Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:34:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:42:42 PM

I do not see any activity on the DNotes-2.0 GitHub page..!

Are you 100% sure you can release it on February??

Please specify the exact date.

I have bad memories of delays!!

Hi a.roman, we are on target for Q1 release and will be uploading our new repository soon.

Specify at least month ... February, March, April..?

You must know which month will be released!

I want to know if I need to sell my DNotes or still have to keep them!

Patience, brother.

Building a world-class ecosystem, and changing up the entire codebase to a better language....takes time. And it's obvious that momentum is building.

At my company office in Chicago, I wrote this quote on whiteboard wall...It's something Steve Jobs said in a CNBC Documentary about Pixar....

"But if you look very closely, most overnight success stories took a really long time."

I've been holding my DNotes since the genesis block in Feb 2014. I've not touched or sold a single one. And don't plan it for a good long while.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:46:34 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 09:40:56 PM by Dyna

https://youtu.be/DaQR4jk1voQ

Amazing! Dauphin DTR-1 from 1993. This is a piece of history and still works 25 years later. This was groundbreaking technology for the time and in many ways began to shape what is today's cell phones and tablets. For those of you familiar with running a business, it takes a lifetime of experiences to get it right. For every successful business there was likely half a dozen failed ones, and the 'overnight success' that were 5-10 years in the making Smiley. I have tremendous respect for Alan and the immense experience he has taken the time to share with me and bring to DNotes.
wowowowow

What an awesome find. Alan, I'd imagine seeing a video like that is like looking at baby pictures of grown children....memories come flooding back!

Thank you, MiningHabit. Until last week, I had no clue that this video was out there with 300,000+ views and 900+ comments.

Yes, it brought back a lot of memories for sure. Naturally, a question popped up in my mind - where would I be if I rejected IBM's offer the third time?

Never mind, DNotes is well worth it. I had always wished that I can leave a positive impact to help change the world slightly for the better. It is becoming far more certain by the day that DNotes is a far better dream than I have ever dreamt. Hope you all will continue to help make that a reality. Thank you.  
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:11:53 AM

Venezuelan Legislators: Maduro’s “Petro” Cryptocurrency Illegal

https://dcebrief.com/venezuelan-legislators-maduros-petro-cryptocurrency-illegal/
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:41:16 AM

New Zealand Tax Revenue Agency is suggesting that people take into consideration the classification of a cryptocurrency, and the intent of their purchase, when discerning personal tax liabiliity -- in lieu of them releasing more specific guidelines.

https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-finance/91564/ird-says-people-should-consider-money-made-selling-cryptocurrencies-bought

lxxtikk
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:36:53 AM

and what about wallet , so i would like to send my dnotes to wallet and they will be automatically swaped in wallet ?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:00:08 PM

and what about wallet , so i would like to send my dnotes to wallet and they will be automatically swaped in wallet ?

If you have not done so, it is best to create a wallet at the DNotesVault where your DNotes will be swapped automatically when DNotes 2.0 is launched. Private wallets will involve a simple process to be announced later.

Visit DNotesVault HERE:  https://dnotesvault.com/register

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:03:20 PM

I just came across this and thought it is worth sharing. It has been fairly well established that known ICOs to date involved the sale of tokens that are not registered or exempt with the SEC though they are deemed securities under U.S. law. I am concerned that this will not end well. It is damaging to our industry and could lead regulators and enforcement agents to over-react.

More than ever, it is important for investors to do their homework before investing. DNotes is always committed to do the right thing. We encourage you to do a deep research on us and feel free to ask any question.

Silver Miller Law Firm Files Class Action Against Giga Watt ICO Claiming Sales of Unregistered Securities

January 4, 2018 @ 8:01 am By JD Alois

Any US based initial coin offering (ICO) that raised a fair amount of money and did not file for a securities exemption should be quite nervous now. Giga Watt, an ICO that raised $20 million last summer, was hit with a class action lawsuit by the law firm of Silver Miller as a Christmas present last week.

The allegations have now become fairly standard as the plaintiff, StormsMedia, alleges that Giga Watt conducted an unregistered offering of securities. Something that is obviously against the law.

But, like many other lawsuits filed against a successful ICO, the complaint goes further stating:
•   Defendants appear to have already pocketed for themselves large sums of money
•   It appears Plaintiff et al will not see any return on their investment
•   Defendants used deceptive activity and intentional deprivation of investor rights and protection
•   and much more…

StormsMedia may not be very happy that when it (and others) invested the price of Bitcoin etc. was rather low.

In the ensuing months, the price of many cryptocurrencies rocketed. The complaint estimates the investment of $20 million is now worth over $100 million. For StormsMedia, their investment is now pegged at a valuation of $5.1 million. Perhaps it would have been better for the investors to have not invested at all? Yes, a rhetorical question.

The Plaintiff apparently requested a recision of the deal back on November 22, 2017. The Defendants have “failed to provide a meaningful response” to the demand – allegedly in violation of the terms of their own white paper including terms for an investor remedy.

David Silver, from Silver Miller, told Crowdfund Insider that all pre-functional tokens promised in an ICO fit the definition of the sale of a security which means the seller has to comply with US securities law;

“In this case, the defendant — whether intentionally or not — did neither and is therefore strictly liable for offering and selling unregistered securities,” said Miller. “Just because utility tokens might one day have a consumptive use does not remove them from being a “security” prior to that use.  Promoting the expectation of profit from pre-functional tokens, like Giga Watt did and continues to do, is by definition the sale of a security; and this case will hold Giga Watt accountable for its actions.”

Miller added they are pursuing a longer list of crypto companies that are allegedly in breach of US securities law;
“We currently have pending cases against Coinbase, Kraken, Tezos, Monkey Capital and Giga Watt.  I expect more to be filed as 2018 progresses,” said Silver.

Having $100 million in crypto & cash is a pretty fat target for disgruntled investors. Lawyers almost always win in a case like this. Everyone else, well that depends.  Giga Watt is most certainly lawyering up – just as every other US based ICO that raised big money, minus a Form D, should be doing now as suing ICO issuers is becoming a cottage industry of sorts.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/01/126633-silver-miller-law-files-class-action-giga-watt-ico-claiming-sales-unregistered-securities/
MiningHabit

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:20:16 PM

Hi all, TeeGee and me are getting a Facebook Page off the ground for long-term DNotes Social Media purposes.

Can folks on this board do us a solid and like the page, and then invite your Facebook friends to do so as well? Looking to get a few thousand folks on the page organically, and then building out some social strategies from there. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

fb.me/InternetofValue.Bitcoin

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 04:12:59 PM

DNotes Global, Inc. CEO Alan Yong Shares View on the ICO Conundrum - a Challenge Beyond the SEC Mandate

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:19:38 PM

DNotes Global, Inc. CEO Alan Yong Shares View on the ICO Conundrum - a Challenge Beyond the SEC Mandate

Interesting. Some new names I have not seen before.
lxxtikk
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:01:01 PM

If you have not done so, it is best to create a wallet at the DNotesVault where your DNotes will be swapped automatically when DNotes 2.0 is launched. Private wallets will involve a simple process to be announced later.

Visit DNotesVault HERE:  https://dnotesvault.com/register

So you mean i need to send my dnotes to dnotesvault and not to
 qt wallet . Why dnotesvault is better than qt wallet ?  
is dnotesvault like online dnote wallet ?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 10:54:16 PM

Welcome lxxtikk! What Alan was suggesting is that if you send your DNotes to DNotesVault.com, which is an online web vault for your DNotes run by the DNotes team and backed by a matching guarantee fund, is that your DNotes will automatically be swapped to DNotes 2.0 when the 1:1 coin swap occurs. You can use your desktop wallet, and still participate in the swap, but it will be semi-manual process. You can sign up for our newsletter on DNotesCoin.com to stay up to date and be notified of the coin swap. Thanks!

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:56:47 PM

HI lxxtikk

Yes, the DNotesVault is an online accessible wallet we created to make storing DNotes safe for our community. All funds are stored in cold storage, and deposits are guaranteed for maximum security.

I would highly recommend using it. We will be releasing a new QT wallet along with DNotes 2.0 in the coming months. Storing your DNotes at dnotesvault.com will mean that you won't need to do anything when we swap our DNotes tokens for the new currency (2.0). The vault will do this automatically for you. So that's an extra  consideration.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:58:17 PM

DNotes Forum History - It's all here, you just have to look...

On September 18, 2017, Steven Wasserman of Vments dropped in at the DNotes forum after an interview on DCEBrief - https://dcebrief.com/steve-wasserman-vments-will-meet-incumbent-financial-services-demand-for-digital-innovation-in-an-environment-that-threatens-their-relevance/

From the Vments website:

Steve Wasserman: “Vments will meet incumbent financial services demand for digital innovation in an environment that threatens their relevance.”
From DCEBrief

Link to Article

"This article was published by DCEBrief (Digital Currency Executive Brief - https://dcebrief.com) as an interview of Vments founder Steven Wasserman.

Vments is pleased to explore collaboration with DNotes Global Inc (http://dnotescoin.com) to provide a bridge between DNotes and other cryptocurrencies with Vments Virtual Fiat Money to enable widespread adoption and integration between the cryptocurrency world and Vments ecosystem and network of banks and financial services companies. This can enable bill and merchant payments using cryptocurrencies converted real time to VFM similar to how current credit and debit transactions can post foreign currency transactions through the existing payment rails. VFM is settled in real time with the merchant or vendor who can then either redeem it to a legacy bank account or reuse the VFM out of their CommunityVcash enabled account to make other payments."

https://www.vments.com/news/2017/9/15/steve-wasserman-vments-will-meet-incumbent-financial-services-demand-for-digital-innovation-in-an-environment-that-threatens-their-relevance

Smiley

Thank you very much to Steve and the team at Vments for working with me on the interview.

Vments have a lot of fascinating content and product offerings listed at their website that have a high degree of potential to facilitate collaboration between Vments and DNotes in the future -- especially given our plan to integrate the frictionless means to convert DNotes or other crypto to merchant POS spending via fiat conversion. I could personally see the Vments ecosystem benefiting the DNotes multi-currency card and banking network in the following way, as I will outline one potential use case below.

Spending of cryptocurrency using the DNotes multi-currency *debit* card could trigger the following process:

Any crypto converted into DNotes via DNotes' decentralized exchange >
DNotes are converted into fiat through our regulated exchange (fiat gateway) >
USD transfer from the fiat gateway exchange into the DNotes bank >
Forwarding of funds from DNotes bank to partner bank accounts (nostro accounts)> (particular benefit here)
Forwarding of payment to local merchant that multi-currency card is used to make purchase of goods or services.

The process above would be designed to be seamless and near-instant, and Vments work in the area of inter-bank payment flows could massively benefit some of these processes - namely, inter-bank money flows in different countries. This could allow debits to be made from checking accounts with instant movement of funds across the entire process, rather than current 'credits' being made in lieu of physical money transfer as is the case with credit card systems today. This would allow users to avoid a lot of the fees common with credit card systems. Currently some projects allow for integration with the visa network to spend cryptocurrencies, the above model is different in that it brings the 'authentication', 'liquidity provider' / 'exchange' and 'banking' network under the same roof as the operators of the currency & card issuer, which means they can be more tightly integrated with more cost effective revenue models.  

This is just an example of how such collaboration could work. There are many others.

Tim, that was an excellent interview. Steve has very high regards for DNotes and has been following us for quite a while. I have spoken to him and very impressed with what Vments has to offer. Although some collaborations in the future is very possible, we need to be mindful that anything to do with banking these days will that a long time to jump through a lot of legal hurdles. Especially because of the current market conditions, we will that our time to seek out the best opportunities and do things right.

I agree with Alan that this is definitely one to watch, while taking careful, sure steps as the ground beneath cryptocurrencies becomes more solid and predictable.

And I'm really glad that DNotes has such talent, including TeeGee to make sense of all of those buzz words used in the article. To me, the meanings of a lot of the terms were unfamiliar, but not entirely vague.

But what really caught my attention was, "At the core of the technology is Virtual Fiat Money (VFM) which flows through account types CommunityVcash and CommunityVcredit established by participating financial institutions in their local base currency."

I assumed that both of these were a permissioned blockchain cryptocurrency that is pegged to a particular currency. I then imagined it was used to symbolise a transfer of value in some way, but I really would like to know more about it. Like does this virtual fiat currency have a tag in the transaction saying which currency it is pegged to and the peg value? Do they actually buy the virtual fiat from Vments at the pegged currency rate and the Vments sell this back to the receiver as a different fiat currency according to the predetermined pegged value?

So much to think about, so I hope there is a follow up article with more concrete details once that information is ready for public disclosure. And again I wonder if this DNotes thread might be the most broadly informative thread on bitcointalk.org.

Thanks, Tim. Vments platform is a private and permissioned blockchain functional ecosystem and network of financial institutions.

I sometime see the decentralized world and the centralized world as two extremely ends of the spectrum. Neither one is perfect but each has massive potential. A bridge that can negotiate the gap in a well balanced manner can reap great rewards. That is what DNotes Global, Inc. is destined to become. It will take time and many great strategic moves, collaborations, and partnership.
Vments can enable peer to peer settlement with a merchant or vendor using its VFM (virtual fiat money) using an account denominated in DNotes (or any cryptocurrency) where the card/account issuers settle with the customer in the cryptocurrency and the fiat currency of the transaction is similar to current credit/debit card trans for a foreign currency transaction. The card/account issuer would have to acquired VFM of the currency they need to send to the merchant/vendor, but then collect in crypto from the card/account holder. The merchant/vendor can then redeem the VFM to their bank account, reuse it for other transactions, or exchange it for some other fiat or crypto currency. If the merchant/vendor is willing to accept the crypto, then the conversion to VFM is not necessary and they can either reuse the crypto or exchange it for some other fiat or crypto currency. The VFM would be minted by the bank that the card/account issuer uses for the settlement, including where the bank could be the card/account issuer and handle all of the applicable compliance that our software would help comply with.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 04:23:10 PM

All, doing some cleanup. If you can help find old links or references to sites that no longer work, that would be helpful.

MiningHabit

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:53:24 PM

So this is only tangentially related to DNotes, but wanted to still post about a fun personal milestone.

I've been working over the Holidays with my Vietnam team, to get us all setup to accept Bitcoin. We went live with it today, and just a few moments ago, we got our first order of our software using Bitcoin. w00t!

Looking forward to the day when I can have us accepting NOTE as well Grin Cheesy Wink

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 05:10:22 PM

So this is only tangentially related to DNotes, but wanted to still post about a fun personal milestone.

I've been working over the Holidays with my Vietnam team, to get us all setup to accept Bitcoin. We went live with it today, and just a few moments ago, we got our first order of our software using Bitcoin. w00t!

Looking forward to the day when I can have us accepting NOTE as well Grin Cheesy Wink

Awesome MiningHabit! Congrats. We plan to make it significantly easier to accept payments using DNotes in the near future.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:31:52 PM

As recently shared on facebook, this is an amazing video Tim created when he was here over the summer outlining why DCEBrief is so important to our ecosystem.

http://dnotescoin.com/dcebrief-why-its-important-to-the-dnotes-ecosystem/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:40:57 PM

As recently shared on facebook, this is an amazing video Tim created when he was here over the summer outlining why DCEBrief is so important to our ecosystem.

http://dnotescoin.com/dcebrief-why-its-important-to-the-dnotes-ecosystem/

Indeed. Tim did a great job. Here was my response when I saw it on Facebook:

"In 2017, we saw an unprecedented explosion of interest in digital currencies and the blockchain technology that powers them. Despite that interest, however, few would argue that Bitcoin or its rivals made a difference in the way most people live.

2017 ended much the way it began. Untold millions remained without access to basic financial services like bank accounts. Fiat currencies in many areas of the world continued to be unreliable. The world’s reserve banks and governments continued to exercise vast powers over the world’s economies. And none of the major digital currencies offered even a glimmer of hope that any of that would change any time soon.

Until now.

The Promise of Digital Currency

As 2018 emerges from the cryptocurrency excitement of the previous year, one digital currency stands posed to change that dynamic – and with it, the world. Meet DNotes, a digital currency designed to ensure that everyone around the world has access to all of cryptocurrency’s promised benefits.

When Bitcoin burst onto the scene, it held forth the promise of a world where everyday people could once again take control of their own financial destiny. Nine years later, that promise remains just that: a promise.

As other digital currencies followed in Bitcoin’s footsteps, many of them promised useful benefits for the world’s citizens too. To date, few people around the world have experienced any of those benefits. For most people, digital currency remains firmly within the realm of speculative investment.

To understand, the DNotes difference, you need to invest some time to know us. Together we can change the world for the better. Please like and share."

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:21:49 PM

Voxtel to Implement Einsteinium Foundation’s EMC2 Cryptocurrency

https://dcebrief.com/voxtel-to-integrate-einsteinium-foundations-emc2-cryptocurrency/
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: