Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:35:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinWisdom.com - Live Bitcoin/LiteCoin Charts  (Read 502563 times)
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:28:24 PM

Trying to draw lines and can't, played with every setting there is, am I missing something here lol? I've drawn lines for over a month but today it won't work Sad Feel like a noob.
There is no draw lines related code changed and it works here both in Firefox and Chrome.

Realtime Bitcoin/Litecoin Charts: BitcoinWisdom
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

I'd say *now* we can take the mtgox charts out of btcwisdom Cheesy
Yes, I think so too.

Reddle

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:23:46 PM

CAVIRTEX recently added LTC/CAN (Canadian dollar)and LTC/BTC exchanges. Can these be added to the already existing CAVIRTEX BTC charts?
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:45:43 AM

Can you add Coinbase to the top?

Thanks, CrashX
bitcoinbravo

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:22:52 AM

MINTCOIN  -- any chance we can get MintCoin add to the charts ??-- lots of attention coming to this coin right now (dogecoin-like) with over 2k BTC Volume yesterday & over 1k BTC Volume today -- MintPal Exchange also seems to be giving Cryptsy a good run for the Alt-coin exchange space

Thanks
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 01:53:10 AM

MINTCOIN  -- any chance we can get MintCoin add to the charts ??-- lots of attention coming to this coin right now (dogecoin-like) with over 2k BTC Volume yesterday & over 1k BTC Volume today -- MintPal Exchange also seems to be giving Cryptsy a good run for the Alt-coin exchange space

Thanks
There are no altcoins with the exception of LTC/USD on bitcoinwisdom, and I highly doubt there will ever be.

As to the creator of this website, thank you so much for this. It's my go-to chart when I want to show people a chart of the price, and it also helped me understand EMA and other more technical things I didn't know about before.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:03:40 PM

@bitcoinwisdom

Could you please look one more time into bid/ask for Bitstamp?

I just found another site that shows historical data of bid/ask for bitstamp (http://coinsight.org/bitstamp), so there must be some way to do it.

I know you said already that the Bitstamp API doesn't give you the info directly, but somehow those other guys seemed to manage to extract the information somehow... and you've proven to be extremely competent, so I just hope you can get it to work as well.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:52:16 PM

@bitcoinwisdom

I just found another site that shows historical data of bid/ask for bitstamp (http://coinsight.org/bitstamp), so there must be some way to do it.

I know you said already that the Bitstamp API doesn't give you the info directly, but somehow those other guys seemed to manage to extract the information somehow... and you've proven to be extremely competent, so I just hope you can get it to work as well.
It isn't trade bid/ask ratio, it's orderbook(depth) bid/ask ratio. Maybe I confused before, do you mean orderbook bid/ask ratio or trade bid/ask?

oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:54:57 PM

@bitcoinwisdom

It isn't trade bid/ask ratio, it's orderbook(depth) bid/ask ratio. Maybe I confused before, do you mean orderbook bid/ask ratio or trade bid/ask?

order book!

damn, we talked about different things all the time, huh?

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:21:30 PM

@bitcoinwisdom

order book!

I see. I'm not familiar with this indicator.  If ask is 1 2 and bid 0.1 0.2, Is the sum bid / sum ask (0.1*0.2)/(2)=0.01 ?

FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:25:11 PM

Thanks
There are no altcoins with the exception of LTC/USD on bitcoinwisdom, and I highly doubt there will ever be.

As to the creator of this website, thank you so much for this. It's my go-to chart when I want to show people a chart of the price, and it also helped me understand EMA and other more technical things I didn't know about before.

There are several, in fact. They display most of the pairs traded on BTC-e (like PPC/USD and PPC/BTC), for example.

That said, Mintcoin does not probably achieve the minimum attention necessary for listing. If it does, community demand -- from people like bitcoinbravo -- will cause it to become listed.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:16:03 PM

There is a gap in the Bitstamp data, of about 8h, only in the 30m timeframe (not in any other that I could see).
It is around 11:30 AM GMT 26/02/2014. The previous 8h of data are missing, it seems.

Keep up the awesome work.
Refresh browser is needed when browser stop receiving data for long time.

oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:38:31 PM

@bitcoinwisdom

order book!

I see. I'm not familiar with this indicator.  If ask is 1 2 and bid 0.1 0.2, Is the sum bid / sum ask (0.1*0.2)/(2)=0.01 ?

To my knowledge, order book bid/ask ratio is calculated as: Total_Bid_Sum(USD)/Total_Ask_Sum(BTC).

For example, right now Bitstamp total order book BID is ~22 million USD, ASK is ~17000 BTC, so bid/ask is ~1294 USD/BTC.

There are then two ways to display this ratio over time:
(1) "raw", as calculated above, or
(2) "normalized" for the actual price at the same time as the ratio is calculated, example: currently, ratio is 1294 USD/BTC (as calculated above), current price is 585 USD/BTC, so normalized ratio is ~2.2 (dimensionless).

In my experience order book bid/ask ratio has to be used carefully, since the order book is obviously target for manipulation, but looking at how the ratio changes over time can be very useful to determine trend reversals.

Bitcoinreminder.com

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:34:40 PM

Hey.. Thanks for your great work!

I have one question: It would be nice to display always the hour on the chart... Not only on :30 or :0.. For me it would be easier to see on the first look.. Thanks..
grannd

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:26:40 PM

Is there a way I can use CAD with the Bitstamp chart? Apologies if this has been covered somewhere, but I'd like to view all the charts in CAD. I registered for the site but it wasn't an option.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:40:27 AM

@bitcoinwisdom

order book!

To my knowledge, order book bid/ask ratio is calculated as: Total_Bid_Sum(USD)/Total_Ask_Sum(BTC).

For example, right now Bitstamp total order book BID is ~22 million USD, ASK is ~17000 BTC, so bid/ask is ~1294 USD/BTC.

(2) "normalized" for the actual price at the same time as the ratio is calculated, example: currently, ratio is 1294 USD/BTC (as calculated above), current price is 585 USD/BTC, so normalized ratio is ~2.2 (dimensionless).

In my experience order book bid/ask ratio has to be used carefully, since the order book is obviously target for manipulation, but looking at how the ratio changes over time can be very useful to determine trend reversals.
Here are some problems to support this indicator.
The key problem is 'not all exchanges returns full orderbook'. So it only works in some exchangee. If limit the orderbook range, for example from -20% to 20%. I have no idea if the indicator is still valuable.
To implement this indicator will change a lot of the database structure and write much code for the server does not record the orderbook. So I have to ensure the indicator is really useful and worth to be implemented.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:42:43 AM

Hey.. Thanks for your great work!

I have one question: It would be nice to display always the hour on the chart... Not only on :30 or :0.. For me it would be easier to see on the first look.. Thanks..

I'm sorry, I cannot understand your question well. What is 'always the hour on the chart' and ':30' or ':0'?

anonim_user

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:01:29 AM

Hi,

I have a question and request maybe if its possible.
I draw a line today to calculate what trend is and I think that small pointer betwen time and the volumes (something like this square with candles or even smaller) would be great thing to have.

What do You think mr BitcoinWisdom? Smiley

and ofc thanks for beautiful and useful site you've done!
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:10:23 AM

Hello, is there any possibility that you can implement "ignore trades below xxx" for your great interface?
0.xxxx trades from bots are really annoying to see in trading activities and bid/ask table.

Thanks for reply, or ... implementing that Smiley

K.

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:17:54 PM

@bitcoinwisdom

order book!

Here are some problems to support this indicator.
The key problem is 'not all exchanges returns full orderbook'. So it only works in some exchangee. If limit the orderbook range, for example from -20% to 20%. I have no idea if the indicator is still valuable.
To implement this indicator will change a lot of the database structure and write much code for the server does not record the orderbook. So I have to ensure the indicator is really useful and worth to be implemented.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. There are two things you mention, right?

1) Problem: Not all exchanges return the entire order book. Solution: Work with what you get. Also, it seems that the currently most important exchange, Bitstamp, does return the full order book, right?

2) Problem: Too much data needed. Solution: Maybe I missed something, but you don't need to keep the order book data, no? Just calculate the ratio once, and keep that. Or did I misunderstand you?

I don't know what happens at the backend of your website, so maybe I underestimate the amount of code needed to make bid/ask work, but to me it seems that if you only store the bid/ask ratio value itself, not the order book data, it's not such a huge amount of data you need to handle... but maybe I'm wrong.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: