Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203079 times)
jambo110
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:05:58 PM

Current 24hr returns per Antminer L3+

Mined       Hosting      Total
0.0567  -  0.0039  =  0.0528  (approx $8    @ $146.51 per LTC)

Wink

Current 24hr return on an Antminer L3+

0.056  -  0.0048  =  0.0512

Mined      Hosting      Total
0.056   -   0.0005  =   0.0555     (I have excess tokens which are rented out, so my hosting fee is less)

Mined       Hosting      Total
0.0543  -  0.0031  =  0.0512  (/ $10.86    @ $212.11 per LTC) 

0.0518  -  0.003  =  0.0488

0.0526  -  0.0031  =  0.0495  (approx $10.16  @ $205.27 per LTC).

0.0513  -  0.003  =  0.0484  (approx $10.25  @ $211.73 per LTC).

0.0465  -  0.0025  =  0.044  (approx $8.33  @ $189.35 per LTC).

0.0395  -  0.0045  =  0.035  (approx $4.22  @ $120.50 per LTC).

0.0513  -  0.0039  =  0.0245  (approx $4.21 @ $171.91 per LTC).

0.0224  -  0.0053  =  0.0171  (approx $2.01 @ $117.88 per LTC).

0.0231  -  0.0068  =  0.0163  (approx $1.61 @ $99.14 per LTC).

0.0245  -  0.0085  =  0.0159 (approx $1.25 @ $78.95 per LTC).

0.0262  -  0.0113  =  0.0149 (approx $0.86 @ $56.10 per LTC).

0.03      - 0.0102  = 0.0198     (approx $1.32 @ $66.82 per LTC).

Mined         Hosting      Total
0.0289      - 0.0107  = 0.0182     (approx $1.11 @ $61.45 per LTC).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjosephs

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:31:46 AM

Crypto firm Giga Watt aims to retool after upheaval

http://www.ifiberone.com/columbia_basin/crypto-firm-giga-watt-aims-to-retool-after-upheaval/article_341615a0-c37f-11e8-8c4e-676d6611b1b5.html

EAST WENATCHEE — George Turner has a task on his hands: Turning around a $30 million blockchain project that’s losing money, laid off staff, lost its CEO, owes money to contractors, and faces a federal class action lawsuit

Giga Watt Inc., a massive host service for cryptocurrency miners, announced this week it had laid off 47 of its 63 staffers, amid liens from contractors amounting to more than $625,000. The collapse came after founder and CEO Dave Carlson spent years as Giga Watt’s public face promoting the promise of blockchain — the distributed computing system that makes cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin possible.

But as trouble loomed, Carlson departed in mid-August — so quietly that even employees weren’t aware of his decision for weeks. He remains head of the board of directors. Turner was named managing director.

“Giga Watt took on, really, the equivalent of one of Hercules’ own trials,” Turner says — namely, the construction of a privately owned substation that would have powered 22 buildings of high-capacity processing equipment with more than 30 megawatts of electricity. 

The plan couldn’t come together without agreement from Douglas County PUD and the Port of of Douglas County, and the substation had to be redesigned multiple times to meet standards. That put Giga Watt behind its ambitious construction and financial targets, Turner says, and layoffs became the best option.

Some staff asked to stay on voluntarily, Turner says, “because they believe in the vision. Where do you find people like that? It hurt to let those kind of people go.”

Giga Watt set itself up as a host service for crypto miners, selling equipment and computing power to  help them harvest value from Bitcoin and other blockchain assets. Its financing was tied up in crypto-based “tokens,” or shares, that it sold in a sale called an “Initial Coin Offering” last year.

Token value was based on hitting construction benchmarks, which have now passed unmet, alienating both clients and investors. Cryptocurrency values have also fallen generally since the ICO. Giga Watt settled a lawsuit from one token holder, but now faces a class action suit that could represent thousands of them, claiming the ICO ignored U.S. commerce laws.

“We promised certain target dates early on, before we or even the Port or the PUD really understood how complex this project was going to be,” Turner says. “… Was the ICO something we needed to do, was it a good idea, was it a mistake? And the answer was yeah, I think it was all of those things in some ways. We needed the funding, we wanted our clients and investors to be involved in the project, and we saw that as a way to make that happen.”

Giga Watt now hopes to retool — becoming na more traditional server farm, renting processor bandwidth for AI, CGI rendering and other applications. Cryptocurrency remains in the mix, though. In fact, some of Giga Watt’s processors are now hashing Bitcoin to help pay its debts.

“We’re fighting for this company. We’re fighting for our clients. We’re fighting to satisfy the debts we owe to our creditors. We’re fighting really for our own future, and the future of the employees that we had to lay off, most of whom had gotten to be like family to us.”

jambo110
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:24:40 PM

Somewhere to trade gigawatt tokens would generate funds.
d3nz

Activity: 1288
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:32:50 AM

What's happening on renting out on Giga-Watt since only 25% of my tokens are been used and this is happening since the day it started.

They are not updating thru email or on this thread.

It's not worth to invest in Giga-Watt.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:53:13 PM

Wondering if all this FUD is a good sign. Maybe I should go ham on some $WTT tokens. Super cheap right now.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:56:07 PM

Crypto firm Giga Watt aims to retool after upheaval

http://www.ifiberone.com/columbia_basin/crypto-firm-giga-watt-aims-to-retool-after-upheaval/article_341615a0-c37f-11e8-8c4e-676d6611b1b5.html

EAST WENATCHEE — George Turner has a task on his hands: Turning around a $30 million blockchain project that’s losing money, laid off staff, lost its CEO, owes money to contractors, and faces a federal class action lawsuit

Giga Watt Inc., a massive host service for cryptocurrency miners, announced this week it had laid off 47 of its 63 staffers, amid liens from contractors amounting to more than $625,000. The collapse came after founder and CEO Dave Carlson spent years as Giga Watt’s public face promoting the promise of blockchain — the distributed computing system that makes cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin possible.

But as trouble loomed, Carlson departed in mid-August — so quietly that even employees weren’t aware of his decision for weeks. He remains head of the board of directors. Turner was named managing director.

“Giga Watt took on, really, the equivalent of one of Hercules’ own trials,” Turner says — namely, the construction of a privately owned substation that would have powered 22 buildings of high-capacity processing equipment with more than 30 megawatts of electricity. 

The plan couldn’t come together without agreement from Douglas County PUD and the Port of of Douglas County, and the substation had to be redesigned multiple times to meet standards. That put Giga Watt behind its ambitious construction and financial targets, Turner says, and layoffs became the best option.

Some staff asked to stay on voluntarily, Turner says, “because they believe in the vision. Where do you find people like that? It hurt to let those kind of people go.”

Giga Watt set itself up as a host service for crypto miners, selling equipment and computing power to  help them harvest value from Bitcoin and other blockchain assets. Its financing was tied up in crypto-based “tokens,” or shares, that it sold in a sale called an “Initial Coin Offering” last year.

Token value was based on hitting construction benchmarks, which have now passed unmet, alienating both clients and investors. Cryptocurrency values have also fallen generally since the ICO. Giga Watt settled a lawsuit from one token holder, but now faces a class action suit that could represent thousands of them, claiming the ICO ignored U.S. commerce laws.

“We promised certain target dates early on, before we or even the Port or the PUD really understood how complex this project was going to be,” Turner says. “… Was the ICO something we needed to do, was it a good idea, was it a mistake? And the answer was yeah, I think it was all of those things in some ways. We needed the funding, we wanted our clients and investors to be involved in the project, and we saw that as a way to make that happen.”

Giga Watt now hopes to retool — becoming na more traditional server farm, renting processor bandwidth for AI, CGI rendering and other applications. Cryptocurrency remains in the mix, though. In fact, some of Giga Watt’s processors are now hashing Bitcoin to help pay its debts.

“We’re fighting for this company. We’re fighting for our clients. We’re fighting to satisfy the debts we owe to our creditors. We’re fighting really for our own future, and the future of the employees that we had to lay off, most of whom had gotten to be like family to us.”

I'm sure that the staff that stayed voluntarily has some rigs running on $WTT tokens and are mining crypto as we speak.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
GamEth

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 01:02:34 PM

Since this email

Dear Customer,

This letter is to inform you all of the temporary changes we are making to the Watt Token program.  In order to keep the company functioning and satisfy our creditors, Giga Watt is increasing maintenance fees from $0.005 to $0.032, effective today.  We will use this extra income to pay corporate debts and push forward with the projects which will enable us to satisfy all our customers. 

We cannot simply raise the cost of hosting plans, as it would render all mining unprofitable, while mining at $0.06 will still yield profits.

We reserve the right to keep this new rate in place for up to 12 months, but will make every effort to shorten the duration of this change.  As promised, all of our clients will receive regular updates on our progress, so that you can see how these resources are being used.

Regards,

George Turner
Managing Director,
Giga Watt, Inc.

My rented tokens double Wink !
chip1982

Activity: 204
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:14:02 PM

Official Giga Watt announcement by their newsletter:

Dear Customer,

This letter is to inform you all of the temporary changes we are making to the Watt Token program.  In order to keep the company functioning and satisfy our creditors, Giga Watt is increasing maintenance fees from $0.005 to $0.032, effective today.  We will use this extra income to pay corporate debts and push forward with the projects which will enable us to satisfy all our customers.  

We cannot simply raise the cost of hosting plans, as it would render all mining unprofitable, while mining at $0.06 will still yield profits.

We reserve the right to keep this new rate in place for up to 12 months, but will make every effort to shorten the duration of this change.  As promised, all of our clients will receive regular updates on our progress, so that you can see how these resources are being used.

Regards,

George Turner
Managing Director,
Giga Watt, Inc.

Nobody likes this for sure but it is the right decision. We won't get power till the contractors are paid and nobody is willing to dump more money into this. So if I have the choice of losing everything or giving Giga Watt another free lunch on my invested value position I choose the latter.

Of course they need to get this power issue done. And I also want to see investors in the Giga Watt company having their share of the burden.
chip1982

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:18:11 PM

LOL mine also doubled. Unfortunately I have too many tokens now rented out for it to be true. It might be a dashboard bug.....we had so many of them.
chip1982

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:27:27 PM

Giga Watt Restructuring and Policy Changes

https://medium.com/@gigawatt/giga-watt-restructuring-and-policy-changes-e8cc05a309d9
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:35:01 PM

Official Giga Watt announcement by their newsletter:

Dear Customer,

....We will use this extra income to pay corporate debts party and push forward with the projects which will enable us to satisfy screw over all our customers.  

...waiting 1+ year for Giga-watt to enable MY rigs.

GamEth

Activity: 46

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 04:33:10 PM

LOL mine also doubled. Unfortunately I have too many tokens now rented out for it to be true. It might be a dashboard bug.....we had so many of them.

Yeah, back to normal...
thinktankideaists

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:21:44 PM

Has anyone used everbloom to buy WTT?  How do I get them from Everbloom to my GigaWatt wallet?  When I entered the WTT contract number into MetaMask it doesn’t come up...
jambo110
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:50:27 PM

Has anyone used everbloom to buy WTT?  How do I get them from Everbloom to my GigaWatt wallet?  When I entered the WTT contract number into MetaMask it doesn’t come up...
I dont think there is a market for them, be careful with some exchanges still offering their version of the token (IOU) as you wont be able to withdraw them.
HodlFroever

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:48:40 PM

You can buy/sell them on IDEX or Forkdelta. Just bought some on IDEX, withdrew them and am renting them on Gigawatt just fine.
thinktankideaists

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:39:03 PM

You can buy/sell them on IDEX or Forkdelta. Just bought some on IDEX, withdrew them and am renting them on Gigawatt just fine.

I should have just gone to forkdelta tbh... however I have them now all I want to do is move them to my MetaMask but it’s not allowing it... Everbloom only allows withdrawing via MetaMask...  Have you ever moved WTT to a MetaMask??
jambo110
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:41:19 PM

Has anyone used everbloom to buy WTT?  How do I get them from Everbloom to my GigaWatt wallet?  When I entered the WTT contract number into MetaMask it doesn’t come up...
Thanks  "HodlFroever"

https://idex.market/eth/wtt

https://forkdelta.app/#!/trade/WTT-ETH

guzman

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 07:38:46 PM

Best listing offer in exchanger like Binance.

WE DECIDE TO LIST 100 COIN/TOKEN FREE OF CHARGES
All user can recommend us best coin/TOKEN for listing.
If you are interested you can pm me or send email to: support@tradekainos.com.

Feature .

1. Support high concurrency

2. Ten million transaction per second.

3. Sign up with mobile and email.

4. Trader level :VIP Level-1 to VIP Level-6 (no trade fees for VIP Level-6)

5. Free market making option.

jambo110
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 09:49:28 PM

Best listing offer in exchanger like Binance.

WE DECIDE TO LIST 100 COIN/TOKEN FREE OF CHARGES
All user can recommend us best coin/TOKEN for listing.
If you are interested you can pm me or send email to: support@tradekainos.com.

Feature .

1. Support high concurrency

2. Ten million transaction per second.

3. Sign up with mobile and email.

4. Trader level :VIP Level-1 to VIP Level-6 (no trade fees for VIP Level-6)

5. Free market making option.

LOL  Haha,  Do one !
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:16:16 PM

where do I sell this crap? the coin is useless the "hosting" is a scam, I guess soon it will be a class lawsuit against this company in US.

BTW, just saw this one:
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-mining-ico-giga-watt-sued-securities-fraud/
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: