Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:04:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotesEDU

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 01:14:26 AM

Key Points : How Normal People Get Involved in Cryptocurrency

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/key-points-how-normal-people-get-involved-in-cryptocurrency/

That is a great article. I'm going to share it. Earning one's way into cryptocurrencies is largely how I did it for myself Smiley

Thank you Wiser, it's quite inspirational hearing from people who are self made in cryptocurrency!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:48:21 AM

Key Points : How Normal People Get Involved in Cryptocurrency

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/key-points-how-normal-people-get-involved-in-cryptocurrency/

That is a great article. I'm going to share it. Earning one's way into cryptocurrencies is largely how I did it for myself Smiley

Thank you Wiser, it's quite inspirational hearing from people who are self made in cryptocurrency!

Then I could tell lots of stories. It seems to me the most sensible way to go about it. But of course, to pull it off, you have to view the whole thing as an industry, not a speculator's playground or get rich quick scheme.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:51:23 AM

Gold-Seller APMEX Now Accepts Bitcoin

https://dcebrief.com/gold-seller-apmex-now-accepts-bitcoin/
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:25:59 AM

Key Points: How Normal People Get Involved in Cryptocurrency

That is a fantastic article. I am proud of our team.

If DNotes were to be truly successful we must genuinely want to include and help those who can least afford to get started. And we know that is not the top 2% who often claimed that they want to change the world but done little to help the 2.5 billion people that are left out of the financial service systems.

We are at the infancy of a major technology revolution. This is a generational opportunity that no one should be left behind. Let us continue to share what we know and get the words out. When many are successful because of our efforts, DNotes will be successful too. Excellent job DNotesEDU!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:52:15 AM

Did quite a bit of recording the last couple days for the Four Pillars book video series. We are now recorded up to Chapter 12, it may take a bit to get them all up.

Chapter 7 - Organizational Structure and Process

Great work on this, the Four Pillars video library is really coming together. In a few years many new entrepreneurs will be very thankful that they got the opportunity to receive all this crucial information for free.

It is amazing how much we have already accomplished. This has been made possible because of the strong support that I have been getting from a rather large team. Let us take another look at the "Acknowledgement" directly from the book:

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Over the course of my time on this Earth, I have discovered that there are only a few things in life that I am really passionate about. Chief among those things are gardening, cooking, and business. My love for the soil led me to spend seven years helping to build Smokeys Daylily gardens into one of the largest daylily growers in the world. I’d also long dreamed of writing a cookbook so that my grandchildren might one day be able to recreate many of grandpa’s dishes that they so loved in their childhood years. That has yet to happen, largely because I am mindful of the tremendous commitment in time and effort that such an endeavor would entail.

That third passion is the one that brings us to these pages today. My forty years of business experience have been filled with intermittent suggestions from others that I write a book like this. And it is probably something that I should have done before now, but – just as with my earlier plan to write a cookbook – I recognized that I would need to make a substantial commitment if I was to produce the sort of business book that could actually be of service to entrepreneurs.

Oddly enough (and as so often happens with these things), it was my involvement in another business endeavor that lit a fire under me to finally get to work on this project. It started about a year after I founded DNotes – a Bitcoin alternative digital currency, in an industry that is perhaps best known for its lack of central control and sound leadership. I had convinced the DNotes team that the best strategy for us to be successful on a long-term basis was to manage DNotes as a business without actually controlling it as one.

My belief was that this approach would enable DNotes to maintain the vital characteristic of remaining decentralized. At the same time, we focused on developing our centralized ecosystem while providing leadership guidance to our community and DNotes. I ended up utilizing every bit of my business experience and leadership skills and built a couple of awesome online communities that eventually became instrumental in making the writing of this book possible.

This has been an amazing experience of teamwork and collaboration in a global setting. I am most grateful to the DNotes and CryptoMoms communities for their encouragement and support. I am particularly indebted to Theodore (Joe) Hauenstein and Kevin DeLucenay for their endless support and encouragement. Joe, in particular, has made significant contributions to make the publishing of this book possible. I am most grateful to the DCEBrief’s team led by Ken Chase, along with Cindy Williamson, Marc Fortenberry, Chris Cooper, and Timothy Goggin; providing me with great research and editing support. Timothy has been most helpful in narrating the DNotes story with editing help from Fernanda Powers, who also contributed to the writing of the Smokeys Gardens’ story.  Additionally, I like to express my thanks and appreciation to Robert, Brandon, Mark, Nele, and many others who assisted in different ways to make the publishing of this book a success.

I am most grateful to everyone who has generously supported my Kickstarter campaign for the launching of this book project. I trust that it will go a long way to help this book realize its goal of being a helpful resource for small business owners and those who are thinking about starting new businesses.

Above all, I am deeply indebted to my family - and most especially my dear wife Lucy for her love, encouragement, and support to see me through.

I am eternally grateful to all who have taught me well, including George Williams College, and Northern Illinois University where I earned my MBA over forty years ago.

This book is dedicated to small business owners worldwide. May you all find the success you seek, and see all your dreams come true.

With best wishes and kind regards,

Alan Yong
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:33:38 PM

Check out the new infographic on DNotesEDU  -  https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/bitcoin-2017-a-year-in-review/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:30:39 PM

Check out the new infographic on DNotesEDU  -  https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/bitcoin-2017-a-year-in-review/

Nicely done guys! Very interesting to see the comparison from year to year, it gained a lot of traction this year.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:27:14 PM

Nicely done guys! Very interesting to see the comparison from year to year, it gained a lot of traction this year.

You made it so easy to understand that something big must be going on. Yes, we are witnessing a massive technology revolution that has been going on since 2009 when Bitcoin was born.

This is a generational opportunity. The DNotes train is about to leave the station. We want to make DNotes accessible to anyone worldwide. Learn more and help us spread the message: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:43:19 PM

Everyone at DNotesEDU is keeping busy.  Wink

New post:

What are Bitcoin Futures?

In case you thought the whole concept of bitcoin was already too difficult to grasp for the average person, it is about to make friends with traditional financial products that very few people understand. Cboe Global Markets will be launching bitcoin futures trading later today, followed by CME Group Inc (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) also in December, and Nasdaq later in 2018. The move is certain to bring institutional investors into bitcoin, but whether or not it will bring the predicted stability to the market remains to be seen. Is adding leverage to an already volatile (unstable) market really going to help stabilize it? We are about to find out.

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/what-are-bitcoin-futures/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:06:48 PM

New post:

In case you thought the whole concept of bitcoin was already too difficult to grasp for the average person, it is about to make friends with traditional financial products that very few people understand. Cboe Global Markets will be launching bitcoin futures trading later today, followed by CME Group Inc (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) also in December, and Nasdaq later in 2018. The move is certain to bring institutional investors into bitcoin, but whether or not it will bring the predicted stability to the market remains to be seen. Is adding leverage to an already volatile (unstable) market really going to help stabilize it? We are about to find out.

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Bitcoin futures and to see what happens in the markets when bitcoin bears can finally put their money where their mouths are against those who hold more bullish outlooks.

It is reasonable to expect that the Bitcoin price will largely be influenced by the futures markets, and the manipulation therein contained. People that bet on these markets will also not be purchasing the physical underlying asset when they make their bets, which in a sense challenges the notion of 21 million coins giving bitcoin a deflationary nature (fewer can be sold, which puts upwards pressure on price), because Bitcoin's market price will then be decided by a near limitless number of 'coins' worth of futures contracts.

I just read before the article here, which had an interesting near-identical overlay of the Bitcoin price against that of Gold through the 70s, and showed the effect futures had on the Gold markets for anybody who is interested:

https://medium.com/@ImagineTraffic/will-the-futures-market-do-to-bitcoin-what-it-did-to-gold-b7d35704641

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 10:18:03 PM

New post:

Very busy indeed, great job guys!

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:19:30 AM

Thanks for the informative articles. I especially enjoyed looking over the infographic from DNotesEDU.

Here's a fun one: CryptoKitties is taking the Ethereum network by storm: https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryptokitties-sales-hit-12-million-could-be-ethereums-killer-app-after-all

I looked over the CryptoKitties website and read pretty much everything except the white paper. Although you have to put some real money into it, it actually has a lot of educational value. It's a fun way to learn how the block chain and smart contracts work. I'm actually considering getting my older kids some ether and letting them have at it.

I hope gamification is part of DNotes' plan. It's just fun. And it can be a fun way to learn the ropes too if the game is done right.
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:20:39 AM

Looks like pool issues again tonight....

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:29:23 AM

UK Spy Agency Tasked with Review of Bitcoin Risk

https://dcebrief.com/uk-spy-agency-tasked-with-review-of-bitcoin-risk/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 03:04:53 PM

Just got in touch, apparently he has seen an increase of issues lately and investigating potential server issues. Not just the pool server, but other servers he has running as well. Right now it appears to mining ok, but the cron that is reporting the information, like findblocks is stuck or catching up.

Denver Dan

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:02:01 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/explained/how-to-make-blockchain-projects-and-icos-appealing-to-traditional-investors-explained

It looks like the Cointelegraph is writing the simple preface to the DNotes story.  We could add a whole book behind this...oh wait...
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:56:43 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/explained/how-to-make-blockchain-projects-and-icos-appealing-to-traditional-investors-explained

It looks like the Cointelegraph is writing the simple preface to the DNotes story.  We could add a whole book behind this...oh wait...

Very interesting Denver Dan. I'm not keen on ICO's in their current state, given my lack of trust in the issuers and facilitators; but am not against investing in startups. There isn't a single group in this industry that I would blindly trust with my money at this point in time. That's why I'm so excited for the launch of DNotes' venture capital platform; the ability to invest in new entrepreneurs, facilitated by a group of people I have grown to trust over the last few years. You can rest assured that the businesses DNotes accepts into their system will be viable (no dice games or ponzi schemes), so investors will likely invest with more confidence as they grow to trust the sound judgement of the DNotes team.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:11:56 PM

Just got in touch, apparently he has seen an increase of issues lately and investigating potential server issues. Not just the pool server, but other servers he has running as well. Right now it appears to mining ok, but the cron that is reporting the information, like findblocks is stuck or catching up.

Just another update, "As long as the miners can connect to stratum then nothing is lost.", which is the back end that handles and records the information. The error message, such as "We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP." or "Findblocks disabled, new blocks will currently not show up in the frontend" are on the front end side, usually indicates there is an issue with the cron and updating information back to the website. He is looking into possible solutions to keep the cron running or potentially an MPOS update that may help with the issue.

MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:49:43 PM

Thanks for the informative articles. I especially enjoyed looking over the infographic from DNotesEDU.

Here's a fun one: CryptoKitties is taking the Ethereum network by storm: https://cointelegraph.com/news/cryptokitties-sales-hit-12-million-could-be-ethereums-killer-app-after-all

I looked over the CryptoKitties website and read pretty much everything except the white paper. Although you have to put some real money into it, it actually has a lot of educational value. It's a fun way to learn how the block chain and smart contracts work. I'm actually considering getting my older kids some ether and letting them have at it.

I hope gamification is part of DNotes' plan. It's just fun. And it can be a fun way to learn the ropes too if the game is done right.

My daughter and I started getting into this game this past weekend.

Addy named our first Cryptokitty fluffplum, a portmanteau based on the parents names: cloudyredfluff and CrazyPlum.

https://www.cryptokitties.co/kitty/225886

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:18:25 PM

My daughter and I started getting into this game this past weekend.

Addy named our first Cryptokitty fluffplum, a portmanteau based on the parents names: cloudyredfluff and CrazyPlum.

https://www.cryptokitties.co/kitty/225886

Yeah, my daughter is going to start playing CryptoKitties soon. I just need to figure out what to trade to get her some startup ether (I won't be selling DNotes for the cause LOL).

I read up on it some last night, and it looks strangely addicting...
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: