Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:15:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148802 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:04:44 PM

Is https://dnotespool.com reliable?

Thinking of switching my L3+ to mine Dnotes.

Hi cryptokrazy, would you be able to share any tutorials on how to mine DNotes? I would like to get involved with mining but I'm not sure how or where to start. I'm sure it will be profitable to mine DNotes if the price continues on uptrend. Thank you in advance Smiley

Not really sure. I'm at the Getting Started page of the pool I mentioned above, but just see config examples for GPU miners. Not sure how to set up to mine on ASICs.

Perhaps the DNotes team could make a detailed video tutorial on how to mine the coin. All the technical jargon on the Getting Started Guide is too complicated for me. I think a video guide would be very helpful especially for those of us who are newbs when it comes to mining crypto-currencies Smiley

I'm not sure if a DNotes mining video was ever done (??), but it may not be worth the effort now that we are switching over to proof of stake in the next few months. Did you check out the tutorial on DNotesEDU?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 08:10:46 PM

Hi cryptokrazy, would you be able to share any tutorials on how to mine DNotes? I would like to get involved with mining but I'm not sure how or where to start. I'm sure it will be profitable to mine DNotes if the price continues on uptrend. Thank you in advance Smiley

Not really sure. I'm at the Getting Started page of the pool I mentioned above, but just see config examples for GPU miners. Not sure how to set up to mine on ASICs.

Perhaps the DNotes team could make a detailed video tutorial on how to mine the coin. All the technical jargon on the Getting Started Guide is too complicated for me. I think a video guide would be very helpful especially for those of us who are newbs when it comes to mining crypto-currencies Smiley

I'm not sure if a DNotes mining video was ever done (??), but it may not be worth the effort now that we are switching over to proof of stake in the next few months. Did you check out the tutorial on DNotesEDU?

Hi Chase. Yes, I just checked out the tutorial now. So with proof of stake we won't be able to mine DNotes anymore. Proof of stake and proof of work are two completely different ways of validating transaction if I am not mistaken. Do we need specialized equipment with proof of stake or can I use a laptop and what will the results be if I use a laptop? Thanks for the feedback btw.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:25:26 PM

Hi Chase. Yes, I just checked out the tutorial now. So with proof of stake we won't be able to mine DNotes anymore. Proof of stake and proof of work are two completely different ways of validating transaction if I am not mistaken. Do we need specialized equipment with proof of stake or can I use a laptop and what will the results be if I use a laptop? Thanks for the feedback btw.

I will leave this for someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to mining (which isn't me Huh).

Merry Christmas!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

BTCWise

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 08:33:36 PM

I will leave this for someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to mining (which isn't me Huh).

Merry Christmas!

Lol you and me both brother. Merry Christmas to you too Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 08:56:59 PM

Welcome cryptokrazy, DNotesPool.com is managed independently by one of our team members. It has been running since the launch of DNotes with very little issue.

As far as setting up using an antminer, which you will have to excuse me as I don't have experience with that miner, I believe it is a local / web interface where you have to plug in your URL (from https://dnotespool.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted) stratum+tcp://dnotespool.com:8333 and your worker and password. I was looking at this video to give me an idea of how the L3+ would work with DNotesPool.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ain_K_LLQ.

As far as mining videos, appreciate the idea, however there are many variables in hardware / software / proprietary systems for ASIC machines. Which leads to hundreds of variations and mining on a computer today is not practical nor is it recommended for someone just getting involved in cryptocurrency. It is indeed very technical and takes a lot of research, this is part of the reason we will be moving to proof of stake.

Staking on the other hand will be much easier to setup and understand with very little technical knowledge required.

Edit: And that is correct BTCWise, all you need for hardware for staking is just about any computer.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 09:02:08 PM

Hi Dnotes & fellow supporters,

Thought it was about time I registered and dropped a message in this forum!

I am new to crypto currencies and have spent the last few months researching relevant topics and looking through the mountains of coins available..

I must say the work that you guys are doing is amazing and you're without a doubt one of the most exciting projects!

Caught my eye from the very start and love the community that has been built around Dnotes.

Happy to be a part of this! Smiley

Xaro

Welcome Xaro, thank you for your interest in DNotes and taking the time to join our community! We are glad to have you, please drop by often to comment and help us shape the future of DNotes. Happy Holidays!

cryptokrazy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:43:36 PM

Welcome cryptokrazy, DNotesPool.com is managed independently by one of our team members. It has been running since the launch of DNotes with very little issue.

As far as setting up using an antminer, which you will have to excuse me as I don't have experience with that miner, I believe it is a local / web interface where you have to plug in your URL (from https://dnotespool.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted) stratum+tcp://dnotespool.com:8333 and your worker and password. I was looking at this video to give me an idea of how the L3+ would work with DNotesPool.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ain_K_LLQ.

As far as mining videos, appreciate the idea, however there are many variables in hardware / software / proprietary systems for ASIC machines. Which leads to hundreds of variations and mining on a computer today is not practical nor is it recommended for someone just getting involved in cryptocurrency. It is indeed very technical and takes a lot of research, this is part of the reason we will be moving to proof of stake.

Staking on the other hand will be much easier to setup and understand with very little technical knowledge required.

Edit: And that is correct BTCWise, all you need for hardware for staking is just about any computer.

Thank you. It was actually quite easy to set up The Antminer L3+ with the stratum address you provided, the Username.Workername and the password.

BTCWise

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 11:29:24 PM

Thanks for the reply. Proof of staking sounds awesome. Most people can't afford mining equipment that's why they turn to cloud mining. I think with the introduction of proof of stake it will encourage more people to get involved with DNotes especially now that we will only need a computer to start staking the coin. DNotes 2.0 is going to be awesome.

Thanks for sharing the video. I will check it out when I have some time. Take care and Merry Christmas to the DNotes team and the entire community here on Bitcointalk. May you all have a blessed day with your friends and family Smiley

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:37:42 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:10:39 AM

Thanks for the reply. Proof of staking sounds awesome. Most people can't afford mining equipment that's why they turn to cloud mining. I think with the introduction of proof of stake it will encourage more people to get involved with DNotes especially now that we will only need a computer to start staking the coin. DNotes 2.0 is going to be awesome.

Thanks for sharing the video. I will check it out when I have some time. Take care and Merry Christmas to the DNotes team and the entire community here on Bitcointalk. May you all have a blessed day with your friends and family Smiley

Certainly, BTCWise, " DNotes 2.0 is going to be awesome."

Merry Christmas to you and all our friends and family around the world.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 07:42:09 AM

Bob,

Certainly. I will be there in May though there will not be as much the see. Daylilies start blooming in mid June with peak bloom in July. Also the new house will be still under construction in May and completed in June. However, I will be delighted to see you again anytime.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Alan
I'm sure Alan knows a lot more about the function of phytochrome in its role affecting circadian rhythms and the blooming of daylilies, but a quick search on the Internet seems to indicate that shortening the nights early with artificial light would work on this species, and give Bob a much better display when he arrives. Sure it would take some electricity, but less then a bitcoin mine requires.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 07:57:13 AM

Okay, that artwork needs to be credited, it really made me smile. Great job. And Merry Christmas to all on this thread, you've made it such a pleasant place to hang out this year.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 08:27:10 AM

I don't know whether someone has posted this or not, so ignore this if it is old news. The infrastructure at Bittrex wasn't capable of handling the rapid scaling of an onslaught of new users and had to shut down new account registrations (until further notice). My guess is that a lot of the exchanges are likely in the same boat.

New Account Sign Ups

December 15, 2017 10:21

Dear new users:

We have received an enormous number of new account registrations over the past few weeks.  We are excited to have so many new users who want to join the Bittrex community.  Unfortunately, we have to make a few upgrades to our support and backend systems to handle the increased traffic and load.  As such, we have halted new user registrations for the time being.  If you already have an account on Bittrex, you will not be affected by this change.  Please continue to the log in as you normally do.

To our new users, we will keep you posted on when we open up registration.  We apologize for the inconvenience!

The Bittrex Team

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003463331

I really respect what Bittrex did here. They had the choice of increasing their current customer base by accepting new applications, or they could maintain the quality of service for their existing customer base and accept the fact that this will mean turning away new customers. They chose to put existing customers first and maintain their quality of service. I'd like to think that those who were turned away due to peak loads recognise the commitment to their customers that was demonstrated and come back to Bittrex when they've scaled up.

This is the sort of long-term vision that I see in DNotes Global Inc. and if these sorts of attitudes are embedded into the DNotes exchange, they will do well. I understand that the exchange is much further down the road map, but I'm sure that they're watching what both good and bad actors do, and learning from everything so that the DNotes exchange will benefit from this industry experience.

It is very demanding and costly to build a top notch exchange. We are committed to build our own and do it right. It will cost $ millions and may take a little longer. But that is a vital component of our fully integrated system. If I have my way, we will have the best customer services - something annoying lacking in our industry.

I also agree with what wiser has to say about customer support:
Good customer service is an absolute necessity, but tough to keep up with when you're growing rapidly. I think you have to over-hire tech support reps and consider it good when at times some of them are standing around doing nothing.

The great thing about the current labour market is that it is now so very easy to maintain a dormant workforce and outsource during peak times. The trick is already having in place a system for sorting and allocating tasks to the appropriate skill level. But even that can be largely automated now.

As for insightful comment by R-J-F recognising the value of moving with the times and trying things now even though they failed before:
In the new paradigm, if it didn't work yesterday, chances are it will tomorrow and that brings up the elephant in the room, accepting change as a good thing and making the most of it. Those who can do that will not only survive but thrive. Embrace new ideas and technology or perish. But above all else, don't be afraid to try a new way of doing things, it just might work better than you expect.

I'd like to plug that directly into R-J-F's later comment: "I can't help thinking what things might have been if we had less engineers and more marketing people who understood the customer relationship and the need for a live voice at the other end of the phone. " And suggest that with AI doing a great job of sorting types of issues and getting better at suggesting tech support responses, that some blended solution might soon be the most efficient way of meeting sudden peaks in customer support demands.

But whether it is security, or the voice of customer support, I believe the best way to approach all business decisions is remain focused on the desired outcome. Is it the voice they need to hear, or is it being able to instantly get the exact solution to their particular needs? Is top level security what is required, or do customers really just want to never lose their investment? DNotes Vault having access to matching funds is an example of thinking outside the box when determining security solutions that ensure customers will never lose. And if they continue with this outcome-focused approach when designing their exchange, it could really bring meeting customer needs to a whole new level.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:53:04 PM

Bob,

Certainly. I will be there in May though there will not be as much the see. Daylilies start blooming in mid June with peak bloom in July. Also the new house will be still under construction in May and completed in June. However, I will be delighted to see you again anytime.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Alan
I'm sure Alan knows a lot more about the function of phytochrome in its role affecting circadian rhythms and the blooming of daylilies, but a quick search on the Internet seems to indicate that shortening the nights early with artificial light would work on this species, and give Bob a much better display when he arrives. Sure it would take some electricity, but less then a bitcoin mine requires.

Very funny, Tim. If you can join us too, I can make a special dish of daylily with circadian. LOL!

Merry Christmas!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:23:19 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 04:23:39 PM by Dyna

I don't know whether someone has posted this or not, so ignore this if it is old news. The infrastructure at Bittrex wasn't capable of handling the rapid scaling of an onslaught of new users and had to shut down new account registrations (until further notice). My guess is that a lot of the exchanges are likely in the same boat.

New Account Sign Ups

December 15, 2017 10:21

Dear new users:

We have received an enormous number of new account registrations over the past few weeks.  We are excited to have so many new users who want to join the Bittrex community.  Unfortunately, we have to make a few upgrades to our support and backend systems to handle the increased traffic and load.  As such, we have halted new user registrations for the time being.  If you already have an account on Bittrex, you will not be affected by this change.  Please continue to the log in as you normally do.

To our new users, we will keep you posted on when we open up registration.  We apologize for the inconvenience!

The Bittrex Team

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003463331

I really respect what Bittrex did here. They had the choice of increasing their current customer base by accepting new applications, or they could maintain the quality of service for their existing customer base and accept the fact that this will mean turning away new customers. They chose to put existing customers first and maintain their quality of service. I'd like to think that those who were turned away due to peak loads recognise the commitment to their customers that was demonstrated and come back to Bittrex when they've scaled up.

This is the sort of long-term vision that I see in DNotes Global Inc. and if these sorts of attitudes are embedded into the DNotes exchange, they will do well. I understand that the exchange is much further down the road map, but I'm sure that they're watching what both good and bad actors do, and learning from everything so that the DNotes exchange will benefit from this industry experience.

It is very demanding and costly to build a top notch exchange. We are committed to build our own and do it right. It will cost $ millions and may take a little longer. But that is a vital component of our fully integrated system. If I have my way, we will have the best customer services - something annoying lacking in our industry.

I also agree with what wiser has to say about customer support:
Good customer service is an absolute necessity, but tough to keep up with when you're growing rapidly. I think you have to over-hire tech support reps and consider it good when at times some of them are standing around doing nothing.

The great thing about the current labour market is that it is now so very easy to maintain a dormant workforce and outsource during peak times. The trick is already having in place a system for sorting and allocating tasks to the appropriate skill level. But even that can be largely automated now.

As for insightful comment by R-J-F recognising the value of moving with the times and trying things now even though they failed before:
In the new paradigm, if it didn't work yesterday, chances are it will tomorrow and that brings up the elephant in the room, accepting change as a good thing and making the most of it. Those who can do that will not only survive but thrive. Embrace new ideas and technology or perish. But above all else, don't be afraid to try a new way of doing things, it just might work better than you expect.

I'd like to plug that directly into R-J-F's later comment: "I can't help thinking what things might have been if we had less engineers and more marketing people who understood the customer relationship and the need for a live voice at the other end of the phone. " And suggest that with AI doing a great job of sorting types of issues and getting better at suggesting tech support responses, that some blended solution might soon be the most efficient way of meeting sudden peaks in customer support demands.

But whether it is security, or the voice of customer support, I believe the best way to approach all business decisions is remain focused on the desired outcome. Is it the voice they need to hear, or is it being able to instantly get the exact solution to their particular needs? Is top level security what is required, or do customers really just want to never lose their investment? DNotes Vault having access to matching funds is an example of thinking outside the box when determining security solutions that ensure customers will never lose. And if they continue with this outcome-focused approach when designing their exchange, it could really bring meeting customer needs to a whole new level.

"I believe the best way to approach all business decisions is remain focused on the desired outcome." Tim, you are correct. DNotes is result and vision oriented. We have a clearly articulated a vision of building a trusted digital currency that is accessible for everyone worldwide to participate. To realize that vision there many goal oriented missions. They are all time and outcome oriented, and as quantifiable as possible - when to do what, in order to achieve "?" by a certain date.

We study, strategize, plan, and execute; mindful that success in business is the result of “doing the right thing, the right way, at the right time.” This is consistent with everything that we do. Perhaps DNotes will be a great case study for business schools one day. Meanwhile, I hope that many entrepreneurs can learn from us.  
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Okay, that artwork needs to be credited, it really made me smile. Great job. And Merry Christmas to all on this thread, you've made it such a pleasant place to hang out this year.

I agree, the artwork is beautiful. Merry Christmas everyone, and I hope you have a wonderful day! Smiley

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:19:26 PM

Our Christmas Wish for All of You

https://dcebrief.com/our-christmas-wish-for-all-of-you/
MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:20:31 PM

Merry Christmas to the Forum, to the DNotes team, and to all and sundry in between!

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:50:31 AM

Hope everyone had a good Christmas holiday.

Here is a situation worth keeping an eye on, as it is a reflection of Bitcoins lack of scalability:

Average confirmation time hit as high as 1416 minutes yesterday.
https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time?timespan=30days

It also appears as though every block is completely full.
https://blockchain.info/blocks/1514164923044
https://blockchain.info/blocks/1514078523044
Brandon Cheliak

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:08:26 AM

We have been searching for the best possible firm to expand our development team for DNotes 2.0 and beyond, and we are proud to announce we have acquired the services of Geneca. Geneca shares both our business philosophy and our vision for making DNotes a technology leader, making them the ideal partner for our rapid expansion plans.

A little background on Geneca:

"19 years ago, Geneca was born as a technology consulting firm, fueled by the conviction that technology investments are judged by the business benefit it delivers.  Which means, since the day we opened our doors, we have been pushing ourselves to not only meet but exceed our client’s expectations.

Our philosophy is that by aligning with our clients goals, ideas, and delivering transparency throughout a project, we will accurately capture the essence of your product and bring it to life.

Due to our longevity within the software industry, we have established a secure foundation which has allowed us to be innovated thinkers and expects in our field.  We bring a type of simplicity when developing a product due to our team being able to communicate effectively on both a technology and business level.  By speaking fluently within both areas, we are able to connect the two concepts insuring that our clients are receiving a product that will work while advancing their business.

Throughout this process, we are not just building a product we are also building a partnership.  By collaborating with our clients, we work toward one goal of building a successful software product not just billing hours.  Due to this, we have a 92% success rate (on-time and on-budget) on the projects we deliver.

Our Mission
To help our clients stay ahead of their competition by pushing the boundaries of what is possible with advanced strategy and cutting-edge technology.

Our Vision
Use software to create something extraordinary from something ordinary. To do that, we have to be MORE than a technology company. We have to be THE place to go to turn a big idea into big business impact."

Company details:

Website
http://www.geneca.com

Headquarters
Oak Brook, IL

Year founded

Company type
Privately Held

Company size
51-200 employees

Here are just a few of the articles they have written on their blog:
https://www.geneca.com/blog/a-shared-language-why-you-need-one-how-to-create-it
https://www.geneca.com/blog/5-ways-to-build-a-strong-cultu
https://www.geneca.com/blog/walk-softly-and-carry-a-big-catalogue
https://www.geneca.com/blog/truly-inspirational-leaders-can-dodge-raindrops
https://www.geneca.com/blog/5-questions-to-determine-if-your-culture-motivates-millennials
https://www.geneca.com/blog/to-find-and-retain-more-customers-think-like-a-software-company

They are also product focused, which means they understand deadlines and realize the need for coordination with the rest of the business. To accomplish these goals, they have developed a set of amazing tools to keep everything on track and everyone on the same page, as well as provide a means for measuring progress and early detection when things may not be going as planned in order to make adjustments as needed.

With the addition of Geneca, there is an adjustment in the development of DNotes 2.0 and our priority for full C# conversion has been degraded to ensure we can meet our goals and time lines in Q1 2018.

Geneca has met and exceeded our expectations, and is without a shadow of a doubt the perfect fit for us and a mutually beneficial relationship with DNotes Global, Inc.

Amazing. I've done a bit of research on Geneca and am impressed, they've worked with some highly reputable organizations. This partnership is a huge step in taking DNotes to the next level.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: