Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 560 4GB Ethereum  (Read 212700 times)
Unknown Suspect

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:09:21 AM

For a MSI ITX 560 Areo 4GB with Hynix memory
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N9aE4jBraopVhCf299IOMLsRTqgvtIlY

Modded strap I got off a forum, The strat is from 1750 to 2250
I have two of these cards now running at 2200 mem, core -7.5%  Pulls 440H crypto and 16H on Eth.
Stock Voltages and only slightly upped fans.

Anyone try goldenbunip's bios? I have about 12 of these cards en route.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:35:39 AM

better 8gb gpu for difficulty increasing
Chances are by the time 8GB no longer works for mining ETH will have finally switched to some sort of POS or whatever 8GB mining cards are available now like the 580 will be obsolete. 4GB is really just fine for mining right now.
sivanko

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:49:13 AM

whats the best you can do to a xfx 560 micron single fan?

About 14.8 if card doesn't have additional power connector, 15.5 if it has it.
Everything above 15.5 is just question of cooling memory...gigabyte has advantage that
metal part of cooler covers memory chips too...I don't know about any other card like that, but
if it exists, it should be able to reach 16MH/s too

Which settings should give me that speed on XFX 560 Single Fan with

Memory timings?Clocks?

Thanks.

i have a modded bios for XFX RX 560's that get me a 14.xx stable. You may be able to hit 15.xxx but I could not as the MAX mem clock was 2000 for mine. All of the ones I have are MICRON memory. However even after taking each and tuning them one by one separately. I get weird hashrates i.e 14.xxx on one while another 11.xxx on others. Its strange... not sure what is happening. I normally used the batch file on Claymore to edit the settings/set overclocks/voltage etc. But have been experimenting with using Wattman, and Afterburner.

So far Wattman is okay, but still not even hashrates all around, and AB combined with Claymore is a hit or miss sometimes to have them all at 14.xxx ;

Example: in claymore GPU0 is 11.xxx Mh/s GPU1 is 14.xxx and GPU2 is 11.xxx doesnt make any sense why this is. What I have noticed however is that the DAG file creation time for GPU1 is 8XXX ms vs 11982 ms for the other two. I'm lead to believe the faster the creation of the DAG poch file   = high hash rate.

and these mod values ans straps are:
If you care to share.

I got 12.6-12.7 Mh/s with 1625 straps and 2040 mem and 1150 GPU core clock. Me,ory is micron. Single Fan XFX RX 560.

I also noticed the gpu I have is a downgraded version with 14 CU rather than original 16 CU RX560.

Maybe my values are limit with what I got.

Here is it boys Smiley https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DTCpIzPC38v5ShgBu-bFzfciaQXZBxaP?usp=sharing

For u XFX 560 bois

Don't thank me tho, thank the all mighty Branko (I am not worthy), *cough* send him eth for his work *cough*

I apologize for not replying sooner, got diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression but I found the help I need and have faith everything will be ok Smiley

I will try your bios strap settings on my on other cards I'm having problems with. I'm thinking of reverting to the blockchain drivers (beta ones released in Aug) instead of the up to the date Adrenaline (now) drivers.

Thank you, I started to go crazy for a 10.2 MH/s for each card, today I will try it and I hope it will work.
I have a 2 xfx rx 560 4gb, dual mining ETH and SIA (started for testing but now I'm just waiting for a payoff), started to mine one month ago.
Anyhow, you saved me Smiley
sivanko

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:59:11 AM

You are having a 14+ mh/s with XFX rx 560 single fan model? I am thinking to buy 8x XFX rx560 but i was afraid to not to get more than 12 mh/s.

Also anyone tried dual mining with this card?

If you plan to dual mine, I strongly suggest card with additional pci-e power connector and good cooling

XFX rX 560 4gb has an additional power connector, dual mining is 10.5 MH/s // 330 MH/s (ETH/SIA) per GPU, no OC just factory settings
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:33:05 AM

hi guys i wanted to build up 1 rig with 12 of rx 560 4gb (14mh oon ethx2 does 28mh which is like rx 570/580) but from what i know the power cosnumption is very cheap about 55w each card is that true?
can someone post prove with a kill a watt? because my rx 570 28mh on eth drawing 160watt and if 2x rx 560 for 28mh draw 110w is very much better i think
ChunkySoup

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:42:54 PM

A noob looking for a little guidance if you could.

I picked up the ASUS Rx 560 OC Edition and threw it into an old spare PC with intention of learning more about mining and figured it was relatively cheap so if it doesn't work out or I fry the card I am not out too much money. I am using Claymores dual miner and the August edition of the AMD mining drivers on windows 10. Two things that are happening.

1) I run Claymores script and the card spins up to 90°c with the fans at 100% before shutting down about a minute later. I moved the rig to the garage as it's around 0°c and I added an intake case fan blowing directly at it. Card is still averaging 86°c while the interior of the case is hovering around 10°c.  This does not seem right and my guess will burn the card out pretty quickly.

2) Daily average from ethermine.org is around 7MH/s which is about half of what is reported heere on this thread.

So does anyone have any tips, tricks or a stable BIOS update that would help either of these issues (perferrably both)? Also given my noobness what are straps and strat referring to?  I am sure there are more questions I will need to ask but baby steps.

if I get this figured out then I will start to ramp up with a number of cards and an open air rig.

Thanks for any help you can give.

ChunkySoup
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:25:29 PM

I picked up the ASUS Rx 560 OC Edition and threw it into an old spare PC with intention of learning more about mining and figured it was relatively cheap so if it doesn't work out or I fry the card I am not out too much money. I am using Claymores dual miner and the August edition of the AMD mining drivers on windows 10. Two things that are happening.

1) I run Claymores script and the card spins up to 90°c with the fans at 100% before shutting down about a minute later. I moved the rig to the garage as it's around 0°c and I added an intake case fan blowing directly at it. Card is still averaging 86°c while the interior of the case is hovering around 10°c.  This does not seem right and my guess will burn the card out pretty quickly.

2) Daily average from ethermine.org is around 7MH/s which is about half of what is reported heere on this thread.

So does anyone have any tips, tricks or a stable BIOS update that would help either of these issues (perferrably both)? Also given my noobness what are straps and strat referring to?  I am sure there are more questions I will need to ask but baby steps.

if I get this figured out then I will start to ramp up with a number of cards and an open air rig.

ChunkySoup

https://mining.help/
kronik

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:34:27 PM

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au7AtGNtJ7axjFwPI3muhFLCgIOj

guys please help! I broke one of my xfx rx560 4gb (micron) while trying to bios myself because of I try all shared bios and didn't work at all, all same fault "SubsystemIDs mismatch"

and this is the second and last one, I dont want to lose this one too..
R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:41:40 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 05:53:14 PM by R0land

guys please help! I broke one of my xfx rx560 4gb (micron) while trying to bios myself because of I try all shared bios and didn't work at all, all same fault "SubsystemIDs mismatch"

Upload your original VBIOS to zippyshare or an other filehoster. I don´t want to sign in OneDrive to download your BIOS to help you  Wink .

"SubsystemIDs mismatch" will display when you want to flash the BIOS from an other GPU, like RX560D.

Do you have an RX560D, maybe ?
Cyric78

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:02:10 PM

Hey guys.. I picked up a couple Asus Radeon RX 560 4gb Evo Oc edition cards, and am getting about 13Mh/s each just with wattman..

My question is, when I try to mod the bios, the memory only goes to 1500, and apparently there is on 14cus..

Is there anything I can do to get the memory past 2000, or should I just smile with what I've gotten?
R0land

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:34:22 AM

Hey guys.. I picked up a couple Asus Radeon RX 560 4gb Evo Oc edition cards, and am getting about 13Mh/s each just with wattman..

My question is, when I try to mod the bios, the memory only goes to 1500, and apparently there is on 14cus..

Is there anything I can do to get the memory past 2000, or should I just smile with what I've gotten?
If you upload your VBIOS, I can try to unlock the 16 CU´s.
ChunkySoup

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:29:16 AM

ChunkySoup

Ok...so I did pretty much all of that...there are a few things I had already done, I couldn't do or weren't available anymore but man it still ramps up right to 90° and I am getting just under 10MH/s on average. I tried setting the limit on the temp but overdrive Ntool throttled down the fans so much it crashed. The temp in my garage was -3° so I set the min and max of the fans higher and it seems relatively stable but I can't get it to push any higher or be any cooler....sigh...
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:39:50 AM

ChunkySoup

Ok...so I did pretty much all of that...there are a few things I had already done, I couldn't do or weren't available anymore but man it still ramps up right to 90° and I am getting just under 10MH/s on average. I tried setting the limit on the temp but overdrive Ntool throttled down the fans so much it crashed. The temp in my garage was -3° so I set the min and max of the fans higher and it seems relatively stable but I can't get it to push any higher or be any cooler....sigh...

Try earlier versions of Claymore, some people report better results with older versions on less powerful cards, or try mining a CryptoNight coin, they use less power:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638915.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1612329.0
maxime506

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:14:42 PM

Hi there,

Love all the good information in there for RX 560.

I have a bunch of RX 460 (unlock to RX 560) 4GB cards and they can hash UBIQ somewhere between 13.5-13.7 dual mining with Pascal Coin (120-130 each). My cards have horrible ASIC Quality and none of them crack above 60%, I have to keep the core @1000 to save power and undervolt.

I am interested to buy another bunch of RX 460 to replace my old Tahiti cards. However the 4GB version are mostly sold out and remains pretty expensive. I do see a bunch of 2GB version selling at normal price or below.

My question is, could some one who has RX 460 2GB cards kindly run a benchmark of Epoch 85, 100, and 115 to see how much can the 2GB cards handle. My 4GB version can withstand a benchmark of Epoch 295 with 3.5GB VRAM in use, however, I don't have any 2GB cards and I live in rural area (meaning it's hard to get my hands on a 2GB card without buying one just to try)

Thank you guys and happy mining. Cheers
kronik

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:36:16 PM

Upload your original VBIOS to zippyshare or an other filehoster. I don´t want to sign in OneDrive to download your BIOS to help you  Wink .

"SubsystemIDs mismatch" will display when you want to flash the BIOS from an other GPU, like RX560D.

http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/V7KvIvOM/file.html

Thank you, I try your shared bios but it also give me same fault.

It's also micron memory btw. I will wait, thank you so much.
Cyric78

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:26:40 PM

Here is my original bios..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FYrVYZh47zfT3MVqlPcot4RlTBDJxWZc

I appreciate it man!

Any ideas on ways to get the mem above 1500? Flashing a bios from a similar card by chance?
R0land

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:07:06 PM

http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/V7KvIvOM/file.html

Thank you, I try your shared bios but it also give me same fault.

It's also micron memory btw. I will wait, thank you so much.

Here is the fixed and modded BIOS :
http://www97.zippyshare.com/v/RkqSxOn9/file.html
Please report the result.

Good luck  Wink
R0land

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:17:01 PM

I appreciate it man!

Any ideas on ways to get the mem above 1500? Flashing a bios from a similar card by chance?

Here is the modded BIOS:
http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/U8tUsqXA/file.html

Good luck  Wink
Cyric78

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:42:50 PM

I appreciate it man!

Here is the modded BIOS:
http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/U8tUsqXA/file.html

Good luck  Wink

Downloading now, and I'll post the results soon!

Thanks again!!
NewEraNew

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:50:38 PM

What is hashrate of rx 560 on etc?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: