, which changing M1-M5 graphs for the purposes of big guys. Or it simply helps to understand latest bid/ask price, though I have no idea why they don't use orderbook from actual trading center.

how I understand this (correct me If I wrong):
there could be periods when there is literally no outstanding orders for 5-10$ ranges.
example:

there is buy order for 50 BTC at 820$
say, last price was 821$ so candle is at 821 currently
and then there is sell odder only at 832,77 for 1 BTC and no other sell orders below.

that way, when someone issue order "buy at market price" even as low as 0,0001 BTC, price will jump to 832,77 (huge candle in M1 graph).
then someone looks on M1 graph and think "holy shit, price just jumped on 12,77$ and I bought 30 BTC at price 821$. I want to close my order!"
and then when he closes the order, if there is no new orders appeared, order will be executed as 0.9999 BTC by price 832,77 and other 29 BTC by price 820$

am I correct?
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:09:48 PM

Great job, thanks!

The prices in the ask depth table at the upper right seem to be off by 1 step.  For example when they are

5000 475
  4950 320
  4900 112
  4850  24

presumably they should instead be

5050 475
  5000 320
  4950 112
  4900  24

The bid depth prices seem correct.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:02:53 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned before but your 2H candlestick size uses uneven hours.

I cannot find any advantage for even hours, so it won't be changed.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:13:14 PM

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who'd like to see this implemented?  Smiley

actually, your post looks very similar to my own Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190722.msg4425999#msg4425999
that's quite funny sir

p.s. however I don't think this "noise" is made specially against you and to "hide" big bids. I think this "noise" is still kind of manipulation, which changing M1-M5 graphs for the purposes of big guys. Or it simply helps to understand latest bid/ask price, though I have no idea why they don't use orderbook from actual trading center.

how I understand this (correct me If I wrong):
there could be periods when there is literally no outstanding orders for 5-10$ ranges.
example:

there is buy order for 50 BTC at 820$
say, last price was 821$ so candle is at 821 currently
and then there is sell odder only at 832,77 for 1 BTC and no other sell orders below.

that way, when someone issue order "buy at market price" even as low as 0,0001 BTC, price will jump to 832,77 (huge candle in M1 graph).
then someone looks on M1 graph and think "holy shit, price just jumped on 12,77$ and I bought 30 BTC at price 821$. I want to close my order!"
and then when he closes the order, if there is no new orders appeared, order will be executed as 0.9999 BTC by price 832,77 and other 29 BTC by price 820$

am I correct?
For standard candlestick, it is no care about the amount, if price reached then it should be displayed. if 0.0001 BTC make it reached that price, there must be no lower asks.
The chart you wanted must be median price line or VWAP line.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:15:18 PM

Great job, thanks!

The prices in the ask depth table at the upper right seem to be off by 1 step.  For example when they are

5000 475
  4950 320
  4900 112
  4850  24

presumably they should instead be

5050 475
  5000 320
  4950 112
  4900  24

The bid depth prices seem correct.
4850 means the sum amount of 4850 to 4899.999999

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:25:37 PM

When I click and drag the chart to the left, there's a big dark open space to the right of the charts. Is there any way that you can display the time/date at the bottom without displaying the charts?
What's the usage for that? Which I think is only work with draw line, get the accurate date for the price in future.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:27:09 PM

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who'd like to see this implemented?  Smiley

First of all - congratulations on the most impressive and without doubt the leading online application/site for bitcoin trading on this planet!

I cannot say enough good things about this app ... except that without it i doubt i'd be able to trade.

If there was one "improvement" or enhancement I could suggest though, that would be to address those miniscual "noise" bids/offers that traders make to push other serious bids/offers off of the visible view of 15 bids/offers. You know what I'm referring to?
I sometimes wish i could strangle whoever's pushing those stupid bids/offers!! Like my bid/offer - which would be considered a serious one ito volume - would be only a few cents, or even fraction of a cent below/above the "noise" - all of which have ridiculously small volumes of a small fraction of a litecoin or whatever, but they occur in successive intervals of 0.00001 cent! just there to piss people off and push the serious bids off of the screen realestate of 15 bids/offers...

My suggestion - instead of being helpless and wishing to strangle the "noise makes" - is to make there miniscual bids/offers disappear completely by having a checkbox for example with "show only bids/offers > 1", "show only bids/offers > 10 etc..
If a particular chechbox is checked, then you remove all bids/offers below that particular volume, and in this way only bids/offers of the relative minimum volume magnitude are shown.

I think this would be a wonderful enhancement to this already amazing app! And it would also go a long way in neutralising the sabotage attempts of those who attempt to "hog" the bid/offer view windows with their pathetically small volume noise.

Let's face it - if one wants to buy or sell 1000 litecoins - for example - you really DO NOT want to see consecutive bids/offers for 0.0001 ltc - 0.00001 cent apart - being shown and thereby hiding all the serious volumes on offer below that do you?

I know i certainly don't Wink
I think it is helpful too. the feature will be supported.

JorgeStolfi

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:06:07 PM

One disadvantage of the current setup is that the intervals shift with time.  Sometimes the 2h chart plot shows 12:00:00 to 13:59:59, sometimes it shows 13:00:00 to 14:59:59, depending on when one opens the chart.

This inconsistency makes it hard to discuss things like volume spikes, price drops, which market is the leader, etc.: I may see one large spike, the other guy reading my post may see two half-size ones.

So the suggestion is that the beginning of the intervals be always synchronized to a multiple of the time step, independently of the current time. That is, the intervals in the 1d chart should always start at 00:00, those on the 3h chart start at 00:00, 03:00, 06:00, etc., those on the 1w chart should start always on Sunday 00:00, and so on.

I have been assuming that the date and time shown on the summary line at upper left (or when selecting a candle with the crosshairs) is the start of the time interval in question.  Is it not?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:14:43 PM

One disadvantage of the current setup is that the intervals shift with time.  Sometimes the 2h chart plot shows 12:00:00 to 13:59:59, sometimes it shows 13:00:00 to 14:59:59, depending on when one opens the chart.

This inconsistency makes it hard to discuss things like volume spikes, price drops, which market is the leader, etc.: I may see one large spike, the other guy reading my post may see two half-size ones.

So the suggestion is that the beginning of the intervals be always synchronized to a multiple of the time step, independently of the current time. That is, the intervals in the 1d chart should always start at 00:00, those on the 3h chart start at 00:00, 03:00, 06:00, etc., those on the 1w chart should start always on Sunday 00:00, and so on.

I have been assuming that the date and time shown on the summary line at upper left (or when selecting a candle with the crosshairs) is the start of the time interval in question.  Is it not?
13 is not multiple of 2, it should not be existed with 12. What's your timezone and which market met that issue?
odd or even is base on timezone. if the timezone is 02:30, then there will be half hour, it cannot be fixed.

JorgeStolfi

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:49:51 PM

4850 means the sum amount of 4850 to 4899.999999
OK, would you then consider shifting the price column (for both bids and asks) down by half a line? That way it would be obvious what price range each volume entry refers to.

JorgeStolfi

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:54:29 PM

13 is not multiple of 2, it should not be existed with 12. What's your timezone and which market met that issue?
odd or even is base on timezone. if the timezone is 02:30, then there will be half hour, it cannot be fixed.
Oops, sorry, forget it.
I got confused because other charts that I have been loking at use UTC rather than local time, and I assumed your charts used it too. Stupid of me.

San1ty

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:27:32 PM

How about it makes more sense? And it impacts candlesticks, therefor impacts all your indicators.
I'd strongly suggest you provide an option where people can chose uneven or even hours.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:41:43 PM

How about it makes more sense? And it impacts candlesticks, therefor impacts all your indicators.
I'd strongly suggest you provide an option where people can chose uneven or even hours.
It's system limit. server only can return UTC data. and display in local time.

San1ty

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:49:33 PM

Oh yes I see, I'm sorry. Every local time will have either even or uneven candles.
Indeed impossible to fix unless you calculate the candles client-side, but that would kinda suck Smiley.

JorgeStolfi

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:10:47 PM

Hm, would you consider using UTC for display too?

Bitcoin price events and discussions are global in scope, not particularly related to the reader's locale.  It may be easier for everybody if everybody uses the same clock.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: