Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148794 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kopes18

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:13:14 AM

Hi, @DNotes @Dyna. Great thanks for answering my newbie questions.

I see the the coin launched on 2014, the actual dev starts from April 2017. During 2014 and 2017 what DNotes focused is marketing.

I think it will be great to add some new technical improvement, for example: consensus protocol, lightening network, private sending and so on.

For me, I was a developer, making development thoughts and basic report are not complicated, actually quite simple and fun. Cause it's sharing the new ideas and progresses to everyone. I even write some to myself helping me organize the coding design.

If the developer could push the work to Github I'm sure this will gain a lot faith to DNotes holders.

Why not coding in the open source way? So that ppl can also contribute ideas, even code to DNotes2.0. Although I'm not a blockchain developer, but maybe someone in the community is good at this. For example the development of Linux and Bitcoin.

Since DNotes Global is not a none profit foundation, what the business plan to attract and convince investors to invest in the company?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:40:35 AM

Just bought 15K+ more. poloniex is now delisted Note. it was good price on poloniex on the close. I was able to withdraw my funds without any problems after the closure. I'm sure we will start to see the price level off or even go up now that thats over with.

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 04:58:55 AM

I see the the coin launched on 2014, the actual dev starts from April 2017. During 2014 and 2017 what DNotes focused is marketing.

I think it will be great to add some new technical improvement, for example: consensus protocol, lightening network, private sending and so on.

For me, I was a developer, making development thoughts and basic report are not complicated, actually quite simple and fun. Cause it's sharing the new ideas and progresses to everyone. I even write some to myself helping me organize the coding design.

If the developer could push the work to Github I'm sure this will gain a lot faith to DNotes holders.

Why not coding in the open source way? So that ppl can also contribute ideas, even code to DNotes2.0. Although I'm not a blockchain developer, but maybe someone in the community is good at this. For example the development of Linux and Bitcoin.

Since DNotes Global is not a none profit foundation, what the business plan to attract and convince investors to invest in the company?

No problem kopes18.

To see the projects we have been working on since 2014, please see our roadmap here: http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-roadmap/
Quote from Alan above "For the first three years, we focused in developing our ecosystems, i.e. – CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, Family of CRISPs, DCEBrief and my book. We waited for the technology to mature and only started working on software development [of DNotes 2.0] on April 1, 2017."

Also see 2017 in the roadmap for our list of carefully planned technical improvements for DNotes 2.0.

As far as open source / github, please see my response above here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.msg24964592#msg24964592
Our GitHub is absolutely open for anyone to contribute, but once the base code of DNotes 2.0 is completed we can more actively promote contributions along with bounties. There is the possibility some of the code will be radically different, so it doesn't make sense for us to promote it until DNotes 2.0 is ready.

DNotes Global Inc. is a for-profit company, for more information on this please see the DNotes story here: http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

kopes18

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:26:05 AM

No problem kopes18.

To see the projects we have been working on since 2014, please see our roadmap here: http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-roadmap/
Quote from Alan above "For the first three years, we focused in developing our ecosystems, i.e. – CryptoMoms, DNotesVault, Family of CRISPs, DCEBrief and my book. We waited for the technology to mature and only started working on software development [of DNotes 2.0] on April 1, 2017."

Also see 2017 in the roadmap for our list of carefully planned technical improvements for DNotes 2.0.

As far as open source / github, please see my response above here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.msg24964592#msg24964592
Our GitHub is absolutely open for anyone to contribute, but once the base code of DNotes 2.0 is completed we can more actively promote contributions along with bounties. There is the possibility some of the code will be radically different, so it doesn't make sense for us to promote it until DNotes 2.0 is ready.

DNotes Global Inc. is a for-profit company, for more information on this please see the DNotes story here: http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/
http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/
I still can't see the business model of DNotes Global as a company.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:51:59 AM

No problem kopes18.

http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

It is easy to get confused. DNotes itself is a decentralized digital currency. It is governed by algorithm. By itself, and I am trying to keep it simple, it has little capability of executing a business model or business plan. It is leaderless and it cannot be controlled by an individual or a group of individual like a real world business.

We recognize that as a short coming of a decentralized organization. We believe that it is important to have a group, such as ourselves and our community to have sufficient self interest to promote and protect the best interest of DNotes. DNotes Global is an addition to that efforts to carry out the proposed projects on our road-map.

kopes18

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:55:53 AM

No problem kopes18.

It is easy to get confused. DNotes itself is a decentralized digital currency. It is governed by algorithm. By itself, and I am trying to keep it simple, it has little capability of executing a business model or business plan. It is leaderless and it cannot be controlled by an individual or a group of individual like a real world business.

We recognize that as a short coming of a decentralized organization. We believe that it is important to have a group, such as ourselves and our community to have sufficient self interest to promote and protect the best interest of DNotes. DNotes Global is an addition to that efforts to carry out the proposed projects on our road-map.

Oh yes, I understand the currency part. But I think to attract Reg. A+ investment the DNotes Global inc should have a business plan for the company investors. I just don't see this part for now. Thanks!
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 10:07:01 AM

Mobile Payments in China
[...]
The ease of use, and adoption rate really interested me because at the front end, it looks just like how I imagine cryptocurrency payments will work. Of course the back end needs to resolve the speed issues but will have the advantage of much lower fees due to much simpler and more reliable infrastructure. After seeing this, I'm now of the growing opinion that between now and a dominant cryptocurrency option, we'll see a number of hybrid versions where the existing systems provide a wallet service that can be topped up using a cryptocurrency payment or emptied back into a cryptocurrency address.

WeChat is owned by Tencent Holdings Limited in China. And Alipay is also owned by a Chinese company, Alibaba Group Holding Limited. So while China is still forming its relationship with cryptocurrency it is unlikely we'll see a hybrid payment system any time soon. But if a mobile payment application becomes as popular as cash in the western world and implements a cryptocurrency wallet system, this will put a lot of pressure on China to do the same or risk losing their first-to-market advantage.

Yes, it is. I'm in China. Because in China people don't use credit card very often like America. Most credit card need password when paying and the service is not as good as America. But now everyone is using Wechat, that's why. In China Wechat Pay is more Popular than Alipay because Wechat is a chatting app even old people are using it, it's much more convenient. Especially in shop there is Wechat Pay but not Alipay.

The finance market in China is huge. I'm so sure about it. Now crypto exchanges are banned, it will open one day, not too long. When that time comes all the Chinese blockchain projects will moon for sure. Most exchanges in China have already moved outside, Hong Kong, Japan and so on.

Thanks kopes18 for your insights. I was only there for a very short time, so I'm grateful to know my first impression of mobile payments in China was accurate. It is also interesting to read your opinion that there is more to come from China in the blockchain industry.

I know now that it is officially illegal to gamble in China, and I also got the impression that Chinese people believe a lot in luck and like to gamble a little bit too. The blockchain industry is so risky, but can provide such high returns, that it is not so different from gambling. My guess is that China will want to keep its people safe from gambling too much on blockchain industries and won't be friendly to blockchain projects until it knows how to keep it safe.

I also appreciate the great questions you asked about DNotes, and how you are not afraid to say when you don't understand something or feel like there is more to answer. I learnt a few things from the answers you got, even though I've been around for a while now. I also had a look at the github activity. I'm not much of a programmer, but I can read code well enough to know what is significant coding, and what is more like refactoring. So I'm also looking forward to seeing more code being committed soon. I took a look at the Stratis Github page too, and noticed how much they are also working with C# and the .net framework.

As for your English, I'm just glad that you've contributed to this forum, and so long as I understand you, I am happy. The cryptocurrency movement is a global development, and I'm glad that everyone is getting involved, not just one culture. This forum is also much more interested in the ideas of members rather than how their ideas are worded. That is another thing I like about DNotes, they are kind.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
kopes18

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:53:09 AM

Mobile Payments in China
[...]
The ease of use, and adoption rate really interested me because at the front end, it looks just like how I imagine cryptocurrency payments will work. Of course the back end needs to resolve the speed issues but will have the advantage of much lower fees due to much simpler and more reliable infrastructure. After seeing this, I'm now of the growing opinion that between now and a dominant cryptocurrency option, we'll see a number of hybrid versions where the existing systems provide a wallet service that can be topped up using a cryptocurrency payment or emptied back into a cryptocurrency address.

WeChat is owned by Tencent Holdings Limited in China. And Alipay is also owned by a Chinese company, Alibaba Group Holding Limited. So while China is still forming its relationship with cryptocurrency it is unlikely we'll see a hybrid payment system any time soon. But if a mobile payment application becomes as popular as cash in the western world and implements a cryptocurrency wallet system, this will put a lot of pressure on China to do the same or risk losing their first-to-market advantage.

Yes, it is. I'm in China. Because in China people don't use credit card very often like America. Most credit card need password when paying and the service is not as good as America. But now everyone is using Wechat, that's why. In China Wechat Pay is more Popular than Alipay because Wechat is a chatting app even old people are using it, it's much more convenient. Especially in shop there is Wechat Pay but not Alipay.

The finance market in China is huge. I'm so sure about it. Now crypto exchanges are banned, it will open one day, not too long. When that time comes all the Chinese blockchain projects will moon for sure. Most exchanges in China have already moved outside, Hong Kong, Japan and so on.

Thanks kopes18 for your insights. I was only there for a very short time, so I'm grateful to know my first impression of mobile payments in China was accurate. It is also interesting to read your opinion that there is more to come from China in the blockchain industry.

I know now that it is officially illegal to gamble in China, and I also got the impression that Chinese people believe a lot in luck and like to gamble a little bit too. The blockchain industry is so risky, but can provide such high returns, that it is not so different from gambling. My guess is that China will want to keep its people safe from gambling too much on blockchain industries and won't be friendly to blockchain projects until it knows how to keep it safe.

I also appreciate the great questions you asked about DNotes, and how you are not afraid to say when you don't understand something or feel like there is more to answer. I learnt a few things from the answers you got, even though I've been around for a while now. I also had a look at the github activity. I'm not much of a programmer, but I can read code well enough to know what is significant coding, and what is more like refactoring. So I'm also looking forward to seeing more code being committed soon. I took a look at the Stratis Github page too, and noticed how much they are also working with C# and the .net framework.

As for your English, I'm just glad that you've contributed to this forum, and so long as I understand you, I am happy. The cryptocurrency movement is a global development, and I'm glad that everyone is getting involved, not just one culture. This forum is also much more interested in the ideas of members rather than how their ideas are worded. That is another thing I like about DNotes, they are kind.

Haha I never related this to gamble. But maybe there are some relationship. The main reason I think is now ppl in China, even old ppl, they are very positive to new technology. Cause they already saw the big impact of mobile phone, e-commerce, Tesla and so on. People like investment but not gamble. Actually this time I think the government are very positive and not saying blockchain and crypto currency are illegal. There were too many scams at that time, the government clean the market, for long term it’s good. Well it’s a good chance if DNotes can be listed on some Chinese exchanges before the market open.

Most coins I know they are driven by developers but lack of marketing, but DNotes seems the reverse haha. For what I understand it’s very important for a coin to success in long term to have a very clear technical advantage. I rate this part very much. For example BTX, I’m one of the very early investors, it adds Segwit and with an interesting way of airdrop at that time. But for DNotes it’s unclear to see this part, I really want know more about dev and coding but can’t get much info to gain my confidence. If I just invest it’s really like gamble for me, but maybe I will still invest a little.
ZurbCash

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:23:32 PM

After a super big lose of 94% i moved my coins from poloniex to cryptopia. My question is If someone leave DNotes on exchange will they be swapped automatically or what?
TwoCorn

Activity: 135

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 01:40:52 PM

After a super big lose of 94% i moved my coins from poloniex to cryptopia. My question is If someone leave DNotes on exchange will they be swapped automatically or what?

That depends on each individual exchange and what their policies are. You can always open a free account at the DNotesVault and move your coins there. Or download the DNotes wallet. Those will be swapped automatically.

I would recommend against leaving coins on any exchange long term if you aren't actively trading them.

CryptoCopywriting.com
I write content and direct response copy for the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry
Website   BitcoinTalk    Twitter  Steemit
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 01:40:57 PM

Hi ZurbCash, welcome to the DNotes forum. We do intend to reach out to the exchanges to participate in the swap, but ultimately it will be up to each exchange. The DNotesVault will be automatically swapped upon release of DNotes 2.0.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 01:42:51 PM

That depends on each individual exchange and what their policies are. You can always open a free account at the DNotesVault and move your coins there. Or download the DNotes wallet. Those will be swapped automatically.

I would recommend against leaving coins on any exchange long term if you aren't actively trading them.

Thanks TwoCorn, that is excellent advice!

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:49:20 PM

Farewell, Poloniex!

We wish you the best and appreciate that you listed DNotes on your exchange when others skipped us because DNotes was just a new-born. I just wish that we know why you dumped us when we needed you the most – like a baby just learning to walk.

I have learned a long time ago, that if one must under-estimate the future of someone, it is far wiser to pick the old guy on his last leg and not someone young. DNotes is still in its infancy - for whatever reasons you may have, we may prove you wrong.

DNotes will cease trading on Poloniex exchange at any minute or any hour today, November 21, 2017. It is with deep regret that I am posting this reminder for DNotes’ stakeholders. 

I used to really enjoy trading on Poloniex, but not after a couple instances of waiting 2 months for Bitcoin/DNotes withdrawals, as well as an embarrassing incident where someone I was helping buy Bitcoin had to wait a month before their deposit showed up at Poloniex, and countless other instances that made me say %#$!

So long Poloniex, best of luck moving forward.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:11:19 PM

No problem kopes18.

Oh yes, I understand the currency part. But I think to attract Reg. A+ investment the DNotes Global inc should have a business plan for the company investors. I just don't see this part for now. Thanks!

We have a business plan/white paper on the standby that is 90% completed. TeeGee has put in a lot of time working on that. I have also contributed and reviewed his work. Depending on the situation and disclosure requirements it can be completed as business plan, white paper, prospectus, or private placement memorandum, relatively quick.

I am not in favor issuing business plan for general consumption, especially in our industry. It is often a wish list to fool investors; constantly subject to change. At this point, our Road Map is sufficient. Moreover, there is a massive amount of published materials about what we are working on and we are always here to answer any questions.

Additionally, in the case of A+ Mini IPO issuing misleading statements or claims could negatively impact our chances of getting approval. We have always been very conservative but will be even more guarded as we take a serious look at A+ Mini IPO.
DNotesEDU

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 02:23:15 PM

The Elephant in the Room: Cryptocurrency’s Massive Bubble(s)

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/11/the-elephant-in-the-room-cryptocurrencys-massive-bubbles/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:36:04 PM

https://dnotesedu.com/2017/11/the-elephant-in-the-room-cryptocurrencys-massive-bubbles/

Thanks. Excellent job, DNotesEDU.

It is progressing in a very similar manner to the dot com bubble, where a few blue chips will emerge to dominate, and the rest of the industry will be doomed to failure or relegated to over the counter markets.” Certainly, that is a good reminder. In the real world, unfortunately, 80% of businesses failed during the first ten years.

Our industry is a fast mover – going fast, furious, and wild. I would venture to say that over 90% of the blockchain cryptocurrency projects will fail in the next 3 to 5 years. It is very important to do your homework before investing and prudent not to invest more than you can afford to lose in the event of a total loss.

And remember this from Warren Buffet, “Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:07:44 PM

That's an interesting article. I have been personally puzzled by the rush to invest in lots of different ICOs or even a new coin that looks flashy. I picked some new coins to invest in back in 2014, including DNotes, and what's funny is that two of those coins I picked back then I'm still investing in now, and they're like old coins. I've picked up one new coin since then whose future is up in the air but other than that, I'm sticking with the tried and true ones, and trying to add to my holdings as much as I can.

One thing that truly puzzles me is the Ethereum phenomenon, and I'm wondering if anyone here would like to comment on it. I avoided Ethereum for the longest time because every time I heard something about it, it was bad. Smart contracts getting hacked, millions of Dollars worth getting lost or held up somewhere in the etherspace where no one could find them until they sort of wandered back home. I wanted nothing to do with it. If I heard of an interesting ICO, I'd look into it and as soon as I learned it was ethereum based I'd drop it like a hot potato. I recently got into the position where I own two different ETH based tokens (one because I thought it was a NEM token and the other because I was kind of forced to--long story). So I finally tried to get a wallet and my first attempt failed repeatedly, until I finally switched to a different wallet. It works, but is very clunky. I guess what I don't understand is how a coin that is so awful can be priced so high and be so popular per coinmarketcap. That's the part I truly do not understand. Why is Ethereum where it is, and not one of a half dozen other coins that do smart contracts and wallets far better?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:38:14 PM

That's an interesting article. I have been personally puzzled by the rush to invest in lots of different ICOs or even a new coin that looks flashy. I picked some new coins to invest in back in 2014, including DNotes, and what's funny is that two of those coins I picked back then I'm still investing in now, and they're like old coins. I've picked up one new coin since then whose future is up in the air but other than that, I'm sticking with the tried and true ones, and trying to add to my holdings as much as I can.

One thing that truly puzzles me is the Ethereum phenomenon, and I'm wondering if anyone here would like to comment on it. I avoided Ethereum for the longest time because every time I heard something about it, it was bad. Smart contracts getting hacked, millions of Dollars worth getting lost or held up somewhere in the etherspace where no one could find them until they sort of wandered back home. I wanted nothing to do with it. If I heard of an interesting ICO, I'd look into it and as soon as I learned it was ethereum based I'd drop it like a hot potato. I recently got into the position where I own two different ETH based tokens (one because I thought it was a NEM token and the other because I was kind of forced to--long story). So I finally tried to get a wallet and my first attempt failed repeatedly, until I finally switched to a different wallet. It works, but is very clunky. I guess what I don't understand is how a coin that is so awful can be priced so high and be so popular per coinmarketcap. That's the part I truly do not understand. Why is Ethereum where it is, and not one of a half dozen other coins that do smart contracts and wallets far better?

Thank you, wiser. I always enjoy your posts – original, honest and refreshing. The fact that your picked two from years back that are still promising today, by itself, is quite amazing.

I have high regards for Ethereum, despite their occasional stumble. It is difficult to be perfect. There is a lot of untested ground and uncontrollable.

However, I am concerned about the potential fall-out of ICOs that SEC may deem “securities” that were sold without registration or exemption. Among other remedies, they can issue a rescission order to rescind or return the proceeds of the fund raised; much of the amount is still held as Ether and Bitcoin. A major case or a combination of a few could cause significant value adjustment. A wide-spread enforcement could be very damaging.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 07:23:12 PM

Had to run a quick update on DNotesVault.com for anyone experiencing issues it is back up and running.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:02:26 PM

Thank you, wiser. I always enjoy your posts – original, honest and refreshing. The fact that your picked two from years back that are still promising today, by itself, is quite amazing.

I have high regards for Ethereum, despite their occasional stumble. It is difficult to be perfect. There is a lot of untested ground and uncontrollable.

However, I am concerned about the potential fall-out of ICOs that SEC may deem “securities” that were sold without registration or exemption. Among other remedies, they can issue a rescission order to rescind or return the proceeds of the fund raised; much of the amount is still held as Ether and Bitcoin. A major case or a combination of a few could cause significant value adjustment. A wide-spread enforcement could be very damaging.

Thanks for the kind words. I like your perspective on Ethereum--focus on what that project has accomplished, which is considerable.

The two "new" coins I got into in 2014 are NEM and DNotes. With DNotes, it was the professionalism and dedication to developing solid infrastructure that won me over. With NEM, I kind of fell into it because I had been playing around with NXT, unfortunately not profitably, and some of their team decided to launch NEM and I got a stake figuring I had nothing to lose. Now I wish I'd gotten two or three. In 2015 I got involved with DMD, which by that time was already nearly three years old, and the longevity interested me. Early on I took a small writing gig with them and was very impressed with the thoroughness and ease of communication I had with the lead developer. That coin is now 4.5 years old and going strong, and paying a lot of my bills. The two newer coins I'm into now are STEEM--I really like the blogging for currency concept--(though right now I need to figure out if they're having growing pains or real issues), and VIVA, which I think is a great concept that will make it but at this stage is still a wild card.

Honestly, four or five coins is about all I can handle keeping up with, so I'm not even looking at the new ones coming out. One thing I love about DNotes is that if I'm not around for a couple months I don't have to worry that there will ever be some deal breaking piece of information that I missed that I should have acted on immediately (as in sell off all my coins). I can know that DNotes will still be there and making progress.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: