Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:26:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
MiningHabit

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:08:43 PM

Thanks, Chase. I left it open-ended on purpose. I had a conversation with Joe on this subject earlier. He will be coordinating to encourage our community to start working on a list of subject matters to cover - using multiple print media and social media platforms. This should include articles for DCEBrief, DNotesEDU, LiknedIn, Blog Posts, Facebook and other social media. Additionally, we will be issuing press releases 2 to 4 times a month beginning in January. I envision that we will have a press release update on each of our ecosystem, as well as our family of CRISPs. They are all just as relevant today; in fact even more so. This is the time we need our community to pitch in the most. Free free to share any ideas you may have. Thanks.

Content developed by solid designers, writers, etc is a nontrivial activity that can be hard for beginning technologies without that extant knowhow.

This is exactly the topic that my friend Colin covered at a recent "Illini Startups" meetup at the Marketing Store in Chicago. It was all about how to market without a CMO. Which is typical of tech firms, who start with the innovation/technology, then develop some insight into product-market fit, and thennn it's time to proselytize. So it's a core competency that needs to be built out scrappily, or it gets hella expensive.

(for example, my firm hired Sales/Marketing leadership talent from Salesforce before we should've and we wasted a huge amount of that VC rounds' runway on negative ROI marketing spend).

The topic of the meetup was marketing without a CMO. Some great ideas in his slide deck: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4scg6znkl3y7t3/Illini%20startups%20Marketing%20December.pptx

He also suggested getting in touch with the College of Media at UIUC. That's the world he came from, and he said kids would be dying for content work like this on exciting projects.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:32:11 PM

There's an awful lot of talk in the media and among economic experts that Bitcoin is a bubble right now, with all traditional indicators leading them to that conclusion. However, I believe they are discounting just how widespread the demand is. In my opinion Bitcoin is not a bubble, it has barely reached its full potential. I think we won't start getting into serious bubble

Bitcoin is definitely in a bubble AND it hasn't reached it's full potential. The two aren't opposed to each other. Like Erik Voorhees tweeted the other day....

"Bitcoin can be *both* in a bubble and  underpriced, simultaneously. It depends on your timescale. Remember the poor fool who bought at $31 in mid 2011 at the top of that bubble..."

By traditional measure, like I said in my original post, you came to the conclusion that Bitcoin is a bubble. If we also look at it from the perspective of behavioral economics, and what percentage of the herd has common consensus on the future direction of Bitcoin, there are still many individuals with different biases. During the tulip bubble, few people thought the price would go down, as is the case with nearly every other bubble. Bitcoin has undeniably reached critical mass, but I wouldn't go so far as to label it a bubble until we see how the other 95% of people in the world who don't use Bitcoin react to it. This 95% is a highly generous estimate, using America as a baseline for the entire world.

I really like how you brought behavioural ecconomics and the fact that the current market is a fraction of the potential market into the discussion. Where a bubble exists with investors aware that price far exceeds value, it is typical for all investors to closely watch the market while hovering a finger over the 'sell' button. This way they have a slim chance of being the second-greatest fool.

Then, when the bubble-price drops, it plummets quickly and keeps going until consensus is reached that the investment is valued at its real worth. If you look at the price history of bitcoin, this is not what happens. The price drop is steep, but the 'current value' baseline is never too far below the peek it dropped from. For me, that is a clear indicator that it is not a bubble. Bubbles pop.

Bitcoin declining by over 60% in 2014 after a 5000% runup....isn't a bubble popping? Then what would you consider the housing crisis, which was belied by assets runup and decline far, far smaller in magnitude than that.

It seems by using BC's line here....that people in 2013 would have been wrong if they correctly called that as a bubble....because an even far smaller percentage of the herd had heard of the concept, much less believed in it.

Agree to disagree, but we are most certainly in a bubble, imo.

Yes it has been an extremely animated visualization of the boom and bust cycle, with the rapid BTC price rise in 2013, two year correction period and subsequent recovery. Maybe DNotes' economics expert wants to weigh in on the matter, what do you think TeeGee?
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:28:26 AM

French Finance Minister: G20 Should Take up Bitcoin Issue

https://dcebrief.com/french-finance-minister-g20-should-take-up-bitcoin-issue/
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:57:42 AM

Check this out:

Longfin IPOs at $5/Share on NASDAQ Under Reg A+, Buys Blockchain Company Ziddu & Stock Soars to Over $140

This is an example of how crazy the Crypto/Blockchain sector is right now. Longfin (NASDAQ:LFIN) listed its shares on NASDAQ on December 13th at $5 a share. The company used the Reg A+ crowdfunding exemption to raise the money apparently selling 2.3 million shares out of a possible $50 million raise.

Two days later, Longfin announced the acquisition of Ziddu.com, a Blockchain powered platform that is said to offer Microfinance Lending against Collateralized Warehouse Receipts in the form of ERC20 “Ziddu Coins.” If you want to have a better understanding of how Longfin was doing prior to the IPO you can read their offering circular here where the company is required to share its operating information. What happened next? The stock soared right through the roof. On Friday, the day of the announcement, shares jumped more than 200%

Read more: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/12/126079-longfin-ipos-5-share-nasdaq-reg-buys-blockchain-company-ziddu-stock-soars-140/
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:27:06 PM

There's an awful lot of talk in the media and among economic experts that Bitcoin is a bubble right now, with all traditional indicators leading them to that conclusion. However, I believe they are discounting just how widespread the demand is. In my opinion Bitcoin is not a bubble, it has barely reached its full potential. I think we won't start getting into serious bubble

Bitcoin is definitely in a bubble AND it hasn't reached it's full potential. The two aren't opposed to each other. Like Erik Voorhees tweeted the other day....

"Bitcoin can be *both* in a bubble and  underpriced, simultaneously. It depends on your timescale. Remember the poor fool who bought at $31 in mid 2011 at the top of that bubble..."

By traditional measure, like I said in my original post, you came to the conclusion that Bitcoin is a bubble. If we also look at it from the perspective of behavioral economics, and what percentage of the herd has common consensus on the future direction of Bitcoin, there are still many individuals with different biases. During the tulip bubble, few people thought the price would go down, as is the case with nearly every other bubble. Bitcoin has undeniably reached critical mass, but I wouldn't go so far as to label it a bubble until we see how the other 95% of people in the world who don't use Bitcoin react to it. This 95% is a highly generous estimate, using America as a baseline for the entire world.

I really like how you brought behavioural ecconomics and the fact that the current market is a fraction of the potential market into the discussion. Where a bubble exists with investors aware that price far exceeds value, it is typical for all investors to closely watch the market while hovering a finger over the 'sell' button. This way they have a slim chance of being the second-greatest fool.

Then, when the bubble-price drops, it plummets quickly and keeps going until consensus is reached that the investment is valued at its real worth. If you look at the price history of bitcoin, this is not what happens. The price drop is steep, but the 'current value' baseline is never too far below the peek it dropped from. For me, that is a clear indicator that it is not a bubble. Bubbles pop.

Bitcoin declining by over 60% in 2014 after a 5000% runup....isn't a bubble popping? Then what would you consider the housing crisis, which was belied by assets runup and decline far, far smaller in magnitude than that.

It seems by using BC's line here....that people in 2013 would have been wrong if they correctly called that as a bubble....because an even far smaller percentage of the herd had heard of the concept, much less believed in it.

Yes it has been an extremely animated visualization of the boom and bust cycle, with the rapid BTC price rise in 2013, two year correction period and subsequent recovery. Maybe DNotes' economics expert wants to weigh in on the matter, what do you think TeeGee?

I tend to take more conservative and 'patently obvious' positions that factor in current industry trends, that may not be helpful for future price speculations. But I may give it a try.

Generally, my belief is that prices of an asset will reflect its underlying value over the long term. It is for this reason that we decided to make DNotes into more than just a currency, and to back it with an ownership claim against the profits of a business ecosystem that also works to add value to the DNotes currency through proprietary applications. It may well be the case that many currencies are in a bubble. At this present time, the industry is sorting through what is good, and what is not, and this process takes time. In the long-run, currencies that do not offer any real intrinsic value will likely go to zero.

I also think that long-term prospects are dictated by industry interest and consumer acquisition -- which the industry is currently drawing in unprecedented amounts of new users and capital. Let's say that currently 1% of people own cryptocurrencies, well what happens when that number reaches 2.5%, 10%, 20%?

There is also the addition of futures markets -- markets where contracts of the non-physical asset are traded, that heavily influence, or in fact drive the real physical assets price. There could be a situation where Bitcoin's intrinsic value proposition as a decentralized currency (which is not exclusive, but for now it is preeminent) continues to rise for its users, and the number of users continue to grow, but futures market speculators may work in the opposite direction, for institutional money can leverage large sums of capital to 10x, 20x, or even 100x, and easily offset the real purchases of tens of thousands of new users. That said, if market sentiment was that positive, the futures markets would likely reflect these industry customer acquisition growth figures.

It tends to be the case that due to our innate biases, that bullish news and speculations "makes sense" to crypto holders (hodlers), and bearish outlooks make sense to those who never got involved or who are motivated by different ideologies (nocoiners). I would not be surprised to see large swings either way. In the medium term, I wouldn't' be surprised to see Bitcoin reach well over 100 thousand US dollars based on current growth trajectories and industry interest. I do not think that the cryptocurrency industry is prone to the same types of implosions that fiat money markets are, where limitless money printing makes the underlying asset markets less stable once a hole grows large enough -- where the original investments were only made possible by relentless central bank money printing and bank lending. With cryptocurrency, those inflation growth rates are predictable, and no other entity is just printing more money. A large number of margin calls on futures contracts (which are purchased in dollars) could adversely affect the Bitcoin price if the amount of money going into Bitcoin begins to slow down too much. I don't think the Bitcoin markets are large enough at this time to negatively impact the world economy to any significant degree at its current size, but if it were 100+ T, then we could reanalyse that.

Everybody is saying it is a bubble, the people involved in the industry question that themselves. To me that seems somewhat of a hint that it may not be. I haven't met anybody yet who is invested, and hasn't considered that it 'could be' a bubble. Peak investing naivety requires investors to no be aware of that possibility.

Who knows? I'm watching.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:27:58 PM

Check this out:

Longfin IPOs at $5/Share on NASDAQ Under Reg A+, Buys Blockchain Company Ziddu & Stock Soars to Over $140

This is an example of how crazy the Crypto/Blockchain sector is right now. Longfin (NASDAQ:LFIN) listed its shares on NASDAQ on December 13th at $5 a share. The company used the Reg A+ crowdfunding exemption to raise the money apparently selling 2.3 million shares out of a possible $50 million raise.

Two days later, Longfin announced the acquisition of Ziddu.com, a Blockchain powered platform that is said to offer Microfinance Lending against Collateralized Warehouse Receipts in the form of ERC20 “Ziddu Coins.” If you want to have a better understanding of how Longfin was doing prior to the IPO you can read their offering circular here where the company is required to share its operating information. What happened next? The stock soared right through the roof. On Friday, the day of the announcement, shares jumped more than 200%

Read more: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/12/126079-longfin-ipos-5-share-nasdaq-reg-buys-blockchain-company-ziddu-stock-soars-140/

It would appear that our mini-IPO will be launching at a very opportune time, in an industry excited to get in on and invest in blockchain projects.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 03:27:35 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 03:56:37 PM by DNotes

I tend to take more conservative and 'patently obvious' positions that factor in current industry trends, that may not be helpful for future price speculations. But I may give it a try.

Generally, my belief is that prices of an asset will reflect its underlying value over the long term. It is for this reason that we decided to make DNotes into more than just a currency, and to back it with an ownership claim against the profits of a business ecosystem that also works to add value to the DNotes currency through proprietary applications. It may well be the case that many currencies are in a bubble. At this present time, the industry is sorting through what is good, and what is not, and this process takes time. In the long-run, currencies that do not offer any real intrinsic value will likely go to zero.

I also think that long-term prospects are dictated by industry interest and consumer acquisition -- which the industry is currently drawing in unprecedented amounts of new users and capital. Let's say that currently 1% of people own cryptocurrencies, well what happens when that number reaches 2.5%, 10%, 20%?

There is also the addition of futures markets -- markets where contracts of the non-physical asset are traded, that heavily influence, or in fact drive the real physical assets price. There could be a situation where Bitcoin's intrinsic value proposition as a decentralized currency (which is not exclusive, but for now it is preeminent) continues to rise for its users, and the number of users continue to grow, but futures market speculators may work in the opposite direction, for institutional money can leverage large sums of capital to 10x, 20x, or even 100x, and easily offset the real purchases of tens of thousands of new users. That said, if market sentiment was that positive, the futures markets would likely reflect these industry customer acquisition growth figures.

It tends to be the case that due to our innate biases, that bullish news and speculations "makes sense" to crypto holders (hodlers), and bearish outlooks make sense to those who never got involved or who are motivated by different ideologies (nocoiners). I would not be surprised to see large swings either way. In the medium term, I wouldn't' be surprised to see Bitcoin reach well over 100 thousand US dollars based on current growth trajectories and industry interest. I do not think that the cryptocurrency industry is prone to the same types of implosions that fiat money markets are, where limitless money printing makes the underlying asset markets less stable once a hole grows large enough -- where the original investments were only made possible by relentless central bank money printing and bank lending. With cryptocurrency, those inflation growth rates are predictable, and no other entity is just printing more money. A large number of margin calls on futures contracts (which are purchased in dollars) could adversely affect the Bitcoin price if the amount of money going into Bitcoin begins to slow down too much. I don't think the Bitcoin markets are large enough at this time to negatively impact the world economy to any significant degree at its current size, but if it were 100+ T, then we could reanalyse that.

Everybody is saying it is a bubble, the people involved in the industry question that themselves. To me that seems somewhat of a hint that it may not be. I haven't met anybody yet who is invested, and hasn't considered that it 'could be' a bubble. Peak investing naivety requires investors to no be aware of that possibility.

Who knows? I'm watching.

It seems as though many of the investors I've read are taking a similar approach to this Tim, and great post. It is still a new industry, relatively, and it looks like investors who have been investing in this industry for a while seem to be taking the approach that it's not one thing or another until proven. That leads me to believe these markets are not acting entirely as the other industries and markets have, though I'm sure there is a lot that does.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 07:17:48 PM

Check this out:

It would appear that our mini-IPO will be launching at a very opportune time, in an industry excited to get in on and invest in blockchain projects.

Agreed, pretty interesting and I think it will be the ideal time for us.

Getting ready to head to Chicago for a few days as we have meetings with a couple of development firms in the greater Chicago area.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:44:06 PM

Here is a great article about the World Funding Summit Joe and I attended in LA last month. Enjoy.

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/12/126126-world-funding-summit-wrap-discussion-victoria-silchenko-future-finance/
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:12:35 AM

Here is a great article about the World Funding Summit Joe and I attended in LA last month. Enjoy.

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/12/126126-world-funding-summit-wrap-discussion-victoria-silchenko-future-finance/

That is a great article, Ms Silchenko is a wise woman and her views are very much in line with those of DNotes.
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:23:00 AM

I'm not sure if many of you have done any level of extensive research on anonymous currencies, but what do you think about the transaction size when making highly anonymous transactions? Sometimes the amount of data in a transaction can increase by over 100 fold, when using the highest level of anonymity offered. What effect might this have on their blockchain in times of high traffic?
DNotesEDU

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 03:02:42 AM

How to Recover a Deleted Cryptocurrency Wallet
https://dnotesedu.com/2017/12/how-to-recover-a-deleted-cryptocurrency-wallet/

Have you ever accidentally deleted your worthless cryptocurrency wallet, only to realize that years after you deleted it, the value soared? Well you aren’t alone, and here is a guide that actually gives you a chance of recovering deleted wallet.dat files.

Read More
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:11:06 AM

Coinbase Announces Trading Support for Bitcoin Cash

https://dcebrief.com/coinbase-announces-trading-support-for-bitcoin-cash/
Bitcoin!

Activity: 768
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:37:10 AM

Has anyone from Dnotes team took a look at Binance Labs? https://labs.binance.com/

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Report to moderator 
_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:22:30 PM

Has anyone from Dnotes team took a look at Binance Labs? https://labs.binance.com/

Thank you for the link, Bitcoin! I just took a quick look. Very interesting and great connection. I will contact them.

Joe and I have a very busy schedule today, meeting with software development firms. We are expanding our capabilities in many areas, in preparation for our Reg. A+ mini IPO.
BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 05:41:05 PM

Hi DNotes Team, I noticed you are still promoting Poloniex on the DNotes Vault website https://dnotesvault.com/dnotes.php. I think you guys should change this even if you are planning to change it down the line. The sooner the better. Kind regards,

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:18:12 AM

Hi DNotes Team, I noticed you are still promoting Poloniex on the DNotes Vault website https://dnotesvault.com/dnotes.php. I think you guys should change this even if you are planning to change it down the line. The sooner the better. Kind regards,

Thank you, BTCWise. We will make the adjustment.

Joe is on his long drive home. I just got home myself from a fantastic meeting with a local software development firm of 60 employees. The owner and 2 of his key staff did their homework and were well prepared to welcome us with a great presentation.

We are looking for the best partner in our quest to be a technology leader and they are looking for the best client. We mutually felt that this is a perfect match. We met for over two hours and left with high expectation that together we will end up doing great things.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:27:49 AM

Joe is on his long drive home. I just got home myself from a fantastic meeting with a local software development firm of 60 employees. The owner and 2 of his key staff did their homework and were well prepared to welcome us with a great presentation.

We are looking for the best partner in our quest to be a technology leader and they are looking for the best client. We mutually felt that this is a perfect match. We met for over two hours and left with high expectation that together we will end up doing great things.

That's awesome. Congratulations! What a tremendous asset to the DNotes project!

I've been working really hard pulling together transaction records from my cryptocurrency adventure so that I can include that information on my tax return. And I can think of things that could be done to make that job easier, some of which DNotes already does. The biggest one is to have a block explorer that allows data export. API support is also important. I have a few coins whose block explorers don't have those features, and let me tell you that spells H E A D A C H E!

I may or may not be making future investment decisions based in part on block explorer features... not that I'm complaining. My NEM holdings definitely justify the headache. Still, why not remove it anyway right from the start.

My larger point here is that part of what I think should be taken into account with development is tax compliance made simple with DNotes. A lot of coin devs don't think that's important, but it really is.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:05:19 AM

I've been working really hard pulling together transaction records from my cryptocurrency adventure so that I can include that information on my tax return. And I can think of things that could be done to make that job easier, some of which DNotes already does. The biggest one is to have a block explorer that allows data export. API support is also important. I have a few coins whose block explorers don't have those features, and let me tell you that spells H E A D A C H E!

I may or may not be making future investment decisions based in part on block explorer features... not that I'm complaining. My NEM holdings definitely justify the headache. Still, why not remove it anyway right from the start.

My larger point here is that part of what I think should be taken into account with development is tax compliance made simple with DNotes. A lot of coin devs don't think that's important, but it really is.

That's a really good point Wiser, and I can see other flow on benefits as well. If the founders of a cryptocurrency simplify and promote compliance with tax authorities, it proves that they are doing their best to operate within the existing systems. If a time comes where old finance wants to bring down cryptocurrency, being the squeaky-clean operator might make all the difference.

I hope you're claiming data costs, electricity, fees and memberships or whatever else helped you earn your income.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:19:07 AM

Thank you, Wiser. We are very fortunate to find such a great fit. I have already invited the owner of the company to consider joining DNotes Global, Inc.'s Board of Directors. He is highly qualified. I am also reaching out to others that could represent us well. We are building a best in class company with a core mission to promote and protest the best interest of DNotes, ensuring that it is accessible for anyone worldwide to participate.

Just the words "tax return" give me a headache. Ultimately, an accounting system with reporting and compliance requirements will be built as a component of the blockchain. That will put a lot of accountants and auditors out work. If one of NextGenVC future clients is in this area we could be interest to participate. Otherwise, even a simple tax compliance version may be a while before it can make it to our priority list.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: