Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:56:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I cancel my BFL 4/2/2013 Order?  (Read 7826 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:01:54 AM

Want to see something really sad?

This is what BFL introduced at CES 2013...at about January or February 2013...some 3 or 4 months after customers were supposed to get their devices.

THIS IS NO JOKE!

What? You don't believe me do you? Okay, here is a video I found in about five seconds on Youtube showing the case of fans at CES (with cover on).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujl-_F7D724

Guess what? Yeah, I pulled up the video in Youtube by these search terms: "CES Box of Fans"

Yes, I am not kidding...go try it out yourself.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:06:56 AM

Want a shortcut?
Sure follow the link:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=BFL+CES&oq=BFL+CES
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:08:18 AM

Want to see something really sad?
This is what BFL introduced at CES 2013...at about January or February 2013...some 3 or 4 months after customers were supposed to get their devices.
THIS IS NO JOKE!

That is indeed sad and embarrassing  Undecided But I guess when you inherently have no concept of shame...

At least Josh did recently admit that their ceasing production of FPGA units was a mistake in retrospect - Smartest thing the man has said this year so far.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:10:24 AM

Is it me or are Smoothie and Puerto Libre's ignore icon's getting LESS yellow in inverse proportion to the number of days and weeks BFL fails to ship?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:50:44 AM

This is best Josh and BFL box of fans video yet; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SnUObMd0o

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 08:06:42 AM

Notice what Josh has in his hands. Even though we can't see it, you probably can safely assume it's a quarter for Bryan, accompanied with a well-rehearsed line involving a clue. I believe Josh got the entire idea from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFH4DszUj2A

Pay special attention to ~1:24.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:11:12 PM

I skimmed,

I don't think I have ever posted in that section. All I saw was a wrenchmonkey getting bent over a table by other community members about his comments in support of BFL.

I guess blowing smoke is all you have left. Kinda sad....
The sadness is on you, man> BFL's empty box was obviously a joke, you on the other hand:
Don't worry Puerto you will eventually get your Avalon once they start building them.
Now they have the funds from batch #2 to pay for them it shouldn't be too long now..........

I think everyone is waiting for this kind of notice! Grin
Besides, what's with the advertising for BFL through your sig?
"I think it's fair to warn everybody reading here that MORE PREORDERS should be placed until they are READY to.. etc"?? More pre-orders should be placed?

Come on, only 38 out of your last 40 posts are about BFL, you can do better.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:02:40 PM

"I think it's fair to warn everybody reading here that MORE PREORDERS should be placed until they are READY to.. etc"?? More pre-orders should be placed?

How can you be willing to be so ignorant?  I know sarcasm generally has a hard time being communicated over the internet, but that sig just screamed it.

Also, people aren't allowed to talk about the negative aspects of BFL in BFL forums, unless they get banned or punished.  So it happens here, for anyone wondering about BFL's connection to bitcoin.

Like nature intended.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 06:34:00 PM

Well I got banned from butterfly forums
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208466.0

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:11:58 PM

Well I got banned from butterfly forums
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208466.0

We should start a club !
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:45:40 PM

I skimmed,

I don't think I have ever posted in that section. All I saw was a wrenchmonkey getting bent over a table by other community members about his comments in support of BFL.

I guess blowing smoke is all you have left. Kinda sad....
The sadness is on you, man> BFL's empty box was obviously a joke, you on the other hand:
Don't worry Puerto you will eventually get your Avalon once they start building them.
Now they have the funds from batch #2 to pay for them it shouldn't be too long now..........

I think everyone is waiting for this kind of notice! Grin

That was a clipping from JGarziks DHL tracking number. I couldn't post all of it because it has his info on it.

So when I said everyone is waiting for this, yeah, everyone is. If you all interpreted in some twisted way then please seek a psychiatrist or local psychoanalyst.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:53:14 PM

Now I finally do understand what you guys thought. That Avalon had shipped mine at that time? Strange idea but okay.

--------------------------

Alright, Slok,

Lets go with your twisted perception of what my post meant. How would your perception of my action be any different than BFL shipping a handful of prototype units to reviewers and non-customers while stating they are starting shipping? (just after they admit that Paypal is waving a proverbial threatening stick at them for not having shipped)

Making two blog posts on their forum that they have "shipped out units" and then...stating they won't be bothering to continue stating how many are going out each day. (Just when the number of prototypes ran out!)

Tell me...there is no false pretense being weaved...please say it to me....

Can you explain to me which is the bigger fraud? My posting of a part of JGarziks DHL notice and saying everyone is waiting to see this kind of notice. Or BFL shipping a few prototypes to some people who hadn't even ordered them just to make it seem like they have something to ship...or make appearances that they are about to ship en masse....only to then stop for well close to a month when they ran out of protoypes? (35 units)

Tell me, which is far more deceptive?

Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:56:38 PM

Now I finally do understand what you guys thought. That Avalon had shipped mine at that time? Strange idea but okay.

Alright, Slok,

Lets go with your twisted perception of what my post meant. How would your perception of my action be any different than BFL shipping a handful of prototype units to reviewers and non-customers while stating they are starting shipping? (just after they admit that Paypal is waving a threatening stick at them for not having shipped)

Making two blog posts on their forum that they have "shipped out units" and then...stating they won't be bothering to continue stating how many are going out each day. (Just when the number of prototypes ran out!)

Telly me there is no false pretense being weaved...please say it to me....

Can you explain to me which is the bigger fraud? My posting of a part of JGarziks DHL notice and saying everyone is waiting to see this kind of notice. Or BFL shipping a few prototypes to some people who hadn't even ordered them just to make it seem like they have something to ship...or make appearances that they are about to ship en masse....only to then stop for well close to a month when they ran out of protoypes?

Mining with a customer's ASIC is more deceptive.  By a long shot.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141154.msg2175901#msg2175901
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:59:01 PM

Alright, Slok,

Lets go with your twisted perception of what my post meant. How would your perception of my action be any different than BFL shipping a handful of prototype units to reviewers and non-customers while stating they are starting shipping? (just after they admit that Paypal is waving a threatening stick at them for not having shipped)

Can you explain to me which is the bigger fraud? My posting of a part of JGarziks DHL notice and saying everyone is waiting to see this kind of notice. Or BFL shipping a few prototypes to some people who hadn't even ordered them just to make it seem like they have something to ship...or make appearances that they are about to ship en masse....only to then stop for well close to a month when they ran out of protoypes?

Are you aware that all units are tested prior to shipment? You can't make the leap that they have been tested on mainnet simply because the unit is filled with dust. It's a long extension even for a shill from BFL.

His was damaged and he definitely needs a replacement, ASAP.
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Alright, Slok,

Are you aware that all units are tested prior to shipment? You can't make the leap that they have been tested on mainnet simply because the unit is filled with dust. It's a long extension even for a shill from BFL.

Weren't they supposed to be delivered with the innards covered also?

It looks like an intercept and someone having fun with it to me... and then bad packaging which led to destruction...
Henchman24

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:29:18 PM

Where are they doing this testing, the local rock quarry?   Cheesy

That is weeks worth of dust.

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:12:13 PM

Who cares if avalon tested on the main chain. They are giving you a magic money machine. It's like getting mad at the lotto for winning 550 mill but having to pay half for lump sum then another half for taxes. You still getting more than you put in(eventually). People really need to change their expectations for asic companies.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:52:39 PM

http://s21.postimg.org/h2pga4yxi/005.jpg

Actually, that is one week's worth of dust on my equipment if I leave my back garage door open for ventilation during the day. I go through a can of compressed air a month trying to keep my rigs clean (dust makes them run hotter).

They are not in a rock quarry. They are someplace much worse.

Air quality in China is notoriously poor.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Henchman24

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:17:10 PM

http://s21.postimg.org/h2pga4yxi/005.jpg

Actually, that is one week's worth of dust on my equipment if I leave my back garage door open for ventilation during the day. I go through a can of compressed air a month trying to keep my rigs clean (dust makes them run hotter).

They are not in a rock quarry. They are someplace much worse.

Air quality in China is notoriously poor.

Then wouldn't they ALL look like that then?
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:26:47 PM

Who cares if avalon tested on the main chain. They are giving you a magic money machine. It's like getting mad at the lotto for winning 550 mill but having to pay half for lump sum then another half for taxes. You still getting more than you put in(eventually). People really need to change their expectations for asic companies.

Honestly I would prefer if they tested on the main chain for two reasons, firstly it's a more accurate test, after all that's how the unit is intended to be run, secondly if they make a bit more cash flow from it they have a healthier business.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: