Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:29:43 PM

That's a very insightful article. I've started to notice that the "new" coins that are most likely to succeed long term have to be more than just coins. They actually need to be entire ecosystems. You can see that especially with STEEM, which is powering an entire social network, and it has three different "currencies" within it (STEEM, SBD, and SP). DNotes is turning out like that but not exclusively through what's on its block chain, but more by its supporting "bricks and mortar" as well as internet-based infrastructure. If you want to start a new coin today, it has to be an entire ecosystem or it will be short lived.

The problem, though, as well as the path forward, is that all these coin/ecosystems out there are still isolated from each other and largely from the rest of the financial world. As the article points out they each have their own assets and investors and their ecosystems only really work as isolated entities. Breaking into what's going on in the rest of the world is a challenge. I think the next big thing in block chain technology, then, will be a coin/ecosystem that truly integrates with the rest of the financial space. It might take a while to get there, and it will need to be thoroughly thought out. I don't think it will happen randomly, though there is a remote possibility it could.

I for one am looking forward to learning more details about how DNotes is positioning itself to integrate in a more complete way with both the current financial space and the rest of the block chain based world. The coin that succeeds in effectively bringing those two worlds together in a meaningful way for ordinary people is going to in retrospect turn out to be the absolute best financial investment anyone could make now.

I can think of at least one now defunct coin that made a valiant effort in that direction, and its failure, while largely internal, also speaks to the magnitude of this challenge.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 06:33:28 PM

That's a very insightful article. I've started to notice that the "new" coins that are most likely to succeed long term have to be more than just coins. They actually need to be entire ecosystems. You can see that especially with STEEM, which is powering an entire social network, and it has three different "currencies" within it (STEEM, SBD, and SP). DNotes is turning out like that but not exclusively through what's on its block chain, but more by its supporting "bricks and mortar" as well as internet-based infrastructure. If you want to start a new coin today, it has to be an entire ecosystem or it will be short lived.

The problem, though, as well as the path forward, is that all these coin/ecosystems out there are still isolated from each other and largely from the rest of the financial world. As the article points out they each have their own assets and investors and their ecosystems only really work as isolated entities. Breaking into what's going on in the rest of the world is a challenge. I think the next big thing in block chain technology, then, will be a coin/ecosystem that truly integrates with the rest of the financial space. It might take a while to get there, and it will need to be thoroughly thought out. I don't think it will happen randomly, though there is a remote possibility it could.

I for one am looking forward to learning more details about how DNotes is positioning itself to integrate in a more complete way with both the current financial space and the rest of the block chain based world. The coin that succeeds in effectively bringing those two worlds together in a meaningful way for ordinary people is going to in retrospect turn out to be the absolute best financial investment anyone could make now.

I can think of at least one now defunct coin that made a valiant effort in that direction, and its failure, while largely internal, also speaks to the magnitude of this challenge.

Absolutely wiser! It will take a massive effort, solid strategy as well as the ability to navigate many moving targets and challenges along the way. Failure is not an option for us.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:56:28 PM

Failure is not an option for us.

Wonderful to know, especially since I'm actively buying more DNotes now. Any idea on timing for the conversion to DNotes 2.0? I'd like to know how much time I have to accumulate more because I am pretty sure the transition will come with a major price hike.

I think DNotes will win the most undervalued coin of 2017 award!
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:24:56 PM

Absolutely wiser! It will take a massive effort, solid strategy as well as the ability to navigate many moving targets and challenges along the way. Failure is not an option for us.

Thanks, wiser. Not every coin needs to build an entire ecosystem to support their cryptocurrency. But it is important for them to be able to differentiate with high focus on their strengths, such as developing mobile apps or whatever the case may be.

DNotes started with a “Big Bold Vision of Global Scale”. We wanted to be more than just launching a new digital currency named “DNotes”. We wanted DNotes to be “the digital currency of the future with lasting value” built with a trusted brand and made accessible for everyone worldwide to participate. That was our mindset at the launching of DNotes on February 18, 2014. This is still of vision today.

I do feel that more people are beginning to understand and appreciate the ecosystem we have been building. In our case, we must build the entire ecosystem to ensure that the many different pieces are seamlessly integrated. I am sure that there will be many lessons learned and continuous fine-tuning. There will always regulatory and other constraints beyond our control. However, watch for not only our strategic road-map but how those strategies are refined and executed.

“Breaking into what's going on in the rest of the world is a challenge. I think the next big thing in block chain technology, then, will be a coin/ecosystem that truly integrates with the rest of the financial space.” That is a great challenge and will take years. We believe that it can be done. It may take direct investment and strategic partnership – a bank, partner, and other financial services.

“I for one am looking forward to learning more details about how DNotes is positioning itself to integrate in a more complete way with both the current financial space and the rest of the block chain based world.”

That is a great question. There is no short or easy answer. I would advise that those who are following us to focus on “what we are doing or have done” and “why we are doing them”. The list on what we have done is quite long – CryptoMoms, Family of CRISPs, DNotesVault, DCEBrief, DNotesEDU, Book “Improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success”, and DNotes Global, Inc.

What are we doing now?
Finishing the book project -  a published book, a membership site with 70+ educational videos complete with full transcripts and bullet points. The membership is free until 12/31/2019 and at $10 per month thereafter. https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

DNotes Global, Inc. has been granted 100% royalty free rights on any revenue associated with the book. My personal goal is to finish all the video production by Dec. 31, 2017. If I stay quiet for a few days, it is because I am on a mission to get the book project completed. The book is our path way to mass acceptance in the corporate world. It is a solid completed project for DNotes Global, Inc. and consequently important for our funding campaign using A+ Mini IPO Tier 2 which is now a front-burner project.

Above all, completing the first phase of DNotes 2.0 has been of paramount importance to us. This is more than just a migration from POW to POS. Ultimately, the DNotes blockchain must be able to communicate flawlessly with other blockchains. We are committed to continuous or multi-years development. Our development team will be expanded significantly next year.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:34:00 PM

Wonderful to know, especially since I'm actively buying more DNotes now. Any idea on timing for the conversion to DNotes 2.0? I'd like to know how much time I have to accumulate more because I am pretty sure the transition will come with a major price hike.

"DNotes will win the most undervalued coin of 2017 award!"

Thanks, wiser. You have my vote on this one.

"Any idea on timing for the conversion to DNotes 2.0?"
February 2018 is still a good guidance.
lxxtikk
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:00:50 AM

I think poloniex delist dnote because want to buy more cheap , and now Whales are starting to  accumulate more Dnotes at cryptopia . It will not surprise me if Dnote will go in short term back to 2k sat first. Next year can be epic for Dnote. Buy dip so much how it possible .
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 03:04:17 AM

I think poloniex delist dnote because want to buy more cheap , and now Whales are starting to  accumulate more Dnotes at cryptopia . It will not surprise me if Dnote will go in short term back to 2k sat first. Next year can be epic for Dnote. Buy dip so much how it possible .

There is certainly an opportunity to acquire some DNotes at today's price. But as we have mentioned previously, it is important not to invest more than you can afford to lose. Aside from the spike, the price seems to have gotten back to somewhat normal, at least from the dollar value side, BTC continues to break new record highs almost weekly it seems.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:42:41 AM

Bitcoin Price Soars Past $9,700

https://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-price-soars-past-9700/
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:26:46 AM

Local Regulation of a Global Currency

I'm going to start with admitting I have absolutely no idea how China adjusted its cash liquidity in the article linked below. I'm hoping someone on this thread can shine some light on that, because it did not seem to devalue the CNY like printing cash would.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/chinas-liquid-injection-could-be-bitcoins-delight

But I certainly recognised the effect the article claims shutting down Chinese exchanges has had. kopes18 had already confirmed my suspicions that exchanges would have just moved their operations, but not their customer base:
Most exchanges in China have already moved outside, Hong Kong, Japan and so on.

This article adds to that by pointing out how China may have moved against exchanges to stop the outflow of capital. But instead of achieving it, their move has now moved profits to the countries that the exchanges have been forced to move to.

I find all this fascinating because before cryptocurrencies enabled true exchange of value regardless of country of origin, similar moves controlling the physical exchange of fiat currencies were much more successful. Certainly excessive control of fiat exchange plays into the hands of black markets. But the clear increase of risk works to dampen that trade. Whereas the inbuilt security of cryptocurrency makes dealing with markets outlawed by your own country much safer. Leaving your cryptocurrency in these exchanges is still a high risk proposition though.

So while it is clear that the disruptive effect of cryptocurrencies and their ability to transfer value much cheaper than banking services provide puts the old financial systems under pressure and into opposition. China's actions, as an early and effective controller, expose how futile government regulation will be. This is, in my opinion, likely to discourage the big banks from putting pressure on governments to regulate cryptocurrency to retain their own market advantage. And this leaves them the final option of funding and generating negative propaganda about the cryptocurrency industry instead. And as I see it, the coming collapse of many ICO ventures will give them plenty to write warnings about. Let's just see how effective they are at muddying the water between tokens and alt-currencies.
Hi TimMarsh, you seem very interested in China haha, yes of course for a crypto investor. And we already see the China regulation has less and less influence to Bitcoin, it truly become stronger, for me, also like a monster.

I don’t know much about the economy, but I will share with you the things as a normal citizen from what I see. During these years housing price grows a lot, especially in big city like Beijing. A lot people even put the money for running their company into real estate. This do absorb a lot cny. I can see the price rising each year. Just guessing the inflation could be 10% per year.

Whatever media said, a lot is wrong and with not good intentions. China is a developing country, it's changing but takes time and normally very slow. All I see the global economy is very dangerous for none dollar country.

I thing you mixed currency valuation and exchange rate. For example 1 usd = 6.5 cny. This is exchange rate, not a valuation. Exchange rate is set by Chinese government, not a free market decided. For evaluation is much more complicated, I don’t know, it relates to export import and many many thing. It’s very hard to evaluate only base on China dumping billions cny. What the article says is very subjective.

Thanks again for your insight, kopes18. And yes, since visiting China and discovering that it is a lot different from how Western media represents it, I'm much more interested in China. I'm also interested in all sorts of systems, and China seems to really understand and implement systems well, and has done for many centuries. I took photos of quality control stamps on ancient bricks.

I also appreciate you're input about the difference between the price and the value of the CNY. That makes a lot of sense. As for the price of real estate in Beijing, I think that is mostly from people buying with the hope of making money when they sell, rather than because they need somewhere to live. I heard that China was addressing that trend by putting a limit on the number of properties someone can own. Clearly there is a desire to invest surplus money in a way that will make a lot more, rather than in a way that is unlikely to increase, but more guaranteed.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 11:05:26 AM

A short clip from Alan's interview with Adam Chapnick from ICOInvestor.tv. ICOInvestor.tv is fairly new to the industry and they are just getting started, so we don't know when or if this interview will air, but here is just a short segment from the interview.

https://youtu.be/TPMuX0vgBhE

Great point in the video, I have a couple secondary questions on this (for anyone who feels like chiming in). There is some agreement in the industry that mass adoption will solve cryptocurrency's volatility. The problems I see in this are:

1) Any currency that has a severely restricted incoming supply would see prices absolutely skyrocket if there was a 'mass acceptance sized amount' of investment being pumped into the market, how could these currencies ever achieve stability once their growth period has ended?

2) Using fiat investment as the main driver of mass acceptance means that the exact same people who control most of the money now, will likely control cryptocurrency. Could this negate any chance there was at using cryptocurrency as a means of financial inclusion? People won't use cryptocurrency if it doesn't better their life, so why would they switch monetary systems if it's just going to put them further from the top?

As long as the interest and demand grows, if no new currency is created, then it has to rely supply of people willing to sell. I believe you are correct that something like a bitcoin, as it stands today, it would be difficult if not impossible to achieve equilibrium and relative stability over the longer term. DNotes goal of stability is not a perfect level of value, but growing value slowly over time without disrupting day to day financial activity.

There are multiple issues in regards to financial inclusion. I think in terms of equal financial opportunity rather than strict equality or equality of outcome. Whether you start with very little money, should not impact your ability to grow at an equal rate as everyone else. We know that fiat will have less value over time, a savings account offers a negligible yield, investing in stocks can be risky and require specialized knowledge, not to mention the cost can far outweigh any gains when dealing with small amounts, among many other things that make it difficult for someone with not a lot of money to benefit from the financial system. But imagine if the value of your money could grow slowly over time, because value isn't extracted from the currency, along with a modest interest.

Whether or not someone enters the system with a lot of money, in a system like DNotes is creating, should have no impact on the individuals starting with very little ability to benefit from the system. I believe that is very different than the existing financial system, and benefits everyone.

I really liked the above post, and the direction that DNotes is taking in regards to growing its ecosystem and money supply.

A lot of people do draw attention to Bitcoin's deflationary nature, but what a lot of people forget is that inflation is not necessarily a bad thing. Back in the 1800s banks would often issue more bank notes to allow seasonal workers and farmers to have enough money during harvest seasons etc. When demand for tokens outstrips the supply, there shouldn't be much of an issue with more units coming into existence, and this is an issue Bitcoin may face.

The real issue with inflation is when it occurs without any sort of intrinsic value attached to it. It no longer works in the central bank world in my view because the dollar is an infinitely printed token that isn't backed by anything. Currency is, and should always be a reflection of value produced. Inflation becomes a dirty word when it occurs without any new value created to back the issue of the newly minted units. In crypto, the new money works as a liquidity vessel, and in the case of DNotes in particular, the tokens represent an ownership claim against DNotes Global -- a company whose modus operandi is to create value for DNotes currency.

It is only when we cross the rubicon, and money creation becomes a value-soaking activity, rather than a value-creation activity that a currency is done for. It is my view that we see this when it comes to Central Bank operated currencies who print money for their government's spending purposes, without any actual new value being created in line with the new tokens.

In contrast DNotes Global will be creating additional value into the DNotes currency with an array of business activities that include a storage vault, book and business subscription property, crypto news website, and hopefully soon a regulated digital currency exchange among other exciting things the mini-IPO will enable us to offer. I can see (some) issues with the deflationary nature in Bitcoin, and definitely others in the valueless inflation in current mainstream money. I think DNotes has the right approach.

Been very busy working lately, apologies for being quiet.

Great answers guys, exact same line of thought as I had followed, albeit in much better detail.
Brandon, you ask great questions, so I'm not surprised that the responses were informative and sparked discussion. And I'd like to add my few thoughts as well.

...how could these currencies ever achieve stability once their growth period has ended?

I think one of the big differences we'll see between the stability of fiat currencies and the stability of cryptocurrencies is how frequently they are traded. If there is only one trusted cryptocurrency handling 95+% of all investment and transactions, there will be no problems. But if there are more players, and I am pretty confident this will be the case, there will be trading between the currencies as investors bet on which one will go up more over short periods.

Because transferring large amounts of fiat currency, whether in hard cash at midnight under a bridge, or electronically over some computer system, incurs a lot of risk and oversight, it will always be expensive. Currently it is very expensive to send large sums of money electronically and those prices reflect collusion-like pricing behaviour rather than value. So the price has room to drop, but it will always be higher due to managing security internally rather than algorithmically.  This high cost of trading between fiat currencies causes the frequency of trade to be slower while the investor waits longer to make back their transaction fee in the diverging currency values.

With cryptocurrencies which can be exchanged directly and algorithmically without paying for exchange services, the cost of this exchange could be marginal, and based on a per-exchange price, instead of a percentage of the exchanged value. This would make very-short-term trading profitable and cause both cryptocurrencies involved to suffer from price volatility.

Because cryptocurrency transactions, and value, can be accurately checked by software, and the same software can initiate a transaction, it is also very likely that this volatile price will also suffer from computer-algorithm-ML-AI trading. So I'm predicting volatility as a long-term feature of successful cryptocurrencies. The only stability will come from those owners who distrust the many automatic trading programs that will be on offer, and don't have the time / expertise / interest in doing it manually.

People won't use cryptocurrency if it doesn't better their life, so why...
I think that mobile phone based payment systems will become the most common form of 'physical' transaction one day. It is likely that the most successful one will integrate with one or more cryptocurrencies, but equally as likely that it won't interact with more cryptocurrencies than the market accepted as competitors in the credit card industry.

So many people will move over to cryptocurrency when it is the simplest and most functional solution. I know after topping up my fiat currency hardware wallet two weeks previously, I've looked at it, and wondered where all the dollars went. I've also tried hanging onto all receipts and adding them up or entering them into a home accounting system. It was not fun. But using a mobile phone based wallet, I could have all my 'cash' expenditure information at my fingertips without doing anything.

Maybe New Zealand will lead the world on this, not China. I just read an interesting round up of many country's central banks' opinions regarding cryptocurrency. The most interesting part was this:

"The Reserve Bank of New Zealand, once a pioneer on the global stage with its early introduction of an inflation target, said Wednesday it’s considering its future plans for currency issuance, and how digital units may fit into those strategies. “Work is currently underway to assess the future demand for New Zealand fiat currency and to consider whether it would be feasible for the reserve bank to replace the physical currency that currently circulates with a digital alternative,” the RBNZ said in what it termed an analytical note."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-26/what-the-world-s-central-banks-are-saying-about-cryptocurrencies
Any news TeeGee?

So even if the richest people in the world get into cryptocurrency in a big way, I still think that everyone will eventually join in because of its functionality. It is also more secure in that you can store the same value in a physical way in multiple locations that can't be stolen if part of it is stored independently. So sure, due to buying pressure, the value of a single coin might be inaccessible. But I don't see the single coin price having an impact on everyday people who can buy the fraction of a coin they need for daily purchases. A single bitcoin would have to be worth more than US$100,000,000 before the satoshi becomes a bad choice for buying coffee. At that point, a fork will add some more decimal places.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:24:43 PM

It is going to be very interesting to see what NZ does in regards to considering issuing its own digital currency. I have many questions regarding how they would do this, and in particular, an interest in the ease that a system would make it to swap the NZ dollar tokens for other cryptocurrencies. I would absolutely support NZ becoming a leader in this regard, and I do play on my day off tomorrow to write the Reserve Bank an e-mail and make myself available. I have consulted ~10 people from two large government organisations here in New Zealand already regarding their official positions on digital currency.

My main questions are:

1. Would the Central Bank issue the tokens?

• Would they be replacements for current units of money, or inflation to the current amount already outstanding?
  • Inflation rate? / would the blockchain be permissionless so the public can view the current money supply and trace issuance of new money etc?

2. Could the digital NZ dollars also be privately issued by banks?

Would the units held by banks be limited to the number of 'normal' New Zealand dollars held? (at least initially since there will be overlap for several years). If a bank had 100 million New Zealand dollars, and also 100 million New Zealand crypto dollars, and the law stipulated that only one of 'each dollar' (100m) can be in circulation at any time, it would not make any difference to banks if customers withdrew either currency type. For example: if I chose to deposit 100 New Zealand dollars into the bank, they can loan that out to other customers under reserve banking rules. I can then decide to withdraw that money (and it hits their reserve fund to make loans), but if I instead withdrew that money in New Zealand crypto dollars, then the bank could still hold onto that original 100 New Zealand dollars for loaning purposes. If at any time in the future I wanted my money in physical cash, the bank could exchange my New Zealand crypto dollar tokens for New Zealand cash.

3. Would banks be expected to accept customer deposits that originate from crypto exchanges, where it is likely the funds were previously held in other cryptocurrencies?

4. Would the currency in any way be made proprietary to function with Central Bank oversight, only usable within the current banking framework -- i.e. only mainstream banks will have compatible software through licencing that will work with the currency?

No attempts to create proprietary applications for the NZ crypto dollar that would attempt to prevent it from being traded directly, or into other currencies peer to peer?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:24:42 PM

Thank you all. Great discussion. Let me approach things from a different prospective.

This is indeed a brave new world (a decentralized alien world) that just landed on our centralized planet where everything must be filtered and squeezed by central intermediaries or central authorities. It is disruptive, chaotic, and at times – lawless. It is causing a paradigm shift – now a $300 billion market Cap that exceeded the market valuation of Bank of America.

We are still at the infancy, but without a doubt witnessing the greatest technology revolution since the Internet. It is bigger, even more widespread – because one day it will impact the entire human race in every corner of the world.  Digital currency is the future of money. One or more will gain global mass acceptance – we just do not know which one, how many, and when.

Like fiat currencies there will be choices, and some will be best suited for very specific applications. Don’t be shocked, if that number goes over one million. Crazy, may be not. A college kid (nerd) can set up shop to create a token or digital currency every 30 minutes and charges $500 each. A white paper will cost you ten times more even though much of the contents are just “copy and paste”. Legal or not, this reality will continue if a few insiders/issuers can make $ millions and have full control of the entity. The investors, typically, have no ownership or voting rights. Many may not have a clue, but most are in it to find a greater fool willing to pay a higher price. The chance to get rich quick is a powerful motivator. We are all capable of being greedy to a varying degree. Sadly, this show may go on for a while longer. But I do believe that the easy money for ICO issuers is becoming significantly more difficult and risky, unless carefully navigated under capable legal guidance.

But what would it cost to do it right? A lot in terms of time and money. DNotes has already taken almost four years to build the most essential segments of our ecosystem at a significant cost (a little fortune and privately funded). That is just for a starter. The next phase of DNotes we are about to embark will require significant resources – capital and human resources. I will continue to share some insights with you when I can. Though I am not done, my research thus far, is suggesting that a $500,000 budget to successfully launch a Reg A+ Mini IPO under Title IV Tier 2 to raise up to $50,000,000 is a good estimate.

We are at the exploratory stage and may take it through “test the water” stage and not committed to go through with it. Do not make investment decision to buy DNotes based on our funding choice or any assurance of the efforts of being successful. Instead, I would appreciate that our community members interested to know more to do extensive research on Reg + Mini IPO and help us think through. We believe in doing the right for the mutual benefits of all our stakeholders over the long term.

I will continue this post later. I am joining a conference call soon. It may be a long short but DNotes is being considered as a potential project for Success Files educational content. It is part of Public Television in all 50 states hosted by Rob Lowe.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:52:13 PM

People won't use cryptocurrency if it doesn't better their life, so why...
I think that mobile phone based payment systems will become the most common form of 'physical' transaction one day. It is likely that the most successful one will integrate with one or more cryptocurrencies, but equally as likely that it won't interact with more cryptocurrencies than the market accepted as competitors in the credit card industry.

So many people will move over to cryptocurrency when it is the simplest and most functional solution. I know after topping up my fiat currency hardware wallet two weeks previously, I've looked at it, and wondered where all the dollars went. I've also tried hanging onto all receipts and adding them up or entering them into a home accounting system. It was not fun. But using a mobile phone based wallet, I could have all my 'cash' expenditure information at my fingertips without doing anything.

Maybe New Zealand will lead the world on this, not China. I just read an interesting round up of many country's central banks' opinions regarding cryptocurrency. The most interesting part was this:

"The Reserve Bank of New Zealand, once a pioneer on the global stage with its early introduction of an inflation target, said Wednesday it’s considering its future plans for currency issuance, and how digital units may fit into those strategies. “Work is currently underway to assess the future demand for New Zealand fiat currency and to consider whether it would be feasible for the reserve bank to replace the physical currency that currently circulates with a digital alternative,” the RBNZ said in what it termed an analytical note."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-26/what-the-world-s-central-banks-are-saying-about-cryptocurrencies
Any news TeeGee?

So even if the richest people in the world get into cryptocurrency in a big way, I still think that everyone will eventually join in because of its functionality. It is also more secure in that you can store the same value in a physical way in multiple locations that can't be stolen if part of it is stored independently. So sure, due to buying pressure, the value of a single coin might be inaccessible. But I don't see the single coin price having an impact on everyday people who can buy the fraction of a coin they need for daily purchases. A single bitcoin would have to be worth more than US$100,000,000 before the satoshi becomes a bad choice for buying coffee. At that point, a fork will add some more decimal places.

Mobile will play a huge role in the future of payments and cryptocurrency mass acceptance. It will have to be fast, adaptive to users habits, secure and recoverable, functional and simple to sign up and use. There are mobile cryptocurrency options today, but in order to use them there are trade offs in risk/cost/functionality and most of them are not easy. Progression will likely be done in phases, making it almost a seamless transition to the end user. The first step will be to integrate into the existing financial system, where there will need to be a trusted third party provider.

This is part of the role that DNotes Global Inc will play in the pursuit of bridging the gap between the centralized and decentralized with significant interest in making it cost effective as well as meeting the criteria above, in contrast to other third party providers without significant interest in the success of the currency itself. There will still be a desire and need for those tech savvy individuals that understand how to protect themselves and willing to take on their own risk, and we will help provide solutions for these individuals as well.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:22:06 PM

Quick update:

I just got done talking to Success File. They are excited about the DNotes story and support our commitment to education. From their stand-point - education that informs viewers on the very latest topic and trends impacting the world. DNotes is a worthy contender.

It is a big production project. They will be keeping an eye on us with the next scheduled conference in early April, 2018.

You may check up on Success Files HERE: http://www.successfilesrl.com/
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:49:32 PM

Quick update:

I just got done talking to Success File. They are excited about the DNotes story and support our commitment to education. From their stand-point - education that informs viewers on the very latest topic and trends impacting the world. DNotes is a worthy contender.

It is a big production project. They will be keeping an eye on us with the next scheduled conference in early April, 2018.

That is amazing! I love the human interest / social entrepreneurship approach of their documentaries - very impressive.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:47:43 PM

Quick update:

That is amazing! I love the human interest / social entrepreneurship approach of their documentaries - very impressive.

We have been working hard and long for almost 4 years. The DNotes Story is amazing and one that we all can be proud of to tell anyone. Yes, we are almost ready to share our vision with the rest of the world.
ned61thornton

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:59:07 PM

Did you reach the soft cap?
multibit

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:17:42 PM

I read that too. ICOs as they are currently structured are of serious concern to regulators. They are good for the insiders but extremely risky for the average investors, with no consumer protections. ICO is great as an alternative funding tool when done side by side with legitimate crowdfunding. However it is much more difficult and expensive. None the less, that is what I support and believe will lead to. Meanwhile, those who can or dare continue to exploit ICOs to rake in a boat-load of quick monies. I agree with you "Watch out!"
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 11:26:45 PM

Did you reach the soft cap?

Welcome ned61thornton to the DNotes forum. Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 11:36:44 PM

I read that too. ICOs as they are currently structured are of serious concern to regulators. They are good for the insiders but extremely risky for the average investors, with no consumer protections. ICO is great as an alternative funding tool when done side by side with legitimate crowdfunding. However it is much more difficult and expensive. None the less, that is what I support and believe will lead to. Meanwhile, those who can or dare continue to exploit ICOs to rake in a boat-load of quick monies. I agree with you "Watch out!"

Good points multibit, there is a legal framework for crowdfunding regardless of the platform used to raise funds. The SEC has already sent out a clear warning and DOJ is actively pursuing cases of clear fraud. Very well put "Watch out!". DNotes is taking a very different path to raise funds and create a model for others to follow and participate in, doing it the right way and following all the guidelines. It all ties into our model for NextGen VC.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: