Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:12:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So Bitcoin is better than Gold?  (Read 53395 times)
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:55:14 PM

So Bitcoin is better than Gold? Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is better than Gold in many aspect. First is the portability. You cannot easily transport a bag of gold that is worth $1M compared to $1M worth of Bitcoin. Bitcoin can go from place to place with just a push of a button unlike golds where you have to carry loads of them. Next is divisibility, you cannot divide gold easily but Bitcoin can be divided into 100M satoshi. Security. Bitcoin is much secured than Gold. Thief can easily snatch the gold out of your hand while Bitcoins are encrypted with private keys. There are many more aspect but these are the top ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:23:17 PM

Wake me up when you can transfer $1 billion worth of gold for $2 in ~10 minutes from any to any location of the world. Roll Eyes

[im g]http://www.dugcampbell.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Traits-of-Money.png[/img]

[im g width=1200]https://getabitcoin.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/goldvsbitcoinvsdollar.png[/img]

This is a great post!! I was going to come on here and be like - "I like this debate of gold vs. bitcoin, but bitcoin is finite and increases its volume at a decreasing rate. Two characteristics that gold does not have." <-- relevant points I know, but a picture says a thousand words. Well done Smiley
I enjoyed the picture also. Bitcoin is finite so is the gold. Why I vote bitcoins against gold is the rate at which its price fluctuates. The price tends to increase more than decrease. It excites me and keeps me in the business. Also, gold is not decentralized nor his owners are anonymous.
Metoo.14

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:15:40 PM

It may be better than gold, but the future may not be as good as gold. Gold is jewelry that does not have to compete with anything but BTC have to compete with many altcoin. So can not be anything at the present time.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:05:01 PM

As of today, YES it is better than gold. However, bitcoin is not stable and will not last forever, gold has a stable increase and bitcoin is very volatile. But considering the price, bitcoin had already beaten gold and might even go higher. It is better to invest in bitcoin today than investing on gold. The volatility of bitcoin can be of great use especially for traders.
bangjoe

Activity: 1428
Merit: 689

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:46:13 PM

As of today, YES it is better than gold. However, bitcoin is not stable and will not last forever, gold has a stable increase and bitcoin is very volatile. But considering the price, bitcoin had already beaten gold and might even go higher. It is better to invest in bitcoin today than investing on gold. The volatility of bitcoin can be of great use especially for traders.

Currently bitcoin is unstable, but opinions about bitcoin will not last forever is wrong, if bitcoin is destroyed then all altcoin will follow, in my opinion, bitcoin is the only universal currency that survives in the future because everything has been closed digitally. The potential and complexity level of Bitcoin is far away from gold, and risk understanding is the main force of community to continue to be optimistic with bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 04:13:26 PM

You can't send payment with gold in under an hour like you can with bitcoin, well you can but you have to ship it and it will take weeks.  Roll Eyes
One of the many advantages. Plus gold is so oldschool. This is 2017 not the 1600's.

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:43:31 PM

Bitcoin is computerized.noone can take it from you.and the price of bitcoin is so high.The other hand, gold is physical. it can not be used for any perpose of any time.people can take it from you.so,i think bitcoin is better than gold.
I bet hackers can take it from us if we have not taken some necessary steps in order to secure our wallets. It is very easy to secure your wallets. Bitcoin do not play with the safety of its holder’s life by keeping him anonymous while gold poses a great threat to its owner. Also, gold cannot be used as a currency like bitcoins and it’s not even decentralized. The price rises at a very slow rate.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 04:51:50 PM

It's fair to say that not only is bitcoin hitting record highs, but the market is extremely volatile. Many people have made speculative investments in the currency, with no upper limit to the price of a "coin" in sight. This is not the same on regulated markets, exchange or Gold.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:02:15 PM

Well, I think bitcoin is better than gold and as of now the price of bitcoin become more expensive. In addition to that, the price of bitcoin is stil not stable but I think the price of bitcoin will increase in the future and it will survive in the future like gold. Lastly, I guess both of them has advantages and disadvantages.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:05:02 PM

I think yes. Because in this generation, Bitcoin is a precious asset. By this, we can transection in over the world. The price of it will increase till our planet alive. The market price of bitcoin is more large than gold. So obviously we can say that Bitcoin is better than gold.
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:09:34 PM

Bitcoin obviously has a lot of different properties than gold, and is in many ways better than gold.

Or, at the very least, you could say it's similar to gold (in terms of value).

Perhaps someday, in the not so distant future, people will be happy to get a few mBTC to store their family's wealth.

Is it true ? I think people are still more confident in gold. although its use is still less efficient than bitcoin. gold is one very good asset to store wealth, even the government also better suggest gold.

Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:29:16 PM

Bitcoin obviously has a lot of different properties than gold, and is in many ways better than gold.

Or, at the very least, you could say it's similar to gold (in terms of value).

Perhaps someday, in the not so distant future, people will be happy to get a few mBTC to store their family's wealth.

Is it true ? I think people are still more confident in gold. although its use is still less efficient than bitcoin. gold is one very good asset to store wealth, even the government also better suggest gold.

I don't see the need for the comparisons  here, they both have their pros and cons and Bitcoin is slightly having an edge because it's an online currency and can do more than gold but gold is tangible and can be safely kept than bitcoins which need internet before you can access them
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:39:04 PM

Yes right, it seems for now bitcoin is better than gold, I can say so because bitcoin gain rate is very good than gold. I've never gained 10% profit in a month when keep gold, but I can get a profit of up to 20% in just a week with bitcoin.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:37:53 AM

Bitcoin is computerized.noone can take it from you.and the price of bitcoin is so high.The other hand, gold is physical. it can not be used for any perpose of any time.people can take it from you.so,i think bitcoin is better than gold.
Bitcoin is better than gold from the thief but bitcoin is not safe for the hacker if they hack the system you money will be taken by them that is the worst thing in online.
Also bitcoin is much higher risk investment than gold that is why for me bitcoin needs to proved more before it dominates the gold.
Bitcoin is a lot easier to secure than gold, you need to hide your gold very well in your home and never forget it or you need to hire expensive services to store your gold, to store bitcoin you only need a piece of paper in the form of a paper wallet and you are good to go.
cramblimp

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:41:35 AM

For me, when I entered the world of bitcoin, I realized that bitcoin is much better than gold. Bitcoin is can earn from internet like online job that they will pay you in bitcoin as your salary.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:14:13 AM

Yes right, it seems for now bitcoin is better than gold, I can say so because bitcoin gain rate is very good than gold. I've never gained 10% profit in a month when keep gold, but I can get a profit of up to 20% in just a week with bitcoin.
For  now bitcoin is better than gold as an investment, also bitcoin is can not be counterfeited so there is no imitation of bitcoin but there is imitationof gold.  The  volatility of bitcoin can give a lot of profit to the traders. But gold is not so bad it is really beautiful metal and all people in the world love it, so I can not decide which one is better between bitcoin and gold.
haji lulung

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:20:06 AM

I think yes bitcoin is better than gold now. The value of bitcoin is often raise up than gold. The value of gold is stable relative. So, for investment bitcoin is much better than gold.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:32:24 AM

As much as I love and believe in Bitcoin only an idiot would put it on the same long term category as Gold. In a thousand years if we still have an earth we will have gold. No one can.say that about bitcoin after only a few years. At the moment they serve similar but differing needs as protection as a hedge agaimt a crumbling fiat system. The best thing about bitcoin is at least it reflects what gold is susposed to reflect now gold has been rehypothecated to hell. They are in the end a bit like the UK and America, seperated by a common language as the saying goes. ie they seem similar but actually are very different.

Own both...and stop this childish polarised thinking. Its fuvking TMZ milenial. Whats the next thread...10.things why we love bitcoin...or Watch Bitcoin totally own racist twitter response from Gold. Ffs
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:36:35 AM

You could say that, bitcoin is now better than gold. Many say because bitcoin value is much better than gold, I personally rate bitcoin is very good bitcoin movement is quite challenging, I think gold investors will definitely switch to bitcoin.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
sukron

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:41:26 AM

bitcoin is better than gold because 1 btc has reached 4, 373, 3 usd for gold only 50 usd Better than gold in business point of view because if you will exchange bitcoin you will get better profit than gold. But gold is safe and risk-free than bitcoin, bitcoin involves some risks but can yield good returns as well
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: